• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:53
CEST 20:53
KST 03:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7902 users

HomeStory Cup IV - Preview - Page 10

Forum Index > News
265 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 14 Next All
RainDance
Profile Joined February 2011
United States9 Posts
January 05 2012 07:05 GMT
#181
Great line up! Can't wait!
Work hard, play harder.
MrPuff
Profile Joined November 2011
Poland15 Posts
January 05 2012 07:28 GMT
#182
On January 05 2012 14:28 alteredclone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2012 06:57 MrPuff wrote:
I listen to the interview and I just wonder why there were so many questions about alcohol, drinking and any "after party" scandal situations. And the "dating idea" ... Lets convince Take to make a room were they can "do it" and stream this with commentary. Yea that's what community want. Someone watched to much MTv or something... I really hope that Im not the only one who doesnt like that idea.

Even though Take himself agreed that HSC is something like "Big Brother" this show should not be about how wasted was some player next day or something like that. I really do not like the hype about how much alcohol the players will drink there, I dont care how much bear and vodka will be bought for HSC when 15k viewers will be reached as mention by Mr.Bitter or Rotti on US qualifiers for HSC played on esl.tv . A really do not like the alcohol and sex issues connected to esport as a whole, like for example the "lap dance" stream by Take some long time ago or even the SotG 60 with inControl drinking quite a lot wine at once and open another bottle. Sorry but that was impressive to whom ... some 14-years old maybe (I know there a lot of you, 14-years old sc2 fans out there, and I know that you did much worse things than this, but still ... ).

But back to topic. I have three levels of spending time with friends: hanging with friends (little to nothing alcohol), party (sure amounts of alcohol) and party hard (no comments on that one). I consider the HSC as a tournament right between level 1 and 2, all thought it may be a little bit more for some, but it would be wrong if such information spread. And so in my opinion every question about who was drunk, who puke, etc. are dropping the TL staff member who do that to a "News of the World" tabloid journalist level looking for something "interesting", while TL as a whole is as Times/Forbes of sc2 scene (and esport in general).


If you're not interested..don't watch it. There are plenty of other tournaments where players just play and somebody wins and then everybody leaves.Take will run it how he wants to. Plenty of people drink and enjoy drinking at all ages. If you're looking for a bible study between matches start your own tournament.


Im not against drinking. The whole concept of HSC is to show players relaxed and such. And if they want drink they should, if they want drink a lot they have the right to do it. Im against concentrating on this. Im against making amounts of alcohol drank there by this player or that player the big news.
BBT: "That's right! You saw what you saw! That's how we roll in the Shire!"
NexCa
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany954 Posts
January 05 2012 07:50 GMT
#183
Omg, can't wait for MC to cast again, that will be one of the best moments ever ! :D

i hope HerO takes that Tournament !!!
Best Protoss Player 4 ever - Bisu[Shield] || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=326242 || THIS IS WHERE WE STAND, THIS IS WHERE THEY FALL, GIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING ! || SKT FIGHTIIING
TearsOfTheSun
Profile Joined March 2006
Canada995 Posts
January 05 2012 07:52 GMT
#184
so stoked!!
Dixer_ca^^ | Polt | Byun | MKP | DRG | White-Ra | Beastyqt | Maru | Creator
tredogz
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada170 Posts
January 05 2012 08:00 GMT
#185
Great Interview.. I think a MUST listen. Great points about the industry, I have been thinking this way for a while. The players are the stars! I love Husky because he in really interested in the games.. but he makes the players the STARS and really promotes them for me. I love players that have big personalities. Like Idra and Destiny and Morrow... just everyone, if we get to know them more. It is them we get to watch and follow. For eSports we all need to get behind the players. They are the key to the success of growing eSports... along with view ability of the games themselves. As these things improve eSports is unstoppable.
t to the redogz, tredogz
rotegirte
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany2859 Posts
January 05 2012 08:12 GMT
#186
On January 05 2012 16:28 MrPuff wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2012 14:28 alteredclone wrote:
On January 05 2012 06:57 MrPuff wrote:
I listen to the interview and I just wonder why there were so many questions about alcohol, drinking and any "after party" scandal situations. And the "dating idea" ... Lets convince Take to make a room were they can "do it" and stream this with commentary. Yea that's what community want. Someone watched to much MTv or something... I really hope that Im not the only one who doesnt like that idea.

Even though Take himself agreed that HSC is something like "Big Brother" this show should not be about how wasted was some player next day or something like that. I really do not like the hype about how much alcohol the players will drink there, I dont care how much bear and vodka will be bought for HSC when 15k viewers will be reached as mention by Mr.Bitter or Rotti on US qualifiers for HSC played on esl.tv . A really do not like the alcohol and sex issues connected to esport as a whole, like for example the "lap dance" stream by Take some long time ago or even the SotG 60 with inControl drinking quite a lot wine at once and open another bottle. Sorry but that was impressive to whom ... some 14-years old maybe (I know there a lot of you, 14-years old sc2 fans out there, and I know that you did much worse things than this, but still ... ).

But back to topic. I have three levels of spending time with friends: hanging with friends (little to nothing alcohol), party (sure amounts of alcohol) and party hard (no comments on that one). I consider the HSC as a tournament right between level 1 and 2, all thought it may be a little bit more for some, but it would be wrong if such information spread. And so in my opinion every question about who was drunk, who puke, etc. are dropping the TL staff member who do that to a "News of the World" tabloid journalist level looking for something "interesting", while TL as a whole is as Times/Forbes of sc2 scene (and esport in general).


If you're not interested..don't watch it. There are plenty of other tournaments where players just play and somebody wins and then everybody leaves.Take will run it how he wants to. Plenty of people drink and enjoy drinking at all ages. If you're looking for a bible study between matches start your own tournament.


Im not against drinking. The whole concept of HSC is to show players relaxed and such. And if they want drink they should, if they want drink a lot they have the right to do it. Im against concentrating on this. Im against making amounts of alcohol drank there by this player or that player the big news.


Did you watch past HSC's? Where was the "concentration on alcohol"!? All I know is they showed a lot of games. You're quite successful in taking the fun out of everything, blowing a non-existent issue out of proportion. The first hint is that Hot_bid threw in the couple of extra questions. Second, don't act like since beta it all has been about sex & drugs. Sotg has one drunk episode in a year. Big deal!
Shika
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Sweden1711 Posts
January 05 2012 08:53 GMT
#187
Very nice. I haven't watched or played any starcraft 2 since dreamhack winter because I needed a break from it. I wont miss this however, this is probably the most fun tournament out there.
MrPuff
Profile Joined November 2011
Poland15 Posts
January 05 2012 09:03 GMT
#188
On January 05 2012 17:12 rotegirte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2012 16:28 MrPuff wrote:
On January 05 2012 14:28 alteredclone wrote:
On January 05 2012 06:57 MrPuff wrote:
I listen to the interview and I just wonder why there were so many questions about alcohol, drinking and any "after party" scandal situations. And the "dating idea" ... Lets convince Take to make a room were they can "do it" and stream this with commentary. Yea that's what community want. Someone watched to much MTv or something... I really hope that Im not the only one who doesnt like that idea.

Even though Take himself agreed that HSC is something like "Big Brother" this show should not be about how wasted was some player next day or something like that. I really do not like the hype about how much alcohol the players will drink there, I dont care how much bear and vodka will be bought for HSC when 15k viewers will be reached as mention by Mr.Bitter or Rotti on US qualifiers for HSC played on esl.tv . A really do not like the alcohol and sex issues connected to esport as a whole, like for example the "lap dance" stream by Take some long time ago or even the SotG 60 with inControl drinking quite a lot wine at once and open another bottle. Sorry but that was impressive to whom ... some 14-years old maybe (I know there a lot of you, 14-years old sc2 fans out there, and I know that you did much worse things than this, but still ... ).

But back to topic. I have three levels of spending time with friends: hanging with friends (little to nothing alcohol), party (sure amounts of alcohol) and party hard (no comments on that one). I consider the HSC as a tournament right between level 1 and 2, all thought it may be a little bit more for some, but it would be wrong if such information spread. And so in my opinion every question about who was drunk, who puke, etc. are dropping the TL staff member who do that to a "News of the World" tabloid journalist level looking for something "interesting", while TL as a whole is as Times/Forbes of sc2 scene (and esport in general).


If you're not interested..don't watch it. There are plenty of other tournaments where players just play and somebody wins and then everybody leaves.Take will run it how he wants to. Plenty of people drink and enjoy drinking at all ages. If you're looking for a bible study between matches start your own tournament.


Im not against drinking. The whole concept of HSC is to show players relaxed and such. And if they want drink they should, if they want drink a lot they have the right to do it. Im against concentrating on this. Im against making amounts of alcohol drank there by this player or that player the big news.


Did you watch past HSC's? Where was the "concentration on alcohol"!? All I know is they showed a lot of games. You're quite successful in taking the fun out of everything, blowing a non-existent issue out of proportion. The first hint is that Hot_bid threw in the couple of extra questions. Second, don't act like since beta it all has been about sex & drugs. Sotg has one drunk episode in a year. Big deal!


Please read my comments carefully. Im full of respect for Take for what he did and how he did it. I watched almost whole HSC 3. My comments are about asking Take about controversial stuff from "behind the scenes" like, who was drunk, who was wasted, etc. This is wrong in my opinion.

As for SotG, maybe it was one episode, and to be honest drinking, chatting and answering community questions its great as long as you do it "with head". Drinking as "show off", "to be cool", "to prove someone that he is really drinking", etc. it not what I want to see. This is not what I want hear about. I consider all the esport stars as a role models and I expect they should try to act as ones. Or at least do not give bad example and that what iNcontroL did (not the drinking but the show off part) was bad example in my opinion.
BBT: "That's right! You saw what you saw! That's how we roll in the Shire!"
aTnClouD
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Italy2428 Posts
January 05 2012 09:20 GMT
#189
On January 05 2012 18:03 MrPuff wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2012 17:12 rotegirte wrote:
On January 05 2012 16:28 MrPuff wrote:
On January 05 2012 14:28 alteredclone wrote:
On January 05 2012 06:57 MrPuff wrote:
I listen to the interview and I just wonder why there were so many questions about alcohol, drinking and any "after party" scandal situations. And the "dating idea" ... Lets convince Take to make a room were they can "do it" and stream this with commentary. Yea that's what community want. Someone watched to much MTv or something... I really hope that Im not the only one who doesnt like that idea.

Even though Take himself agreed that HSC is something like "Big Brother" this show should not be about how wasted was some player next day or something like that. I really do not like the hype about how much alcohol the players will drink there, I dont care how much bear and vodka will be bought for HSC when 15k viewers will be reached as mention by Mr.Bitter or Rotti on US qualifiers for HSC played on esl.tv . A really do not like the alcohol and sex issues connected to esport as a whole, like for example the "lap dance" stream by Take some long time ago or even the SotG 60 with inControl drinking quite a lot wine at once and open another bottle. Sorry but that was impressive to whom ... some 14-years old maybe (I know there a lot of you, 14-years old sc2 fans out there, and I know that you did much worse things than this, but still ... ).

But back to topic. I have three levels of spending time with friends: hanging with friends (little to nothing alcohol), party (sure amounts of alcohol) and party hard (no comments on that one). I consider the HSC as a tournament right between level 1 and 2, all thought it may be a little bit more for some, but it would be wrong if such information spread. And so in my opinion every question about who was drunk, who puke, etc. are dropping the TL staff member who do that to a "News of the World" tabloid journalist level looking for something "interesting", while TL as a whole is as Times/Forbes of sc2 scene (and esport in general).


If you're not interested..don't watch it. There are plenty of other tournaments where players just play and somebody wins and then everybody leaves.Take will run it how he wants to. Plenty of people drink and enjoy drinking at all ages. If you're looking for a bible study between matches start your own tournament.


Im not against drinking. The whole concept of HSC is to show players relaxed and such. And if they want drink they should, if they want drink a lot they have the right to do it. Im against concentrating on this. Im against making amounts of alcohol drank there by this player or that player the big news.


Did you watch past HSC's? Where was the "concentration on alcohol"!? All I know is they showed a lot of games. You're quite successful in taking the fun out of everything, blowing a non-existent issue out of proportion. The first hint is that Hot_bid threw in the couple of extra questions. Second, don't act like since beta it all has been about sex & drugs. Sotg has one drunk episode in a year. Big deal!


Please read my comments carefully. Im full of respect for Take for what he did and how he did it. I watched almost whole HSC 3. My comments are about asking Take about controversial stuff from "behind the scenes" like, who was drunk, who was wasted, etc. This is wrong in my opinion.

As for SotG, maybe it was one episode, and to be honest drinking, chatting and answering community questions its great as long as you do it "with head". Drinking as "show off", "to be cool", "to prove someone that he is really drinking", etc. it not what I want to see. This is not what I want hear about. I consider all the esport stars as a role models and I expect they should try to act as ones. Or at least do not give bad example and that what iNcontroL did (not the drinking but the show off part) was bad example in my opinion.

progamers are not role models and they dont have any obligation to act as ones. if you are disturbed by it you can just not watch instead of randomly complaining and blowing things out of proportion for the sake of attention whoring.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/hunter692007/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif
GeorgeyBeats
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom338 Posts
January 05 2012 09:26 GMT
#190
Very nice post! I am soooo excited about this, it was amazing last year! im sure take will manage to improve it again.
How many bears could bear grylls grill if bear grylls coud grill bears?
MrPuff
Profile Joined November 2011
Poland15 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 09:38:45
January 05 2012 09:37 GMT
#191
On January 05 2012 18:20 aTnClouD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2012 18:03 MrPuff wrote:
On January 05 2012 17:12 rotegirte wrote:
On January 05 2012 16:28 MrPuff wrote:
On January 05 2012 14:28 alteredclone wrote:
On January 05 2012 06:57 MrPuff wrote:
I listen to the interview and I just wonder why there were so many questions about alcohol, drinking and any "after party" scandal situations. And the "dating idea" ... Lets convince Take to make a room were they can "do it" and stream this with commentary. Yea that's what community want. Someone watched to much MTv or something... I really hope that Im not the only one who doesnt like that idea.

Even though Take himself agreed that HSC is something like "Big Brother" this show should not be about how wasted was some player next day or something like that. I really do not like the hype about how much alcohol the players will drink there, I dont care how much bear and vodka will be bought for HSC when 15k viewers will be reached as mention by Mr.Bitter or Rotti on US qualifiers for HSC played on esl.tv . A really do not like the alcohol and sex issues connected to esport as a whole, like for example the "lap dance" stream by Take some long time ago or even the SotG 60 with inControl drinking quite a lot wine at once and open another bottle. Sorry but that was impressive to whom ... some 14-years old maybe (I know there a lot of you, 14-years old sc2 fans out there, and I know that you did much worse things than this, but still ... ).

But back to topic. I have three levels of spending time with friends: hanging with friends (little to nothing alcohol), party (sure amounts of alcohol) and party hard (no comments on that one). I consider the HSC as a tournament right between level 1 and 2, all thought it may be a little bit more for some, but it would be wrong if such information spread. And so in my opinion every question about who was drunk, who puke, etc. are dropping the TL staff member who do that to a "News of the World" tabloid journalist level looking for something "interesting", while TL as a whole is as Times/Forbes of sc2 scene (and esport in general).


If you're not interested..don't watch it. There are plenty of other tournaments where players just play and somebody wins and then everybody leaves.Take will run it how he wants to. Plenty of people drink and enjoy drinking at all ages. If you're looking for a bible study between matches start your own tournament.


Im not against drinking. The whole concept of HSC is to show players relaxed and such. And if they want drink they should, if they want drink a lot they have the right to do it. Im against concentrating on this. Im against making amounts of alcohol drank there by this player or that player the big news.


Did you watch past HSC's? Where was the "concentration on alcohol"!? All I know is they showed a lot of games. You're quite successful in taking the fun out of everything, blowing a non-existent issue out of proportion. The first hint is that Hot_bid threw in the couple of extra questions. Second, don't act like since beta it all has been about sex & drugs. Sotg has one drunk episode in a year. Big deal!


Please read my comments carefully. Im full of respect for Take for what he did and how he did it. I watched almost whole HSC 3. My comments are about asking Take about controversial stuff from "behind the scenes" like, who was drunk, who was wasted, etc. This is wrong in my opinion.

As for SotG, maybe it was one episode, and to be honest drinking, chatting and answering community questions its great as long as you do it "with head". Drinking as "show off", "to be cool", "to prove someone that he is really drinking", etc. it not what I want to see. This is not what I want hear about. I consider all the esport stars as a role models and I expect they should try to act as ones. Or at least do not give bad example and that what iNcontroL did (not the drinking but the show off part) was bad example in my opinion.

progamers are not role models and they dont have any obligation to act as ones. if you are disturbed by it you can just not watch instead of randomly complaining and blowing things out of proportion for the sake of attention whoring.


But they could be ...

Of course it blown out of proportion. Im do not imply that all players will get drunk and such. I know that they wont. I simply do not want HSC to be consider as tournament where alcohol plays the main part and is the main attention magnet for community (which I know is not ... at least not yet).

BBT: "That's right! You saw what you saw! That's how we roll in the Shire!"
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
January 05 2012 09:50 GMT
#192
On January 05 2012 18:37 MrPuff wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2012 18:20 aTnClouD wrote:
On January 05 2012 18:03 MrPuff wrote:
On January 05 2012 17:12 rotegirte wrote:
On January 05 2012 16:28 MrPuff wrote:
On January 05 2012 14:28 alteredclone wrote:
On January 05 2012 06:57 MrPuff wrote:
I listen to the interview and I just wonder why there were so many questions about alcohol, drinking and any "after party" scandal situations. And the "dating idea" ... Lets convince Take to make a room were they can "do it" and stream this with commentary. Yea that's what community want. Someone watched to much MTv or something... I really hope that Im not the only one who doesnt like that idea.

Even though Take himself agreed that HSC is something like "Big Brother" this show should not be about how wasted was some player next day or something like that. I really do not like the hype about how much alcohol the players will drink there, I dont care how much bear and vodka will be bought for HSC when 15k viewers will be reached as mention by Mr.Bitter or Rotti on US qualifiers for HSC played on esl.tv . A really do not like the alcohol and sex issues connected to esport as a whole, like for example the "lap dance" stream by Take some long time ago or even the SotG 60 with inControl drinking quite a lot wine at once and open another bottle. Sorry but that was impressive to whom ... some 14-years old maybe (I know there a lot of you, 14-years old sc2 fans out there, and I know that you did much worse things than this, but still ... ).

But back to topic. I have three levels of spending time with friends: hanging with friends (little to nothing alcohol), party (sure amounts of alcohol) and party hard (no comments on that one). I consider the HSC as a tournament right between level 1 and 2, all thought it may be a little bit more for some, but it would be wrong if such information spread. And so in my opinion every question about who was drunk, who puke, etc. are dropping the TL staff member who do that to a "News of the World" tabloid journalist level looking for something "interesting", while TL as a whole is as Times/Forbes of sc2 scene (and esport in general).


If you're not interested..don't watch it. There are plenty of other tournaments where players just play and somebody wins and then everybody leaves.Take will run it how he wants to. Plenty of people drink and enjoy drinking at all ages. If you're looking for a bible study between matches start your own tournament.


Im not against drinking. The whole concept of HSC is to show players relaxed and such. And if they want drink they should, if they want drink a lot they have the right to do it. Im against concentrating on this. Im against making amounts of alcohol drank there by this player or that player the big news.


Did you watch past HSC's? Where was the "concentration on alcohol"!? All I know is they showed a lot of games. You're quite successful in taking the fun out of everything, blowing a non-existent issue out of proportion. The first hint is that Hot_bid threw in the couple of extra questions. Second, don't act like since beta it all has been about sex & drugs. Sotg has one drunk episode in a year. Big deal!


Please read my comments carefully. Im full of respect for Take for what he did and how he did it. I watched almost whole HSC 3. My comments are about asking Take about controversial stuff from "behind the scenes" like, who was drunk, who was wasted, etc. This is wrong in my opinion.

As for SotG, maybe it was one episode, and to be honest drinking, chatting and answering community questions its great as long as you do it "with head". Drinking as "show off", "to be cool", "to prove someone that he is really drinking", etc. it not what I want to see. This is not what I want hear about. I consider all the esport stars as a role models and I expect they should try to act as ones. Or at least do not give bad example and that what iNcontroL did (not the drinking but the show off part) was bad example in my opinion.

progamers are not role models and they dont have any obligation to act as ones. if you are disturbed by it you can just not watch instead of randomly complaining and blowing things out of proportion for the sake of attention whoring.


But they could be ...

Of course it blown out of proportion. Im do not imply that all players will get drunk and such. I know that they wont. I simply do not want HSC to be consider as tournament where alcohol plays the main part and is the main attention magnet for community (which I know is not ... at least not yet).



You couldn't be more paranoid wow.
MrPuff
Profile Joined November 2011
Poland15 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 09:55:46
January 05 2012 09:55 GMT
#193
On January 05 2012 18:50 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2012 18:37 MrPuff wrote:
On January 05 2012 18:20 aTnClouD wrote:
On January 05 2012 18:03 MrPuff wrote:
On January 05 2012 17:12 rotegirte wrote:
On January 05 2012 16:28 MrPuff wrote:
On January 05 2012 14:28 alteredclone wrote:
On January 05 2012 06:57 MrPuff wrote:
I listen to the interview and I just wonder why there were so many questions about alcohol, drinking and any "after party" scandal situations. And the "dating idea" ... Lets convince Take to make a room were they can "do it" and stream this with commentary. Yea that's what community want. Someone watched to much MTv or something... I really hope that Im not the only one who doesnt like that idea.

Even though Take himself agreed that HSC is something like "Big Brother" this show should not be about how wasted was some player next day or something like that. I really do not like the hype about how much alcohol the players will drink there, I dont care how much bear and vodka will be bought for HSC when 15k viewers will be reached as mention by Mr.Bitter or Rotti on US qualifiers for HSC played on esl.tv . A really do not like the alcohol and sex issues connected to esport as a whole, like for example the "lap dance" stream by Take some long time ago or even the SotG 60 with inControl drinking quite a lot wine at once and open another bottle. Sorry but that was impressive to whom ... some 14-years old maybe (I know there a lot of you, 14-years old sc2 fans out there, and I know that you did much worse things than this, but still ... ).

But back to topic. I have three levels of spending time with friends: hanging with friends (little to nothing alcohol), party (sure amounts of alcohol) and party hard (no comments on that one). I consider the HSC as a tournament right between level 1 and 2, all thought it may be a little bit more for some, but it would be wrong if such information spread. And so in my opinion every question about who was drunk, who puke, etc. are dropping the TL staff member who do that to a "News of the World" tabloid journalist level looking for something "interesting", while TL as a whole is as Times/Forbes of sc2 scene (and esport in general).


If you're not interested..don't watch it. There are plenty of other tournaments where players just play and somebody wins and then everybody leaves.Take will run it how he wants to. Plenty of people drink and enjoy drinking at all ages. If you're looking for a bible study between matches start your own tournament.


Im not against drinking. The whole concept of HSC is to show players relaxed and such. And if they want drink they should, if they want drink a lot they have the right to do it. Im against concentrating on this. Im against making amounts of alcohol drank there by this player or that player the big news.


Did you watch past HSC's? Where was the "concentration on alcohol"!? All I know is they showed a lot of games. You're quite successful in taking the fun out of everything, blowing a non-existent issue out of proportion. The first hint is that Hot_bid threw in the couple of extra questions. Second, don't act like since beta it all has been about sex & drugs. Sotg has one drunk episode in a year. Big deal!


Please read my comments carefully. Im full of respect for Take for what he did and how he did it. I watched almost whole HSC 3. My comments are about asking Take about controversial stuff from "behind the scenes" like, who was drunk, who was wasted, etc. This is wrong in my opinion.

As for SotG, maybe it was one episode, and to be honest drinking, chatting and answering community questions its great as long as you do it "with head". Drinking as "show off", "to be cool", "to prove someone that he is really drinking", etc. it not what I want to see. This is not what I want hear about. I consider all the esport stars as a role models and I expect they should try to act as ones. Or at least do not give bad example and that what iNcontroL did (not the drinking but the show off part) was bad example in my opinion.

progamers are not role models and they dont have any obligation to act as ones. if you are disturbed by it you can just not watch instead of randomly complaining and blowing things out of proportion for the sake of attention whoring.


But they could be ...

Of course it blown out of proportion. Im do not imply that all players will get drunk and such. I know that they wont. I simply do not want HSC to be consider as tournament where alcohol plays the main part and is the main attention magnet for community (which I know is not ... at least not yet).



You couldn't be more paranoid wow.


Well I could but I took my medicine today.
BBT: "That's right! You saw what you saw! That's how we roll in the Shire!"
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
January 05 2012 09:57 GMT
#194
It's all a conspiracy..

Heineken and Absolute Wodka try to overtake Homestory cup first and everything else ESPORTS after!
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 10:02:25
January 05 2012 10:01 GMT
#195
On January 05 2012 18:20 aTnClouD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2012 18:03 MrPuff wrote:
On January 05 2012 17:12 rotegirte wrote:
On January 05 2012 16:28 MrPuff wrote:
On January 05 2012 14:28 alteredclone wrote:
On January 05 2012 06:57 MrPuff wrote:
I listen to the interview and I just wonder why there were so many questions about alcohol, drinking and any "after party" scandal situations. And the "dating idea" ... Lets convince Take to make a room were they can "do it" and stream this with commentary. Yea that's what community want. Someone watched to much MTv or something... I really hope that Im not the only one who doesnt like that idea.

Even though Take himself agreed that HSC is something like "Big Brother" this show should not be about how wasted was some player next day or something like that. I really do not like the hype about how much alcohol the players will drink there, I dont care how much bear and vodka will be bought for HSC when 15k viewers will be reached as mention by Mr.Bitter or Rotti on US qualifiers for HSC played on esl.tv . A really do not like the alcohol and sex issues connected to esport as a whole, like for example the "lap dance" stream by Take some long time ago or even the SotG 60 with inControl drinking quite a lot wine at once and open another bottle. Sorry but that was impressive to whom ... some 14-years old maybe (I know there a lot of you, 14-years old sc2 fans out there, and I know that you did much worse things than this, but still ... ).

But back to topic. I have three levels of spending time with friends: hanging with friends (little to nothing alcohol), party (sure amounts of alcohol) and party hard (no comments on that one). I consider the HSC as a tournament right between level 1 and 2, all thought it may be a little bit more for some, but it would be wrong if such information spread. And so in my opinion every question about who was drunk, who puke, etc. are dropping the TL staff member who do that to a "News of the World" tabloid journalist level looking for something "interesting", while TL as a whole is as Times/Forbes of sc2 scene (and esport in general).


If you're not interested..don't watch it. There are plenty of other tournaments where players just play and somebody wins and then everybody leaves.Take will run it how he wants to. Plenty of people drink and enjoy drinking at all ages. If you're looking for a bible study between matches start your own tournament.


Im not against drinking. The whole concept of HSC is to show players relaxed and such. And if they want drink they should, if they want drink a lot they have the right to do it. Im against concentrating on this. Im against making amounts of alcohol drank there by this player or that player the big news.


Did you watch past HSC's? Where was the "concentration on alcohol"!? All I know is they showed a lot of games. You're quite successful in taking the fun out of everything, blowing a non-existent issue out of proportion. The first hint is that Hot_bid threw in the couple of extra questions. Second, don't act like since beta it all has been about sex & drugs. Sotg has one drunk episode in a year. Big deal!


Please read my comments carefully. Im full of respect for Take for what he did and how he did it. I watched almost whole HSC 3. My comments are about asking Take about controversial stuff from "behind the scenes" like, who was drunk, who was wasted, etc. This is wrong in my opinion.

As for SotG, maybe it was one episode, and to be honest drinking, chatting and answering community questions its great as long as you do it "with head". Drinking as "show off", "to be cool", "to prove someone that he is really drinking", etc. it not what I want to see. This is not what I want hear about. I consider all the esport stars as a role models and I expect they should try to act as ones. Or at least do not give bad example and that what iNcontroL did (not the drinking but the show off part) was bad example in my opinion.

progamers are not role models and they dont have any obligation to act as ones. if you are disturbed by it you can just not watch instead of randomly complaining and blowing things out of proportion for the sake of attention whoring.

Progamers have a ton of young fans who idolize them, so how are progamers not role models exactly?

A role model doesn't always act like it, but that's not the criteria of the definition however.

That said, there should be nothing wrong with relaxing with a bit of alcohol.
Administrator
aTnClouD
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Italy2428 Posts
January 05 2012 10:31 GMT
#196
On January 05 2012 19:01 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2012 18:20 aTnClouD wrote:
On January 05 2012 18:03 MrPuff wrote:
On January 05 2012 17:12 rotegirte wrote:
On January 05 2012 16:28 MrPuff wrote:
On January 05 2012 14:28 alteredclone wrote:
On January 05 2012 06:57 MrPuff wrote:
I listen to the interview and I just wonder why there were so many questions about alcohol, drinking and any "after party" scandal situations. And the "dating idea" ... Lets convince Take to make a room were they can "do it" and stream this with commentary. Yea that's what community want. Someone watched to much MTv or something... I really hope that Im not the only one who doesnt like that idea.

Even though Take himself agreed that HSC is something like "Big Brother" this show should not be about how wasted was some player next day or something like that. I really do not like the hype about how much alcohol the players will drink there, I dont care how much bear and vodka will be bought for HSC when 15k viewers will be reached as mention by Mr.Bitter or Rotti on US qualifiers for HSC played on esl.tv . A really do not like the alcohol and sex issues connected to esport as a whole, like for example the "lap dance" stream by Take some long time ago or even the SotG 60 with inControl drinking quite a lot wine at once and open another bottle. Sorry but that was impressive to whom ... some 14-years old maybe (I know there a lot of you, 14-years old sc2 fans out there, and I know that you did much worse things than this, but still ... ).

But back to topic. I have three levels of spending time with friends: hanging with friends (little to nothing alcohol), party (sure amounts of alcohol) and party hard (no comments on that one). I consider the HSC as a tournament right between level 1 and 2, all thought it may be a little bit more for some, but it would be wrong if such information spread. And so in my opinion every question about who was drunk, who puke, etc. are dropping the TL staff member who do that to a "News of the World" tabloid journalist level looking for something "interesting", while TL as a whole is as Times/Forbes of sc2 scene (and esport in general).


If you're not interested..don't watch it. There are plenty of other tournaments where players just play and somebody wins and then everybody leaves.Take will run it how he wants to. Plenty of people drink and enjoy drinking at all ages. If you're looking for a bible study between matches start your own tournament.


Im not against drinking. The whole concept of HSC is to show players relaxed and such. And if they want drink they should, if they want drink a lot they have the right to do it. Im against concentrating on this. Im against making amounts of alcohol drank there by this player or that player the big news.


Did you watch past HSC's? Where was the "concentration on alcohol"!? All I know is they showed a lot of games. You're quite successful in taking the fun out of everything, blowing a non-existent issue out of proportion. The first hint is that Hot_bid threw in the couple of extra questions. Second, don't act like since beta it all has been about sex & drugs. Sotg has one drunk episode in a year. Big deal!


Please read my comments carefully. Im full of respect for Take for what he did and how he did it. I watched almost whole HSC 3. My comments are about asking Take about controversial stuff from "behind the scenes" like, who was drunk, who was wasted, etc. This is wrong in my opinion.

As for SotG, maybe it was one episode, and to be honest drinking, chatting and answering community questions its great as long as you do it "with head". Drinking as "show off", "to be cool", "to prove someone that he is really drinking", etc. it not what I want to see. This is not what I want hear about. I consider all the esport stars as a role models and I expect they should try to act as ones. Or at least do not give bad example and that what iNcontroL did (not the drinking but the show off part) was bad example in my opinion.

progamers are not role models and they dont have any obligation to act as ones. if you are disturbed by it you can just not watch instead of randomly complaining and blowing things out of proportion for the sake of attention whoring.

Progamers have a ton of young fans who idolize them, so how are progamers not role models exactly?

A role model doesn't always act like it, but that's not the criteria of the definition however.

That said, there should be nothing wrong with relaxing with a bit of alcohol.

since it was a direct answer to that guy my point was not saying progamers don't fit in the criteria of the definition of role model, rather about the fact they don't have any obligation to act as a perfect and clean role model, like a politician should. being a progamer is not a job that carries that much responsibility and we are still supposed to have fun as most young people would.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/hunter692007/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif
imbecile
Profile Joined October 2009
563 Posts
January 05 2012 10:46 GMT
#197
Those Koreans are really into their pork bellies with garlic, kimchi and rice wrapped in lettuce, eaten with chilli paste.

Maybe Take can get his cook to to serve them the German counterpart: sauerkraut, diced apples, garlic and onions wrapped in pork bellies with mustard.
DrBeansy
Profile Joined April 2011
England85 Posts
January 05 2012 10:54 GMT
#198
is there a low quality stream for homestory? im being silly and cant find it
Bart331
Profile Joined July 2010
59 Posts
January 05 2012 10:55 GMT
#199
same question here, any chance of watching any of these matches?
Tuete
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany144 Posts
January 05 2012 10:57 GMT
#200
There will be a low quality free stream, but since the tournament hasnt started yet you dont see anything here on TL is suppose

http://de.twitch.tv/team/HSC

There you will find all the different streams
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 237
JuggernautJason55
BRAT_OK 53
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24174
Mini 421
Hyuk 164
firebathero 141
ggaemo 120
Dewaltoss 105
Mong 47
Hyun 37
ToSsGirL 23
Dota 2
Gorgc8344
febbydoto17
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3334
Khaldor1365
crisheroes1117
Liquid`Hasu862
Other Games
FrodaN2606
fl0m942
Beastyqt767
mouzStarbuck280
KnowMe185
ArmadaUGS135
Mew2King55
Trikslyr51
Chillindude32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1051
BasetradeTV185
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 81
• StrangeGG 49
• Adnapsc2 17
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• 80smullet 19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9252
• WagamamaTV436
Other Games
• imaqtpie827
• Shiphtur286
• tFFMrPink 18
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 7m
INu's Battles
17h 7m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 7m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.