• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:53
CEST 09:53
KST 16:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9540 users

[LP] Speedling Expand - Page 3

Forum Index > News
53 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
September 20 2010 16:35 GMT
#41
hmm interesting strat. i think im going to try that out now haha
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
Neokarasu
Profile Joined April 2010
United States20 Posts
September 20 2010 17:31 GMT
#42
This reminds me of the BO Sen used.

11 Overlord
14 Gas
13 Pool
16 Queen + Speed
18 Overlord

After that, you can get some lings to scout and either more lings/drones depending on what you scouted w/ your 1st Drone. You also get Lair immediately after the Queen is finished. I really how the timing unfolds (you get exactly 100 gas as soon as Pool is built and exactly 100 gas after the Queen is done) so this is what I've been using.
Parch
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada8 Posts
September 20 2010 18:06 GMT
#43
This is a nice build, + you should always scout for cheese.
I'm a Quebecker, get it right.
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
September 20 2010 19:04 GMT
#44
You cannot defend a 4 Warp Gate push with only Speedlings, not when he has enough sentries and does't screw up forcefields completely (and let's face it, that's hard to do).

Sooner or later you need to add Roaches / Hydras.
Against a good player Hydras will always be too late unless you have a lot Spinecrawler, which then again deny your eco advantage.

I've developed my own BO against 4 pools which works quite nice. Still, if I just mess up slightly a good Warp Gate push will punish me with defeat :>
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
NewDeal
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden26 Posts
September 20 2010 22:41 GMT
#45
If I were to come up with the absolute worst name for a type of build safe to use on all levels, "bronze proof" would be it. Totally unintuitive and backwards. Good choice.
MaxField
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2386 Posts
September 21 2010 03:00 GMT
#46
This is actually a really great strat, regardless of skill level or games played
"Zerg, so bad it loses to hydras" IdrA.
Riouh
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands60 Posts
September 21 2010 07:26 GMT
#47
On September 20 2010 05:24 dogabutila wrote:
13pool isn't bronze proof just saying. So much 6 pool there.


there's more 6pool in plat+ as people expect a macro/micro heavy match instead of proxy's rushes. out of 20 matches i've played against zerg in 1 day i got 6 pooled 15 times.

diamond 1200+- ^^
hihi glgl
shawabawa
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom417 Posts
September 21 2010 11:56 GMT
#48
God all the discussion about it not being "bronze proof" is retarded

Bronze Proof does *not* mean you cannot lose in bronze with it, it means it can be executed with a Bronze level player's mechanics. A bronze player might well still lose to a 6-pool, that isn't the issue.
Necator
Profile Joined July 2010
United States9 Posts
September 21 2010 17:52 GMT
#49
The build I came up with and use regularly is similar to what erulabs has written here. Through trial and error I foudn it to be most effective for me early game and have used it for baneling bust or just ling dominance for quite some time. I have achieved as high as dimaond rank 2 with it and usually sit around diamond rank 12. My only issue with it is I got use to winning early and forgot when to expand properly. Reading through erulabs build and seeing how similar it is to what I am already running except he has a howto expand in his and taking drones off gas. I will incorporate that into my game and see how much it improves it.
On September 20 2010 05:18 erulabs wrote:
I have actually been doing a slightly modified opening of this build since I really started maining Zerg. My build is as follows:

9 over
12 pool
12 gas
16 queen
18 overlord
19 ling (gas trick, fast ling is for killing scout)
@100 gas speed, take drones off gas and expand

Versus protoss that is scouted to be 2 gate rushing, or terran that _is not_ walling (properly), I continue mining gas and build baneling nest @50, take units off gas at 100 (four banelings), and expand.

This build once I really mastered it took me from 1100pt random to 1400pt zerg. This build is roughly the same economically as Sheths (due to 2 extra drones before starting to make lings/save for expo, but 1 less before saving for pool), but it also gets speed out slightly earlier rather than more lings out (this is to deal with very early reaper/reaper speed).

Also, a note of 12 pool over 13. 12 pool is still larvae efficient, inotherwords, the hatchery never stops "larae production", even though you reach 2 larvae while waiting for minerals for pool. This gets your queen out faster, which is insanely helpful against crazy proxy 6/1gate play i've been seeing on 2 player maps lately. The only draw back is having 2 lings instead of 4, although the 2 come out (1 drones worth of time) earlier. 12 pool is also superior against Random players, as 13 pool against 6pool becomes a matter of micro, whereas 12 pool simply wins (due to lings and queen).

Also, about the baneling addition. If you do the gas trick to build a zergling on 19 and _leave_ the gas geyser, you can get to 150 gas very quickly. Then just move all 6 drones back to minerals and expand behind the bust. This strategy is not only not _all in_ (i've had it fail 100% and have gone on to win many many times), it only sets you 2 or 3 drones behind where you would have had you skipped banelings. It also gives Zerg pressure on Terran early game (!!!), which IMO, is worth any amount of minerals.

Thraundil
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark278 Posts
September 22 2010 11:07 GMT
#50
Well considering this is a ZvP build, you probably wont see 6-pool from your opponent

How does this build order hold up vs very fast zealot pushes or fast void rays? By biggest problem with fast expanding before you have lings up is its so easy for your opponent to apply a ton of pressure to you with just a few units, without really paying on his own econ. Being forced to spend larvae on lings instead of drones is bad :p
Hivemind! Just like IRL...
ReDTerraN
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden88 Posts
September 25 2010 18:35 GMT
#51
nice =)
I support the emperor! not false GODS!
Chronocide
Profile Joined August 2007
United States126 Posts
September 26 2010 00:02 GMT
#52
On September 20 2010 17:31 Pholon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2010 07:57 Chronocide wrote:
I posted in the discussion section on the Liquipedia page, but I figure I may as well post here as well. This BO doesn't say anything about dealing with 4gate, and that's what I'm most afraid of whenever I play against protoss. It's hard enough to defend on one base, and almost feels like an auto-lose if I've fast expanded. I really feel the article should address this.


Obviously we left this part out in purpose to try and lure you guys into contributing ;o


haha I understand. If I knew the answer I would totally add it
"I quickly scanned the area, and saw no observers, so I locked-down as many scouts as I could with my Ghosts, and ordered one to nuke them" -mrxak
onmach
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1241 Posts
October 06 2010 21:57 GMT
#53
I tried this build to practice a few times, but it has a glaring weakness in that there's no drone scout. I thought it was implicit, and found that taking the scout off ruins your zerglings and queen timing. There are far too many early things that can happen to wait for zerglings for scouting. By that time, the opponent is already walled in his base. It is also begging to be void rayed.

Also, what do I even spend those extra minerals on after I've expanded. If I make any drones at all, I end up with a huge mineral surplus, but if I make zerglings I can do nothing with them except for break rocks. If I leave my drones on gas for at least another 100, at least I'll be able to bring up my lair without delay.
Dannyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4 Posts
October 07 2010 13:38 GMT
#54
It says 15 overlord, 16 queen
but you dont make anything inbetween

it should be

15 overlord
15 queen
17 ling
♥
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 459
Hyuk 270
910 106
Yoon 34
Dewaltoss 32
NotJumperer 31
Bale 28
ZergMaN 27
yabsab 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe61
League of Legends
JimRising 505
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King146
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1823
Khaldor188
Other Games
singsing615
ceh9544
olofmeister490
Happy444
WinterStarcraft404
Sick245
Livibee181
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick689
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream306
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH85
• LUISG 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2341
League of Legends
• Stunt622
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 7m
Stellar Fest
5h 7m
The PondCast
1d 2h
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.