• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:45
CEST 20:45
KST 03:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10269 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 44

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 82 Next
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 23:12 GMT
#861
Interesting.

I am Jailkeeper.

I targeted Hapahauli N1, to try and save him from getting shot.. I targeted Fecalfeast N2 to try and roleblock the mafia night kill, however I was roleblocked.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 23:14 GMT
#862
Regardless of Hapahauli's alignment, mafia knows there is a jailkeeper because Hapahauli claimed roleblock (town roleblocker is not a possible role). If Hapahauli is town, assuming mafia didn't roleblock him (very likely), then his roleblock claim indicates to them that there is a jailkeeper who did. If Hapahauli is mafia, which is my current belief, then he got roleblocked and thus knows there is a town jailkeeper.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:15 GMT
#863
I'll need to do another review of TT's filter. However, my thoughts are that we have a Rayn/Vivax mafia team.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:19 GMT
#864
On November 30 2020 08:14 Trfel wrote:
Regardless of Hapahauli's alignment, mafia knows there is a jailkeeper because Hapahauli claimed roleblock (town roleblocker is not a possible role). If Hapahauli is town, assuming mafia didn't roleblock him (very likely), then his roleblock claim indicates to them that there is a jailkeeper who did. If Hapahauli is mafia, which is my current belief, then he got roleblocked and thus knows there is a town jailkeeper.

why does mafia always know there is a jailkeeper?can you explain it to me as i am dumb and 5y?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:21 GMT
#865
On November 30 2020 07:59 Hapahauli wrote:
Ooooh interesting.

I am a Mad Hatter. My intent in playing as I did (not running for mayor) was to have a chance of using my role. I targeted Vivax N1 (roleblocked) on the basis of my scumread. I targeted Shockeyy N2, in that if I was killed, I would rather leave town in a position where they had to worry about one less lurker. Plus, if I take someone down with me (even if my read is incorrect), it's still LYLO as opposed to MYLO.

Explain this
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:23 GMT
#866
On November 30 2020 07:59 Hapahauli wrote:
Ooooh interesting.

I am a Mad Hatter. My intent in playing as I did (not running for mayor) was to have a chance of using my role. I targeted Vivax N1 (roleblocked) on the basis of my scumread. I targeted Shockeyy N2, in that if I was killed, I would rather leave town in a position where they had to worry about one less lurker. Plus, if I take someone down with me (even if my read is incorrect), it's still LYLO as opposed to MYLO.

I do not think Trfel's claim necessarily makes him mafia. I'm also not sure why someone else being roleblocked tonight would confirm "one of me or Trfel" as mafia.

More thoughts when I'm home tonight.

On November 24 2020 09:38 Hapahauli wrote:
oh baby yeah give it to me more

and baby you will have it this time!
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:24 GMT
#867
Why would you be killed Hapa, on N2?
table for two on a tv tray
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 23:25 GMT
#868
On November 30 2020 08:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 08:14 Trfel wrote:
Regardless of Hapahauli's alignment, mafia knows there is a jailkeeper because Hapahauli claimed roleblock (town roleblocker is not a possible role). If Hapahauli is town, assuming mafia didn't roleblock him (very likely), then his roleblock claim indicates to them that there is a jailkeeper who did. If Hapahauli is mafia, which is my current belief, then he got roleblocked and thus knows there is a town jailkeeper.

why does mafia always know there is a jailkeeper?can you explain it to me as i am dumb and 5y?
Mafia knows there is a jailkeeper because Hapahauli claimed roleblock.

If Hapahauli is town, mafia sees a random roleblock claim from town (assuming they didn't roleblock Hapahauli themselves, which is likely; there are a lot of players in the game; if they happened to somehow roleblock Hapahauli as well, then idk). As a result, they know that a townie was roleblocked (they wouldn't lie about it) and that they didn't do it, so there has to be a town roleblocker, the only option being a jailkeeper.

If Hapahauli is mafia, assuming mafia didn't roleblock him (which would be a..... strange move to say the least), then mafia!Hapahauli got roleblocked, so he knows there is a town roleblocker. Which again, has to be a jailkeeper.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:29 GMT
#869
On November 30 2020 08:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 07:59 Hapahauli wrote:
Ooooh interesting.

I am a Mad Hatter. My intent in playing as I did (not running for mayor) was to have a chance of using my role. I targeted Vivax N1 (roleblocked) on the basis of my scumread. I targeted Shockeyy N2, in that if I was killed, I would rather leave town in a position where they had to worry about one less lurker. Plus, if I take someone down with me (even if my read is incorrect), it's still LYLO as opposed to MYLO.

Explain this


I explained it.

On November 30 2020 08:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why would you be killed Hapa, on N2?


I doubt I would be killed. I basically took a 72 hour break from the game barring two super quick skims - one right before the D2 deadline, and one a few hours post-flip before submitting my night action.

Also, there's no sense in not using my power, regardless if I think I'm getting shot or not. I did not state in my post that I thought I was getting shot - merely my justification for my actions if I did.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:29 GMT
#870
nonono hapa.... you target shockeyy so N3 you can get rid of alurker,. but the game is already over by then.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:30 GMT
#871
sorry you are mafia.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:30 GMT
#872
##voter hapahauli
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:30 GMT
#873
Trfel - talk to me about this "you or me" thing. Why does one of us have to be mafia?

Obviously throw out everything I'm about to say if we have another blue claim, but 2 mafia + Evil Mastermind is a fucking disaster for town without a lot of blue-role backup. In my view, you're confirmed town with FF.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:31 GMT
#874
On November 30 2020 08:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
nonono hapa.... you target shockeyy so N3 you can get rid of alurker,. but the game is already over by then.


What on earth are you talking about?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:31 GMT
#875
On November 30 2020 07:59 Hapahauli wrote:
I targeted Shockeyy N2, in that if I was killed, I would rather leave town in a position where they had to worry about one less lurker.

table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:32 GMT
#876
Exactly. So what does that have to do with N3?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:32 GMT
#877
wait okay
##unvote i am dumb
table for two on a tv tray
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 23:33 GMT
#878
On November 30 2020 07:05 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 07:03 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 30 2020 06:32 Trfel wrote:

I assumed we would be lynching between me and Hapahauli today, but I suppose it doesn't have to be that way. In fact, actually, it makes sense to not do it that way. So we probably should lynch between Tictock and Vivax today.

If you know -- as you seem to know, that hapa is at least almost 100% mafia, why do you prefer this?
It's a role thing, I assume you want me to tell you later? It's important though, so I'll be happy to discuss it whenever you want. Plus as I added in my previous post, my reasoning was slightly flawed.

Once Hapahauli claims his "role" I'll work out which option is mathematically superior.
Going back to this. Assuming that me and Hapahauli can't be town together (which I suppose there is still a slim possibility... I never understand setup stuff) and assuming that raynpelikoneet is town (not guaranteed but it'd be one heck of a game for him to be mafia here):

One mafia between me and Hapahauli, one mafia between me and Tictock. Mafia is guaranteed to have a roleblocker, as I was roleblocked (unless I'm mafia, but that doesn't affect this I don't think?). Assuming that between me and Hapahauli the mafia percent is 50% each, and same between Vivax and Tictock.

(1) Lynch me first, if I'm mafia, then 50/50 for Tictock/Vivax. I don't believe having a Mad Hatter helps here.
(2) Lynch me first, if I'm town, gg.
(3) Lynch Hapahauli first, if he's mafia, if he's the roleblocker, the game is won. I can use my Jailkeeper ability to roleblock one of Tictock/Vivax and claim which. If someone dies at night, then we know the other one is mafia and delivered the night kill. If no one dies, then we gain a mislynch and we can lynch both players.
(4) Lynch Hapahauli first, if he's mafia but not roleblocker, 50/50 between Vivax and Tictock.
(5) Lynch Hapahauli first, if he's town, gg.

Case 1: 50% likelihood, 50% chance to win after. Total: 25%
Case 2: 50% likelihood, 0% chance to win after. Total: 0%
Case 3: 25% likelihood, 100% chance to win after. Total: 25%
Case 4: 25% likelihood, 50% chance to win after. Total: 25%
Case 5: 50% likelihood, 0% chance to win after. Total: 0%

Thus, lynching me first provides a 25% chance to win. Lynching Hapahauli first provides a 50% chance to win. This isn't an argument to lynch Hapahauli instead of me as funny as that now seems. But together, lynching between me and Hapahauli has a 37.5% chance of winning.

(6) Lynch Vivax or Tictock first, if town, gg (they're the same role, doesn't matter which mathematically speaking).
(7) Lynch Vivax or Tictock first, if mafia, if roleblocker, then we win. I can use Jailkeeper on Hapahauli to roleblock the night kill, gaining a mislynch so both can be lynched.
(8) Lynch Vivax or Tictock first, if mafia but not roleblocker, then it's a 50/50 between me and Hapahauli still.

Case 6: 50% likelihood, 0% chance to win after. Total: 0%
Case 7: 25% likelihood, 100% chance to win after. Total: 25%
Case 8: 25% likelihood, 50% chance to win after. Total: 12.5%

Thus, lynching between Vivax and Tictock also provides a 37.5% chance to win. And this is entirely meaningless But hey, I had to try.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 23:34 GMT
#879
i want you guys to explanin (hapa and trfel) why this game has 50% of the townies blue?
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:35 GMT
#880
On November 30 2020 08:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
i want you guys to explanin (hapa and trfel) why this game has 50% of the townies blue?


Because if this exact scenario.

A "normally" balanced Mini is usually 3 mislynches = loss.

With the "evil mastermind" in the setup, 2 mislynches = loss.

Town needs a fuckton of help in this seutp.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 614
ProTech137
UpATreeSC 131
JuggernautJason58
MindelVK 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31344
Calm 3011
Shuttle 809
firebathero 155
Mini 120
Dewaltoss 115
HiyA 30
Hyun 27
NaDa 26
soO 24
[ Show more ]
Bale 23
Aegong 21
PianO 19
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7871
XaKoH 299
Fuzer 154
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1580
fl0m1491
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu538
Other Games
FrodaN1357
Beastyqt817
B2W.Neo555
ceh9551
mouzStarbuck432
Livibee191
C9.Mang0127
ToD108
KnowMe104
Trikslyr79
RotterdaM70
Mew2King45
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 53
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur864
• imaqtpie801
• WagamamaTV262
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 31m
Replay Cast
4h 16m
OSC
1d 4h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 15h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.