• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:06
CEST 05:06
KST 12:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9509 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 46

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 82 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:48 GMT
#901
On November 27 2020 06:17 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2020 06:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 27 2020 06:11 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 27 2020 06:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am thinking if i can actually solve the game right now.


Mechanically speaking, a VT. It would mean that in the remainder of the town, there would be 1-2 blue claims (given the 2 scum + evil mastermind, there is likely another town blue floating around to give the town a chance), in addition to 1 confirmed bodyguard claim. Pretty hard for scum to overcome.

what?


If I was mayor (in your position), I'd want to be VT, because it would be slightly easier for me to "solve" the game from my perspective in a mass claim situation.

If you are referring to whether or not a mayor should be VT or Blue in general, it just depends on the blue role we are talking about. Mayor CPR doc is obviously insane. Mayor JK is pretty insane. Mayor [investigative role] is pretty good, though that is unlikely given Slam's flip.

a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:49 GMT
#902
On November 30 2020 08:48 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2020 06:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 27 2020 06:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 27 2020 06:11 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 27 2020 06:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am thinking if i can actually solve the game right now.


Mechanically speaking, a VT. It would mean that in the remainder of the town, there would be 1-2 blue claims (given the 2 scum + evil mastermind, there is likely another town blue floating around to give the town a chance), in addition to 1 confirmed bodyguard claim. Pretty hard for scum to overcome.

what?


If I was mayor (in your position), I'd want to be VT, because it would be slightly easier for me to "solve" the game from my perspective in a mass claim situation.

If you are referring to whether or not a mayor should be VT or Blue in general, it just depends on the blue role we are talking about. Mayor CPR doc is obviously insane. Mayor JK is pretty insane. Mayor [investigative role] is pretty good, though that is unlikely given Slam's flip.


I dont get it even now :o
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:50 GMT
#903
In that whole post, I'm saying that running for mayor is good with CPR Doc, JK, and Investigative role.

So if I'm not running for mayor, that leaves two things: Mad Hatter or Vigi.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 23:50 GMT
#904
On November 30 2020 08:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 08:48 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 27 2020 06:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 27 2020 06:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 27 2020 06:11 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 27 2020 06:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am thinking if i can actually solve the game right now.


Mechanically speaking, a VT. It would mean that in the remainder of the town, there would be 1-2 blue claims (given the 2 scum + evil mastermind, there is likely another town blue floating around to give the town a chance), in addition to 1 confirmed bodyguard claim. Pretty hard for scum to overcome.

what?


If I was mayor (in your position), I'd want to be VT, because it would be slightly easier for me to "solve" the game from my perspective in a mass claim situation.

If you are referring to whether or not a mayor should be VT or Blue in general, it just depends on the blue role we are talking about. Mayor CPR doc is obviously insane. Mayor JK is pretty insane. Mayor [investigative role] is pretty good, though that is unlikely given Slam's flip.


I dont get it even now :o
Haha, guess you're stupid!

(jk.. I don't get it either )
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:53 GMT
#905
On November 30 2020 08:50 Hapahauli wrote:
In that whole post, I'm saying that running for mayor is good with CPR Doc, JK, and Investigative role.

So if I'm not running for mayor, that leaves two things: Mad Hatter or Vigi.

Okay, but at that point you didnt claim blue. So what makes you think i should believe i should think something like this when i dont have the info you do?
table for two on a tv tray
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 29 2020 23:53 GMT
#906
On November 30 2020 08:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 08:14 Trfel wrote:
Regardless of Hapahauli's alignment, mafia knows there is a jailkeeper because Hapahauli claimed roleblock (town roleblocker is not a possible role). If Hapahauli is town, assuming mafia didn't roleblock him (very likely), then his roleblock claim indicates to them that there is a jailkeeper who did. If Hapahauli is mafia, which is my current belief, then he got roleblocked and thus knows there is a town jailkeeper.

why does mafia always know there is a jailkeeper?can you explain it to me as i am dumb and 5y?


The only situation I can see where Trfels pov here is wrong is that both he and mafia targeted Hapa.

What would be really interesting here is if Hapa is mafia RB and got blocked then used his RB on Trfel last night.

If Trfel is mafiaRB here I again don't get why Hapa wasn't the kill last night after claiming he was RBd.
I can take that responsibility.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:53 GMT
#907
And running for mayor is pretty insane with vigi, since I could shoot someone and instantly confirm the mayor role as town.

Mad Hatter is the only damn role in the game that I wouldn't run for mayor, because I basically can't use the fucking role if I'm mayor.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:54 GMT
#908
likewhat is the dioffernce? VT, mafia, mad hatter, vigi? For you. How am i suppose to to do anything with that info, aside from telling you are NOT VT.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:56 GMT
#909
On November 30 2020 08:53 Hapahauli wrote:
And running for mayor is pretty insane with vigi, since I could shoot someone and instantly confirm the mayor role as town.

Mad Hatter is the only damn role in the game that I wouldn't run for mayor, because I basically can't use the fucking role if I'm mayor.

you shopuld be running for mayor every time ever in my opinion so sorry that does not convince me.
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:56 GMT
#910
On November 30 2020 08:54 raynpelikoneet wrote:
likewhat is the dioffernce? VT, mafia, mad hatter, vigi? For you. How am i suppose to to do anything with that info, aside from telling you are NOT VT.


My post admits that it is a good idea to run for mayor with a shit ton of blue roles. The flip side is that it is not necessarily optimal to run with certain roles, or really, a particular role. I wonder which one I left out of that post.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 23:56 GMT
#911
On November 30 2020 08:53 Hapahauli wrote:
And running for mayor is pretty insane with vigi, since I could shoot someone and instantly confirm the mayor role as town.

Mad Hatter is the only damn role in the game that I wouldn't run for mayor, because I basically can't use the fucking role if I'm mayor.
Huh, interesting..........

So you didn't run for mayor purely because of your Mad Hatter role? In that, you were hoping to die and take someone out with you?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:57 GMT
#912
On November 30 2020 08:56 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 08:53 Hapahauli wrote:
And running for mayor is pretty insane with vigi, since I could shoot someone and instantly confirm the mayor role as town.

Mad Hatter is the only damn role in the game that I wouldn't run for mayor, because I basically can't use the fucking role if I'm mayor.
Huh, interesting..........

So you didn't run for mayor purely because of your Mad Hatter role? In that, you were hoping to die and take someone out with you?


Correct.

My view was that:
1) I wanted to actually use my role, and/or;
2) If mafia was smart enough to pick up on that from the setup, I basically was guaranteed to stay alive and dodge shots, regardless of whether or not I was "protected".
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:01 GMT
#913
And what if you die N1 as you usually do?
table for two on a tv tray
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 30 2020 00:01 GMT
#914
On November 30 2020 08:57 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 08:56 Trfel wrote:
On November 30 2020 08:53 Hapahauli wrote:
And running for mayor is pretty insane with vigi, since I could shoot someone and instantly confirm the mayor role as town.

Mad Hatter is the only damn role in the game that I wouldn't run for mayor, because I basically can't use the fucking role if I'm mayor.
Huh, interesting..........

So you didn't run for mayor purely because of your Mad Hatter role? In that, you were hoping to die and take someone out with you?


Correct.

My view was that:
1) I wanted to actually use my role, and/or;
2) If mafia was smart enough to pick up on that from the setup, I basically was guaranteed to stay alive and dodge shots, regardless of whether or not I was "protected".
Huh. Interesting. Dunno what that means for the current situation, but interesting for sure.

I've got to think about this. Raynpelikoneet seems town, but he's also a really strong mafia player. Hapahauli seems town, but his claim seems like it would make for quite an extreme setup.

Then there's Tictock and Vivax....

I don't even know where to begin
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 00:01 GMT
#915
This is one of the things that actually points to mafia-Rayn as opposed to town-Rayn, because I find it very unlikely that he didn't speculate about my role and which role in the setup would make sense if I didn't want to run for mayor.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 30 2020 00:01 GMT
#916
On November 30 2020 08:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Trfel - talk to me about this "you or me" thing. Why does one of us have to be mafia?

Obviously throw out everything I'm about to say if we have another blue claim, but 2 mafia + Evil Mastermind is a fucking disaster for town without a lot of blue-role backup. In my view, you're confirmed town with FF.


You are not considering Mayor/Pardoner/Bodyguard as town favored balancing.

I don't know much about balancing with 3P but EM isn't that strong of a role that I think town needs 3 blues.

Also giving town a hatter to compensate 3P KP doesn't make much sense to me as that seems like it would make the game even harder for town.
I can take that responsibility.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 00:02 GMT
#917
On November 27 2020 06:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I genuinely thought you were a vet because to me it only made sense why you would not run for mayor, then i saw there is no vet in the roles....


And as a reminder, he read the setup in detail.,
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 30 2020 00:04 GMT
#918
Anyway, I'm ranting. I'm going to do a deep read, sleep on things, and give more collected thoughts tomorrow.

I'll be around to chat for the rest of the night otherwise while I'm taking notes.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 30 2020 00:05 GMT
#919
On November 30 2020 09:01 Hapahauli wrote:
This is one of the things that actually points to mafia-Rayn as opposed to town-Rayn, because I find it very unlikely that he didn't speculate about my role and which role in the setup would make sense if I didn't want to run for mayor.

this is so much bullshit hapa..
table for two on a tv tray
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 30 2020 00:05 GMT
#920
On November 30 2020 08:43 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What is your yolo scum tem D1?


Vivax/Hapa, I could dig it up iny filter but it's there.
I can take that responsibility.
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings49
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 167
PiLiPiLi 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2970
ViBE146
Bale 22
Dota 2
monkeys_forever414
NeuroSwarm208
Counter-Strike
summit1g7343
taco 589
Other Games
JimRising 588
WinterStarcraft361
C9.Mang0317
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1063
BasetradeTV166
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP104
• Hupsaiya 94
• davetesta28
• practicex 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1114
• Shiphtur303
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 54m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 54m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.