• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:34
CEST 21:34
KST 04:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11519 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 19

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 82 Next
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
November 25 2020 16:50 GMT
#361
slam:
Will do what town decides

grack:
TT

TT:

FeFe

Rayn:
FF or TT

Fefe:
TT maybe Shockeyy

Trfel:
me, shockeyy, FF, TT, Grack

We need to get this down to 2 candidates who are trusted by town.

Personally I would have one of grack/rayn as mayor and maybe slam as pardoner.
I will probably revote grack just because I think TT has been super lazy just picking something Fefe said on the first page and leaving that as his scumread for the whole time.

On November 26 2020 01:38 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2020 01:24 Vivax wrote:
On November 26 2020 00:54 Grackaroni wrote:
If I were mayor I'd kill Ticktock. I think he's less comfortable playing scum and more likely to lurk through the day because of his role than FF. (I know he's playing WoW but the thread isn't overwhelmingly large)

I wouldn't be upset though if any of FF/ShoCkey/TT are lynched.

Of active players Trfel is most likely mafia but I wouldn't gamble on that today, though I'd definitely like to avoid him being elected.


What's your take on Jock?


His post about Trfel was a good one and I think he has the right view on Rayn. I'm not sure what his reasoning was for changing his mind on Slam.


Although I didn't think slam's campaign naturally made him town, i never scumread him and still don't.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
November 25 2020 16:53 GMT
#362
On November 26 2020 01:39 Grackaroni wrote:
I'm guessing you're going to vote for Trfel, Vivax?


Dunno, in theory we'd want someone with a good role + chance to be NKd early to be mayor.
I'm not that sure that you, Slam and Trfel fit into that picture. Trfel does have good reads as of late though, and he's the read I'm most confident in.

That said, I'll vote for him. But I think having to campaign is unnecessary. Everyone should just decide on their own.
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
November 25 2020 17:01 GMT
#363
Ray jock vivax slam are my towns

The simple fact that many people want TT dead is troubling but TT only wants me dead so that's not much to help me change my mind on tt

I think jock is towny based on tone and effort but I am aware he's a capable scum player. This is me hedging my town read incase of future embarrassment

I honestly don't know at all what shockeyy has said or done but I'm going to continue scumleaning him for fun

My grack read was kneejerk based on the mayoral candidacy at the start. I have not revisited

I could probably make this post have a point or anything of substance but I'd rather not
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
November 25 2020 17:03 GMT
#364
I apparently also don't have an opinion on hapa I guess I can fix that
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
November 25 2020 17:04 GMT
#365
On November 25 2020 14:57 Trfel wrote:
@Fecalfeast, why can't Alakaslam have a fun tone as mafia, especially given that he much prefers the mafia alignment?

Why are you suspicious of Hapahauli?

Old metric that I have no idea if it still works but slam cares about winning as nashua which come across less fun.

Also good to know I actually did have an opinion on hapa
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 25 2020 17:14 GMT
#366
On November 25 2020 07:22 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 06:28 ShoCkeyy wrote:
My concern is in his running post for mayor state this:

As your Mayor I pledge to CRUSH the "opposition“

He stated opposition instead of just stating mafia, which is the towns opposition. His opposition here could be town.



Rayn this is basically my reasoning on why I don’t think Grack is a town player this game.

Hapa why does shockeyy make this post if he is mafia with Grackaroni?
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 25 2020 17:22 GMT
#367
On November 26 2020 02:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 07:22 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On November 25 2020 06:28 ShoCkeyy wrote:
My concern is in his running post for mayor state this:

As your Mayor I pledge to CRUSH the "opposition“

He stated opposition instead of just stating mafia, which is the towns opposition. His opposition here could be town.



Rayn this is basically my reasoning on why I don’t think Grack is a town player this game.

Hapa why does shockeyy make this post if he is mafia with Grackaroni?


I do not build associations between early game scumreads. I lynch scummy people. Obviously if we lynch Grack and he flips mafia, then Shockeyy looks better.

On November 26 2020 01:14 Trfel wrote:
Hapahauli, can I ask why you think ShoCkeyy is less interested than normal? To me, in terms of the amount of substance/reads, he seems very typical to me. Or does it have to do with non-substance posting?


I think you are correct. Reading through his past games (particularly his scum game in Holy Guardians 2), he was doling out early game reads and attempting to contribute as mafia.

My sense from his play this game is that he's more likely to be 3p or town.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 17:25 GMT
#368
Have you read any of my games?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 25 2020 17:26 GMT
#369
I still think Grack is mafia, although most others do not seem very receptive to it. I cannot say more than I already have had on it.

I would be OK with lynching TT. It is more of a pure lurker policy lynch thing though. And it is the path of least resistance. Which annoys me, but is not a D1 disaster.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 17:29 GMT
#370
Ok foolish ones these people are all tied for two sussing them:

TT
FF
Grack
Jock

Please understand this makes my personal lynch pool TT or Jock. By preference TT, because warcraft too much.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 25 2020 17:30 GMT
#371
On November 26 2020 02:25 Grackaroni wrote:
Have you read any of my games?


Yes, I read a lot of them in Aperture. I will probably read them again. I was unable to draw any concrete conclusions from them. I am conscious of the fact that I did horribly misread you in all of Aperture, seemingly due to how "reactive" your playstyle is.

This game... you are this mix of pro-active (campaign) followed by re-active (not much in the way of reads). It is this dissonance that I think makes you mafia.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 17:30 GMT
#372
If more people consolidate on wanting FF or Grack dead I would still lynch one of them. But if it’s a massive 4 way tie then I will choose TT.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 17:33 GMT
#373
On November 26 2020 01:53 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2020 01:39 Grackaroni wrote:
I'm guessing you're going to vote for Trfel, Vivax?


Dunno, in theory we'd want someone with a good role + chance to be NKd early to be mayor.
I'm not that sure that you, Slam and Trfel fit into that picture. Trfel does have good reads as of late though, and he's the read I'm most confident in.

That said, I'll vote for him. But I think having to campaign is unnecessary. Everyone should just decide on their own.

You can’t know perhaps the biggest part of this.

Anyway I am still campaigning and really feel like Trfel has been flying in the face of town sentiment; he susses people that basically no one else does.

Yet that’s true of almost everyone so meh, carry on making him mayor if we must.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 25 2020 17:35 GMT
#374
eh what the fuck?
On November 25 2020 23:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Whoever is mayor should shoot Grack or Shockeyy.

Shockeyy is remarkably disengaged in this game. He is existing, but again, no idea of what he wants to accomplish beyond his mayoral preferences.

into
On November 26 2020 02:22 Hapahauli wrote:

My sense from his (shockeyy) play this game is that he's more likely to be 3p or town.

into
I would be OK with lynching TT. It is more of a pure lurker policy lynch thing though. And it is the path of least resistance. Which annoys me, but is not a D1 disaster.

First you basically called shockeyy mafia because he is a lurker and isnt doing anything, then you say he is town just because trfel thinks something... Then you call TT policy lurker lynch.

Why was TT not in your first list because for me it looks like you should be treating shockeyy and TT the same? And why does your opinion on shockeyy change like that? You have hosted probably 10 games where shockeyy has played, and you are the one that figured out shockeyy is mafia in "trfel help" game.... You should already know or have an idea how he plays, and definitely one sentence from Trfel should not change your mind COMPLETELY.
table for two on a tv tray
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 25 2020 17:39 GMT
#375
Why are people not voting for Rayn?

As far as I can tell nobody really has Sus on him so it's weird to me that more ppl are not supporting him.

I kinda want to say I'd preffer mayor be between Rayn and Grack (as I also trust either to be pardoner), but thats a bit hard for me to say when Grack (as well as 90%) of the game want me dead.
I can take that responsibility.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 17:41 GMT
#376
On November 26 2020 02:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2020 02:25 Grackaroni wrote:
Have you read any of my games?


Yes, I read a lot of them in Aperture. I will probably read them again. I was unable to draw any concrete conclusions from them. I am conscious of the fact that I did horribly misread you in all of Aperture, seemingly due to how "reactive" your playstyle is.

This game... you are this mix of pro-active (campaign) followed by re-active (not much in the way of reads). It is this dissonance that I think makes you mafia.

If that's what bothers you I try to run for mayor in pretty much every game that has one. This is the first time I've been seriously considered (it seems because you/Rayn both didn't really want it too badly.)
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 25 2020 17:41 GMT
#377
I still have no idea why FF thinks his reads are whatever he said. I really dont know why he thinks anything, and it looks like he doesnt know himself even..
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 25 2020 17:41 GMT
#378
Two reasons:

1) I forgot that there are OOC reasons for which Shockeyy could be less active (newborn);
2) I went back and read both Holy Guardians 2 and his more recent town games (Aperture, Cop 2, etc.) and reviewed his early game play in those games compared to this one. I for some reason had in my mind that he was much more active and engaged in his town games. That was simply not the case. And even in his scum-game, he was much more engaged than I remembered. The conclusion is that is inactivity is a null-tell. I would also feel that scum would be a bit more pressured to at least try to keep up appearances.

Also, it is incorrect that I "figured out" shockeyy at the end of Holy Guardians. That was actually Trfel, and I was largely influenced by his posting in the endgame. So naturally, I do listen and keep an open mind when he says something about Shockeyy's alignment.

Regarding TT, he was not on my lynch list, because I prefer lynching scummy people rather than lurkers. At this point, I am left with 1 person I believe is mafia, but no one seems to agree with my read. Pragmatically, I would prefer to lynch the Lurker as option 2, and I am merely stating my preference.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 25 2020 17:42 GMT
#379
last post @ Rayn
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 25 2020 17:43 GMT
#380
Okay so why is FF not mafia, Hapa?
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 618
ProTech140
UpATreeSC 128
Nina 54
JuggernautJason50
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29238
Calm 2790
Mini 157
firebathero 125
Dewaltoss 103
soO 48
HiyA 31
Hyun 25
Bale 21
NaDa 20
[ Show more ]
PianO 20
Aegong 18
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8594
XaKoH 302
canceldota10
League of Legends
Doublelift599
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1616
fl0m1417
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu706
Other Games
FrodaN2223
B2W.Neo617
Beastyqt566
mouzStarbuck303
ToD186
Livibee180
KnowMe151
C9.Mang0138
Trikslyr117
RotterdaM103
Mew2King43
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki35
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen157
Other Games
• imaqtpie1147
• Shiphtur609
• WagamamaTV233
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 41m
Replay Cast
3h 26m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.