• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:10
CEST 13:10
KST 20:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7897 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 541

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 539 540 541 542 543 555 Next
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
March 20 2024 21:01 GMT
#10801
This just makes sense to me. It's exactly how today has been shaping up.

[image loading]

Lynch Palmar. Make it Jealous vs. DMB the next day and it's an easy W if DMB is town, even though neither is responsible for his ML. Iamp and DP move their votes around to save DP.

"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 20 2024 21:05 GMT
#10802
On March 21 2024 06:01 Jealous wrote:
This just makes sense to me. It's exactly how today has been shaping up.

[image loading]

Lynch Palmar. Make it Jealous vs. DMB the next day and it's an easy W if DMB is town, even though neither is responsible for his ML. Iamp and DP move their votes around to save DP.



Wait so you think dmb is town now??
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 20 2024 21:17 GMT
#10803
If jealous is town and let's say dp is town. Would leave meapak and jat. Mz has been doing this mirror thing where he spews what was just said or agrees with me.

https://tl.net/forum/mafia/621454-a-classy-game-of-mafia?page=524#10475

And his post where he just agree with no activity might be ok.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 20 2024 21:18 GMT
#10804
I got to go for a few hours try to check in if able just before deadline if basketball is over.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 20 2024 21:19 GMT
#10805
On March 21 2024 06:17 iamperfection wrote:
If jealous is town and let's say dp is town. Would leave meapak and jat. Mz has been doing this mirror thing where he spews what was just said or agrees with me.

https://tl.net/forum/mafia/621454-a-classy-game-of-mafia?page=524#10475

And his post where he just agree with no activity might be ok.


Agree that has to be the team.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 20 2024 21:43 GMT
#10806
On March 21 2024 06:17 iamperfection wrote:
If jealous is town and let's say dp is town. Would leave meapak and jat. Mz has been doing this mirror thing where he spews what was just said or agrees with me.

https://tl.net/forum/mafia/621454-a-classy-game-of-mafia?page=524#10475

And his post where he just agree with no activity might be ok.

If jealous is town (does not seem very likely to me), you should really revisit the bolded assumption more critically. Fortunately, it would become more obvious with each night that dp is not killed.
MZ is not the only one who just repeated/agreed with what you had to say today.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 20 2024 21:45 GMT
#10807
On March 21 2024 06:43 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2024 06:17 iamperfection wrote:
If jealous is town and let's say dp is town. Would leave meapak and jat. Mz has been doing this mirror thing where he spews what was just said or agrees with me.

https://tl.net/forum/mafia/621454-a-classy-game-of-mafia?page=524#10475

And his post where he just agree with no activity might be ok.

If jealous is town (does not seem very likely to me), you should really revisit the bolded assumption more critically. Fortunately, it would become more obvious with each night that dp is not killed.
MZ is not the only one who just repeated/agreed with what you had to say today.


Oh come off it.

I didn’t just repeat what perfection says I had been saying that about the unflipped wagons being called town v town with dmb forever.

And I also don’t agree that jealous is town just that the possibility is there.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 20 2024 21:45 GMT
#10808
Jealous new vote analysis is just more or less the same in a new format again. Busywork without a lot of conclusions that are drawn.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 20 2024 21:50 GMT
#10809
I mean, the iamp dp idea is frightening but I don't think that is very likely.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 20 2024 21:54 GMT
#10810
On March 21 2024 06:50 justanothertownie wrote:
I mean, the iamp dp idea is frightening but I don't think that is very likely.

Part of me just Thinks jealous is trying to derail his partners wagon here.

It’s weird how he kind of called dmb town.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 20 2024 21:57 GMT
#10811
On March 21 2024 06:54 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2024 06:50 justanothertownie wrote:
I mean, the iamp dp idea is frightening but I don't think that is very likely.

Part of me just Thinks jealous is trying to derail his partners wagon here.

It’s weird how he kind of called dmb town.

Yeah, I am also not sure that thought progress makes sense to me.
The whole premise of "people who hammer need to mafia" is quite questionable. As are all conclusions drawn from it.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
March 20 2024 22:13 GMT
#10812
On March 21 2024 06:57 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2024 06:54 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 21 2024 06:50 justanothertownie wrote:
I mean, the iamp dp idea is frightening but I don't think that is very likely.

Part of me just Thinks jealous is trying to derail his partners wagon here.

It’s weird how he kind of called dmb town.

Yeah, I am also not sure that thought progress makes sense to me.
The whole premise of "people who hammer need to mafia" is quite questionable. As are all conclusions drawn from it.

It's just one possibility, I plan on doing more but work is demanding today.

It's one of the first I explored because it is indeed scary as mentioned above, and if it is the case, the game is shaping up almost exactly in their favor. Hammer Palmar, receive 0% of the heat for it, say "I am never voting iamp" and then ride off into the sunset on free ML on me or potential ML on DMB.

My feeling still is that DMB is objectively scummy, that her reads flip on me makes 0 fucking sense, the multiple slips/near-slips, and that stuff like the German thing/all of the dumbtells is just too much. However, it is counterbalanced by my having made basically the same exact "mistake" with CopCake. There is undeniably a non-zero chance that DMB is town, and if that is the case, then the game will have played out exactly as scum would want. And who was the scum that set up this situation, then? That's what this first proposed analysis was about.

And again, I see almost no way that DMB and DP are on a team together, unless their plan to spread scum around when she went to DP. However, around that time, Vivax was openly thirsting to lynch DP IIRC, so that would have been a really dumb plan. So, I find it more likely that DMB and DP can't both be scum.

I know that I'm not scum with DMB and that's the theory that several others have been pushing, so I know that town is going into an objectively wrong direction, too. That's why I felt like I had to do something, because I know that if town sentiment is "lynch DMB or Jealous, then lynch the other," that is an autoloss for town.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
March 20 2024 22:15 GMT
#10813
On March 21 2024 06:57 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2024 06:54 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 21 2024 06:50 justanothertownie wrote:
I mean, the iamp dp idea is frightening but I don't think that is very likely.

Part of me just Thinks jealous is trying to derail his partners wagon here.

It’s weird how he kind of called dmb town.

Yeah, I am also not sure that thought progress makes sense to me.
The whole premise of "people who hammer need to mafia" is quite questionable. As are all conclusions drawn from it.

Also, I mean, does this movement from town make sense to you?

[image loading]


In theory it could be three scum just eating popcorn, but that would then have to be (assuming you are town) DMB, Rels, and MZ. Does that team sound plausible to you?
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
die_meatbaby
Profile Joined May 2023
Colombia1344 Posts
March 20 2024 22:16 GMT
#10814
I finished work. I have to catch up with the thread.
Sorry I am drunk. We had big wine, rum and Schnaps tasting in the company
Everything has an end only the sausage has two
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 20 2024 22:19 GMT
#10815
On March 21 2024 07:15 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2024 06:57 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 21 2024 06:54 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 21 2024 06:50 justanothertownie wrote:
I mean, the iamp dp idea is frightening but I don't think that is very likely.

Part of me just Thinks jealous is trying to derail his partners wagon here.

It’s weird how he kind of called dmb town.

Yeah, I am also not sure that thought progress makes sense to me.
The whole premise of "people who hammer need to mafia" is quite questionable. As are all conclusions drawn from it.

Also, I mean, does this movement from town make sense to you?

[image loading]


In theory it could be three scum just eating popcorn, but that would then have to be (assuming you are town) DMB, Rels, and MZ. Does that team sound plausible to you?

I wouldn't call that eating popcorn considering the time in which this happened. Also, I really do not know why you think iamp and dp have to be of the same alignment.
die_meatbaby
Profile Joined May 2023
Colombia1344 Posts
March 20 2024 22:28 GMT
#10816
On March 21 2024 07:15 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2024 06:57 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 21 2024 06:54 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 21 2024 06:50 justanothertownie wrote:
I mean, the iamp dp idea is frightening but I don't think that is very likely.

Part of me just Thinks jealous is trying to derail his partners wagon here.

It’s weird how he kind of called dmb town.

Yeah, I am also not sure that thought progress makes sense to me.
The whole premise of "people who hammer need to mafia" is quite questionable. As are all conclusions drawn from it.

Also, I mean, does this movement from town make sense to you?

[image loading]


In theory it could be three scum just eating popcorn, but that would then have to be (assuming you are town) DMB, Rels, and MZ. Does that team sound plausible to you?


How could I be in a team with Rels?
Nobody was suspicious about Rels until I drew DP and Vivax's attention to my theory and they discussed it. Why should I draw people's attention to Rels in the first place if nobody finds anything suspicious about him and if he would be my "scum colleague"?
Everything has an end only the sausage has two
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
March 20 2024 22:34 GMT
#10817
On March 21 2024 07:19 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2024 07:15 Jealous wrote:
On March 21 2024 06:57 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 21 2024 06:54 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 21 2024 06:50 justanothertownie wrote:
I mean, the iamp dp idea is frightening but I don't think that is very likely.

Part of me just Thinks jealous is trying to derail his partners wagon here.

It’s weird how he kind of called dmb town.

Yeah, I am also not sure that thought progress makes sense to me.
The whole premise of "people who hammer need to mafia" is quite questionable. As are all conclusions drawn from it.

Also, I mean, does this movement from town make sense to you?

[image loading]


In theory it could be three scum just eating popcorn, but that would then have to be (assuming you are town) DMB, Rels, and MZ. Does that team sound plausible to you?

I wouldn't call that eating popcorn considering the time in which this happened. Also, I really do not know why you think iamp and dp have to be of the same alignment.

I mean, the remaining four players are the only ones who didn't change their vote, and none were potential lynch targets. So, that's basically eating popcorn.

Okay, so what alignments do you think make sense with this vote movement?
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
March 20 2024 22:37 GMT
#10818
On March 21 2024 06:54 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2024 06:50 justanothertownie wrote:
I mean, the iamp dp idea is frightening but I don't think that is very likely.

Part of me just Thinks jealous is trying to derail his partners wagon here.

It’s weird how he kind of called dmb town.

I'm trying to picture a world where DMB is town and what that would mean about the rest of the game, because the wagon on DMB formed way too easily, and I am apparently the only alternative. Even if DMB flips scum, it seems like I'll be next, and again - that is a guaranteed town loss. So, I'm trying to spitball ideas so that town doesn't lose either today with a potential DMB ML or with mine "tomorrow." Certainly seems like it could be more productive to discuss options and potential teams than it does to just do nothing, like some people suggested. If DMB is town, that would only benefit scum.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 20 2024 22:40 GMT
#10819
If dmb is mafia she would be bussed here 1000% of the time.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
die_meatbaby
Profile Joined May 2023
Colombia1344 Posts
March 20 2024 22:40 GMT
#10820
On March 21 2024 07:13 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2024 06:57 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 21 2024 06:54 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 21 2024 06:50 justanothertownie wrote:
I mean, the iamp dp idea is frightening but I don't think that is very likely.

Part of me just Thinks jealous is trying to derail his partners wagon here.

It’s weird how he kind of called dmb town.

Yeah, I am also not sure that thought progress makes sense to me.
The whole premise of "people who hammer need to mafia" is quite questionable. As are all conclusions drawn from it.

It's just one possibility, I plan on doing more but work is demanding today.

It's one of the first I explored because it is indeed scary as mentioned above, and if it is the case, the game is shaping up almost exactly in their favor. Hammer Palmar, receive 0% of the heat for it, say "I am never voting iamp" and then ride off into the sunset on free ML on me or potential ML on DMB.

My feeling still is that DMB is objectively scummy, that her reads flip on me makes 0 fucking sense, the multiple slips/near-slips, and that stuff like the German thing/all of the dumbtells is just too much. However, it is counterbalanced by my having made basically the same exact "mistake" with CopCake. There is undeniably a non-zero chance that DMB is town, and if that is the case, then the game will have played out exactly as scum would want. And who was the scum that set up this situation, then? That's what this first proposed analysis was about.

And again, I see almost no way that DMB and DP are on a team together, unless their plan to spread scum around when she went to DP. However, around that time, Vivax was openly thirsting to lynch DP IIRC, so that would have been a really dumb plan. So, I find it more likely that DMB and DP can't both be scum.

I know that I'm not scum with DMB and that's the theory that several others have been pushing, so I know that town is going into an objectively wrong direction, too. That's why I felt like I had to do something, because I know that if town sentiment is "lynch DMB or Jealous, then lynch the other," that is an autoloss for town.


I was long unsure what aligment you could most likely have. I like to compare games from the people. Your old game (even when it was 8 years ago) made me think you are kinda Town, but I didn´t like how you were posting after the Koshi nk.
That was the point were I was more sure you could possibly be scum.
At the time were you and CC were the vote wagons. I was really not so sure about your aligment and I am not supposed to vote outside of the wagons otherwise I get shit on my head from Town.
I had to deside which one of you two I should vote, so I rather voted on CC who wanted to get out of the game and yes I thougt of her as town, but I was also unsure about you. So sorry to vote the one who really seemed sad in the game.
When there was the next lynch between you and Palmar, I already got so annoyed and paranoid about two wagons who are pushed by Dp again, that I didn´t want to vote any wagon pushed by him. And there happend the (Town)mistake that I tried to avoid one lynch before. Not voting outside of the wagons or I will get called scum.
I knew that voting outside will get me scumpoints. So my question is why should I make chaos here and getting more attantion instead of just voting Palmar or you?
After the lynch and the Koshi nightkill I was more pissed about my self because maybe I should have voted for you.

Also vivax changed his vote to cc because of dp pushing and asking us to vote CC. He was Town. I am Town. We were morons for listining to scumDP for this.


Everything has an end only the sausage has two
Prev 1 539 540 541 542 543 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 537
RotterdaM112
Rex63
SteadfastSC46
TKL 45
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko304
RotterdaM 64
Rex 61
Codebar 41
TKL 23
SteadfastSC 19
ByuN 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3199
Shuttle 1225
Bisu 762
Soulkey 679
Horang2 570
Jaedong 552
BeSt 414
actioN 334
Mong 329
Soma 253
[ Show more ]
firebathero 250
Stork 196
Larva 166
Rush 161
Mini 126
Last 112
Hyun 103
Zeus 92
Pusan 87
PianO 74
ZerO 73
Free 69
910 68
Mind 65
Shine 57
Snow 47
hero 40
sorry 40
Shinee 39
sSak 28
Sharp 28
Bale 22
Sexy 21
ToSsGirL 20
HiyA 20
ZergMaN 19
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 9
Noble 7
JYJ 6
scan(afreeca) 6
yabsab 1
Dota 2
XcaliburYe277
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1434
shoxiejesuss730
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King241
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes242
Other Games
gofns45577
singsing1937
B2W.Neo210
DeMusliM180
Pyrionflax170
KnowMe140
Livibee140
Trikslyr22
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV279
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Other Games
• Shiphtur479
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 50m
The PondCast
22h 50m
INu's Battles
23h 50m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.