• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:01
CEST 18:01
KST 01:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7175 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 45

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 82 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:36 GMT
#881
i am gonna be here for an hour more and i am gonna be really mad if at least hapa doesnt talk to me like now.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:37 GMT
#882
On November 30 2020 08:35 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 08:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
i want you guys to explanin (hapa and trfel) why this game has 50% of the townies blue?


Because if this exact scenario.

A "normally" balanced Mini is usually 3 mislynches = loss.

With the "evil mastermind" in the setup, 2 mislynches = loss.

Town needs a fuckton of help in this seutp.

i think 2 blues and a confirmed town in bg is already enough.

Now why am i mafia?
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:37 GMT
#883
Just run some scenarios in your head about what happens if we don't lynch mafia or 3p on D1. It's not that hard to see how town basically rolls over and dies without some serious blue help.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:39 GMT
#884
and mad hatter is gonna do that? you get recruited by grack it's gg basically
table for two on a tv tray
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 23:39 GMT
#885
On November 30 2020 08:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Trfel - talk to me about this "you or me" thing. Why does one of us have to be mafia?

Obviously throw out everything I'm about to say if we have another blue claim, but 2 mafia + Evil Mastermind is a fucking disaster for town without a lot of blue-role backup. In my view, you're confirmed town with FF.
Yes, I agree that that is a terrible setup for town. And honestly, this is where things get complicated for me with the whole setup thing.

2 mafia, 1 evil mastermind, 7 town seems like a really rough setup. However, the bodyguard also confirms a town. Going down to 6 town when (presumably) the evil mastermind recruits a town, if all of us are blue you are saying that 4/6 town in the game are confirmed? Three blues and a bodyguard? That seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I agree that maybe that's actually more balanced... it just feels excessive? I've only ever seen three blues in a non-mason game once before I think, mayyyybe twice... but last time it happened, I think we would have been more likely to win the game if it wasn't for having three blues because that made one of the blues doubt the alignment of another.

I guess it's not for sure but it seems likely, setup-wise? Because that would be so many confirmed town. Also, in a setup with so much KP, would they really put more KP in the game? I would have maybe expected another doctor or something to try and gain town an extra mislynch, but more KP seems strange.

I dunno for sure. I feel like you are towny otherwise, I looked through your filter and I don't see good reasons to call you mafia... But it's really really hard for me to see four confirmed town in a 10-player game.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:40 GMT
#886
On November 30 2020 08:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 08:35 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 30 2020 08:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
i want you guys to explanin (hapa and trfel) why this game has 50% of the townies blue?


Because if this exact scenario.

A "normally" balanced Mini is usually 3 mislynches = loss.

With the "evil mastermind" in the setup, 2 mislynches = loss.

Town needs a fuckton of help in this seutp.

i think 2 blues and a confirmed town in bg is already enough.

Now why am i mafia?


In my mind, it's you, TT, or Vivax.

Of the three, I am probably the most confident in Vivax being mafia.

I have to sit down and read you and TT, and I will likely not have thoughts until a very deep readthrough. A readthrough that I won't do right this second, because talking with you and Trfel is the priority.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:41 GMT
#887
On November 30 2020 08:39 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 08:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Trfel - talk to me about this "you or me" thing. Why does one of us have to be mafia?

Obviously throw out everything I'm about to say if we have another blue claim, but 2 mafia + Evil Mastermind is a fucking disaster for town without a lot of blue-role backup. In my view, you're confirmed town with FF.
Yes, I agree that that is a terrible setup for town. And honestly, this is where things get complicated for me with the whole setup thing.

2 mafia, 1 evil mastermind, 7 town seems like a really rough setup. However, the bodyguard also confirms a town. Going down to 6 town when (presumably) the evil mastermind recruits a town, if all of us are blue you are saying that 4/6 town in the game are confirmed? Three blues and a bodyguard? That seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I agree that maybe that's actually more balanced... it just feels excessive? I've only ever seen three blues in a non-mason game once before I think, mayyyybe twice... but last time it happened, I think we would have been more likely to win the game if it wasn't for having three blues because that made one of the blues doubt the alignment of another.

I guess it's not for sure but it seems likely, setup-wise? Because that would be so many confirmed town. Also, in a setup with so much KP, would they really put more KP in the game? I would have maybe expected another doctor or something to try and gain town an extra mislynch, but more KP seems strange.

I dunno for sure. I feel like you are towny otherwise, I looked through your filter and I don't see good reasons to call you mafia... But it's really really hard for me to see four confirmed town in a 10-player game.


Thing is, you are forgetting about the Evil Mastermind, and how much that fucks town if a blue is recruited.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:42 GMT
#888
On November 30 2020 08:40 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 08:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 30 2020 08:35 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 30 2020 08:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
i want you guys to explanin (hapa and trfel) why this game has 50% of the townies blue?


Because if this exact scenario.

A "normally" balanced Mini is usually 3 mislynches = loss.

With the "evil mastermind" in the setup, 2 mislynches = loss.

Town needs a fuckton of help in this seutp.

i think 2 blues and a confirmed town in bg is already enough.

Now why am i mafia?


In my mind, it's you, TT, or Vivax.

Of the three, I am probably the most confident in Vivax being mafia.

I have to sit down and read you and TT, and I will likely not have thoughts until a very deep readthrough. A readthrough that I won't do right this second, because talking with you and Trfel is the priority.

But you said it's me and Vivax most likely? Like i know you prolly have vivax as your top scum but hah....
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:42 GMT
#889
3 blues is certainly a town "buff".

But is also a 3p buff.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:42 GMT
#890
On November 30 2020 08:41 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 08:39 Trfel wrote:
On November 30 2020 08:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Trfel - talk to me about this "you or me" thing. Why does one of us have to be mafia?

Obviously throw out everything I'm about to say if we have another blue claim, but 2 mafia + Evil Mastermind is a fucking disaster for town without a lot of blue-role backup. In my view, you're confirmed town with FF.
Yes, I agree that that is a terrible setup for town. And honestly, this is where things get complicated for me with the whole setup thing.

2 mafia, 1 evil mastermind, 7 town seems like a really rough setup. However, the bodyguard also confirms a town. Going down to 6 town when (presumably) the evil mastermind recruits a town, if all of us are blue you are saying that 4/6 town in the game are confirmed? Three blues and a bodyguard? That seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I agree that maybe that's actually more balanced... it just feels excessive? I've only ever seen three blues in a non-mason game once before I think, mayyyybe twice... but last time it happened, I think we would have been more likely to win the game if it wasn't for having three blues because that made one of the blues doubt the alignment of another.

I guess it's not for sure but it seems likely, setup-wise? Because that would be so many confirmed town. Also, in a setup with so much KP, would they really put more KP in the game? I would have maybe expected another doctor or something to try and gain town an extra mislynch, but more KP seems strange.

I dunno for sure. I feel like you are towny otherwise, I looked through your filter and I don't see good reasons to call you mafia... But it's really really hard for me to see four confirmed town in a 10-player game.


Thing is, you are forgetting about the Evil Mastermind, and how much that fucks town if a blue is recruited.

MY POINT EXACTLY; WHY YOU CLAIM STINKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
table for two on a tv tray
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 29 2020 23:42 GMT
#891
What is wrong with me removing Hapa from my PoE due to being an UnCC'd blue role yet still speculating the possibility of him being mafia?

In other news Sho is a weird kill... not totally sure what I make of it yet but seems like that points to Hapa being scum to me. I say that as I feel like a Sho kill indicates mafia was blue hunting.

As I assume we should have All claims happen today, I am VT.

And I will be decently happy if my yolo scum team D1 is correct.
I can take that responsibility.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:43 GMT
#892
What is your yolo scum tem D1?
table for two on a tv tray
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 23:44 GMT
#893
It's an interesting setup for sure, and one that (in this case) makes for a fun and interesting game... but I don't think it's a good setup for future games. It's just so swingy, and I think this game working out okay relied on the exact perfect lynch Day 1.

I guess the fact that it's already such a weird setup makes me slightly hesitant to try and make reads off of setup things? It's usually correct but also sometimes it can lead to games being lost... like the game that had two town jailkeepers or whatever it was (Palmar and Blazinghand I believe), it required host intervention to stop town from lynching both in succession.

But it still just seems like so much confirmed town.......
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:45 GMT
#894
On November 30 2020 08:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 08:40 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 30 2020 08:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 30 2020 08:35 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 30 2020 08:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
i want you guys to explanin (hapa and trfel) why this game has 50% of the townies blue?


Because if this exact scenario.

A "normally" balanced Mini is usually 3 mislynches = loss.

With the "evil mastermind" in the setup, 2 mislynches = loss.

Town needs a fuckton of help in this seutp.

i think 2 blues and a confirmed town in bg is already enough.

Now why am i mafia?


In my mind, it's you, TT, or Vivax.

Of the three, I am probably the most confident in Vivax being mafia.

I have to sit down and read you and TT, and I will likely not have thoughts until a very deep readthrough. A readthrough that I won't do right this second, because talking with you and Trfel is the priority.

But you said it's me and Vivax most likely? Like i know you prolly have vivax as your top scum but hah....


Rayn, you are too good of a player for me to point at anything specific in your filter to find a scumslip. That is not a realistic way of how I am going to catch you. And even if there is something "suspicious", it's not like there's a way to argue against it. You're a good scum player, and I respect that.

But my sense of your play is twofold:
1) You have been more "passive" than normal. I have had the "luck" of being able to really easily town read you based on your "rage" in the last two games I've played with you, and I do not have that luxury this game.
2) Nothing that you are doing is out of the scope of your scumplay.

Fuck, I can even come up with good reasons against why my reads don't hold water, so you don't have to do it for me. But right now, we're in process of elimination territory.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 23:46 GMT
#895
On November 30 2020 08:42 Tictock wrote:
What is wrong with me removing Hapa from my PoE due to being an UnCC'd blue role yet still speculating the possibility of him being mafia?

In other news Sho is a weird kill... not totally sure what I make of it yet but seems like that points to Hapa being scum to me. I say that as I feel like a Sho kill indicates mafia was blue hunting.

As I assume we should have All claims happen today, I am VT.

And I will be decently happy if my yolo scum team D1 is correct.
I guess it's whatever if you don't see anything wrong with it, to me a POE means you're pretty darn sure everyone else is town though?
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:46 GMT
#896
##vote hapahauli
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:47 GMT
#897
On November 30 2020 08:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 08:41 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 30 2020 08:39 Trfel wrote:
On November 30 2020 08:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Trfel - talk to me about this "you or me" thing. Why does one of us have to be mafia?

Obviously throw out everything I'm about to say if we have another blue claim, but 2 mafia + Evil Mastermind is a fucking disaster for town without a lot of blue-role backup. In my view, you're confirmed town with FF.
Yes, I agree that that is a terrible setup for town. And honestly, this is where things get complicated for me with the whole setup thing.

2 mafia, 1 evil mastermind, 7 town seems like a really rough setup. However, the bodyguard also confirms a town. Going down to 6 town when (presumably) the evil mastermind recruits a town, if all of us are blue you are saying that 4/6 town in the game are confirmed? Three blues and a bodyguard? That seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I agree that maybe that's actually more balanced... it just feels excessive? I've only ever seen three blues in a non-mason game once before I think, mayyyybe twice... but last time it happened, I think we would have been more likely to win the game if it wasn't for having three blues because that made one of the blues doubt the alignment of another.

I guess it's not for sure but it seems likely, setup-wise? Because that would be so many confirmed town. Also, in a setup with so much KP, would they really put more KP in the game? I would have maybe expected another doctor or something to try and gain town an extra mislynch, but more KP seems strange.

I dunno for sure. I feel like you are towny otherwise, I looked through your filter and I don't see good reasons to call you mafia... But it's really really hard for me to see four confirmed town in a 10-player game.


Thing is, you are forgetting about the Evil Mastermind, and how much that fucks town if a blue is recruited.

MY POINT EXACTLY; WHY YOU CLAIM STINKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!


Then why didn't you vote me yesterday? I all but claimed in my posting after my roleblock claim fiasco that I was a Mad Hatter. This should have been apparent to you then.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:48 GMT
#898
And I know you aren't stupid enough not to pick up on that.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 29 2020 23:48 GMT
#899
On November 30 2020 07:59 Hapahauli wrote:
Ooooh interesting.

I am a Mad Hatter. My intent in playing as I did (not running for mayor) was to have a chance of using my role. I targeted Vivax N1 (roleblocked) on the basis of my scumread. I targeted Shockeyy N2, in that if I was killed, I would rather leave town in a position where they had to worry about one less lurker. Plus, if I take someone down with me (even if my read is incorrect), it's still LYLO as opposed to MYLO.

I do not think Trfel's claim necessarily makes him mafia. I'm also not sure why someone else being roleblocked tonight would confirm "one of me or Trfel" as mafia.

More thoughts when I'm home tonight.


Why would mafia leave you alive after you claimed?

Like if I try and look at a world where both of you are town, then mafia is going "why did this guy claim rb" D2 and yet somehow they decide to RB Trfel and Shoot Sho last Night? That makes no sense
I can take that responsibility.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:48 GMT
#900
On November 30 2020 08:48 Hapahauli wrote:
And I know you aren't stupid enough not to pick up on that.

huh?where was your claim?
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
SteadfastSC 136
Rex 46
UpATreeSC 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34587
Calm 3412
Shuttle 2272
Jaedong 1759
Mini 625
Horang2 623
EffOrt 501
Stork 317
Soma 316
Rush 282
[ Show more ]
Larva 256
Soulkey 254
ZerO 219
BeSt 207
Snow 162
firebathero 109
Mong 106
Zeus 96
910 78
hero 77
Mind 67
sorry 52
Hyun 42
Free 38
Shinee 38
Sharp 35
ToSsGirL 28
Shine 26
PianO 25
Killer 24
Aegong 23
JYJ 21
Terrorterran 21
Bale 19
Sexy 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Trap 14
Rock 12
Sacsri 12
HiyA 12
Hm[arnc] 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5693
Dendi1231
420jenkins228
Counter-Strike
fl0m3787
x6flipin640
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
ChuDatz31
Other Games
singsing2146
Liquid`RaSZi1222
hiko655
B2W.Neo647
dupreeh511
ceh9345
RotterdaM319
crisheroes305
Khaldor291
Livibee196
TKL 175
QueenE106
Trikslyr97
Dewaltoss62
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV253
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH293
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3212
• WagamamaTV427
League of Legends
• Nemesis2621
Other Games
• Shiphtur753
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 59m
INu's Battles
18h 59m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
20h 59m
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.