• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:26
CEST 14:26
KST 21:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8699 users

IEM Sao Paulo, Day One - Victory Road - Page 3

Forum Index > News
109 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Pocky52
Profile Joined November 2011
United States463 Posts
February 08 2012 03:39 GMT
#41
I think Supernova will win, but I hope Ret will ^_^ would like too see more of Illusion, so hopefully he will advance too
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
February 08 2012 03:43 GMT
#42
I don't cheer many protosses, but I'm pulling for Feast.
kittensrcute
Profile Joined August 2010
United States617 Posts
February 08 2012 03:43 GMT
#43
On February 08 2012 10:36 OrbitalPlane wrote:
Great research on Darkforce mr author, there is a wiki called liquipedia... http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/DarKFoRcE
I guess placing ro8 in NASL is his best result by far. Way better than beating several of the best foreigners and best koreans out there on GeForce tournament and placing 3rd. I am also convinced that at the WCG in Busan his win against MarinKing was an above-average results too. But i guess every above average diamond player can do that...

Also good to learn something new with every article. I did not know that it is his second major tournament in the western hemisphere. I guess DreamHack and Assembly does not count in the american scene.

I really hope next time there is someone less bias writing the article who values the above-average results of one of the best foreigner Zerg players...


They are above average results and so that's why he said he gets above average results.
Corsica
Profile Joined February 2011
Ukraine1854 Posts
February 08 2012 03:52 GMT
#44
On February 08 2012 10:36 OrbitalPlane wrote:
Great research on Darkforce mr author, there is a wiki called liquipedia... http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/DarKFoRcE
I guess placing ro8 in NASL is his best result by far. Way better than beating several of the best foreigners and best koreans out there on GeForce tournament and placing 3rd. I am also convinced that at the WCG in Busan his win against MarinKing was an above-average results too. But i guess every above average diamond player can do that...

Also good to learn something new with every article. I did not know that it is his second major tournament in the western hemisphere. I guess DreamHack and Assembly does not count in the american scene.

I really hope next time there is someone less bias writing the article who values the above-average results of one of the best foreigner Zerg players...




I got used to NA writers to forget about EU players and be biased as fuck about such players as Illusion who havent been to any not NA Lans... thats something you have to get used to living here at TL...

On topic: Never underestimate DarkForce...people call him DarkHorse for a reason...When he is on top of his game he can kill Koreans...

Pred: Supernova 3-0
Darkforce 2-1
Illusion 1-2
Killer 0-3
Melo.
Profile Joined August 2011
United States63 Posts
February 08 2012 04:03 GMT
#45
So according to Grubby, Fenix isn't gonna make it to IEM.....Visa issues
TheRealNanMan
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1471 Posts
February 08 2012 05:00 GMT
#46
I'm really excited to see how Illusion does, I've been familiar with his play since he won his first DC LAN back in the summer. I know he has a really good chance of making it out of the group!
Sc2 Caster | Host of Sc2 Up & Coming | The Godfather of Team LXG | Sc2 Historian | Youtube.com/NanMan | Twitch.tv/TheRealNanMan | Twitter.com/TheRealNanMan |
The_Darkness
Profile Joined December 2011
United States910 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 05:29:06
February 08 2012 05:28 GMT
#47
I think Darkforce will advance out of his group and is being underrated. He's better than Killer, has generally performed at a much higher level than Illusion and is capable of taking a game off Supernova.

As the commenter pointed out above he took third in the GeForce tournament which had an insanely competitive field. He may not be the best European but he's in the top tier and that's enough for me to favor him against Feast and Illusion (in spite of the latter's excellent play of late).

Also Supernova's record according to your own database is the worst (marginally) against Zerg and he just lost 3-1 against Leenock. I'm not saying he shouldn't be favored in the tournament, but the write up was hyping him a little too strongly, even though he looked very strong in the first round at the GSL. Otherwise no quibbles.
To be is to be the value of a bound variable.
MVTaylor
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2893 Posts
February 08 2012 05:45 GMT
#48
On February 08 2012 10:41 VirgilSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 10:36 OrbitalPlane wrote:
Great research on Darkforce mr author, there is a wiki called liquipedia... http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/DarKFoRcE
I guess placing ro8 in NASL is his best result by far. Way better than beating several of the best foreigners and best koreans out there on GeForce tournament and placing 3rd. I am also convinced that at the WCG in Busan his win against MarinKing was an above-average results too.

Also good to learn something new with every article. I did not know that it is his second major tournament in the western hemisphere. I guess DreamHack and Assembly does not count in the american scene.

I really hope next time there is someone less bias writing the article who values the above-average results of one of the best foreigner Zerg players...


Dreamhack and Assembly were both in the Eastern Hemisphere

[image loading]



This is BEYOND nit picking. Europe and America are in the Western Hemisphere without doubt. Unless the Cold War of East against West had some severe tectonic movement to agree with the dictionary definition...
@followMVT
ZisforZerg
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States224 Posts
February 08 2012 05:47 GMT
#49
DIMAGA is literally the nicest person to walk to the earth, with WhiteRa ofc.
"I'm too drunk, to taste that chicken."
ZisforZerg
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States224 Posts
February 08 2012 05:49 GMT
#50
On February 08 2012 12:52 Corsica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 10:36 OrbitalPlane wrote:
Great research on Darkforce mr author, there is a wiki called liquipedia... http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/DarKFoRcE
I guess placing ro8 in NASL is his best result by far. Way better than beating several of the best foreigners and best koreans out there on GeForce tournament and placing 3rd. I am also convinced that at the WCG in Busan his win against MarinKing was an above-average results too. But i guess every above average diamond player can do that...

Also good to learn something new with every article. I did not know that it is his second major tournament in the western hemisphere. I guess DreamHack and Assembly does not count in the american scene.

I really hope next time there is someone less bias writing the article who values the above-average results of one of the best foreigner Zerg players...




I got used to NA writers to forget about EU players and be biased as fuck about such players as Illusion who havent been to any not NA Lans... thats something you have to get used to living here at TL...

On topic: Never underestimate DarkForce...people call him DarkHorse for a reason...When he is on top of his game he can kill Koreans...

Pred: Supernova 3-0
Darkforce 2-1
Illusion 1-2
Killer 0-3

please don't start this nonsense, he hasn't posted results in a while, the writers haven't forgotten about him it's simply hard to predict a guy who hasn't played in a while to do well.
"I'm too drunk, to taste that chicken."
devPLEASE
Profile Joined March 2011
Kenya605 Posts
February 08 2012 06:18 GMT
#51
When did Illusion leave oGs and join Vile?
(ノ `Д´)ノ︵┻━┻
MVTaylor
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2893 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 06:25:09
February 08 2012 06:21 GMT
#52
On February 08 2012 14:49 ZisforZerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 12:52 Corsica wrote:
On February 08 2012 10:36 OrbitalPlane wrote:
Great research on Darkforce mr author, there is a wiki called liquipedia... http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/DarKFoRcE
I guess placing ro8 in NASL is his best result by far. Way better than beating several of the best foreigners and best koreans out there on GeForce tournament and placing 3rd. I am also convinced that at the WCG in Busan his win against MarinKing was an above-average results too. But i guess every above average diamond player can do that...

Also good to learn something new with every article. I did not know that it is his second major tournament in the western hemisphere. I guess DreamHack and Assembly does not count in the american scene.

I really hope next time there is someone less bias writing the article who values the above-average results of one of the best foreigner Zerg players...




I got used to NA writers to forget about EU players and be biased as fuck about such players as Illusion who havent been to any not NA Lans... thats something you have to get used to living here at TL...

On topic: Never underestimate DarkForce...people call him DarkHorse for a reason...When he is on top of his game he can kill Koreans...

Pred: Supernova 3-0
Darkforce 2-1
Illusion 1-2
Killer 0-3

please don't start this nonsense, he hasn't posted results in a while, the writers haven't forgotten about him it's simply hard to predict a guy who hasn't played in a while to do well.


Nonsense? Darkforce beat MarineKing at WCG in December and got in to the top 16 at Home Story Cup last month. I forgot how every player in SC2 should only be judged by how they performed last week.

I would like nothing more than the colossal hype train that is illusion to crash to and burn. It's the guys first LAN outside of the US, he's 15 years old and says in an interview he lies IRL when he plays in these tournaments.

Seriously, he's beaten two koreans online in best of 1's where they are playing cross server and then come "second" in an online tournament by beating Poyo, Incontrol, Catz and Destiny. Can we wait until people do something moderately decent in an offline setting before going mental about them, and by moderately decent I don't mean 24th place at an MLG, TriMaster got 16th at MLG Anaheim, where is he now.

On February 08 2012 15:18 devPLEASE wrote:
When did Illusion leave oGs and join Vile?


Same ID, different player.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Illusion_(Korean_player)
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Illusion_(American_player)
@followMVT
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
February 08 2012 06:28 GMT
#53
Supernova is like MMA was in IEM kiev...
NuclearJudas
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
6546 Posts
February 08 2012 07:05 GMT
#54
Supernova is definitely the mega favourite to win, I'd say. Hoping for a Ret win, though.
Life is like Tetris. Your errors pile up but your accomplishments disappear. - Robert Ohlén | http://railroaddiary.wordpress.com/ - My words about stuff.
Ramuh
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany238 Posts
February 08 2012 07:09 GMT
#55
I don't know...Darkforce is pretty good in ZvT...
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
February 08 2012 07:54 GMT
#56
Dunno, I think Illusion is kind of overhyped these days. If you look at his past results, he only has a meager bronze medal in which he went through: destiny and incontrol as most notable players...
Anyways, should Illusion not finish second in the group, I can't promise I won't have a smug smile on my face.
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
February 08 2012 08:07 GMT
#57
is ROTTERDAM going to be casting??? OH SHIT SO EXCITED
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
Asshat
Profile Joined September 2010
593 Posts
February 08 2012 08:18 GMT
#58
On February 08 2012 13:03 Melo. wrote:
So according to Grubby, Fenix isn't gonna make it to IEM.....Visa issues


I find it extremely doubtful that a Peruvian citizen needs a Visa to travel to Brazil.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10959 Posts
February 08 2012 08:20 GMT
#59
The Group A Predictions are really WEIRD...

Aside from Supernova 3-0 which is kinda a given... It's just 100% guessing whiteout any facts or anything behind it except country bias? ^^
I just don't see any "smart" way to "guess" the outcome of this group, if DF brings his best play he should for sure get second... If not this could get messi.
Predicting 0-3 Darkforce is really strange tho...

Or you could go with the "JETLAG!" excuse and say that Supernova will drop 1 serioes and DF get crushed.. Which will make things messi again ^^.
Vaapad
Profile Joined August 2011
Norway171 Posts
February 08 2012 08:35 GMT
#60
gogo snute :D
Duty is heavier than a mountain. Death, lighter than a feather
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko433
ProTech121
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41799
Bisu 1537
Horang2 1026
Hyuk 368
BeSt 330
EffOrt 312
Mini 290
Soma 282
Light 265
Larva 192
[ Show more ]
ZerO 131
Rush 109
Leta 102
Snow 101
Mong 95
Barracks 87
Pusan 59
Sea.KH 58
ToSsGirL 43
JYJ 37
Shinee 30
NaDa 30
Mind 30
Aegong 28
Yoon 24
Sexy 23
Bale 21
sorry 20
zelot 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Noble 11
JulyZerg 9
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc1489
XaKoH 381
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1520
Khaldor1168
Other Games
gofns33438
singsing2275
olofmeister1349
B2W.Neo343
hiko197
Livibee188
Mew2King78
ArmadaUGS45
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream226
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH177
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 11
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
34m
OSC
9h 34m
CranKy Ducklings
21h 34m
Online Event
22h 34m
FEL
1d 3h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.