• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:25
CEST 10:25
KST 17:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11242 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 34

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 555 Next
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 04 2024 15:12 GMT
#661
I have been thinking about the whisperer. There is no reason not to claim it immediately if your town no? I think so right? As in I am the whisperer and I whispered so and so.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 04 2024 15:17 GMT
#662
On March 04 2024 23:37 sandroba wrote:
I think it's fair for TTT to scum read tfrel at that point in the thread. At the same time the lack of engagement in other matters, or revising the read after more pages is a bit sus

Tone wise do you think it's likely a scum would be that prickly early on?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 15:24 GMT
#663
On March 05 2024 00:12 iamperfection wrote:
I have been thinking about the whisperer. There is no reason not to claim it immediately if your town no? I think so right? As in I am the whisperer and I whispered so and so.

What does it benefit if you claim it?
table for two on a tv tray
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 04 2024 15:25 GMT
#664
Not sure about being prickly, but I was just doing some filtering and I think his last post sounds very honest and townie.
I was looking at people with low-impact and some pretense of being a helpful townie, I have you, JSL and VE in that category atm.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 04 2024 15:26 GMT
#665
On March 05 2024 00:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 00:12 iamperfection wrote:
I have been thinking about the whisperer. There is no reason not to claim it immediately if your town no? I think so right? As in I am the whisperer and I whispered so and so.

What does it benefit if you claim it?

Wouldnt you think town is more likely to use it?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 15:29 GMT
#666
On March 05 2024 00:26 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 00:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 00:12 iamperfection wrote:
I have been thinking about the whisperer. There is no reason not to claim it immediately if your town no? I think so right? As in I am the whisperer and I whispered so and so.

What does it benefit if you claim it?

Wouldnt you think town is more likely to use it?

Probably yes. I said last game i wouldnt ever use it as mafia so its basically a null point now when people know it gives you "town credit".
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 15:31 GMT
#667
sandroba since you are here what do you think about iamps whisperer thingy?
table for two on a tv tray
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 04 2024 15:32 GMT
#668
On March 05 2024 00:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 00:26 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 00:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 00:12 iamperfection wrote:
I have been thinking about the whisperer. There is no reason not to claim it immediately if your town no? I think so right? As in I am the whisperer and I whispered so and so.

What does it benefit if you claim it?

Wouldnt you think town is more likely to use it?

Probably yes. I said last game i wouldnt ever use it as mafia so its basically a null point now when people know it gives you "town credit".

Not really null you would have to actually use it if your mafia to get the credit. which seems crazy to do imo. Then follow through and preform in the said discord as mafia.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 04 2024 15:33 GMT
#669
Koshi is trying too hard to do his “I’m so town look at me stuff”
No gg, No skill.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 15:35 GMT
#670
On March 05 2024 00:32 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 00:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 00:26 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 00:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 00:12 iamperfection wrote:
I have been thinking about the whisperer. There is no reason not to claim it immediately if your town no? I think so right? As in I am the whisperer and I whispered so and so.

What does it benefit if you claim it?

Wouldnt you think town is more likely to use it?

Probably yes. I said last game i wouldnt ever use it as mafia so its basically a null point now when people know it gives you "town credit".

Not really null you would have to actually use it if your mafia to get the credit. which seems crazy to do imo. Then follow through and preform in the said discord as mafia.

I dont really see much use for it in any case unless you really really believe the other person is town. I mean why would you post reads there and not in thread?
table for two on a tv tray
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 04 2024 15:37 GMT
#671
Vivax continuing to have the conversation on trefels like 4th post and not actually reading what Sandro is saying is scummy
No gg, No skill.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 04 2024 15:38 GMT
#672
On March 05 2024 00:35 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 00:32 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 00:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 00:26 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 00:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 00:12 iamperfection wrote:
I have been thinking about the whisperer. There is no reason not to claim it immediately if your town no? I think so right? As in I am the whisperer and I whispered so and so.

What does it benefit if you claim it?

Wouldnt you think town is more likely to use it?

Probably yes. I said last game i wouldnt ever use it as mafia so its basically a null point now when people know it gives you "town credit".

Not really null you would have to actually use it if your mafia to get the credit. which seems crazy to do imo. Then follow through and preform in the said discord as mafia.

I dont really see much use for it in any case unless you really really believe the other person is town. I mean why would you post reads there and not in thread?

Your basically an unconfirmed mason plus you can then see if the person is online or not and actively ignoring your direct questions.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 04 2024 15:38 GMT
#673
On March 04 2024 23:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 23:20 marvellosity wrote:
On March 04 2024 22:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:15 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:09 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I dont think Cake is town?
I think ytour points 1 and 2 dont make her mafia, which i was kind of arguing. I think your point 3 is alid and it actually can make her mafia.


Well you said my scum read on her was unreasonable so that kind of implied you thought she was town right?

No that doesn't mean that. It was more about my read on you rather than Cake's alignment.


What did it mean about that?

Im gonna answer this and then continue in the same post with other things.

If your read looks unreasonable to me, it might indicate you're mafia. Cake's alignment doesnt matter here at all since its not out of question you would make a shitty scumread even on your partner, just to back off from it later on. Its just that if you make a shitty read, that implicates you being mafia, regardless of the other person's alignment.

I take back my town read on Trfel, i thought i saw something there when i was reading the thread at work but re-reading now that something didn't actually exist. Trfel could very well be mafia.

I am still considering Slam mafia, and it's not a meta read. Sure at first it started as a meta read when he looked more serious and laid back than usual. That can be explained with his rl-situation. However, there should be simply no way he is considering me as his best vote for mayor at the moment.
1) I have openly stated he is my only scumread in the game at that point
2) DP makes points about Cake, Slam calls all of them good points. I disagree with 2/3 of those points, Slam STILL goes like "oh rayn makes very good point" -- both of those things can't be in his head, either DP's points are good or they are not in his opinion, yet he's saying they both are and they aren't.
Furhtermore i don't in any case understand why he is making a list of who he is preferring as mayor in which order. He said before game he would want Hapa for mayor, why doesn't he even wait for Hapa to post while starting to campign "rayn for mayor" when it doesn't even make any sense for him to do so if he is town?

For the uninitiated, why can’t Slam do this as town?

I don't think he can't per se. I just think he wouldn't. Like let's be honest Slam is voting either Hapa, marv or rayn for mayor (unless he has to pick someone else), mostly Hapa.

I can't possibly understand why he makes posts like:
"Liked trfel and now considering voting trfel for mayor"
or
"Second pick is VE, he has some decent logic on why he would lurker lynch."

Is he ever going to actually vote for either of those people for mayor? Especially VE for THAT reasoning? I just don't see the point of putting it like that. It's kind of a townread but still not really.

And i can't possibly understand why he wants me for mayor, why would you EVER want anyone for mayor who wants to lynch you??? Just because i agreed with 2 of his reads like 3 hours into the game?

Good post
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 04 2024 15:39 GMT
#674
On March 05 2024 00:12 iamperfection wrote:
I have been thinking about the whisperer. There is no reason not to claim it immediately if your town no? I think so right? As in I am the whisperer and I whispered so and so.

Claim nearer to EoD I think is better,
Definitely should claim it at some point before night though
No gg, No skill.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 15:39 GMT
#675
Well.

I masoned marv.

There is not much in our chat, we've been brainstorming a little bit. Basically we both think sandroba is town and Vivax' push on him is not scummy, just wrong. That's pretty much all.
table for two on a tv tray
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 04 2024 15:40 GMT
#676
On March 05 2024 00:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
sandroba since you are here what do you think about iamps whisperer thingy?

I don't care, I think a townie will disclose info when he feels it will benefit town. And mafia will disclose when they feel it benefits them. Not worth discussing imo.
I feel like talking about this is an easy subject to feign being pro town/
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 15:41 GMT
#677
On March 04 2024 22:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 22:34 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 04 2024 22:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:15 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:09 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I dont think Cake is town?
I think ytour points 1 and 2 dont make her mafia, which i was kind of arguing. I think your point 3 is alid and it actually can make her mafia.


Well you said my scum read on her was unreasonable so that kind of implied you thought she was town right?

No that doesn't mean that. It was more about my read on you rather than Cake's alignment.


What did it mean about that?

Im gonna answer this and then continue in the same post with other things.

If your read looks unreasonable to me, it might indicate you're mafia. Cake's alignment doesnt matter here at all since its not out of question you would make a shitty scumread even on your partner, just to back off from it later on. Its just that if you make a shitty read, that implicates you being mafia, regardless of the other person's alignment.

I take back my town read on Trfel, i thought i saw something there when i was reading the thread at work but re-reading now that something didn't actually exist. Trfel could very well be mafia.

I am still considering Slam mafia, and it's not a meta read. Sure at first it started as a meta read when he looked more serious and laid back than usual. That can be explained with his rl-situation. However, there should be simply no way he is considering me as his best vote for mayor at the moment.
1) I have openly stated he is my only scumread in the game at that point
2) DP makes points about Cake, Slam calls all of them good points. I disagree with 2/3 of those points, Slam STILL goes like "oh rayn makes very good point" -- both of those things can't be in his head, either DP's points are good or they are not in his opinion, yet he's saying they both are and they aren't.
Furhtermore i don't in any case understand why he is making a list of who he is preferring as mayor in which order. He said before game he would want Hapa for mayor, why doesn't he even wait for Hapa to post while starting to campign "rayn for mayor" when it doesn't even make any sense for him to do so if he is town?

Yes they can.

I can like the same things you did specifically point out, and like that you don't agree with 100%.

Cause that is where I was at.

DP literally said "these things make Cake mafia", and i said "these things don't make Cake mafia".
You can't agree with both.

You excepted his best point.

So yes, I actually can and do.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 15:41 GMT
#678
I think marv is town.
table for two on a tv tray
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 15:42 GMT
#679
On March 05 2024 00:33 Oatsmaster wrote:
Koshi is trying too hard to do his “I’m so town look at me stuff”

Lies and slander

I will be town so you should vote me mayor
I had a good night of sleep.
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 04 2024 15:44 GMT
#680
On March 04 2024 14:43 VisceraEyes wrote:
Good morning everyone. It turns out I'm town for once so I apologize in advance for your own inability to read me and subsequent mislynch of me. I will endeavor to prevent it but I would do that as Mafia too so shrugz0rz.

I am running for mayor on a platform of lynching a lurker of my own choosing that is not subject to towns knowledge or influence.

A vote for VE is a vote for an active town.

Anyone who has posted so far is safe D1, for I am a kind and benevolent Lord.

Catching up on the shitter at work

Any lurkers stick out to you yet?
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 106
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1070
Larva 524
ggaemo 367
Stork 278
Leta 183
PianO 132
Killer 37
Hyuk 29
Bale 26
ZergMaN 20
[ Show more ]
yabsab 18
League of Legends
JimRising 378
Reynor93
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1094
Other Games
summit1g10380
C9.Mang0247
Sick189
Mew2King165
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick559
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream186
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2326
League of Legends
• Stunt1656
• Jankos777
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 35m
Online Event
2h 35m
FEL
7h 35m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 35m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 35m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.