• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:38
CEST 12:38
KST 19:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20263Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8443 users

[N] Uninspired Mafia - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 117 Next
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
May 01 2019 10:51 GMT
#201
On May 01 2019 08:46 Holyflare wrote:
I think jock is mafia and bc is more mafia for defending(?? ? But also accusing???) him. Not much else to add really. Didn't even realise the game had even started.

No comment.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
May 01 2019 10:53 GMT
#202
Grack rayn and hf are the pinnacle of uselessness.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
May 01 2019 10:54 GMT
#203
On May 01 2019 09:03 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2019 08:46 Holyflare wrote:
I think jock is mafia and bc is more mafia for defending(?? ? But also accusing???) him. Not much else to add really. Didn't even realise the game had even started.


You can disregard this because I've reread it and it didn't go down like this. BC still gave jock a bit of an out which I don't like but he's pretty much said stuff I was thinking about Jock's posting.

Minus points for grack not pointing this out.

Maybe not
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
May 01 2019 10:57 GMT
#204
When wdbg and mz post I have to use my brain. I dont know if this means anything
I had a good night of sleep.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 01 2019 10:58 GMT
#205
On May 01 2019 19:27 VisceraEyes wrote:
Liiiike if FF were the other wagon and not MZ that would just be super.


I'm with you here, FF is setting off alarm bells for me

what are your thoughts on no-lynch this cycle? I've actually always been of the opinion that a no-lynch on day 1 is actually really good for town because it reduces the variability, especially in low post count games like this one.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
May 01 2019 11:01 GMT
#206
On May 01 2019 19:58 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2019 19:27 VisceraEyes wrote:
Liiiike if FF were the other wagon and not MZ that would just be super.


I'm with you here, FF is setting off alarm bells for me

what are your thoughts on no-lynch this cycle? I've actually always been of the opinion that a no-lynch on day 1 is actually really good for town because it reduces the variability, especially in low post count games like this one.

No lynching is horrible. People need to get out of tunnel. Info is good. Only good if you dont lose lynch later.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
May 01 2019 11:02 GMT
#207
I lynch
Grack
Pandain
Jock
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
May 01 2019 11:04 GMT
#208
After reading filters I agree with myself
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
May 01 2019 11:04 GMT
#209
Fefe Rels also fine.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
May 01 2019 11:05 GMT
#210
From active posters I would vote rayn. But it is better to keep him alive.
I had a good night of sleep.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
May 01 2019 11:17 GMT
#211
Well Koshi is town.

Idk what to think about jock honestly. I read him like grack did earlier but i dislike his re-entry a lot. Thankfully you can murder him without me. Bugs still scum.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
May 01 2019 11:19 GMT
#212
I also think its possible koshi is right about pandain. I dont believe pandain forgot the game is going on after actually being an active poster early on. Idk why hed lie like that but to me ot sounds like 100% lie.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
May 01 2019 11:20 GMT
#213
Grack is defs not mafia though.
table for two on a tv tray
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 01 2019 11:23 GMT
#214
On May 01 2019 20:01 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2019 19:58 wherebugsgo wrote:
On May 01 2019 19:27 VisceraEyes wrote:
Liiiike if FF were the other wagon and not MZ that would just be super.


I'm with you here, FF is setting off alarm bells for me

what are your thoughts on no-lynch this cycle? I've actually always been of the opinion that a no-lynch on day 1 is actually really good for town because it reduces the variability, especially in low post count games like this one.

No lynching is horrible. People need to get out of tunnel. Info is good. Only good if you dont lose lynch later.


info is great, but IMO mislynching day 1 is not worth whatever minimal info you get if the game only has a few pages of posts/low participation. You still get info on the NK, for instance.

It's worth thinking about from a balance perspective for this game as well. Usually 13p games are 10 townies and 3 mafia, and that already tends to be a bit town-favoured here. This is a 14 player game so the only options are 11/3 or 10/4; the balance will be swingy either way (I think 10/4 might work somewhat better with more town blues but who knows what the hosts decided)

If it's 11/3, mislynching is probably okay because town has lots of room for mistakes and the no lynch could be done on a different day, but I think it's still better to do it early. Worst case (noting starts of phases)

N1: 10/3
D2: 9/3
N2: 8/3
D3: 7/3
N3: 6/3
D4: 5/3 MYLO
N4: 4/3 -> lose

No-lynching at any point gives you an extra cycle.

If it's 10/4, worst case looks like this:

N1: 9/4
D2: 8/4
N2: 7/4
D3: 6/4 MYLO
N4: 5/4 -> lose

Again, no-lynching at any point gives us an extra cycle.

If there's a vig in the setup and they miss, we lose a half-cycle, so MYLO becomes LYLO and no-lynch has no benefit (I think, unless my pea brain did something wrong)
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 01 2019 11:25 GMT
#215
On May 01 2019 20:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Well Koshi is town.

Idk what to think about jock honestly. I read him like grack did earlier but i dislike his re-entry a lot. Thankfully you can murder him without me. Bugs still scum.


for how much our opinions align it's remarkable you think I am scum
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
May 01 2019 11:29 GMT
#216
On May 01 2019 20:25 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2019 20:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Well Koshi is town.

Idk what to think about jock honestly. I read him like grack did earlier but i dislike his re-entry a lot. Thankfully you can murder him without me. Bugs still scum.


for how much our opinions align it's remarkable you think I am scum

I dont really even think you have any opinions since you write a lot of words but dont really have any hard opinions.
table for two on a tv tray
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 01 2019 11:33 GMT
#217
I don't really have any mafia reads, but I think VE is town from his carefree and open posting, and Koshi for same reason. I think that's a pretty good start for day 1.

I'm going to vote Rels because he's done absolutely nothing, and he did the same exact thing last time when I was mafia with him.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 01 2019 11:33 GMT
#218
@Wherebugsgo what were you trying to get from asking Jock about incognoto's guide? You were very insistant on it and it seemed like the most useless questions I've ever seen in my life.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 01 2019 11:51 GMT
#219
By the way I lost my wallet last night so that's why I forgot about the game. Thank God nothing too valuable was in it.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 01 2019 11:52 GMT
#220
On May 01 2019 20:33 Pandain wrote:
@Wherebugsgo what were you trying to get from asking Jock about incognoto's guide? You were very insistant on it and it seemed like the most useless questions I've ever seen in my life.


I wanted two things; one was to see whether Jock's tone and response style would be natural and the other would be whether he would actually tell me something believable. Given that Jock is very new I would expect some synthesis of Incognito's guide because he would have been bound to have read it recently. If he's town and someone in the game is asking him, I'd expect him to take the time to understand why (and reread if necessary) especially when I was indicating to him that if he didn't shape up he'd likely die. His response that followed afterward indicated that he probably lied, because even if you skim that guide literally the #1 takeaway for townies is to establish innocence. This is also why I phrased the question the way I did. Emphasis mine:

On January 09 2012 15:49 Incognito wrote:
...
II. Town
  • Defining Mafia Characteristics
  • Priority #1: Establishing Your Innocence
  • Reading the Thread
  • Posting
  • Voting
  • Blue Roles/Roleclaims
  • Bad Townie or Mafia?


...
Priority #1: Establishing Your Innocence

So, you know how to look for mafia and are ready to smoke them out. But unfortunately, just knowing how to find mafia is not good enough. The other part of the equation is convincing the town that you’ve found them. While you may be correct, it takes more than your own vote to properly seal the deal and kill off the mafia.
As a townie, your number 1 priority is to establish your innocence.
...


by itself I don't think the lie is super alignment-indicative, but the fact that Jock actually answered that question about the guide but chose not to provide reads, in response to the same post where I specifically asked for them, is. He continued to attempt to stall for time afterward and has since disappeared.

There was also no point for town Jock to ignore posts and ask HF if HF thought he's out of character compared to when he was mafia (what kind of question is that? it accomplishes nothing and doesn't even make sense, HF's post was clearly about Jock being out of character when compared to being town) and saying this:


Or I was taking the piss because the first page or so is always boring....

Reads incoming I've got some time now


rather than just coming out with them.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 117 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings30
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 204
Lowko104
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35864
Calm 2648
Shuttle 866
Bisu 760
Hyuk 436
Rush 323
Stork 256
actioN 238
Soma 185
Zeus 163
[ Show more ]
Mong 159
EffOrt 95
Pusan 87
Last 78
ZerO 53
Shinee 50
ToSsGirL 46
NotJumperer 44
Bale 42
Free 41
Dewaltoss 39
Barracks 39
Soulkey 38
Light 34
Yoon 32
Shine 31
Killer 25
Noble 25
Sharp 25
sorry 21
hero 18
HiyA 18
yabsab 14
Sacsri 12
Dota 2
Gorgc4071
League of Legends
JimRising 338
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1247
shoxiejesuss1044
edward53
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King125
Other Games
gofns40851
summit1g6730
singsing1510
ceh9569
crisheroes223
DeMusliM123
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick542
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• LUISG 27
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP9
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV240
• lizZardDota2121
League of Legends
• Stunt313
Other Games
• Shiphtur960
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
22m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2h 22m
OSC
11h 37m
Replay Cast
12h 22m
OSC
1d 12h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 23h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.