• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:10
CEST 09:10
KST 16:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)29Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8384 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 35

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 555 Next
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 15:44 GMT
#681
On March 04 2024 23:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 23:20 marvellosity wrote:
On March 04 2024 22:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:15 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:09 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I dont think Cake is town?
I think ytour points 1 and 2 dont make her mafia, which i was kind of arguing. I think your point 3 is alid and it actually can make her mafia.


Well you said my scum read on her was unreasonable so that kind of implied you thought she was town right?

No that doesn't mean that. It was more about my read on you rather than Cake's alignment.


What did it mean about that?

Im gonna answer this and then continue in the same post with other things.

If your read looks unreasonable to me, it might indicate you're mafia. Cake's alignment doesnt matter here at all since its not out of question you would make a shitty scumread even on your partner, just to back off from it later on. Its just that if you make a shitty read, that implicates you being mafia, regardless of the other person's alignment.

I take back my town read on Trfel, i thought i saw something there when i was reading the thread at work but re-reading now that something didn't actually exist. Trfel could very well be mafia.

I am still considering Slam mafia, and it's not a meta read. Sure at first it started as a meta read when he looked more serious and laid back than usual. That can be explained with his rl-situation. However, there should be simply no way he is considering me as his best vote for mayor at the moment.
1) I have openly stated he is my only scumread in the game at that point
2) DP makes points about Cake, Slam calls all of them good points. I disagree with 2/3 of those points, Slam STILL goes like "oh rayn makes very good point" -- both of those things can't be in his head, either DP's points are good or they are not in his opinion, yet he's saying they both are and they aren't.
Furhtermore i don't in any case understand why he is making a list of who he is preferring as mayor in which order. He said before game he would want Hapa for mayor, why doesn't he even wait for Hapa to post while starting to campign "rayn for mayor" when it doesn't even make any sense for him to do so if he is town?

For the uninitiated, why can’t Slam do this as town?

I don't think he can't per se. I just think he wouldn't. Like let's be honest Slam is voting either Hapa, marv or rayn for mayor (unless he has to pick someone else), mostly Hapa.

I can't possibly understand why he makes posts like:
"Liked trfel and now considering voting trfel for mayor"
or
"Second pick is VE, he has some decent logic on why he would lurker lynch."

Is he ever going to actually vote for either of those people for mayor? Especially VE for THAT reasoning? I just don't see the point of putting it like that. It's kind of a townread but still not really.

And i can't possibly understand why he wants me for mayor, why would you EVER want anyone for mayor who wants to lynch you??? Just because i agreed with 2 of his reads like 3 hours into the game?

Hapa has said fuck all and I have been lock Rayn for mayor since you posted wtf
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 04 2024 15:44 GMT
#682
On March 05 2024 00:41 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I think marv is town.

Seems like an insane to do imo if you were mafia so I'm gonna say you are likely town. Both mafia for the plays would be pretty cool though but I will dismiss that.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 15:45 GMT
#683
On March 04 2024 23:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 23:20 marvellosity wrote:
On March 04 2024 22:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:15 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:09 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I dont think Cake is town?
I think ytour points 1 and 2 dont make her mafia, which i was kind of arguing. I think your point 3 is alid and it actually can make her mafia.


Well you said my scum read on her was unreasonable so that kind of implied you thought she was town right?

No that doesn't mean that. It was more about my read on you rather than Cake's alignment.


What did it mean about that?

Im gonna answer this and then continue in the same post with other things.

If your read looks unreasonable to me, it might indicate you're mafia. Cake's alignment doesnt matter here at all since its not out of question you would make a shitty scumread even on your partner, just to back off from it later on. Its just that if you make a shitty read, that implicates you being mafia, regardless of the other person's alignment.

I take back my town read on Trfel, i thought i saw something there when i was reading the thread at work but re-reading now that something didn't actually exist. Trfel could very well be mafia.

I am still considering Slam mafia, and it's not a meta read. Sure at first it started as a meta read when he looked more serious and laid back than usual. That can be explained with his rl-situation. However, there should be simply no way he is considering me as his best vote for mayor at the moment.
1) I have openly stated he is my only scumread in the game at that point
2) DP makes points about Cake, Slam calls all of them good points. I disagree with 2/3 of those points, Slam STILL goes like "oh rayn makes very good point" -- both of those things can't be in his head, either DP's points are good or they are not in his opinion, yet he's saying they both are and they aren't.
Furhtermore i don't in any case understand why he is making a list of who he is preferring as mayor in which order. He said before game he would want Hapa for mayor, why doesn't he even wait for Hapa to post while starting to campign "rayn for mayor" when it doesn't even make any sense for him to do so if he is town?

For the uninitiated, why can’t Slam do this as town?

I don't think he can't per se. I just think he wouldn't. Like let's be honest Slam is voting either Hapa, marv or rayn for mayor (unless he has to pick someone else), mostly Hapa.

I can't possibly understand why he makes posts like:
"Liked trfel and now considering voting trfel for mayor"
or
"Second pick is VE, he has some decent logic on why he would lurker lynch."

Is he ever going to actually vote for either of those people for mayor? Especially VE for THAT reasoning? I just don't see the point of putting it like that. It's kind of a townread but still not really.

And i can't possibly understand why he wants me for mayor, why would you EVER want anyone for mayor who wants to lynch you??? Just because i agreed with 2 of his reads like 3 hours into the game?

And I want to see you lynch the cop
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 04 2024 15:45 GMT
#684
On March 04 2024 14:53 ToTheStars wrote:
Read pages 8/9/10 only

Vote: trfel

Terrible post, care to explain this read?
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 04 2024 15:45 GMT
#685
On March 05 2024 00:39 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Well.

I masoned marv.

There is not much in our chat, we've been brainstorming a little bit. Basically we both think sandroba is town and Vivax' push on him is not scummy, just wrong. That's pretty much all.

thoughts on Marv then?
No gg, No skill.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 15:45 GMT
#686
On March 05 2024 00:44 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 00:41 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I think marv is town.

Seems like an insane to do imo if you were mafia so I'm gonna say you are likely town. Both mafia for the plays would be pretty cool though but I will dismiss that.

he said the same thing :D
table for two on a tv tray
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 04 2024 15:46 GMT
#687
On March 05 2024 00:42 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 00:33 Oatsmaster wrote:
Koshi is trying too hard to do his “I’m so town look at me stuff”

Lies and slander

I will be town so you should vote me mayor

Okay so clearly you are reading, any thoughts pertaining to the game at all?
No gg, No skill.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 15:46 GMT
#688
On March 05 2024 00:12 iamperfection wrote:
I have been thinking about the whisperer. There is no reason not to claim it immediately if your town no? I think so right? As in I am the whisperer and I whispered so and so.

Scum can't use that?

But I am inclined to agree.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 04 2024 15:47 GMT
#689
##mayor oats
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 04 2024 15:48 GMT
#690
Oh nvm rayn I saw what you said
No gg, No skill.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 04 2024 15:48 GMT
#691
Thinking we should probably just mayor rayn. Marv your thoughts?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 04 2024 15:49 GMT
#692
Feel free to vote for me as mayor. There are lots of reasons why I'm a good choice:
- I will lynch my scum read, which historically has a higher likelihood than the town collective choice of hitting mafia
- I will identify people who are good and town and will listen to them, I'm not married to my reads and I'm willing to concede when people I trust are convincing
- My reads will get more accurate as the game goes along, so keeping me alive is good e.v.
- I have been historically easy to identify and lynch as mafia
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 15:50 GMT
#693
I think it's a good idea. I have morning shift this week so i can be around ~1h before deadline -> deadline as well.
table for two on a tv tray
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 04 2024 15:51 GMT
#694
On March 04 2024 15:36 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 15:34 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 15:33 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 15:31 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 15:31 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 15:28 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 04 2024 15:20 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 15:18 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 04 2024 15:12 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:58 Alakaslam wrote:
[quote]
How was
T.h.i.s. important
C
A
K
E
?



I have a bitterness not against cake indeed! I shall become foul.


????

What do you mean Mr Darcy?

Nay, I am just Saitama at best

Wickham at worst.


Oh shit that is sooooo bad, I like Mr. Bingley.

Well, Heyoka or whoever does it now was too slow

So I must be Alakaslam

Which is much closer to uncle. . . What was David Balfour's uncle's name?

Or maybe Captian Hoseason.


The uncle is a cool guy, totally fits you 👏🏼🥂 I honestly forgot the name too 🤣 I am a fan of the Keira Knightley movie.


Stop avoiding my question.




I am not avoiding?

My towncircle is obs dumb and truffle


Why are they town?


Ok mr. Fakey pretending to solve the game

Why am i mafia or why am i town?

Who is town and who is mafia?

I've absolutely hated the last two pages from cake. She blatantly avoided DP to the point where he had to ask 3 times. This is much better from DP compared to the shit with Oats in the beginning and throws an immediate red flag for Cake in my eyes.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 04 2024 15:51 GMT
#695
On March 04 2024 15:37 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 15:36 Alakaslam wrote:
Oats and DP scum for scraping the bottom of the barrel?

Do either of you even have mayor picks of your own?

This is why I prefer Rayn, on like 5 posts, to either of you.


Yeesh.

Tothesky is some dude I have never seen before.


Idk, I give Oats a pass for being new here? And not knowing the oh so called meta?

Darth on the other hand, feels odd.

Oats is definitely not new.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 04 2024 15:52 GMT
#696
On March 04 2024 15:42 DarthPunk wrote:
God getting answers from cake is like pulling teeth.

No reason for town to play so cagey, especially D1
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 04 2024 15:52 GMT
#697
I currently think rayn is town and he would be a good choice for mayor as well. However, rayn is much better scum than me. Also marv which I lean null atm has masoned me and wants to to get behind rayn. Which there is a fair town motivation to do, but also gives rise to some conspiracies in my head. Thus I think I'm the better, safer choice.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 15:53 GMT
#698
I wonder if it literally goes unnoticed. I guarantee mafia saw it.

Tell me what the fuck has been different before I outed the rope that I think is kinda shit anyway to not get pants on headed?

Rayn be better when you are mayored.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 04 2024 15:53 GMT
#699
On March 04 2024 15:43 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 15:38 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 15:38 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 15:37 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 15:36 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 15:34 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 15:33 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 15:31 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 15:31 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 15:28 Alakaslam wrote:
[quote]
Well, Heyoka or whoever does it now was too slow

So I must be Alakaslam

Which is much closer to uncle. . . What was David Balfour's uncle's name?

Or maybe Captian Hoseason.


The uncle is a cool guy, totally fits you 👏🏼🥂 I honestly forgot the name too 🤣 I am a fan of the Keira Knightley movie.


Stop avoiding my question.




I am not avoiding?

My towncircle is obs dumb and truffle


Why are they town?


Ok mr. Fakey pretending to solve the game

Why am i mafia or why am i town?

Who is town and who is mafia?


Answer my question and then I will answer yours.


Which ones I ignored?




Why did you think DMB and Trfel were town when you invited them to the tea party?


I liked Dumb calling out how different you are playing here, the lack of macho bravado. She is flowing on her own.

Trfl is the same, composed and trying to answer, giving different perspectives. Besides last game he was insane with his reads so he gets invited.

Although I actually agree with her reasoning here. I just hate how it feels like it took her time after the fact to come up with reasons since it took her so long to answer so it feels a bit disingenuous.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 04 2024 15:56 GMT
#700
On March 04 2024 16:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
It's very easy to follow Cake's thought process on your "problem" with her. If she is mafia, your reasoning is definitely not why she is mafia. It's not her problem if you didn't understand she called Trfel and DMB town, hell i can even easily follow her reasoning. Just because she is being abrasive towards you (or you think so) doesn't make her mafia.

Slam has actually posted some scummy shit which i will come back to later. Also his town meta imo contradicts heavily his MO this game, yet you are somehow unwilling to make any conclusion about his alignment so far.

I hope you come back to the slam point later in the thread bc right now I disagree with your meta read. I pretty consistently say I can't read slam but I feel like after last game I was getting better at it. Granted that was 9 months ago.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1395
910 88
Bale 41
Aegong 24
ZergMaN 20
Noble 14
yabsab 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Fuzer 80
League of Legends
JimRising 579
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King270
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1380
Other Games
summit1g8851
PiGStarcraft389
ceh9368
Sick160
Happy156
olofmeister116
ArmadaUGS109
Livibee92
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick579
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream263
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 11
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2338
League of Legends
• Rush1382
• Lourlo1252
• Stunt487
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 51m
OSC
5h 51m
Stellar Fest
5h 51m
OSC
16h 51m
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.