• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:06
CEST 03:06
KST 10:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6325 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 47

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 82 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 00:08 GMT
#921
On November 30 2020 09:01 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 08:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Trfel - talk to me about this "you or me" thing. Why does one of us have to be mafia?

Obviously throw out everything I'm about to say if we have another blue claim, but 2 mafia + Evil Mastermind is a fucking disaster for town without a lot of blue-role backup. In my view, you're confirmed town with FF.


You are not considering Mayor/Pardoner/Bodyguard as town favored balancing.


This is a fair point. Bodyguard is a +town thing.

I don't know much about balancing with 3P but EM isn't that strong of a role that I think town needs 3 blues.


Incorrect. Think about this: EM can recruit the fucking mayor. I didn't see any rule against that. Do you realize how insane that is?

Also giving town a hatter to compensate 3P KP doesn't make much sense to me as that seems like it would make the game even harder for town.


Also incorrect. Consider the situation that we are in: me killing a fellow townie (in the event that I got shot) does not at all change how many mislynches the town is allowed.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 30 2020 00:09 GMT
#922
So Hapahauli....

After you claimed blue, why do you think mafia didn't kill you and also didn't roleblock you?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 00:10 GMT
#923
I think it was very easily deduced from my posting about what blue role I was.

As for why I wasn't killed, two plausible reasons:
1) I basically afk'd for 3 days.
2) Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:13 GMT
#924
On November 30 2020 09:10 Hapahauli wrote:
I think it was very easily deduced from my posting about what blue role I was.

As for why I wasn't killed, two plausible reasons:
1) I basically afk'd for 3 days.
2) Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)?

1) doesnt mean anything
2) but you would not kill vivax since you were you know rb N1?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:14 GMT
#925
##vote hapahauli
table for two on a tv tray
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 30 2020 00:14 GMT
#926
On November 30 2020 09:08 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 09:01 Tictock wrote:
On November 30 2020 08:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Trfel - talk to me about this "you or me" thing. Why does one of us have to be mafia?

Obviously throw out everything I'm about to say if we have another blue claim, but 2 mafia + Evil Mastermind is a fucking disaster for town without a lot of blue-role backup. In my view, you're confirmed town with FF.


You are not considering Mayor/Pardoner/Bodyguard as town favored balancing.


This is a fair point. Bodyguard is a +town thing.

Show nested quote +
I don't know much about balancing with 3P but EM isn't that strong of a role that I think town needs 3 blues.


Incorrect. Think about this: EM can recruit the fucking mayor. I didn't see any rule against that. Do you realize how insane that is?

Show nested quote +
Also giving town a hatter to compensate 3P KP doesn't make much sense to me as that seems like it would make the game even harder for town.


Also incorrect. Consider the situation that we are in: me killing a fellow townie (in the event that I got shot) does not at all change how many mislynches the town is allowed.


I am considering a position where where did not kill EM at the start and there is suppendly 4 deaths in a night. That is not balanced.
I can take that responsibility.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:14 GMT
#927
that's it boys.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:15 GMT
#928
On November 30 2020 09:10 Hapahauli wrote:
2) Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)?

On November 30 2020 09:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
2) but you would not kill vivax since you were you know rb N1?

table for two on a tv tray
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 30 2020 00:16 GMT
#929
On November 30 2020 09:10 Hapahauli wrote:
I think it was very easily deduced from my posting about what blue role I was.

As for why I wasn't killed, two plausible reasons:
1) I basically afk'd for 3 days.
2) Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)?
As for point 2, that requires mafia being extremely smart.... I don't know if mafia is that smart

I suppose they could have assumed that I would jailkeep you again, thus roleblocking you, but that seems risky.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 30 2020 00:19 GMT
#930
Err wait I guess 3 kills in a night would be the most possible in that hypothetical. Still though...

Voted Hapa

I have a really hard time seeing Rayn being mafia in this and Trfel would be playing his heart out if he is mafia here, and I don't think he would have to try this hard if that were so.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 30 2020 00:24 GMT
#931
On November 30 2020 09:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 09:10 Hapahauli wrote:
2) Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)?

Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 09:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
2) but you would not kill vivax since you were you know rb N1?



Solid.

Really doesn't make sense for mafia to leave an UnCC'd blue alive and not RB him.
I can take that responsibility.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:24 GMT
#932
hapa said he targeted vivax N1 and then said why would mafia kill me if i am gonna take mafia with me, he was roleblocked as per his words N1 so there is no vivax anyways.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:28 GMT
#933
NOW HE IS ACTUALLY MAFIA AND DONT FUCKING DARE TO TELL JOKES ABOUT PEOPLE AS YOU DID LAST DAY OK?
table for two on a tv tray
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 30 2020 00:30 GMT
#934
On November 30 2020 09:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
hapa said he targeted vivax N1 and then said why would mafia kill me if i am gonna take mafia with me, he was roleblocked as per his words N1 so there is no vivax anyways.


Right, even if as Hapa says that mafia figured he was a Hatter then they would know he hasn't placed any bombs so why not kill the unCC'd blue.

I assumed you were responding to my post.
I can take that responsibility.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:31 GMT
#935
On November 30 2020 09:10 Hapahauli wrote:
I think it was very easily deduced from my posting about what blue role I was.

As for why I wasn't killed, two plausible reasons:
1) I basically afk'd for 3 days.
2) Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)?


Literally, whywould youbelieve you have a bomb on someone if you were rb'd N1?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:35 GMT
#936
On November 30 2020 09:30 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 09:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
hapa said he targeted vivax N1 and then said why would mafia kill me if i am gonna take mafia with me, he was roleblocked as per his words N1 so there is no vivax anyways.


Right, even if as Hapa says that mafia figured he was a Hatter then they would know he hasn't placed any bombs so why not kill the unCC'd blue.

I assumed you were responding to my post.

Hapa was roleblocked N1 as per his words.
N2 he did shockeyy

D3 he claims that "why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)?" But he was roleblocked and he knows it right? There is no kill on vivax ever because the bomb is not there and he knows it.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:37 GMT
#937
i dont care if hapa placed bombs or not or if mafia did what the fuck ever but hapa claimed mafia doesnt want to kill him because he has a bomb on mafia!vivax and it is a lie.
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 00:37 GMT
#938
On November 30 2020 09:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 09:10 Hapahauli wrote:
I think it was very easily deduced from my posting about what blue role I was.

As for why I wasn't killed, two plausible reasons:
1) I basically afk'd for 3 days.
2) Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)?


Literally, whywould youbelieve you have a bomb on someone if you were rb'd N1?


You are making way too many assumptions into what I am saying.

I didn't believe that I had a "bomb" on Vivax. Nowhere do I state that, beyond saying that I targeted him on N1 and was roleblocked.

If mafia chooses not to roleblock me on N2, they are not going to shoot me, because from their perspective, I am still fairly likely (given my filter) to bomb Vivax, who I believe is mafia.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:38 GMT
#939
hapa never ever has a bomb on vivax 100%
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:39 GMT
#940
On November 30 2020 09:37 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 09:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 30 2020 09:10 Hapahauli wrote:
I think it was very easily deduced from my posting about what blue role I was.

As for why I wasn't killed, two plausible reasons:
1) I basically afk'd for 3 days.
2) Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)?


Literally, whywould youbelieve you have a bomb on someone if you were rb'd N1?


You are making way too many assumptions into what I am saying.

I didn't believe that I had a "bomb" on Vivax. Nowhere do I state that, beyond saying that I targeted him on N1 and was roleblocked.

If mafia chooses not to roleblock me on N2, they are not going to shoot me, because from their perspective, I am still fairly likely (given my filter) to bomb Vivax, who I believe is mafia.

I ma not making assuptions i am just reading your filter ansd posts.
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 212
ProTech151
ViBE128
Nathanias 79
RuFF_SC2 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15654
Rain 1534
GuemChi 905
Artosis 700
Bale 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever480
Counter-Strike
taco 126
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1026
Mew2King100
Other Games
summit1g7171
JimRising 483
WinterStarcraft474
C9.Mang0342
Trikslyr58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• davetesta24
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra546
• Shiphtur437
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 55m
INu's Battles
9h 55m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 55m
OSC
21h 10m
Replay Cast
21h 55m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.