• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:40
CEST 17:40
KST 00:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10063 users

[N] Uninspired Mafia - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 117 Next
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 01 2019 11:56 GMT
#221
On May 01 2019 19:58 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2019 19:27 VisceraEyes wrote:
Liiiike if FF were the other wagon and not MZ that would just be super.


I'm with you here, FF is setting off alarm bells for me

what are your thoughts on no-lynch this cycle? I've actually always been of the opinion that a no-lynch on day 1 is actually really good for town because it reduces the variability, especially in low post count games like this one.

What do you define as "good"? Preserving the number of town? Reducing the likelihood that we hit town with the lynch? To what end? If we don't use the lynch, mafia don't get reduced. That's the short and long of it. Mafia are NOT going to NOT kill someone, so no, I don't think we should no-lynch.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 01 2019 11:58 GMT
#222
On May 01 2019 20:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2019 20:25 wherebugsgo wrote:
On May 01 2019 20:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Well Koshi is town.

Idk what to think about jock honestly. I read him like grack did earlier but i dislike his re-entry a lot. Thankfully you can murder him without me. Bugs still scum.


for how much our opinions align it's remarkable you think I am scum

I dont really even think you have any opinions since you write a lot of words but dont really have any hard opinions.


hey, to each their own. I just gave you enough information to figure out what my opinions are in the post you just replied to; just because I don't advertise my opinions the same way you do doesn't mean I don't have them.

Also you should probably already know I'm a verbose poster and often ask people questions directly to actually get them to participate. Half of the players (literally) haven't voted yet, so if you have any better ideas for changing that I'd be glad to help.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 01 2019 11:59 GMT
#223
On May 01 2019 20:56 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2019 19:58 wherebugsgo wrote:
On May 01 2019 19:27 VisceraEyes wrote:
Liiiike if FF were the other wagon and not MZ that would just be super.


I'm with you here, FF is setting off alarm bells for me

what are your thoughts on no-lynch this cycle? I've actually always been of the opinion that a no-lynch on day 1 is actually really good for town because it reduces the variability, especially in low post count games like this one.

What do you define as "good"? Preserving the number of town? Reducing the likelihood that we hit town with the lynch? To what end? If we don't use the lynch, mafia don't get reduced. That's the short and long of it. Mafia are NOT going to NOT kill someone, so no, I don't think we should no-lynch.


this:

On May 01 2019 20:23 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2019 20:01 Koshi wrote:
On May 01 2019 19:58 wherebugsgo wrote:
On May 01 2019 19:27 VisceraEyes wrote:
Liiiike if FF were the other wagon and not MZ that would just be super.


I'm with you here, FF is setting off alarm bells for me

what are your thoughts on no-lynch this cycle? I've actually always been of the opinion that a no-lynch on day 1 is actually really good for town because it reduces the variability, especially in low post count games like this one.

No lynching is horrible. People need to get out of tunnel. Info is good. Only good if you dont lose lynch later.


info is great, but IMO mislynching day 1 is not worth whatever minimal info you get if the game only has a few pages of posts/low participation. You still get info on the NK, for instance.

It's worth thinking about from a balance perspective for this game as well. Usually 13p games are 10 townies and 3 mafia, and that already tends to be a bit town-favoured here. This is a 14 player game so the only options are 11/3 or 10/4; the balance will be swingy either way (I think 10/4 might work somewhat better with more town blues but who knows what the hosts decided)

If it's 11/3, mislynching is probably okay because town has lots of room for mistakes and the no lynch could be done on a different day, but I think it's still better to do it early. Worst case (noting starts of phases)

N1: 10/3
D2: 9/3
N2: 8/3
D3: 7/3
N3: 6/3
D4: 5/3 MYLO
N4: 4/3 -> lose

No-lynching at any point gives you an extra cycle.

If it's 10/4, worst case looks like this:

N1: 9/4
D2: 8/4
N2: 7/4
D3: 6/4 MYLO
N4: 5/4 -> lose

Again, no-lynching at any point gives us an extra cycle.

If there's a vig in the setup and they miss, we lose a half-cycle, so MYLO becomes LYLO and no-lynch has no benefit (I think, unless my pea brain did something wrong)

Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
May 01 2019 12:15 GMT
#224
On May 01 2019 20:52 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2019 20:33 Pandain wrote:
@Wherebugsgo what were you trying to get from asking Jock about incognoto's guide? You were very insistant on it and it seemed like the most useless questions I've ever seen in my life.


I wanted two things; one was to see whether Jock's tone and response style would be natural and the other would be whether he would actually tell me something believable. Given that Jock is very new I would expect some synthesis of Incognito's guide because he would have been bound to have read it recently. If he's town and someone in the game is asking him, I'd expect him to take the time to understand why (and reread if necessary) especially when I was indicating to him that if he didn't shape up he'd likely die. His response that followed afterward indicated that he probably lied, because even if you skim that guide literally the #1 takeaway for townies is to establish innocence. This is also why I phrased the question the way I did. Emphasis mine:

Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 15:49 Incognito wrote:
...
II. Town
  • Defining Mafia Characteristics
  • Priority #1: Establishing Your Innocence
  • Reading the Thread
  • Posting
  • Voting
  • Blue Roles/Roleclaims
  • Bad Townie or Mafia?


...
Priority #1: Establishing Your Innocence

So, you know how to look for mafia and are ready to smoke them out. But unfortunately, just knowing how to find mafia is not good enough. The other part of the equation is convincing the town that you’ve found them. While you may be correct, it takes more than your own vote to properly seal the deal and kill off the mafia.
As a townie, your number 1 priority is to establish your innocence.
...


by itself I don't think the lie is super alignment-indicative, but the fact that Jock actually answered that question about the guide but chose not to provide reads, in response to the same post where I specifically asked for them, is. He continued to attempt to stall for time afterward and has since disappeared.

There was also no point for town Jock to ignore posts and ask HF if HF thought he's out of character compared to when he was mafia (what kind of question is that? it accomplishes nothing and doesn't even make sense, HF's post was clearly about Jock being out of character when compared to being town) and saying this:

Show nested quote +

Or I was taking the piss because the first page or so is always boring....

Reads incoming I've got some time now


rather than just coming out with them.


Why didn't you just say this in the first place? :p
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 01 2019 12:19 GMT
#225
On May 01 2019 21:15 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2019 20:52 wherebugsgo wrote:
On May 01 2019 20:33 Pandain wrote:
@Wherebugsgo what were you trying to get from asking Jock about incognoto's guide? You were very insistant on it and it seemed like the most useless questions I've ever seen in my life.


I wanted two things; one was to see whether Jock's tone and response style would be natural and the other would be whether he would actually tell me something believable. Given that Jock is very new I would expect some synthesis of Incognito's guide because he would have been bound to have read it recently. If he's town and someone in the game is asking him, I'd expect him to take the time to understand why (and reread if necessary) especially when I was indicating to him that if he didn't shape up he'd likely die. His response that followed afterward indicated that he probably lied, because even if you skim that guide literally the #1 takeaway for townies is to establish innocence. This is also why I phrased the question the way I did. Emphasis mine:

On January 09 2012 15:49 Incognito wrote:
...
II. Town
  • Defining Mafia Characteristics
  • Priority #1: Establishing Your Innocence
  • Reading the Thread
  • Posting
  • Voting
  • Blue Roles/Roleclaims
  • Bad Townie or Mafia?


...
Priority #1: Establishing Your Innocence

So, you know how to look for mafia and are ready to smoke them out. But unfortunately, just knowing how to find mafia is not good enough. The other part of the equation is convincing the town that you’ve found them. While you may be correct, it takes more than your own vote to properly seal the deal and kill off the mafia.
As a townie, your number 1 priority is to establish your innocence.
...


by itself I don't think the lie is super alignment-indicative, but the fact that Jock actually answered that question about the guide but chose not to provide reads, in response to the same post where I specifically asked for them, is. He continued to attempt to stall for time afterward and has since disappeared.

There was also no point for town Jock to ignore posts and ask HF if HF thought he's out of character compared to when he was mafia (what kind of question is that? it accomplishes nothing and doesn't even make sense, HF's post was clearly about Jock being out of character when compared to being town) and saying this:


Or I was taking the piss because the first page or so is always boring....

Reads incoming I've got some time now


rather than just coming out with them.


Why didn't you just say this in the first place? :p


because I found it unlikely that explaining it to you would change my read on you

whereas now we have some evidence that Pandain cares about figuring out what's going on
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
May 01 2019 12:23 GMT
#226
On May 01 2019 21:19 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2019 21:15 Holyflare wrote:
On May 01 2019 20:52 wherebugsgo wrote:
On May 01 2019 20:33 Pandain wrote:
@Wherebugsgo what were you trying to get from asking Jock about incognoto's guide? You were very insistant on it and it seemed like the most useless questions I've ever seen in my life.


I wanted two things; one was to see whether Jock's tone and response style would be natural and the other would be whether he would actually tell me something believable. Given that Jock is very new I would expect some synthesis of Incognito's guide because he would have been bound to have read it recently. If he's town and someone in the game is asking him, I'd expect him to take the time to understand why (and reread if necessary) especially when I was indicating to him that if he didn't shape up he'd likely die. His response that followed afterward indicated that he probably lied, because even if you skim that guide literally the #1 takeaway for townies is to establish innocence. This is also why I phrased the question the way I did. Emphasis mine:

On January 09 2012 15:49 Incognito wrote:
...
II. Town
  • Defining Mafia Characteristics
  • Priority #1: Establishing Your Innocence
  • Reading the Thread
  • Posting
  • Voting
  • Blue Roles/Roleclaims
  • Bad Townie or Mafia?


...
Priority #1: Establishing Your Innocence

So, you know how to look for mafia and are ready to smoke them out. But unfortunately, just knowing how to find mafia is not good enough. The other part of the equation is convincing the town that you’ve found them. While you may be correct, it takes more than your own vote to properly seal the deal and kill off the mafia.
As a townie, your number 1 priority is to establish your innocence.
...


by itself I don't think the lie is super alignment-indicative, but the fact that Jock actually answered that question about the guide but chose not to provide reads, in response to the same post where I specifically asked for them, is. He continued to attempt to stall for time afterward and has since disappeared.

There was also no point for town Jock to ignore posts and ask HF if HF thought he's out of character compared to when he was mafia (what kind of question is that? it accomplishes nothing and doesn't even make sense, HF's post was clearly about Jock being out of character when compared to being town) and saying this:


Or I was taking the piss because the first page or so is always boring....

Reads incoming I've got some time now


rather than just coming out with them.


Why didn't you just say this in the first place? :p


because I found it unlikely that explaining it to you would change my read on you

whereas now we have some evidence that Pandain cares about figuring out what's going on


Have you read Incognito's mafia guide?

Emphasis mine:


+ Show Spoiler +

Priority #1: Establishing Your Innocence

So, you know how to look for mafia and are ready to smoke them out. But unfortunately, just knowing how to find mafia is not good enough. The other part of the equation is convincing the town that you’ve found them. While you may be correct, it takes more than your own vote to properly seal the deal and kill off the mafia.
As a townie, your number 1 priority is to establish your innocence.
Why? Establishing your innocence does three things:

It gives you a credible platform from which you can push your agenda
It reduces the mafia’s options for pushing their agenda - they can’t attack you without some serious consequences
It reduces the number of viable mafia candidates - if the town thinks you are innocent that’s one less person to worry about


To elaborate:
1) It is hard to get people to listen to you if they are unsure of your motives. There are times where townies will ignore persuasive evidence based on an (irrational) fear that you might be pulling the wool over their eyes. Establishing your innocence allows you to focus on hunting the mafia instead of wasting energy defending yourself.

Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
May 01 2019 12:26 GMT
#227
Jock ff is a fine pool to lynch into. If you want to no lynch do it later when we have more complete information to solve the puzzle. Silly to do it when there's only posts to talk about.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 01 2019 12:32 GMT
#228
On May 01 2019 21:23 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2019 21:19 wherebugsgo wrote:
On May 01 2019 21:15 Holyflare wrote:
On May 01 2019 20:52 wherebugsgo wrote:
On May 01 2019 20:33 Pandain wrote:
@Wherebugsgo what were you trying to get from asking Jock about incognoto's guide? You were very insistant on it and it seemed like the most useless questions I've ever seen in my life.


I wanted two things; one was to see whether Jock's tone and response style would be natural and the other would be whether he would actually tell me something believable. Given that Jock is very new I would expect some synthesis of Incognito's guide because he would have been bound to have read it recently. If he's town and someone in the game is asking him, I'd expect him to take the time to understand why (and reread if necessary) especially when I was indicating to him that if he didn't shape up he'd likely die. His response that followed afterward indicated that he probably lied, because even if you skim that guide literally the #1 takeaway for townies is to establish innocence. This is also why I phrased the question the way I did. Emphasis mine:

On January 09 2012 15:49 Incognito wrote:
...
II. Town
  • Defining Mafia Characteristics
  • Priority #1: Establishing Your Innocence
  • Reading the Thread
  • Posting
  • Voting
  • Blue Roles/Roleclaims
  • Bad Townie or Mafia?


...
Priority #1: Establishing Your Innocence

So, you know how to look for mafia and are ready to smoke them out. But unfortunately, just knowing how to find mafia is not good enough. The other part of the equation is convincing the town that you’ve found them. While you may be correct, it takes more than your own vote to properly seal the deal and kill off the mafia.
As a townie, your number 1 priority is to establish your innocence.
...


by itself I don't think the lie is super alignment-indicative, but the fact that Jock actually answered that question about the guide but chose not to provide reads, in response to the same post where I specifically asked for them, is. He continued to attempt to stall for time afterward and has since disappeared.

There was also no point for town Jock to ignore posts and ask HF if HF thought he's out of character compared to when he was mafia (what kind of question is that? it accomplishes nothing and doesn't even make sense, HF's post was clearly about Jock being out of character when compared to being town) and saying this:


Or I was taking the piss because the first page or so is always boring....

Reads incoming I've got some time now


rather than just coming out with them.


Why didn't you just say this in the first place? :p


because I found it unlikely that explaining it to you would change my read on you

whereas now we have some evidence that Pandain cares about figuring out what's going on


Have you read Incognito's mafia guide?

Emphasis mine:


+ Show Spoiler +

Priority #1: Establishing Your Innocence

So, you know how to look for mafia and are ready to smoke them out. But unfortunately, just knowing how to find mafia is not good enough. The other part of the equation is convincing the town that you’ve found them. While you may be correct, it takes more than your own vote to properly seal the deal and kill off the mafia.
As a townie, your number 1 priority is to establish your innocence.
Why? Establishing your innocence does three things:

It gives you a credible platform from which you can push your agenda
It reduces the mafia’s options for pushing their agenda - they can’t attack you without some serious consequences
It reduces the number of viable mafia candidates - if the town thinks you are innocent that’s one less person to worry about


To elaborate:
1) It is hard to get people to listen to you if they are unsure of your motives. There are times where townies will ignore persuasive evidence based on an (irrational) fear that you might be pulling the wool over their eyes. Establishing your innocence allows you to focus on hunting the mafia instead of wasting energy defending yourself.



not sure if you're trolling me or telling me you think I'm scum. You and rayn both seem to have trouble reading me properly and at least if this game were hand balanced I'd have to chalk it up to one or both of you being scum. Too early to tell for sure though

Anyway, my problem has always been that I establish my innocence regardless of alignment so it's really hard for me to tell why someone thinks I am scum. I don't recall anyone on the forum standing out as "oh if that person's in the game they'll definitely be able to tell my alignment!" for example. I've only been lynched a handful of times IIRC.


Jock ff is a fine pool to lynch into. If you want to no lynch do it later when we have more complete information to solve the puzzle. Silly to do it when there's only posts to talk about.


Yeah on reread I'm fine with either of these lynches. #3 and #4 would be Rels and MZ, in that order. Besides the 2 MIAs everyone else seems to have a decent chance of being town to me.
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
May 01 2019 12:40 GMT
#229
I'm voting Rels because surviving.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 01 2019 14:06 GMT
#230
6 hours left.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
May 01 2019 14:28 GMT
#231
Talk about sudden starts. Anyway, reporting in.

This is the most terrible post that stuck out to me so far.

On May 01 2019 01:27 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2019 01:12 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Suddenly even happier with my decision.


Yeah vote me first. Why not? I already have a low enough of opinion of tl.net.

First game - mafia - failed to spot it
Second game - town - dead first night
Third game... you get the picture.

I guess I'm a wildcard since I have no meta for you guys to rely on. If you just vote for me you're justified cos I'm new and it saves having to look for scum.

I'm not mafia by the way.


In the first game you had BC in your team, so you don't even know how good he is at finding mafia, the second game was themed and shouldn't even matter, maybe though you thought it was a standard.

You write off and ignore everything they said about you just complaining about roleclaims without doing much to offer in return and then say the reason you're a target is cause you're new which is just untrue.

Also noticeable is that you don't entertain the possibility that at least one of them could be mafia. You instantly assume they're both bad townies. Why?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
May 01 2019 14:39 GMT
#232
MZ stuff was just bleh and uninteresting. Why does it make him mafia if he says that he's glad nobody claimed scum yet?It's a wonky thing to say and that's about it. Maybe Bugs and FF can explain how saying that makes people scum cause I don't see it.

And if you're going to say that town MZ should be glad that people scumclaim, imagine how glad mafia MZ would be if it was townies scumclaiming like in 99 % of the cases, given that you are implying you would vote them off for those claims.

In summary, wary of FF cause not shitposting and looking more like a serious mafia FF with that vote.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 01 2019 14:57 GMT
#233
I'm going to bed and won't be around for the nightpost. Jock needs to be the lynch 100%. Besides that, I wanted to point out the following:

1. MZ claimed to be "obviously standing with the Jock suspicions crowd" but never actually voted
2. FF, as far as I can tell, doesn't play like this (i.e. actively lurk) as town. The only other factors I think might be relevant are that FF originally signed up as /replace and changed to /in, so worst case benefit of the doubt is that FF is low on time, but probably best to just pressure and see what happens
3. On reread rayn looks terrible. I actually was in agreement with some of rayn's opinions early on (#125) but on reread it seems most of the things rayn accuses me of are projections. Rayn's only actual scum read is me and it makes no sense + rayn hasn't committed to a vote yet with less than 6 hours remaining in the day.

my kill order ATM is

1. Jock
2. FF
3. Meapak
4. Rayn

Throw Rels instead of one of those people if both 1. Pandain/grack are right about Rels avoiding early game and 2. Rels shows up for some bs vote before EoD.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 01 2019 15:43 GMT
#234
I am confused about why Jock suddenly became an asshole in this thread when the last two games he was super nice and if anything apologetic. Also his blogs are fun to read so I'm sort of shocked. I don't think he's a bad lynch and might switch to him if the votes are close.

Also this is concerning:
[QUOTE]On May 01 2019 11:23 Jockmcplop wrote:
[QUOTE]On May 01 2019 10:35 wherebugsgo wrote:
[QUOTE]On May 01 2019 10:29 Jockmcplop wrote:
[QUOTE]On May 01 2019 08:54 Holyflare wrote:
Oh well nothing more to add really. I think jock is way out of character and the town read(s) are pretty unjustified here. [/QUOTE]

Out of character compared to when I was mafia?[/QUOTE]

You gonna ignore my previous post?

You should answer this, and don't even think about skipping any of the questions:

[quote]Can you define what makes people suspicious? What types of things are suspicious and why would they be indicators someone is mafia instead of town?

Have you read Incognito's guide? What do you think your #1 priority should be if you are a townie?[/quote]

Regardless of your alignment, at your current rate, you should know you're going to be dead.

In addition to that, let's see your reads.[/QUOTE]

#1 priority as town for me is finding scum.

And then proceedes to be super lukewarm about scum reads and doesn't scumhunt at all.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 01 2019 15:44 GMT
#235
FIXED POST

I am confused about why Jock suddenly became an asshole in this thread when the last two games he was super nice and if anything apologetic. Also his blogs are fun to read so I'm sort of shocked. I don't think he's a bad lynch and might switch to him if the votes are close.

Also this is concerning:
On May 01 2019 11:23 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2019 10:35 wherebugsgo wrote:
On May 01 2019 10:29 Jockmcplop wrote:
On May 01 2019 08:54 Holyflare wrote:
Oh well nothing more to add really. I think jock is way out of character and the town read(s) are pretty unjustified here.


Out of character compared to when I was mafia?


You gonna ignore my previous post?

You should answer this, and don't even think about skipping any of the questions:

Can you define what makes people suspicious? What types of things are suspicious and why would they be indicators someone is mafia instead of town?

Have you read Incognito's guide? What do you think your #1 priority should be if you are a townie?


Regardless of your alignment, at your current rate, you should know you're going to be dead.

In addition to that, let's see your reads.


#1 priority as town for me is finding scum.


And then proceedes to be super lukewarm about scum reads and doesn't scumhunt at all.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 01 2019 15:45 GMT
#236
Fuck formatting is hard. Anyway originally I was lukewarm about him but now I think he's a good lynch especially for day 1.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 01 2019 15:46 GMT
#237
On May 01 2019 23:39 Vivax wrote:
MZ stuff was just bleh and uninteresting. Why does it make him mafia if he says that he's glad nobody claimed scum yet?It's a wonky thing to say and that's about it. Maybe Bugs and FF can explain how saying that makes people scum cause I don't see it.

And if you're going to say that town MZ should be glad that people scumclaim, imagine how glad mafia MZ would be if it was townies scumclaiming like in 99 % of the cases, given that you are implying you would vote them off for those claims.

In summary, wary of FF cause not shitposting and looking more like a serious mafia FF with that vote.


What is suspicious is when he says that he would lynch someone if they claimed scum, which is really stupid. But I think he said this last game and he was town so I guess it's null.
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 01 2019 15:49 GMT
#238
Order of people who need to be lynched currently.

Jock
Rels
FF

Rels and FF are interchangeable atm.

If Igrok isn't modkilled then add him to that list if he magically comes back to hit the minimum post requirements.


In terms of everyone else.
BC - Town
Pandain - lean town
WBG -lean town
HF - lean town
VE - Lean town

Koshi - Neutral
Rayn - Neutral

Grack, MZ and Vivax are all on my watch list atm as they arent performing as they should as town.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 01 2019 15:53 GMT
#239
I think Wherebugsgo is solid town, not even learn town. He's most active person, is clearly actively reading and re-reading and using that to inform his view in a logical way (even if i disagree sometimes)


Super strong town lean on Koshi as well for his carefree posting. They just seem townie.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 01 2019 15:54 GMT
#240
not even lean town*
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 117 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 278
Codebar 45
UpATreeSC 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39220
Calm 3790
Shuttle 1868
Bisu 1725
FanTaSy 1526
Mini 1202
Soma 691
Rush 575
EffOrt 507
Stork 342
[ Show more ]
Light 318
actioN 294
Snow 267
Hyuk 259
ZerO 219
firebathero 210
Dewaltoss 108
Zeus 78
Barracks 73
hero 72
Sea.KH 53
Shinee 52
Killer 44
Sharp 39
Pusan 37
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 32
Free 26
Bale 26
Shine 21
Yoon 20
HiyA 18
Aegong 17
sorry 17
PianO 16
yabsab 14
zelot 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8118
Dendi908
League of Legends
KnowMe43
Counter-Strike
x6flipin481
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes587
Other Games
singsing2490
hiko1633
B2W.Neo297
Beastyqt290
byalli262
mouzStarbuck208
FrodaN206
Livibee193
Liquid`VortiX180
Hui .172
RotterdaM77
Mew2King61
Trikslyr59
Rex22
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV243
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV283
League of Legends
• Nemesis2275
Other Games
• Shiphtur673
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 35m
Replay Cast
7h 20m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.