• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:53
CEST 19:53
KST 02:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9999 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 42

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 82 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 20:34 GMT
#821
You should have waited though if youre town Trfel... For the rbclaim i think.
table for two on a tv tray
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:36 GMT
#822
Looked through Hapahauli's filter. I have maybe 2-3 reasons to call him mafia (other than knowing I'm town) but unfortunately they aren't very strong.

I dunno, this is a really lousy situation to be in. But gotta try.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:37 GMT
#823
On November 30 2020 05:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
You should have waited though if youre town Trfel... For the rbclaim i think.
Sorry. Can I ask why? Unless it is better for you to answer later.

Mafia already knows everything anyway.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 20:39 GMT
#824
Ah i love this. I dont lose lylos and i have the perfect "setup" regarding work for being around. So bring it on mafia bitches!
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 20:39 GMT
#825
On November 30 2020 05:37 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 05:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
You should have waited though if youre town Trfel... For the rbclaim i think.
Sorry. Can I ask why? Unless it is better for you to answer later.

Mafia already knows everything anyway.

Because if you dont claim roleblock mafia!hapa might. that's 100% at least for you.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 20:40 GMT
#826
hapa was already rb'd or "rb'd" N1,he could well claim to be rb'd (who the fuck knows if mafia even has a roleblocker??) again.
table for two on a tv tray
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:40 GMT
#827
On November 30 2020 05:39 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 05:37 Trfel wrote:
On November 30 2020 05:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
You should have waited though if youre town Trfel... For the rbclaim i think.
Sorry. Can I ask why? Unless it is better for you to answer later.

Mafia already knows everything anyway.

Because if you dont claim roleblock mafia!hapa might. that's 100% at least for you.
Fair enough, I guess there was no doubt in my mind that he would claim roleblock (in fact, I still expect him to). That does make sense though. Noted for next time, thanks.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:44 GMT
#828
Can I ask, what's the point of having Hapahauli claim his role/potential action first? Mafia literally knows my role anyway... I imagine he'll just claim my exact role to maintain the setup balance.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 20:49 GMT
#829
I dont know your role.

I find you slightly more likely to be town since you claimed the roleblock immediately (making it less likely hapa is town for what you said before about mafia not killing him and not roleblocking him).

I also dont know why mafia knows your role, why would they know it? So whatever assumed mafia!Hapa claims is less likely to be legit at least from my pov in case he does it first.
table for two on a tv tray
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:52 GMT
#830
On November 30 2020 05:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I dont know your role.

I find you slightly more likely to be town since you claimed the roleblock immediately (making it less likely hapa is town for what you said before about mafia not killing him and not roleblocking him).

I also dont know why mafia knows your role, why would they know it? So whatever assumed mafia!Hapa claims is less likely to be legit at least from my pov in case he does it first.
I've been waiting here for you to figure everything out, setup-wise, but it makes sense that it's a bit too much to figure out without any information (I guess if you want an interesting mental puzzle you can try and figure out my role). But mafia does know everything.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 20:56 GMT
#831
I dont bluehunt when i am town. I have my guess but it's not really helpful to say it here.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 20:57 GMT
#832
Actually often time i end up accusing blues when i am town because for some reason they think they need to hold back onsomething and it looks scummy for me.
table for two on a tv tray
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:57 GMT
#833
On November 30 2020 05:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I dont bluehunt when i am town. I have my guess but it's not really helpful to say it here.
Fair enough. I guess we're just waiting for Hapahauli then.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 20:59 GMT
#834
I am going back to the discussion between me and hapa about if the mayor should be a blue or not. What's your take on that now Trfel?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 21:01 GMT
#835
Starts from here:
https://tl.net/forum/mafia/565699-a-mostly-normal-game-of-mafia?page=30#595
table for two on a tv tray
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 21:02 GMT
#836
On November 30 2020 05:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am going back to the discussion between me and hapa about if the mayor should be a blue or not. What's your take on that now Trfel?
I guess I was thinking it would be better for the mayor to have a power role so they could guarantee using it for longer? Which is why I kinda wanted to be mayor.

I get that my "campaign" is a weird kind of way, instead of announcing that I want to be mayor I just play my game and if people think I'm towny and have good reads, they can vote for me. I also didn't want to push too hard for mayor, both because I didn't want to give away having a role and because I wasn't sure what to do with the mayor lynch power (also because mayor tends to have the pressure of LYLO... see how effective that was ).
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 21:06 GMT
#837
Why would mayor have some pressure they wont otherwise in lylo?
table for two on a tv tray
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 21:07 GMT
#838
On November 30 2020 06:06 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why would mayor have some pressure they wont otherwise in lylo?
Oh, I just meant because they will almost certainly survive until LYLO. Thus they will have the pressure of having to do LYLO.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 29 2020 21:08 GMT
#839
Also let's assume FF's bg claim is legit. Who's mafia between TT and Vivax? Or do you think i am mafia?
table for two on a tv tray
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 21:17 GMT
#840
On November 30 2020 06:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Also let's assume FF's bg claim is legit. Who's mafia between TT and Vivax? Or do you think i am mafia?
No, I don't think you are mafia. I mean, it's possible, and I'll probably look into that possibility eventually, but I find it very, very unlikely. You've played a solid game.

Honestly I don't know. I would be inclined to say Vivax, but the way Hapahauli pushed Vivax makes me question it. He then backed off of course, it's possible they were double-bussing, but I'd have to look at it in more detail.

Vivax and someone else both questioned Hapahauli's blue claim. I'd be inclined to suspect Vivax for this, as I think (vanilla) town would be more inclined to believe the claim, unless the other person was Tictock as well, then it's moot.

I'm a bit distracted, I started playing some Magic online, but I'll try and look some things up to see.
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 579
UpATreeSC 120
ProTech82
JuggernautJason33
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33054
Calm 3433
Shuttle 1115
actioN 223
firebathero 173
Hyuk 107
Barracks 106
Dewaltoss 104
Liquid`Ret 71
Hyun 31
[ Show more ]
Free 25
Bale 24
HiyA 24
Aegong 21
NaDa 21
soO 19
PianO 17
Shine 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8753
Dendi1164
XaKoH 387
Fuzer 114
League of Legends
KnowMe82
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1296
fl0m1163
x6flipin448
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu34
Other Games
singsing2034
FrodaN1412
Beastyqt709
B2W.Neo400
ceh9394
mouzStarbuck310
Livibee187
byalli181
C9.Mang0149
RotterdaM110
Trikslyr81
Mew2King55
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV422
Other Games
• Shiphtur847
• imaqtpie621
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 22m
Replay Cast
5h 7m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.