• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:44
CEST 22:44
KST 05:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8783 users

HomeStory Cup IV - Preview - Page 8

Forum Index > News
265 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 14 Next All
neocron
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom505 Posts
January 04 2012 19:40 GMT
#141
On January 05 2012 04:11 Tuete wrote:


:D


Awesome trailer :D
wihlborg
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden54 Posts
January 04 2012 19:51 GMT
#142
On January 04 2012 22:32 iYiYi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 21:56 Roggay wrote:
On January 04 2012 21:54 s.a.y wrote:
How did Banjo get his nickname?

Looking forward to my new favorite time waster.

Bonjwa -> Banjo, other than that I don't really know.

Its from Reddit. I don't know why teamliquid stole it though.


But it's not from Reddit. I don't know why Reddit stole it though.
I LIEK CHOCOLATE MILK
Eufouria
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom4425 Posts
January 04 2012 19:54 GMT
#143
Thanks for the writeup, but it does seem very biased. Sure MC, JYP and HerO are all beatable, but there's no way that they aren't favourites for top 3. I don't think they will be top 3, because there's at least 1 top foreigner that I'd give at least a 50/50 chance of knocking them out but they're still the most likely top 3.

My predictions for the group stages:

Group A

ThorZaIN
Socke
Nerchio
iNcontroL


Group B


MarineKing

HasuObs
viOLet
Delphi

I don't know how much viOLet is actually practicing, HasuObs could definitely make it out of this group.


Group C

DIMAGA
Attero
Adelscott
ReaL

I don't know much about ReaL, except that he's Korean and lost to Elfi in a PvP (which doesn't mean much).

Group D

MC
ClouD
White-Ra (Replacement will be announced soon)
Aures

Depends if the replacement is better than ClouD or not.

Group E

JYP
DarkHydra (Replacement for DeMusliM)
DarKFoRcE
BlinG
DarKFoRcE will be way too distracted to win a game.




Group F


HerO

Naama
KawaiiRice
Haypr0

Banjo I believe!

Group G

Stephano
Sound
MoMaN
NightEnD


Group H


Ret
Grubby
GoOdy
Destiny
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 04 2012 20:11 GMT
#144
Pretty pumped for this, can't wait for the next installment of my favorite tournament. Thanks for the write-up.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Chewie
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark708 Posts
January 04 2012 20:25 GMT
#145
So pumped for this tourney!

I hope all the participants will have a great time playing and socializing.

Nice preview video! Is the footage from the the current preperations?
NEXUS6
Profile Joined July 2011
United States413 Posts
January 04 2012 20:59 GMT
#146
yay a good tourney for the beginning of the new year
Finrod1
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany3997 Posts
January 04 2012 21:01 GMT
#147
On January 05 2012 04:40 neocron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2012 04:11 Tuete wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnn57BnId7E&feature=player_embedded

:D


Awesome trailer :D


really cool trailer <3
hsc gonna be sooo cool.
boese
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany5 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-04 21:20:19
January 04 2012 21:20 GMT
#148
really nice - thx ! an amazing event. .... ! :-)
GreeN__
Profile Joined June 2011
Romania67 Posts
January 04 2012 21:28 GMT
#149
Looking forward for NightEnD`s casting... ^^.. I think MC will win..
Mess With the Best? Die like the rest.
JohnnyBanana
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada493 Posts
January 04 2012 21:53 GMT
#150
On January 05 2012 04:51 wihlborg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 22:32 iYiYi wrote:
On January 04 2012 21:56 Roggay wrote:
On January 04 2012 21:54 s.a.y wrote:
How did Banjo get his nickname?

Looking forward to my new favorite time waster.

Bonjwa -> Banjo, other than that I don't really know.

Its from Reddit. I don't know why teamliquid stole it though.


But it's not from Reddit. I don't know why Reddit stole it though.

It's not from Reddit or Teamliquid.

Like all original things on the internet, it's from 4chan. Banjo is a frequent visitor/poster in /v/, and his nickname came to be Banjo... because he kinda sucked for a long time, and there were rumors of him losing to medium AI (lol). Anyway it's a play on bonjovi.

Now Banjo is like the biggest name on /v/ and pretty much all of 4chan cheers him at every event. Kinda like Sheth or Hero for TL.
MrPuff
Profile Joined November 2011
Poland15 Posts
January 04 2012 21:57 GMT
#151
I listen to the interview and I just wonder why there were so many questions about alcohol, drinking and any "after party" scandal situations. And the "dating idea" ... Lets convince Take to make a room were they can "do it" and stream this with commentary. Yea that's what community want. Someone watched to much MTv or something... I really hope that Im not the only one who doesnt like that idea.

Even though Take himself agreed that HSC is something like "Big Brother" this show should not be about how wasted was some player next day or something like that. I really do not like the hype about how much alcohol the players will drink there, I dont care how much bear and vodka will be bought for HSC when 15k viewers will be reached as mention by Mr.Bitter or Rotti on US qualifiers for HSC played on esl.tv . A really do not like the alcohol and sex issues connected to esport as a whole, like for example the "lap dance" stream by Take some long time ago or even the SotG 60 with inControl drinking quite a lot wine at once and open another bottle. Sorry but that was impressive to whom ... some 14-years old maybe (I know there a lot of you, 14-years old sc2 fans out there, and I know that you did much worse things than this, but still ... ).

But back to topic. I have three levels of spending time with friends: hanging with friends (little to nothing alcohol), party (sure amounts of alcohol) and party hard (no comments on that one). I consider the HSC as a tournament right between level 1 and 2, all thought it may be a little bit more for some, but it would be wrong if such information spread. And so in my opinion every question about who was drunk, who puke, etc. are dropping the TL staff member who do that to a "News of the World" tabloid journalist level looking for something "interesting", while TL as a whole is as Times/Forbes of sc2 scene (and esport in general).
BBT: "That's right! You saw what you saw! That's how we roll in the Shire!"
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
January 04 2012 22:00 GMT
#152
HSC yeahhhh!
neocron
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom505 Posts
January 04 2012 22:06 GMT
#153
On January 05 2012 06:57 MrPuff wrote:
I listen to the interview and I just wonder why there were so many questions about alcohol, drinking and any "after party" scandal situations. And the "dating idea" ... Lets convince Take to make a room were they can "do it" and stream this with commentary. Yea that's what community want. Someone watched to much MTv or something... I really hope that Im not the only one who doesnt like that idea.

Even though Take himself agreed that HSC is something like "Big Brother" this show should not be about how wasted was some player next day or something like that. I really do not like the hype about how much alcohol the players will drink there, I dont care how much bear and vodka will be bought for HSC when 15k viewers will be reached as mention by Mr.Bitter or Rotti on US qualifiers for HSC played on esl.tv . A really do not like the alcohol and sex issues connected to esport as a whole, like for example the "lap dance" stream by Take some long time ago or even the SotG 60 with inControl drinking quite a lot wine at once and open another bottle. Sorry but that was impressive to whom ... some 14-years old maybe (I know there a lot of you, 14-years old sc2 fans out there, and I know that you did much worse things than this, but still ... ).

But back to topic. I have three levels of spending time with friends: hanging with friends (little to nothing alcohol), party (sure amounts of alcohol) and party hard (no comments on that one). I consider the HSC as a tournament right between level 1 and 2, all thought it may be a little bit more for some, but it would be wrong if such information spread. And so in my opinion every question about who was drunk, who puke, etc. are dropping the TL staff member who do that to a "News of the World" tabloid journalist level looking for something "interesting", while TL as a whole is as Times/Forbes of sc2 scene (and esport in general).


Player are humans like everyone else is. I like the idea that they can have fun at the HSC even if they get kicked out in the group stage. Why shouldnt they drink? I enjoy this event more than any other, because there the players, behave like normal people and enjoy themselves!
Thurken
Profile Joined September 2011
961 Posts
January 04 2012 22:12 GMT
#154
Does anybody where we can find a schedule of the event?
At what time does the tournament start? Which groups will be played tomorrow?
thx!
JohnnyBanana
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada493 Posts
January 04 2012 22:17 GMT
#155
On January 05 2012 06:57 MrPuff wrote:
I listen to the interview and I just wonder why there were so many questions about alcohol, drinking and any "after party" scandal situations. And the "dating idea" ... Lets convince Take to make a room were they can "do it" and stream this with commentary. Yea that's what community want. Someone watched to much MTv or something... I really hope that Im not the only one who doesnt like that idea.

Even though Take himself agreed that HSC is something like "Big Brother" this show should not be about how wasted was some player next day or something like that. I really do not like the hype about how much alcohol the players will drink there, I dont care how much bear and vodka will be bought for HSC when 15k viewers will be reached as mention by Mr.Bitter or Rotti on US qualifiers for HSC played on esl.tv . A really do not like the alcohol and sex issues connected to esport as a whole, like for example the "lap dance" stream by Take some long time ago or even the SotG 60 with inControl drinking quite a lot wine at once and open another bottle. Sorry but that was impressive to whom ... some 14-years old maybe (I know there a lot of you, 14-years old sc2 fans out there, and I know that you did much worse things than this, but still ... ).

But back to topic. I have three levels of spending time with friends: hanging with friends (little to nothing alcohol), party (sure amounts of alcohol) and party hard (no comments on that one). I consider the HSC as a tournament right between level 1 and 2, all thought it may be a little bit more for some, but it would be wrong if such information spread. And so in my opinion every question about who was drunk, who puke, etc. are dropping the TL staff member who do that to a "News of the World" tabloid journalist level looking for something "interesting", while TL as a whole is as Times/Forbes of sc2 scene (and esport in general).

I'm pretty sure you're the only one who doesn't like it.

Good luck unique snowflake!
MrPuff
Profile Joined November 2011
Poland15 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-04 22:25:09
January 04 2012 22:19 GMT
#156
On January 05 2012 07:06 neocron wrote:
...
Player are humans like everyone else is. I like the idea that they can have fun at the HSC even if they get kicked out in the group stage. Why shouldnt they drink? I enjoy this event more than any other, because there the players, behave like normal people and enjoy themselves!


Of course they are. Im not saying that they should not drink. I was young too, but that was long time ago :-). Im just saying it should not be presented as main information connected with HSC. I prefer to think about this tournament as a meeting of friends and not as alcohol marathon with wasted players. And looking for such "interesting" information is in my opinion wrong.
BBT: "That's right! You saw what you saw! That's how we roll in the Shire!"
ZerguufOu
Profile Joined December 2011
United States107 Posts
January 04 2012 22:41 GMT
#157
LOL the koreans in mlg video...lol so true
Semtext
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany287 Posts
January 04 2012 22:44 GMT
#158
shit, the due date on my BA thesis is 12th of january and i still need to write 25 pages. lets see how i get this "must watch" and the "must write" combined/controlled/sorted out.
http://de.twitch.tv/semtext | FBH, Socke, WhiteRa, GoOdy, TLO
Venerac
Profile Joined December 2010
United States201 Posts
January 04 2012 23:03 GMT
#159
Missed a lot of HSC3, not letting it happen again! Can't waittttttt~
Proud listener of "Starcast: The Starcraft Podcast". SlayerS_BoxeR//White-Ra//djWHEAT <3<3
Nazeron
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1046 Posts
January 04 2012 23:04 GMT
#160
OMG, cant wait for this, going to be so fun to watch, love the players casting eachothers games
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason116
Railgan 62
SpeCial 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16091
Dewaltoss 156
Hyuk 116
firebathero 103
Mini 22
Terrorterran 15
Dota 2
febbydoto29
League of Legends
Doublelift2960
Counter-Strike
Fnx 956
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5751
crisheroes1020
Other Games
summit1g5779
FrodaN2715
fl0m923
Beastyqt848
mouzStarbuck422
KnowMe336
ArmadaUGS106
ToD83
Mew2King49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1210
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 102
• Adnapsc2 21
• Letter143
• musti20045 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 50
• 80smullet 18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 11408
Other Games
• imaqtpie848
• Shiphtur217
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 17m
INu's Battles
15h 17m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 17m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 17m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.