• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:51
CEST 16:51
KST 23:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7789 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 32

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 555 Next
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 04 2024 13:40 GMT
#621
On March 04 2024 14:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Slam is probably mafia.

good post by rayn at this point in the thread
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 04 2024 13:54 GMT
#622
On March 04 2024 20:42 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 20:37 marvellosity wrote:
On March 04 2024 20:35 Vivax wrote:
On March 04 2024 17:48 VisceraEyes wrote:
DP I'm town first say it then vote for me for mayor.


DP you think I lack paranoia about you because I townread you but VE talking to you like you‘re conftown here doesn‘t jump into your eye ?

Why is a congruent read on Oats enough for you not to be paranoid, though?


It‘s enough on D1 for me.
If DP makes it far into the game I can still revisit my own opinion.

There is no apparent reason for him to dislike it except that perhaps I‘m too easily correct on him for his taste.

The paranoia is also a weakness at the same time and I don‘t want to cling onto those just to fit within expectations.


Never stopped you before
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 13:59 GMT
#623
Can you vote for me while ignore me?
Only ignoring isn't fun.
I had a good night of sleep.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 14:01 GMT
#624
I will shun and have in my general suspect pool any mayor candidate who isn‘t me.

I‘m not sure but DP came off across as wanting to look scummier on purpose since he accused me of lack of paranoia.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 14:03 GMT
#625
I can also accuse you of lack of paranoia. It's the only thing that bothers me in your play but it's actually quite a big thing.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 04 2024 14:04 GMT
#626
On March 04 2024 20:47 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 19:44 marvellosity wrote:
On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 17:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Cake do you think DP's reasoning for calling you mafia last game when you were actually mafia was good?


If I remember correctly, he called me mafia for having TMI for calling you town in a secure way. Which I applaud.

Here, I honestly do not understand or I am pretty stupid.

Anyways, that doesnt change my read on him. He is a strong, secure player. He cares for other people’s opinions like when he was town in the game Slam was mafia.

In the marvvivaxcake game, I was asking many questions, he engaged and answered. He demanded answers.

Here, I ignored him and he did nothing until Oats came and started to talk about me.

As someone who kinda “played” him, I would imagine he would try to figure me out asap. (Played as in I stayed alive and made him second guess TTT)

Thing is, DP is bravado, he has said so before such as “he controls lynches” and stuff like that.

Here, he is too quiet for the exception of calling me wolf.

As I said before, if he was interested in me he would have called me out inmediatly for ignoring him and not just when Oats came. Idk it seems like lazy mafia using “I was right last time”

Am I wrong for getting with this conclusion? This is a general question for everyone, not just Rayn.

I reckon I believe this post.

I think my only request is - the thread will get horribly unreadable if you two are antagonising each other. So preferably engage with him calmly and then make a post such as this to outline your position.


Why is this enough for you marv?

I just believed it. Doesn’t make it a lock townread
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 14:05 GMT
#627
On March 04 2024 23:03 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I can also accuse you of lack of paranoia. It's the only thing that bothers me in your play but it's actually quite a big thing.


Let it bother you then, if you accuse me of lacking something that would undermine my own abilities then it isn‘t a me problem, it‘s a you problem.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
March 04 2024 14:06 GMT
#628
Day One Vote Count

Mayor

raynpelikoneet (1): JacobStrangelove
Koshi (1): Koshi

Not Voting (19):

With 1 vote, raynpelikoneet is currently set to be elected!

Lynch

Alakaslam (2) Oatsmaster, CopCake
CopCake (1): Oatsmaster, DarthPunk
Koshi (1) : JacobStrangelove

Not Voting(17):

With 2 votes, Alakaslam is currently set to be lynched!

The deadline is Wednesday, Mar 06 3:00am GMT (GMT+00:00), which is in

Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 14:06 GMT
#629
That‘s like accusing a one-legged person that they chose to use a crutch.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 14:07 GMT
#630
##Vote: Trfel
##Mayor: Vivax


Sandroba why do you believe that Trfel is town ?
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 04 2024 14:12 GMT
#631
On March 04 2024 21:24 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 21:15 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:13 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:05 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 20:54 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 17:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Cake do you think DP's reasoning for calling you mafia last game when you were actually mafia was good?


If I remember correctly, he called me mafia for having TMI for calling you town in a secure way. Which I applaud.

Here, I honestly do not understand or I am pretty stupid.


It's the exact same reason. Cakes literal first post of the game is this:

On March 04 2024 13:52 CopCake wrote:
Lord Trfel, Duchess meatbaby… would you like to join me for tea in this perfectly splendid day?



Which she later states is her 'town circle' she has not interacted in a single way with either of these players, and I know from her last mafia game that town reads too early is a mafia tell for cake.

This absolutely qualifies, further if they are town, it is also a blatant pocketing attempt.

On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:
Anyways, that doesnt change my read on him. He is a strong, secure player. He cares for other people’s opinions like when he was town in the game Slam was mafia.


I don't see how that has changed at all in this game compare to the previous games.

On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:

In the marvvivaxcake game, I was asking many questions, he engaged and answered. He demanded answers.

Here, I ignored him and he did nothing until Oats came and started to talk about me.


This is just wrong, in this game she was only posting roleplay about a tea party, I asked her a question, she left the thread, I asked slam about her alignment, she came back to the thread and I immediately asked her a follow up question.

Here is the progression:

On March 04 2024 14:14 DarthPunk wrote:
Any thoughts on alignments cake?


she makes these two troll posts

On March 04 2024 14:14 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:08 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:01 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:58 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:52 CopCake wrote:
Lord Trfel, Duchess meatbaby… would you like to join me for tea in this perfectly splendid day?

Unfortunately I don't drink tea, why do you ask?

@DarthPunk sorry I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying, I wasn't trying to misrepresent you. I'll let you do your thing instead of arguing over little nonsense.



Out of character: it is just set up flavour, do not take it too literal, just enjoy the chat engagement. 🥂
Sure, I won't drink any tea but I can bring some water and see where it leads.


Do not worry darling, all is ok as long is not poison. We do not want a purple wedding.


On March 04 2024 14:20 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:18 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:13 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:05 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:52 CopCake wrote:
Lord Trfel, Duchess meatbaby… would you like to join me for tea in this perfectly splendid day?


It would be an honor for me. I bring some biscuits

I am glad!

It shall be a great time for sure my dear. Such a shame Lord Trfel decided to decline the invitation, there was a delicious cake and macaroons baked in his honor.

@trfl How dare you! Who raised such an outrageous generation?


Shhhh, is ok my darling, it seems there was a small missunderstanding.

But you are right, this generation is quite something.


I ask slam about her alignment when she is gone

On March 04 2024 15:12 DarthPunk wrote:
Slam have you played a lot with cake?


Then she arrives back in the thread with this:



On March 04 2024 15:12 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:58 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:01 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:58 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:52 CopCake wrote:
Lord Trfel, Duchess meatbaby… would you like to join me for tea in this perfectly splendid day?

Unfortunately I don't drink tea, why do you ask?

@DarthPunk sorry I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying, I wasn't trying to misrepresent you. I'll let you do your thing instead of arguing over little nonsense.



Out of character: it is just set up flavour, do not take it too literal, just enjoy the chat engagement. 🥂

How was
T.h.i.s. important
C
A
K
E
?



I have a bitterness not against cake indeed! I shall become foul.


????

What do you mean Mr Darcy?


On March 04 2024 15:14 CopCake wrote:
🤭 This is so funny


I immediately try to engage with her about the game, and she calls me out as mafia.

then makes the below reads

On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:

In the marvvivaxcake game, I was asking many questions, he engaged and answered. He demanded answers.

Here, I ignored him and he did nothing until Oats came and started to talk about me.


Which is untrue and also unfair, when she was interacting in the way that she did.

On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:
As someone who kinda “played” him, I would imagine he would try to figure me out asap. (Played as in I stayed alive and made him second guess TTT)


and this which is as inaccurate a statement as you can make, considering I was the person in the thread who most actively tried to determine your alignment


On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:
Thing is, DP is bravado, he has said so before such as “he controls lynches” and stuff like that.

Here, he is too quiet for the exception of calling me wolf.


I literally have the most posts in the game at the point you called me mafia.
On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:
As I said before, if he was interested in me he would have called me out inmediatly for ignoring him and not just when Oats came. Idk it seems like lazy mafia using “I was right last time”
The fact you entered the thread in the manner in which you did, which is so different to the last game we played together, and then try to apply a meta read to me in about 1-2 hours of playing the game is just wrong.


By the way, none of cakes post explains three good reasons why cake is mafia.

1.) why did she come into the game town reading two other players in her first post, so strongly that she called it a 'town circle'

2.) why has she actively and blatantly avoided taking stances and playing/progressing the game (i couldn't tell you a position she holds right now apart from me being mafia and her few town reads)

3.) she makes meta reads based on completely different and absurd circumstances, strong and confident ones at that.


Tunnel me if you desire but I tend to do this.
As town and as mafia.

I tend to be like “Detective Glowing bear will your hold my hand and find mafia together?”

And stuff like “Shockey, if you were a sea animal, what would you be?” For example, shockey said a killer whale which is a beast animal and he was mafia. I think mafia kinda out themselves when asked about random stuff, like if you ask for what they are listening to, they will more likely say something heavier than what they tend to listen usually. You should try this technique sometime.

It is my own way of solving the game, there is a logic to it. I liked dumb a lot for calling you out, it felt natural.

I also liked trfel and I have a mads respect for him after last game, therefore, invited into a “town circle”.

I think the concept here is what you have trouble with. The fact they were invited doesnt mean I cant change my opinion of them which you are assuming.

If Slam told you “yes I have played with cake a lot” does it have some value to you?


What do you think of this DP?


None of that addresses any of why you are mafia.



🤷🏽‍♀️

You are acting like a totally different person. You like to understand how people make reads on the obvs chat and I gave you big info of my playstyle because I dont plan to play anymore. Maybe once a year or so.

He’s not though.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 04 2024 14:12 GMT
#632
On March 04 2024 22:13 JacobStrangelove wrote:
That's a good point sandro, curious to know your thoughts on copcake vs DP and Ray's alighnment from your perspective.



Honestly undecided on DP, leaning town on copcake. If I had to decide now I would say it's most likely TvT here. Rayn is amongst my top town with dmb and trfel,
Coincidentally, you are one of my few scum hunches so far.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 14:14 GMT
#633
On March 04 2024 12:54 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 12:50 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:47 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
[quote]Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?

I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.

I think I fundamentally disagree with you on how the game works. I don't trust any one player on D1, much less do I trust their singular reads. Yes it's true that there might be someone who comes up with a perfect scumlist D1, but without any knowledge of flips, I have no way of knowing their list is better than mine. I obviously believe my reads first but on D1 they could be fucking terrible and I just don't know it yet. Town consensus at least provides multiple inputs so if I see several people who I think are good players reading the game the same way that I am, it helps me to solidify my reads.

Let's put it this way. If I was a vig, I would never ever shoot D1. This mayor kill is no different than that in my eyes. Town KP is usually at a premium so I don't think it should be used based on one player's gut read D1.


How about we just talk about who is mafia and who is town.
I thought it would be useful to get into his mindset a bit, I think the utility has run its course though.

To respond to your other post, (and also I suppose I can include Vivax or anyone else in the discussion about Oatsmaster), I felt like Oatsmaster has actually provided some substance this game. He has taken a unique angle in being interested in why players [i[don't want to be mayor, and he's been following up on this. I think that's actually rather decent for being less than an hour in. Really it feels genuine to me, like he's truly interested in the approach and people's answers.
[/i]

I think the contrarian stance he took here on Oats is scummy as well.
I also sort of asked DP why he didn‘t want to be mayor at the beginning of the game.

Best case though he spewed him town.

Additionally he completely missed Meapaks point and I think he just faked the entire conversation and had little interest in actually reading and paying attention.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 14:17 GMT
#634
On March 04 2024 22:10 sandroba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:16 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:14 Trfel wrote:
[quote]May I ask, why should we vote for you as mayor?

Well first off I didn't say pregame I'd vote for Palmar and then change my mind once the game started.

Secondly I don't think I've ever been a mayor before.

Thirdly I pledge to make my personal lynch a town lynch and will select whoever is the second in votes at the end of the day.
Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?

I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.


Only read the thread up to this point so far. I think the once great town hero Trfel has betrayed us and is working with the enemy.
The fact that he is choosing to comment so much on this technical aspect and not on people's alignment indicative behavior is what makes me believe this is the case.


And why does it sound like you‘re scumreading him here and afterwards he lands in your top towns ?
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 04 2024 14:20 GMT
#635
On March 04 2024 22:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 21:15 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:09 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I dont think Cake is town?
I think ytour points 1 and 2 dont make her mafia, which i was kind of arguing. I think your point 3 is alid and it actually can make her mafia.


Well you said my scum read on her was unreasonable so that kind of implied you thought she was town right?

No that doesn't mean that. It was more about my read on you rather than Cake's alignment.


What did it mean about that?

Im gonna answer this and then continue in the same post with other things.

If your read looks unreasonable to me, it might indicate you're mafia. Cake's alignment doesnt matter here at all since its not out of question you would make a shitty scumread even on your partner, just to back off from it later on. Its just that if you make a shitty read, that implicates you being mafia, regardless of the other person's alignment.

I take back my town read on Trfel, i thought i saw something there when i was reading the thread at work but re-reading now that something didn't actually exist. Trfel could very well be mafia.

I am still considering Slam mafia, and it's not a meta read. Sure at first it started as a meta read when he looked more serious and laid back than usual. That can be explained with his rl-situation. However, there should be simply no way he is considering me as his best vote for mayor at the moment.
1) I have openly stated he is my only scumread in the game at that point
2) DP makes points about Cake, Slam calls all of them good points. I disagree with 2/3 of those points, Slam STILL goes like "oh rayn makes very good point" -- both of those things can't be in his head, either DP's points are good or they are not in his opinion, yet he's saying they both are and they aren't.
Furhtermore i don't in any case understand why he is making a list of who he is preferring as mayor in which order. He said before game he would want Hapa for mayor, why doesn't he even wait for Hapa to post while starting to campign "rayn for mayor" when it doesn't even make any sense for him to do so if he is town?

For the uninitiated, why can’t Slam do this as town?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 14:20 GMT
#636
On March 04 2024 22:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Trfel looks too clean, it worries me.


You know what to do.
Place two votes.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 04 2024 14:23 GMT
#637
On March 04 2024 23:17 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 22:10 sandroba wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:16 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
[quote]
Well first off I didn't say pregame I'd vote for Palmar and then change my mind once the game started.

Secondly I don't think I've ever been a mayor before.

Thirdly I pledge to make my personal lynch a town lynch and will select whoever is the second in votes at the end of the day.
Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?

I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.


Only read the thread up to this point so far. I think the once great town hero Trfel has betrayed us and is working with the enemy.
The fact that he is choosing to comment so much on this technical aspect and not on people's alignment indicative behavior is what makes me believe this is the case.


And why does it sound like you‘re scumreading him here and afterwards he lands in your top towns ?

Because he carried on reading the thread
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 14:26 GMT
#638
Moving Oats to town. I thought he spammed too much at the time and his question to the host felt like something he could have done in PM land but the fact he felt the same way about JS looking scummish early probably means we think more alike than not.

So I‘m at:

Town: DP, Rayn, Oats, TTS
Good nulls : Marv
Null/need to read more: MZ, cop, Slam
Bad nulls: VE, Sandroba
Mafia: Trfel
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 04 2024 14:27 GMT
#639
On March 04 2024 23:07 Vivax wrote:
##Vote: Trfel
##Mayor: Vivax


Sandroba why do you believe that Trfel is town ?

He posted exactly what I was thinking at the time, much like the last game. After he switched from posting about technicalities there is not a single post he made that I didn't fully agree with
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 04 2024 14:29 GMT
#640
On March 04 2024 23:17 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 22:10 sandroba wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:16 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
[quote]
Well first off I didn't say pregame I'd vote for Palmar and then change my mind once the game started.

Secondly I don't think I've ever been a mayor before.

Thirdly I pledge to make my personal lynch a town lynch and will select whoever is the second in votes at the end of the day.
Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?


I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.


Only read the thread up to this point so far. I think the once great town hero Trfel has betrayed us and is working with the enemy.
The fact that he is choosing to comment so much on this technical aspect and not on people's alignment indicative behavior is what makes me believe this is the case.


And why does it sound like you‘re scumreading him here and afterwards he lands in your top towns ?


It sounds like that because that's exactly what happened.
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 432
ProTech135
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32484
Bisu 3049
Shuttle 1749
Hyuk 1358
EffOrt 753
Mini 672
Larva 347
Soma 284
firebathero 246
ZerO 242
[ Show more ]
Zeus 110
hero 95
Last 81
Sexy 78
Mong 45
Hyun 44
Killer 42
Pusan 36
ToSsGirL 36
PianO 32
Bale 31
Trap 29
Aegong 28
Hm[arnc] 23
sorry 20
zelot 16
Rock 11
JulyZerg 11
Noble 11
Terrorterran 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Sacsri 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7894
qojqva1566
Dendi799
Counter-Strike
fl0m2494
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1458
crisheroes971
Liquid`Hasu566
Lowko435
Other Games
singsing2231
B2W.Neo1343
Beastyqt463
Livibee218
Hui .205
Liquid`VortiX145
KnowMe105
ArmadaUGS103
Mew2King94
elazer70
CosmosSc2 22
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• Adnapsc2 5
• poizon28 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8409
• WagamamaTV193
League of Legends
• Jankos1981
Other Games
• Shiphtur0
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 9m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 9m
INu's Battles
21h 9m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.