• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:26
CEST 14:26
KST 21:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8698 users

IEM Sao Paulo, Day One - Victory Road - Page 5

Forum Index > News
109 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
DailYLeet
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany827 Posts
February 08 2012 14:20 GMT
#81
and bad prediction is wrong after first game :D
"King Goody spoke - you have to treat his words like gold , he is the wisest man , who ever crossed the EU server" - Cloud
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
February 08 2012 14:37 GMT
#82
On February 08 2012 16:54 JustPassingBy wrote:
Dunno, I think Illusion is kind of overhyped these days. If you look at his past results, he only has a meager bronze medal in which he went through: destiny and incontrol as most notable players...
Anyways, should Illusion not finish second in the group, I can't promise I won't have a smug smile on my face.


my lips are starting to tickle!
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 16:13:34
February 08 2012 16:09 GMT
#83
On February 08 2012 12:52 Corsica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 10:36 OrbitalPlane wrote:
Great research on Darkforce mr author, there is a wiki called liquipedia... http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/DarKFoRcE
I guess placing ro8 in NASL is his best result by far. Way better than beating several of the best foreigners and best koreans out there on GeForce tournament and placing 3rd. I am also convinced that at the WCG in Busan his win against MarinKing was an above-average results too. But i guess every above average diamond player can do that...

Also good to learn something new with every article. I did not know that it is his second major tournament in the western hemisphere. I guess DreamHack and Assembly does not count in the american scene.

I really hope next time there is someone less bias writing the article who values the above-average results of one of the best foreigner Zerg players...




I got used to NA writers to forget about EU players and be biased as fuck about such players as Illusion who havent been to any not NA Lans... thats something you have to get used to living here at TL...

On topic: Never underestimate DarkForce...people call him DarkHorse for a reason...When he is on top of his game he can kill Koreans...

Pred: Supernova 3-0
Darkforce 2-1
Illusion 1-2
Killer 0-3
You've clearly never read anything I've ever written then, or you'd know how highly I rate Europeans.
On February 08 2012 14:45 mvtaylor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 10:41 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On February 08 2012 10:36 OrbitalPlane wrote:
Great research on Darkforce mr author, there is a wiki called liquipedia... http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/DarKFoRcE
I guess placing ro8 in NASL is his best result by far. Way better than beating several of the best foreigners and best koreans out there on GeForce tournament and placing 3rd. I am also convinced that at the WCG in Busan his win against MarinKing was an above-average results too.

Also good to learn something new with every article. I did not know that it is his second major tournament in the western hemisphere. I guess DreamHack and Assembly does not count in the american scene.

I really hope next time there is someone less bias writing the article who values the above-average results of one of the best foreigner Zerg players...


Dreamhack and Assembly were both in the Eastern Hemisphere

[image loading]



This is BEYOND nit picking. Europe and America are in the Western Hemisphere without doubt. Unless the Cold War of East against West had some severe tectonic movement to agree with the dictionary definition...
It's not beyond nitpicking, it's precisely what I said, and precisely what I meant.

On February 08 2012 23:20 DailYLeet wrote:
and bad prediction is wrong after first game :D

Sometimes you're right and sometimes you're wrong. DarKFoRcE has a turtly playstyle, which I think is boring, and hope gets picked apart more often as faster and more aggressive players come around. Winning a series 2-1 against Illusion doesn't change much. Notice that I said he's the second favorite to advance from the group. In the for funsies number prediction, I thought he might go 0-3 (3-6). Maybe he'll go 1-2 instead, or maybe he'll go 2-1. But all of the Germans in this thread should probably chill out about it.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
Finrod1
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany3997 Posts
February 08 2012 16:19 GMT
#84
Hey tree. im perfectly fine with your analysis and love those writeups. Dont get annoyed by the few haters. thanks as always for the writing!
jumbotroN
Profile Joined April 2010
Peru229 Posts
February 08 2012 16:36 GMT
#85
Cheering for Killer and Fenix.
StarGalaxy
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany744 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 16:39:10
February 08 2012 16:37 GMT
#86
Well i was not complaining about the prediction,(even so i don't agree with it). Everyone can has his own opinion about that and it's fine to discuss it, too. And the predictions are predictions so they obviously don't always have to come true. no problem with that...

What was not appropriate imho is to present a player as boring and with a poorly researched introduction. I just don't like the picture that is drawn by that. A lot of people who don't know darkforce as well as the european scene might get a completely wrong picture of him.
If there are several writers anyways, why not let find a writer for the notes who can actually find a positive word of the player?
Cj hero | Zest
DeaDoXFighting
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada115 Posts
February 08 2012 16:46 GMT
#87
Sounds exciting can´t wait to see how MYM.XLorD will perform!!
Go Liquid Hero !!!!!
InfusedTT.DaZe
Profile Joined August 2010
Romania693 Posts
February 08 2012 16:52 GMT
#88
Hi, wanted to say that the tlpd for ilusion is wrong, that is the illusion from ogs!
gogo europe!
"Echoes of past events nudge the tiller on my present course, I await its reflection in the future"
Timmeh_Anderson
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany37 Posts
February 08 2012 17:13 GMT
#89
wow illusion such a good player.... NOT

User was warned for this post
MVTaylor
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2893 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 18:12:17
February 08 2012 17:14 GMT
#90
illusion is the first player eliminated from IEM Sao Paulo while darkforce gets through 2-1. Boom, pretty happy given my earlier post in the thread.

I think that's why people, and not just germans, get a bit annoyed, the amount of hype attached to players based on what is effectively one week of decent results in online matches.
@followMVT
Timmeh_Anderson
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany37 Posts
February 08 2012 18:15 GMT
#91
DF boom, headshot =)
TRAP[yoo]
Profile Joined December 2009
Hungary6026 Posts
February 08 2012 18:26 GMT
#92
nice darkforce! now its time for xlord to do the same
FTD
Thombur
Profile Joined January 2012
95 Posts
February 08 2012 18:31 GMT
#93
On February 09 2012 02:14 mvtaylor wrote:
illusion is the first player eliminated from IEM Sao Paulo while darkforce gets through 2-1. Boom, pretty happy given my earlier post in the thread.

I think that's why people, and not just germans, get a bit annoyed, the amount of hype attached to players based on what is effectively one week of decent results in online matches.

I think a lot of the hype around Illusion is based upon the fact that his playstyle is incredibly fun to watch. I love it at least. Add in that he is pretty good at such a young age and I think he will become a truely great player even if he doesn't have the experience it would require to win LAN events yet.
Corsica
Profile Joined February 2011
Ukraine1854 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 18:42:23
February 08 2012 18:42 GMT
#94
lol bias of writers totally wrong, expect supernova... which only toddler would fail to predict.
Beastyqt
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Serbia516 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 18:45:47
February 08 2012 18:45 GMT
#95
I dont think Illusion deserves hate for people hyping him its not really his fault, casters in general try to hype new players after winning one bo3..too much in my opinion.

Illusion is very good for 15 year old player, I have no doubt if he keeps playing that he will be top top player in 12-18 months, but people that hype him are doing more hurt than good (like in this thread people flaming him and calling him bad after so much hype because people expect too much from him).

I watched his games today first time and he plays very risky in TvZ, not getting tank until 14minute and siege mode until 15min will get destroyed many times with just 2 base baneling bust allins or infestor plays. His micro and macro are good, but (no offence to him or his fans) he is not top player and he probably knows it since he's a smart guy. He isnt far away from it either, but like I said if he keeps practising he will slay some nerds very soon, he should work on his builds mostly since his understanding of the TvZ seems better than his builds in it.
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/Beastyqt YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/beastyqtsc2
MVTaylor
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2893 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 19:00:55
February 08 2012 18:58 GMT
#96
On February 09 2012 03:45 Empire.Beastyqt wrote:
I dont think Illusion deserves hate for people hyping him its not really his fault, casters in general try to hype new players after winning one bo3..too much in my opinion.

Illusion is very good for 15 year old player, I have no doubt if he keeps playing that he will be top top player in 12-18 months, but people that hype him are doing more hurt than good (like in this thread people flaming him and calling him bad after so much hype because people expect too much from him).

I watched his games today first time and he plays very risky in TvZ, not getting tank until 14minute and siege mode until 15min will get destroyed many times with just 2 base baneling bust allins or infestor plays. His micro and macro are good, but (no offence to him or his fans) he is not top player and he probably knows it since he's a smart guy. He isnt far away from it either, but like I said if he keeps practising he will slay some nerds very soon, he should work on his builds mostly since his understanding of the TvZ seems better than his builds in it.


Oh exactly, I don't think anyone here hates illusion, he does what he has to do and plays as best he can in his own style. I think people dislike the amount of hype that gets put on certain players who have only a handful of games on which to back it up, trimaster, goswser, gatored etc. I'm sure we'll see more from him in the future once he has more lan experience and sc2 experience in general while he isn't trying to juggle school and sc2.
@followMVT
Beastyqt
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Serbia516 Posts
February 08 2012 19:19 GMT
#97
On February 09 2012 03:58 mvtaylor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 03:45 Empire.Beastyqt wrote:
I dont think Illusion deserves hate for people hyping him its not really his fault, casters in general try to hype new players after winning one bo3..too much in my opinion.

Illusion is very good for 15 year old player, I have no doubt if he keeps playing that he will be top top player in 12-18 months, but people that hype him are doing more hurt than good (like in this thread people flaming him and calling him bad after so much hype because people expect too much from him).

I watched his games today first time and he plays very risky in TvZ, not getting tank until 14minute and siege mode until 15min will get destroyed many times with just 2 base baneling bust allins or infestor plays. His micro and macro are good, but (no offence to him or his fans) he is not top player and he probably knows it since he's a smart guy. He isnt far away from it either, but like I said if he keeps practising he will slay some nerds very soon, he should work on his builds mostly since his understanding of the TvZ seems better than his builds in it.


Oh exactly, I don't think anyone here hates illusion, he does what he has to do and plays as best he can in his own style. I think people dislike the amount of hype that gets put on certain players who have only a handful of games on which to back it up, trimaster, goswser, gatored etc. I'm sure we'll see more from him in the future once he has more lan experience and sc2 experience in general while he isn't trying to juggle school and sc2.


I know I hate the hyping after one tournament or one series as well
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/Beastyqt YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/beastyqtsc2
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 20:23:22
February 08 2012 20:19 GMT
#98
On February 09 2012 02:14 mvtaylor wrote:
illusion is the first player eliminated from IEM Sao Paulo while darkforce gets through 2-1. Boom, pretty happy given my earlier post in the thread.

I think that's why people, and not just germans, get a bit annoyed, the amount of hype attached to players based on what is effectively one week of decent results in online matches.

Lets bet on this. I think Illusion will win a major tournament before DarKFoRcE does, and you seem to disagree. Name your terms.

On February 09 2012 01:37 OrbitalPlane wrote:
Well i was not complaining about the prediction,(even so i don't agree with it). Everyone can has his own opinion about that and it's fine to discuss it, too. And the predictions are predictions so they obviously don't always have to come true. no problem with that...

What was not appropriate imho is to present a player as boring and with a poorly researched introduction. I just don't like the picture that is drawn by that. A lot of people who don't know darkforce as well as the european scene might get a completely wrong picture of him.
If there are several writers anyways, why not let find a writer for the notes who can actually find a positive word of the player?

Name a single thing in my short paragraph on DarKFoRcE that was incorrect, or evidence of poor research. Moreover, my paragraph was plenty positive about DF. Did you read the part where I said he was the second best known in the group, that he was the second most likely to advance?

Or did you not read the paragraph at all? O_o

I recognize that DF wins a lot of games, but I personally (I think it's abundantly clear that my opinion there was a personal value judgement) think his style is dull, and that he doesn't have the massive upside I see in players like Illusion. I tend to sometimes overvalue a player's potential at the cost of their current form, but I'll stand by my analysis here any day.

On February 09 2012 04:19 Empire.Beastyqt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 03:58 mvtaylor wrote:
On February 09 2012 03:45 Empire.Beastyqt wrote:
I dont think Illusion deserves hate for people hyping him its not really his fault, casters in general try to hype new players after winning one bo3..too much in my opinion.

Illusion is very good for 15 year old player, I have no doubt if he keeps playing that he will be top top player in 12-18 months, but people that hype him are doing more hurt than good (like in this thread people flaming him and calling him bad after so much hype because people expect too much from him).

I watched his games today first time and he plays very risky in TvZ, not getting tank until 14minute and siege mode until 15min will get destroyed many times with just 2 base baneling bust allins or infestor plays. His micro and macro are good, but (no offence to him or his fans) he is not top player and he probably knows it since he's a smart guy. He isnt far away from it either, but like I said if he keeps practising he will slay some nerds very soon, he should work on his builds mostly since his understanding of the TvZ seems better than his builds in it.


Oh exactly, I don't think anyone here hates illusion, he does what he has to do and plays as best he can in his own style. I think people dislike the amount of hype that gets put on certain players who have only a handful of games on which to back it up, trimaster, goswser, gatored etc. I'm sure we'll see more from him in the future once he has more lan experience and sc2 experience in general while he isn't trying to juggle school and sc2.


I know I hate the hyping after one tournament or one series as well

Beasty top three foreign terran?
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
StarGalaxy
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany744 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 21:27:22
February 08 2012 20:55 GMT
#99
i actually don't want to be too narrow-minded, the rest of the write up was pretty good but since you asked here are your answers:

Name a single thing in my short paragraph on DarKFoRcE that was incorrect, or evidence of poor research.

I already did on page 1, but here again special for you:
lack of stellar major tournament results is not true
and DarKFoRcE's best result yet was his defeat of aLive in the NASL Season 1 finals is arguably wrong too.
he has put up quite decent good results in a lot of big tournaments
just some examples:
He beat several of the best foreigners and best koreans out there on the GeForce tournament and placing 3rd
did well at WCG, beating MKP and getting out of the group
at both NASL, first placing as the highest foreigner, second one going to the playoffs

Yet it's hard to acknowledge that it does achieve above-average results.
This sounds very weird to me. what is average results? and what is above-average results? Sounds to me like not very extraordinary.

Moreover, my paragraph was plenty positive about DF.

the only really positive thing i can find is that he is funny.

Did you read the part where I said he was the second best known in the group

yes i did, that's more a fact than a positive statement

that he was the second most likely to advance?
Your prediction was 0:3 so sorry that i don't buy that...

Or did you not read the paragraph at all? O_o

i actually did, but it seems you did not read my post on page 1.

I recognize that DF wins a lot of games, but I personally (I think it's abundantly clear that my opinion there was a personal value judgement) think his style is dull, and that he doesn't have the massive upside I see in players like Illusion. I tend to sometimes overvalue a player's potential at the cost of their current form, but I'll stand by my analysis here any day.


I just don't think its the right place to criticize a player. I don't mind if you post it somewhere else but not in the presentation of a player. But that's just my opinion maybe i am the only one who is bothered by that.

the prediction is fine fore me. even so a lot of people might disagree thats your good right to say so.
(But if you make such a ballsy prediction you should not be surprised if other people have a different opinion. even so here were quite some unfair flames about it tbh)

EDIT: Beastyqt Illusion showmatch?
i would have to bet on beasty so. :D
Cj hero | Zest
Timmeh_Anderson
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany37 Posts
February 08 2012 21:08 GMT
#100
i would make my bets on beasty too.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko433
ProTech121
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41799
Bisu 1537
Horang2 1026
Hyuk 368
BeSt 330
EffOrt 312
Mini 290
Soma 282
Light 265
Larva 192
[ Show more ]
ZerO 131
Rush 109
Leta 102
Snow 101
Mong 95
Barracks 87
Pusan 59
Sea.KH 58
ToSsGirL 43
JYJ 37
Shinee 30
NaDa 30
Mind 30
Aegong 28
Yoon 24
Sexy 23
Bale 21
sorry 20
zelot 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Noble 11
JulyZerg 9
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc1489
XaKoH 381
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1520
Khaldor1168
Other Games
gofns33438
singsing2275
olofmeister1349
B2W.Neo343
hiko197
Livibee188
Mew2King78
ArmadaUGS45
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream226
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH177
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 11
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
34m
OSC
9h 34m
CranKy Ducklings
21h 34m
Online Event
22h 34m
FEL
1d 3h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.