• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:50
CEST 18:50
KST 01:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10802 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 48

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 46 47 48 49 50 82 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:40 GMT
#941
On November 30 2020 09:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 09:10 Hapahauli wrote:
I think it was very easily deduced from my posting about what blue role I was.

As for why I wasn't killed, two plausible reasons:
1) I basically afk'd for 3 days.
2) Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)?


Literally, whywould youbelieve you have a bomb on someone if you were rb'd N1?

Explain this then Hapa?
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 00:40 GMT
#942
On November 30 2020 09:16 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 09:10 Hapahauli wrote:
I think it was very easily deduced from my posting about what blue role I was.

As for why I wasn't killed, two plausible reasons:
1) I basically afk'd for 3 days.
2) Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)?
As for point 2, that requires mafia being extremely smart.... I don't know if mafia is that smart

I suppose they could have assumed that I would jailkeep you again, thus roleblocking you, but that seems risky.


All I am saying is that you can piece it together from my filter. What is the only role in the entire blue-list that cannot be used as mayor? It's not that hard to put together, and you don't have to be that smart to put it together.

Also, why wouldn't the assumption that I be "saved" again be unlikely from a mafia perspective?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 00:42 GMT
#943
On November 30 2020 09:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 09:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 30 2020 09:10 Hapahauli wrote:
I think it was very easily deduced from my posting about what blue role I was.

As for why I wasn't killed, two plausible reasons:
1) I basically afk'd for 3 days.
2) Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)?


Literally, whywould youbelieve you have a bomb on someone if you were rb'd N1?

Explain this then Hapa?


You are misreading my post.

I do not believe I had any chance of killing Vivax on N1.

I'm saying that if you look at my filter objectively from the start of N2, who is my likely target for a bomb? I believe it is Vivax.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 30 2020 00:43 GMT
#944
On November 30 2020 09:37 Hapahauli wrote:

If mafia chooses not to roleblock me on N2, they are not going to shoot me, because from their perspective, I am still fairly likely (given my filter) to bomb Vivax, who I believe is mafia.


So you agree that mafia should have RB and Killed you?
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 30 2020 00:46 GMT
#945
And if you are going to say, well mafia didn't RB me D1 it was Trfel

Then who did the RB on Trfel?
I can take that responsibility.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:46 GMT
#946
On November 30 2020 09:42 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 09:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 30 2020 09:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 30 2020 09:10 Hapahauli wrote:
I think it was very easily deduced from my posting about what blue role I was.

As for why I wasn't killed, two plausible reasons:
1) I basically afk'd for 3 days.
2) Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)?


Literally, whywould youbelieve you have a bomb on someone if you were rb'd N1?

Explain this then Hapa?


You are misreading my post.

I do not believe I had any chance of killing Vivax on N1.

I'm saying that if you look at my filter objectively from the start of N2, who is my likely target for a bomb? I believe it is Vivax.

no but you are saying this now:
Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)

As a thing why mafia wouldnt shoot you N2. And it makes no sense.
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 00:46 GMT
#947
On November 30 2020 09:43 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 09:37 Hapahauli wrote:

If mafia chooses not to roleblock me on N2, they are not going to shoot me, because from their perspective, I am still fairly likely (given my filter) to bomb Vivax, who I believe is mafia.


So you agree that mafia should have RB and Killed you?


I believe mafia had two reasonable plays:
1) They can RB/Kill me if they think I am difficult to lynch in MYLO;
2) If they think I'm not a "dangerous" blue role, they can try to snipe the bodyguard or another blue role.

Mafia know that I was JK'd N1. Would they risk shooting me knowing that I am a target for protection? I think not, but you be the judge.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:47 GMT
#948
On November 30 2020 09:46 Tictock wrote:
And if you are going to say, well mafia didn't RB me D1 it was Trfel

Then who did the RB on Trfel?

Trfel is pretty much confirmed town here..
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 00:48 GMT
#949
On November 30 2020 09:46 Tictock wrote:
And if you are going to say, well mafia didn't RB me D1 it was Trfel

Then who did the RB on Trfel?


Mafia Roleblocker obviously, unless another JK wants to claim.

If Mafia RB'd a VT on D1, that VT doesn't receive a notification.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:48 GMT
#950
On November 30 2020 09:46 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 09:43 Tictock wrote:
On November 30 2020 09:37 Hapahauli wrote:

If mafia chooses not to roleblock me on N2, they are not going to shoot me, because from their perspective, I am still fairly likely (given my filter) to bomb Vivax, who I believe is mafia.


So you agree that mafia should have RB and Killed you?


I believe mafia had two reasonable plays:
1) They can RB/Kill me if they think I am difficult to lynch in MYLO;
2) If they think I'm not a "dangerous" blue role, they can try to snipe the bodyguard or another blue role.

Mafia know that I was JK'd N1. Would they risk shooting me knowing that I am a target for protection? I think not, but you be the judge.

Do you think mafia has no rb?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:49 GMT
#951
i dont know what you think hapa ybut you said that and that's scummy as shit.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:50 GMT
#952
On November 30 2020 09:46 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 09:42 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 30 2020 09:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 30 2020 09:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 30 2020 09:10 Hapahauli wrote:
I think it was very easily deduced from my posting about what blue role I was.

As for why I wasn't killed, two plausible reasons:
1) I basically afk'd for 3 days.
2) Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)?


Literally, whywould youbelieve you have a bomb on someone if you were rb'd N1?

Explain this then Hapa?


You are misreading my post.

I do not believe I had any chance of killing Vivax on N1.

I'm saying that if you look at my filter objectively from the start of N2, who is my likely target for a bomb? I believe it is Vivax.

no but you are saying this now:
Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)

As a thing why mafia wouldnt shoot you N2. And it makes no sense.

table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 00:51 GMT
#953
On November 30 2020 09:46 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 09:42 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 30 2020 09:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 30 2020 09:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 30 2020 09:10 Hapahauli wrote:
I think it was very easily deduced from my posting about what blue role I was.

As for why I wasn't killed, two plausible reasons:
1) I basically afk'd for 3 days.
2) Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)?


Literally, whywould youbelieve you have a bomb on someone if you were rb'd N1?

Explain this then Hapa?


You are misreading my post.

I do not believe I had any chance of killing Vivax on N1.

I'm saying that if you look at my filter objectively from the start of N2, who is my likely target for a bomb? I believe it is Vivax.

no but you are saying this now:
Why would you shoot the Mad Hatter if you believe he is likely to deliver KP on mafia (i.e. Vivax)

As a thing why mafia wouldnt shoot you N2. And it makes no sense.


Assume the following:
1) <Player> has posted suspicions on two players: Jock and Vivax.
2) Jock has died, leaving Vivax.
3) Vivax is mafia.
4) It is now N2, and mafia needs to decide on night actions.
5) Mafia has reason to believe that <Player> is a Mad Hatter.

As mafia, do you risk shooting <player>?

I'll admit, it relies on a lot of assumptions. I think the points re: Trfel's confirmed save on me N1 deterring a shot N2 is a much stronger argument.

But that's the "logic" behind my statement.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:52 GMT
#954
No your defense relies on vivax being mafia or?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:52 GMT
#955
So*
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 00:53 GMT
#956
Rayn, you're asking a bunch of different questions in a string of disjointed posts. I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about right now, nor what is your train of though.

If you are actually interested in an answer, I have nothing to hide. Explain it in one post. Like I'm 5.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:54 GMT
#957
Why do you assume Trfel is town blue?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:56 GMT
#958
I have work in 4 hrs but i can do one more here so gogog hapa
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 00:58 GMT
#959
On November 30 2020 09:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
No your defense relies on vivax being mafia or?


I have no idea what I'm "defending" against, because it feels like I'm answering a moving target with questions on it.

I was asked roughly "why am I alive"? There are several plausible explanations:
1) I have not been active, therefore, mafia may not percieve me as a threat;
2) It was confirmed that I was JK'd Night 1. A mafia team (that doesn't include me) may feel very skittish about shooting into a target that was confirmed "saved" on N1, especially since the consequence of missing the shot means that town gets an extra mislynch. THIS IS PROBABLY WHY SHOCKEYY WAS SHOT, because there is no chance of him being saved.
3) If Vivax is mafia and mafia believes I'm a Mad Hatter, it's risky, since I spend a good majority of my filter attacking Vivax.

Honestly, ignore 3 and focus on 2.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 01:00 GMT
#960
On November 30 2020 09:54 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why do you assume Trfel is town blue?


My general profile of Trfel is as a pretty passive player. I believe that carries over into his scum-play.

I do not see a passive player making a fake claim like this. It is rife with unknowns and is not a "passive" play. From his perspective, he could very well be forcing himself into a binary "Trfel v hapa" lynch situation.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 46 47 48 49 50 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 433
UpATreeSC 89
Codebar 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37053
Calm 3805
Bisu 1640
Shuttle 1248
FanTaSy 998
Mini 396
EffOrt 324
actioN 274
Rush 208
firebathero 196
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 185
Dewaltoss 100
Barracks 73
Zeus 63
Liquid`Ret 43
Sharp 30
Hyun 29
Free 27
soO 26
Pusan 24
Bale 24
Aegong 20
HiyA 20
PianO 18
Shine 16
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6901
Dendi1118
XaKoH 353
League of Legends
KnowMe51
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1130
x6flipin670
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes666
Other Games
singsing2372
FrodaN1142
Beastyqt577
mouzStarbuck318
B2W.Neo224
byalli194
Livibee187
C9.Mang0120
RotterdaM106
Trikslyr68
Mew2King54
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV497
Other Games
• Shiphtur950
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 25m
Replay Cast
6h 10m
OSC
1d 6h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 17h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.