• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:32
CEST 21:32
KST 04:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11195 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 49

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 82 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 01:02 GMT
#961
On November 30 2020 09:48 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 09:46 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 30 2020 09:43 Tictock wrote:
On November 30 2020 09:37 Hapahauli wrote:

If mafia chooses not to roleblock me on N2, they are not going to shoot me, because from their perspective, I am still fairly likely (given my filter) to bomb Vivax, who I believe is mafia.


So you agree that mafia should have RB and Killed you?


I believe mafia had two reasonable plays:
1) They can RB/Kill me if they think I am difficult to lynch in MYLO;
2) If they think I'm not a "dangerous" blue role, they can try to snipe the bodyguard or another blue role.

Mafia know that I was JK'd N1. Would they risk shooting me knowing that I am a target for protection? I think not, but you be the judge.

Do you think mafia has no rb?


If Trfel was RB'd, the most likely explanation is mafia RB.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 01:03 GMT
#962
Let me think for a while-
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 01:09 GMT
#963
2) It was confirmed that I was JK'd Night 1.

why?

A mafia team (that doesn't include me) may feel very skittish about shooting into a target that was confirmed "saved" on N1, especially since the consequence of missing the shot means that town gets an extra mislynch. THIS IS PROBABLY WHY SHOCKEYY WAS SHOT, because there is no chance of him being saved.
3) If Vivax is mafia and mafia believes I'm a Mad Hatter, it's risky, since I spend a good majority of my filter attacking Vivax.

Okay, so why does a team of me and Vivax shoot shockeyy?

3) Why is it risky? I mean to shoot you or whatever if you were JK'd N1? I dont get it, mafia doesnt know if you were jailed N1 or not but they still do the opposite they should regarding to you?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 01:13 GMT
#964
i am prolly really bad this game but i thought jock made the N1 kill and i was hesitant to shit on you guys... It was pretty much a jock nk, this doesnt seem like hapa kill but he he has to be mafia. he just has to. no way he is where he is. lynch me if you dont think he is mafia. i dont care i just care about being right or wrong.
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 01:15 GMT
#965
On November 30 2020 10:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
2) It was confirmed that I was JK'd Night 1.

why?


I am running under the assumption that Trfel is town. And if Trfel is town, I was JK'd.

Very strongly believe that I was JK'd night 1 is more accurate. Or basically confirmed in my mind anyway.

Show nested quote +
A mafia team (that doesn't include me) may feel very skittish about shooting into a target that was confirmed "saved" on N1, especially since the consequence of missing the shot means that town gets an extra mislynch. THIS IS PROBABLY WHY SHOCKEYY WAS SHOT, because there is no chance of him being saved.
3) If Vivax is mafia and mafia believes I'm a Mad Hatter, it's risky, since I spend a good majority of my filter attacking Vivax.

Okay, so why does a team of me and Vivax shoot shockeyy?

3) Why is it risky? I mean to shoot you or whatever if you were JK'd N1? I dont get it, mafia doesnt know if you were jailed N1 or not but they still do the opposite they should regarding to you?


You can project whatever feelings and thoughts onto a "mafia" team that you want, but ultimately, Shockeyy was shot. Have you thought about what that means regarding the game dynamic?

Mafia basically shot a lurker who could have been a mislynch target today. (Frankly, that may completely exonerate you as mafia, because I don't think you would ever make that shot now that I think about it).

So what does mafia have to believe or feel to shoot Shockeyy? They have to be super confident on a blue snipe, or super scared about missing.

Option 1 is plausible. Option 2 is also plausible, since like I said before, if their shot is blocked, town gets an additional lynch, which is super powerful with a town bodyguard floating around with the ability to confirm himself town.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 01:16 GMT
#966
up tp you, and i guess it's me against hapa since whatever it would be.

goodluck scummer piece of shit!
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 01:16 GMT
#967
On November 30 2020 10:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
i am prolly really bad this game but i thought jock made the N1 kill and i was hesitant to shit on you guys... It was pretty much a jock nk, this doesnt seem like hapa kill but he he has to be mafia. he just has to. no way he is where he is. lynch me if you dont think he is mafia. i dont care i just care about being right or wrong.


What the fuck are you smoking or actually talking about? Jock NK? The fuck?

Where is iamperfection when I need him?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 01:17 GMT
#968
On November 30 2020 10:16 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 10:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
i am prolly really bad this game but i thought jock made the N1 kill and i was hesitant to shit on you guys... It was pretty much a jock nk, this doesnt seem like hapa kill but he he has to be mafia. he just has to. no way he is where he is. lynch me if you dont think he is mafia. i dont care i just care about being right or wrong.


What the fuck are you smoking or actually talking about? Jock NK? The fuck?

Where is iamperfection when I need him?

I thought jock made the kill on slam at first.
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 01:18 GMT
#969
On November 30 2020 10:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 10:16 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 30 2020 10:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
i am prolly really bad this game but i thought jock made the N1 kill and i was hesitant to shit on you guys... It was pretty much a jock nk, this doesnt seem like hapa kill but he he has to be mafia. he just has to. no way he is where he is. lynch me if you dont think he is mafia. i dont care i just care about being right or wrong.


What the fuck are you smoking or actually talking about? Jock NK? The fuck?

Where is iamperfection when I need him?

I thought jock made the kill on slam at first.


WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 01:18 GMT
#970
i thought i wasnt good at english but i thought that was quite clear.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 01:19 GMT
#971
On November 30 2020 10:18 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 10:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 30 2020 10:16 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 30 2020 10:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
i am prolly really bad this game but i thought jock made the N1 kill and i was hesitant to shit on you guys... It was pretty much a jock nk, this doesnt seem like hapa kill but he he has to be mafia. he just has to. no way he is where he is. lynch me if you dont think he is mafia. i dont care i just care about being right or wrong.


What the fuck are you smoking or actually talking about? Jock NK? The fuck?

Where is iamperfection when I need him?

I thought jock made the kill on slam at first.


WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

nothing much.
i could use iamp aswell here, at least he can tell if i am mafia or not.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 01:20 GMT
#972
so aside wrom your rage did i shoot shockeyy or not?
table for two on a tv tray
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 30 2020 01:21 GMT
#973
On November 30 2020 09:46 Hapahauli wrote:

Mafia know that I was JK'd N1. Would they risk shooting me knowing that I am a target for protection? I think not, but you be the judge.


Humm I suppose this is a fair point.

Though it means it was a really bad idea for you to make it so obviuse what your role was.

Which is actually your pov here, I never would have taken that post you quoted as a soft claim for hatter .
I can take that responsibility.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 01:22 GMT
#974
Look. We're not doing this stupid "binary lynch" stuff. There is enough of a chance that we're TvT that I'm not going down that road.

I'm here, willing and able to talk. We can have a productive conversation, but please, please consolidate your thoughts. This will not be productive if I'm answering a string of random one-lined thoughts and questions.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 01:22 GMT
#975
How does mafia know that TT?
table for two on a tv tray
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 30 2020 01:23 GMT
#976
Humm I might not have thought that fully through.
I can take that responsibility.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 01:23 GMT
#977
On November 30 2020 10:20 raynpelikoneet wrote:
so aside wrom your rage did i shoot shockeyy or not?


Fuck if I know. I'm spinning in circles. And apparently I'm incapable of actually filter diving and defending myself to rapid-fire questions. So I'm going to do this for now and dive for who I think is mafia tomorrow.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 01:24 GMT
#978
On November 30 2020 10:22 Hapahauli wrote:
Look. We're not doing this stupid "binary lynch" stuff. There is enough of a chance that we're TvT that I'm not going down that road.

I'm here, willing and able to talk. We can have a productive conversation, but please, please consolidate your thoughts. This will not be productive if I'm answering a string of random one-lined thoughts and questions.

I agree with this, then dont fuck with me please nad provide fair points instead of bs.
table for two on a tv tray
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 30 2020 01:24 GMT
#979
On November 30 2020 10:22 Hapahauli wrote:
Look. We're not doing this stupid "binary lynch" stuff. There is enough of a chance that we're TvT that I'm not going down that road.

I'm here, willing and able to talk. We can have a productive conversation, but please, please consolidate your thoughts. This will not be productive if I'm answering a string of random one-lined thoughts and questions.


Ok who is mafia?
I can take that responsibility.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 01:26 GMT
#980
On November 30 2020 10:21 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 09:46 Hapahauli wrote:

Mafia know that I was JK'd N1. Would they risk shooting me knowing that I am a target for protection? I think not, but you be the judge.


Humm I suppose this is a fair point.

Though it means it was a really bad idea for you to make it so obviuse what your role was.

Which is actually your pov here, I never would have taken that post you quoted as a soft claim for hatter .


If you didn't, you didn't. I may not have an accurate perception of how my post was taken by others. All I know is I didn't particularly care whether people knew what my role was or not. As I explained previously, if mafia thought I was a Mad Hatter, I believe that would serve as a general deterrent to shooting me. Atleast that's how I was thinking on D1/N1.

And again as previously stated, the Shockeyy shot makes the most sense if mafia is trying to make a shot to dodge protection at all costs.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 618
ProTech132
UpATreeSC 124
JuggernautJason63
Nina 56
MindelVK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29238
Calm 2790
Mini 157
firebathero 125
Dewaltoss 103
soO 48
HiyA 31
Hyun 25
Bale 21
NaDa 20
[ Show more ]
PianO 20
Aegong 18
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8594
XaKoH 298
canceldota6
League of Legends
Doublelift599
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1598
fl0m1451
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu706
Other Games
FrodaN2223
B2W.Neo617
Beastyqt566
mouzStarbuck303
Livibee191
ToD186
KnowMe151
C9.Mang0128
Trikslyr115
RotterdaM103
Mew2King45
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1130
• Shiphtur609
• WagamamaTV247
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 43m
Replay Cast
3h 28m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.