• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:59
CEST 20:59
KST 03:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9376 users

[N] Uninspired Mafia - Page 90

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 117 Next
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 07 2019 07:37 GMT
#1781
On May 07 2019 16:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2019 16:25 Pandain wrote:
Especially when most people are townreading FF and his head is on the lynch - why?

I should clarify in the above I don't "Townread" him, its just the strategy seems like it comes more from a townie.

The thing is, lone mafia ALL look like town. Because like townies, they can't trust anyone. EVERYONE is LITERALLY out to kill them. I'm trying to use the events of the game to make a determination. Have you read my latest posts on MZ?


Yes, it's why these kinds of scenarios are so hard.


On May 07 2019 11:17 VisceraEyes wrote:
Like, townies VOTE. It's what townies DO because townies ONLY get to vote. MZ you're VT right? Fucking, and you didn't VOTE? GET OUTTA HEEEEAH!!


I would actually say that town is more likely to miss votes than mafia, because mafia have a vested interested in at least following the thread during the last part of the day (and if they are active they will almost certainly vote). Town has an interest, but since they're not on a team it's less vital.

Yeah the stuff about not taking a very strong stance on Jock is concerning, but it was day 1

That's the problem man. It's a bunch of weak stuff- I agree with you it's suspicious! But none of it is that strong. The problem is all of Grack, MZ, and Slam have pro points and con points. None of it is black and white to me.

I felt pretty confident on Koshi and pretty confident on Vivax. But I'll be honest now I am not really sure. The great thing I don't have to be right now, we have three mislynches.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 07 2019 07:37 GMT
#1782
Oh I forgot to say, but my meaning is that if MZ is mafia and his head is up to block, why does he pick a person who is pretty town read to try to push? Why not someone easier like me or Slam or Grack?

Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 07 2019 07:41 GMT
#1783
On the other hand, if MZ isn't lynched today (and we don't lynch scum) he will almost certainly be lynched day 2 or day 3, so it might just be useful to get it over with now.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 07 2019 07:41 GMT
#1784
MZ had a please don’t mod kill me return post n1 IIIRC. I don’t care to speculate on that but if someone else does be my guest.

I agree on principle that not voting to the point of risking modkill is townier on average
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 07 2019 07:44 GMT
#1785
Well when we're more interested in whether town or mafia is more likely to miss votes rather than who people push and why, there's nothing more I can do.

My case is in this thread. Good luck everyone.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 07 2019 07:46 GMT
#1786
I think the disproof of that argument isn’t far though, it’s name is Vivax the...godfather? wtf even happened there anyway

On May 06 2019 08:33 Grackaroni wrote:
We can’t believe a fake claim because town can just counter claim and win


This post has been bothering me ever since I read it. Maybe I’m thinking too hard but what townie ever finds themselves thinking this deeply about this?

And in a semi-open setup how often does that actually happened? Just cause Koshi got sort of burned by it it’s on his mind?
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 07 2019 07:51 GMT
#1787
On May 07 2019 16:46 wherebugsgo wrote:
I think the disproof of that argument isn’t far though, it’s name is Vivax the...godfather? wtf even happened there anyway

Show nested quote +
On May 06 2019 08:33 Grackaroni wrote:
We can’t believe a fake claim because town can just counter claim and win


This post has been bothering me ever since I read it. Maybe I’m thinking too hard but what townie ever finds themselves thinking this deeply about this?

And in a semi-open setup how often does that actually happened? Just cause Koshi got sort of burned by it it’s on his mind?

Its wording is weird.

We can't believe a fake claim, because town can just counterclaim and win.

not

We can't try a fake claim, because town can just counterclaim and win.

or

We should hope for a fake claim, because town can just counterclaim and win.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 07 2019 07:51 GMT
#1788
I don't actually get the post. He was saying that we don't have to worry about fake claims because town can just counter claim?
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 07 2019 07:51 GMT
#1789
Like it's trying to come from both mafia AND town perspectives.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 07 2019 07:52 GMT
#1790
Also I'm just going to note that there was a lot of valuable and interesting discussions the past ten pages and Grack literally only talked about Bugs being mafia and ignored the rest. Very interesting.

That's what I do now because I'm out of ideas. Note things.

Carry on.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 07 2019 07:53 GMT
#1791
On May 07 2019 16:51 Pandain wrote:
I don't actually get the post. He was saying that we don't have to worry about fake claims because town can just counter claim?


I agree with this interpretation, because you were fear posting on the claim calls.

Like grack must not be playing the same game because he commented earlier about rayn fake claiming veteran. And he, I assume, witnessed HF actually flip veteran.

So what happened there? If that hypothetical had played out with both of them alive in this situation we get a counterclaim and lynch a townie?
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 07 2019 07:54 GMT
#1792
On May 07 2019 16:52 Pandain wrote:
Also I'm just going to note that there was a lot of valuable and interesting discussions the past ten pages and Grack literally only talked about Bugs being mafia and ignored the rest. Very interesting.

That's what I do now because I'm out of ideas. Note things.

Carry on.

This is super noteworthy and something i also noted.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 07 2019 07:54 GMT
#1793
On May 03 2019 03:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Please don't shoot me mafia because i am a veteran and i'd like to play another day because this game actually got very interesting in my opinion.

if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 07 2019 08:00 GMT
#1794
On May 07 2019 16:46 wherebugsgo wrote:
I think the disproof of that argument isn’t far though, it’s name is Vivax the...godfather? wtf even happened there anyway

Show nested quote +
On May 06 2019 08:33 Grackaroni wrote:
We can’t believe a fake claim because town can just counter claim and win


This post has been bothering me ever since I read it. Maybe I’m thinking too hard but what townie ever finds themselves thinking this deeply about this?

And in a semi-open setup how often does that actually happened? Just cause Koshi got sort of burned by it it’s on his mind?

Frankly i read it as "If a mafia tries to claim ANYTHING at this point, I won't believe it" because flipped vet and extra KP confirming Vig claim. Some people use setup stuff to try and solve the game, we're just well past that point now.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 07 2019 08:00 GMT
#1795
On May 07 2019 16:53 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2019 16:51 Pandain wrote:
I don't actually get the post. He was saying that we don't have to worry about fake claims because town can just counter claim?


I agree with this interpretation, because you were fear posting on the claim calls.

Like grack must not be playing the same game because he commented earlier about rayn fake claiming veteran. And he, I assume, witnessed HF actually flip veteran.

So what happened there? If that hypothetical had played out with both of them alive in this situation we get a counterclaim and lynch a townie?


Well I mean if both had seriously claimed veteran than yeah. But I don't think anyone takes Rayn's claim seriously. Did you? Why would a veteran ever claim veteran.


I mean the argument we don't have to worry about fake claims because town can counter claim is flawed because there might not be a town counter claim, but I'm not sure it means anything besides being dumb.

I might have something really interesting soon. Give me 30 minutes.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 07 2019 08:04 GMT
#1796
Ok I think I do have something extremely interesting. I'm making a long post and I want it to be good, so give me 30 minutes or so.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 07 2019 08:07 GMT
#1797
thanks for your input friends. I’m on board with that.

Btw if FF is somehow scum here that is some amaze balls play. Read his progression on slam today, and how he’s posted about Pandain. If he’s faking that level of uncertainty I just don’t know, he deserves to win the game as scum I guess.

Unless someone can tell me that yes, FF has done something like scum I’m happy to consider him town here.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 07 2019 08:09 GMT
#1798
*FF has done something like THAT as scum

Just don’t see a mafia doing a read progression like that in someone the rest of the game is mostly marking as unreadable
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 07 2019 08:19 GMT
#1799
MZ -> grack -> slam

...???

If we get to #3 it’s slam FF Pandain probably at LYLO

if we kill MZ -> slam -> grack it’s FF Pandain grack

Likewise FF pandain MZ if MZ is last

hmm.

wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 07 2019 08:26 GMT
#1800
Pandain who would you lynch if it was you, FF and MZ at lylo
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 117 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 275
BRAT_OK 97
JuggernautJason72
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 901
Shuttle 699
Zeus 82
soO 44
Hyun 43
ToSsGirL 32
scan(afreeca) 23
Sacsri 9
ZZZero.O 0
Dota 2
qojqva2403
420jenkins622
canceldota14
Counter-Strike
fl0m5104
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3414
Liquid`Hasu595
Other Games
FrodaN939
KnowMe223
Pyrionflax169
Livibee163
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick632
StarCraft 2
angryscii 28
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 95
• 3DClanTV 58
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach97
• 80smullet 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1757
Other Games
• imaqtpie667
• Shiphtur665
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 1m
Patches Events
20h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
OSC
1d 4h
OSC
1d 17h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.