• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:39
CEST 03:39
KST 10:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9652 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 28

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 82 Next
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 23:25 GMT
#541
On November 26 2020 08:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2020 08:14 Alakaslam wrote:
On November 26 2020 07:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
right on what?

My point.

Literally everything. Stop getting hung up on stupid timings of posts.

You are literally assuming a false thing, so I can’t answer you.

I obviously read the flip first. I didn’t expect 3p this game since it was full size. You asked a question; that was more important than my reactive remarks about the flip.

Grack did not play like scum. Well, I wasn’t exactly wrong, but Hapa was also right as Grack was still anti town.

So you think Hapa is town and not that Hapa and Trfel are mafia anymore?

Right. I don’t think Hapa would be so spot on and Trfel is making real cases, of the type not seen since, I don’t know, Since Darth Vader felt the presence of Obi Wan. Like a long time ago.

I’m back to actually agreeing with Trfel’s case. Here are my notes from my all filter dive when I thought I had a decent shot at mayoral election:


Whole foods
Red lettuce 3 heads
Pork belly 3 chunks (from butcher) leaner chunk
IF NOT; pork Loin
3 cloves whole garlic

Woori market
Jin Ramen mild 5 pack ($4.99)
Shin Ramen same
The ginger

Stumptown
2 decaf hot latte

ShoCkeyy wants Grack dead
Jock is unsure
Grack wants TT dead
TT wants FF dead
Rayn wants FF dead
FF wants TT dead
Vivax maybe Jock?
Hapa wants Grack or Shokeyy
Trfel wants jock or rayn

Yes I put it with my shopping list.

Anyway, I literally couldn’t gather who Jock or Vivax suspected, but Vivax at least had a tendency.

Also ShoCkeyy looks good from this analysis.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 23:26 GMT
#542
On November 26 2020 08:17 Trfel wrote:
In other news, I'm starting to think less and less that raynpelikoneet is mafia. And I'm wondering more about Fecalfeast. Though I'm not sure if Fecalfeast would be quite this useless as mafia? Probably a terrible metric.

Not really confident at all on who else is mafia (regardless of if I am right or not on Jockmcplop), unfortunately.

Also, I won't be around for the deadline tomorrow, since it's a night deadline that should be fine though.

How about I solve that for you: Rayn is not mafia
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 25 2020 23:35 GMT
#543
Do you know who else is mafia then? Other than Jockmcplop, if I am reading your post correctly. No worries if not, just curious.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 25 2020 23:36 GMT
#544
How is Hapa "spot on" to be exact?
If Hapa is mafia all he knows as a fact is that Grackaroni is not mafia. I tend to think third parties play moreso as if they were town than not. Because they can genuinely scumhunt. I dont think anyone deserves ANY credit for Grack flipping 3p because as mafia it doesnt really make a difference for you if they are 3p or town, play-wise.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 25 2020 23:38 GMT
#545
you must be mafia because you drink decaf btw...
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 25 2020 23:39 GMT
#546
On November 26 2020 08:36 raynpelikoneet wrote:
How is Hapa "spot on" to be exact?
If Hapa is mafia all he knows as a fact is that Grackaroni is not mafia. I tend to think third parties play moreso as if they were town than not. Because they can genuinely scumhunt. I dont think anyone deserves ANY credit for Grack flipping 3p because as mafia it doesnt really make a difference for you if they are 3p or town, play-wise.

Basically Grack flipping the worst fucking role for the town ever was just a coincidence. Also how can you be right and Hapa be right at the same time if you are both same alignment and thought completely opposite things?!?!?!?
table for two on a tv tray
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 25 2020 23:43 GMT
#547
I wasn’t right about mafia but I was onto something. I’ll do some more analysis at this moment. I’m waiting on my cat to be vaccinated, and checked on. He’s probably hating life.
Life?
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 25 2020 23:46 GMT
#548
My only thought is FF, he comes, throws shade on me, and leaves. Doesn’t have much interest to the game. Sadly screams more like I’m going to be a shitty town and get carried hopefully more than mafia. But I can be wrong, could just be trying to play the role since I think we have a good amount of activity here from town I feel.
Life?
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 25 2020 23:47 GMT
#549
Will you trade your cat for me? For my bodyguard? I'd love a cat.
table for two on a tv tray
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 26 2020 00:09 GMT
#550
On November 26 2020 08:47 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Will you trade your cat for me? For my bodyguard? I'd love a cat.


He would still be a great body guard, he’s 20 pound boy, but looks like he can be a bob cat xD

One time outside of my house, a small dog ran up to me and my cat literally attacked the small dog off of me. The dog shit itself and ran. :|
Life?
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 26 2020 00:53 GMT
#551
On November 26 2020 08:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
you must be mafia because you drink decaf btw...

That was for my wife and mother in law. I prefer black, didn’t you see me getting that in AZ?

Or maybe I got the lemonade.

Anyway, hapa was right 3 times in a row was my angle. Right that Grack was not town, right that I was aware of his flip prior to posting, and right that it’s not indicative for me.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 26 2020 00:56 GMT
#552
On November 26 2020 08:39 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2020 08:36 raynpelikoneet wrote:
How is Hapa "spot on" to be exact?
If Hapa is mafia all he knows as a fact is that Grackaroni is not mafia. I tend to think third parties play moreso as if they were town than not. Because they can genuinely scumhunt. I dont think anyone deserves ANY credit for Grack flipping 3p because as mafia it doesnt really make a difference for you if they are 3p or town, play-wise.

Basically Grack flipping the worst fucking role for the town ever was just a coincidence. Also how can you be right and Hapa be right at the same time if you are both same alignment and thought completely opposite things?!?!?!?

I am right about myself.

I am right that I had checked the lynch.

I never claimed to be right about grack’s alignment post flip.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 26 2020 00:58 GMT
#553
eh.. i dont think you understand my point
table for two on a tv tray
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 26 2020 01:06 GMT
#554
On November 26 2020 09:58 raynpelikoneet wrote:
eh.. i dont think you understand my point

Or you aren’t allowing for the truth so I literally cannot give you an adequate answer?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 26 2020 01:13 GMT
#555
I am gonna try to explain before i go to bed.

My point is this:
Prior to Grackaroni's flip you seemed to think that Hapa and Trfel are mafia because they are sitting in a corner trying to push something. After Grackaroni flips you seem to have changed your opinion on that (at least) Hapa isn't mafia for that anymore. That doesn't make much sense to me because if we assume Hapa is mafia then he doesn't know if Grackaroni is town or 3p, he only knows that Grackaroni is not mafia. I dont understand why Grackaroni flipping NOT mafia would give any town credit to Hapa (or anyone else in itself)? Because it does not make any sense.

As to my original argument i still don't see any reason to change my view on that i think it is plausible you knew Grackaroni is not mafia before the flip. That's because of how you reacted to other people when i changed my lynch preference, and how you did NOT react to TT's posting at the time. It looks very bad to me tbh. Also coupled with the fact that -- where this argument went to -- you are simultaneously... idk like ... uhh.. trying to give Hapa credit for pointing out grack as not town and then also saying you were right on that grack was not mafia. It feels really weird for me, if you really think hapa can somehow discern 3p from town D1 then why should YOU be happy for being "right"? Shouldnt you be able to do that aswell if you were to get any credit?

It seems like you are treating one and only one -- same situation one way for one person and the other way for another person.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 26 2020 01:15 GMT
#556
In simple words, if you think hapa should have any credit for figuring out a 3p, why should you have any credit for not doing so? Right now you are saying both of you should, because grack was not town nor mafia lol..
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 26 2020 01:17 GMT
#557
On November 26 2020 08:14 Alakaslam wrote:
Grack did not play like scum. Well, I wasn’t exactly wrong, but Hapa was also right as Grack was still anti town.

This, i dont get this. At all.
table for two on a tv tray
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 26 2020 01:18 GMT
#558
On November 26 2020 10:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am gonna try to explain before i go to bed.

My point is this:
Prior to Grackaroni's flip you seemed to think that Hapa and Trfel are mafia because they are sitting in a corner trying to push something. After Grackaroni flips you seem to have changed your opinion on that (at least) Hapa isn't mafia for that anymore. That doesn't make much sense to me because if we assume Hapa is mafia then he doesn't know if Grackaroni is town or 3p, he only knows that Grackaroni is not mafia. I dont understand why Grackaroni flipping NOT mafia would give any town credit to Hapa (or anyone else in itself)? Because it does not make any sense.

As to my original argument i still don't see any reason to change my view on that i think it is plausible you knew Grackaroni is not mafia before the flip. That's because of how you reacted to other people when i changed my lynch preference, and how you did NOT react to TT's posting at the time. It looks very bad to me tbh. Also coupled with the fact that -- where this argument went to -- you are simultaneously... idk like ... uhh.. trying to give Hapa credit for pointing out grack as not town and then also saying you were right on that grack was not mafia. It feels really weird for me, if you really think hapa can somehow discern 3p from town D1 then why should YOU be happy for being "right"? Shouldnt you be able to do that aswell if you were to get any credit?

It seems like you are treating one and only one -- same situation one way for one person and the other way for another person.

No.

I’m not celebrating, but I am relieved I wasn’t completely wrong.

I think there are four types of play in mafia, at least in this setup, and you are being very American and dividing it into two.

If you consider red, blue, green, and black, then recognizing that black is not green or blue is a skill. A less good skill is seeing that black is not red, and thinking red is green is really bad because they are opposites.

Blue is different entirely.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 26 2020 01:19 GMT
#559
On November 26 2020 10:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
In simple words, if you think hapa should have any credit for figuring out a 3p, why should you have any credit for not doing so? Right now you are saying both of you should, because grack was not town nor mafia lol..

When did I ask for credit?

I explained to your hounding that I was expressing relief in NOT BEING QUITE AS WRONG AS I THOUGHT, not celebrating being somehow right!
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 26 2020 01:26 GMT
#560
I know you didnt ask for credit, i just subtly read it as so, because of "i was not quite wrong".
In my world you saying "i was not quite wrong" and "hapa was right", one of the things is wrong. If you dont get why i think this, maybe someone who speaks better english and is smart can explain it in english...

Now i have to go to bed, so good night.
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings93
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 321
Sharp 54
Bale 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever551
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
Doublelift4793
Counter-Strike
taco 477
Other Games
summit1g7476
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0364
ViBE138
ToD81
kaitlyn11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
BasetradeTV162
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 131
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP89
• poizon28 37
• davetesta27
• Adnapsc2 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1422
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 22m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
10h 22m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 22m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.