• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:35
CEST 07:35
KST 14:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202613Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10176 users

[N] Uninspired Mafia - Page 101

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 117 Next
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 08 2019 12:36 GMT
#2001
On May 08 2019 21:34 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2019 21:28 Pandain wrote:
And I really really don't like how certain Grack was on HF. I mean we know that bugs, BC, VE, and FF were all town and they thought there were serious concerns.

Grack pops in during the HF lynch to say:
On May 05 2019 02:10 Grackaroni wrote:
What the fuck guys.

Holyflare's filter is super super townie.


But he later admits he hadn't even read the case on him:
On May 05 2019 02:54 Grackaroni wrote:
I'm reading through your filter atm VE so I'll see what your case on HF is.




I agree on this, particularly as prior to that I didn’t have the impression that grack was closely following the game. If he were more present, I’d buy that he’d been reading and had come to some conclusion, but if that were the case he’d have tried to interact with us and slow down the momentum.

Every time grack has some resistance to a lynch though that resistance doesn’t seem to be real/come in a townie fashion. I think townies would interject whenever necessary to prevent mislynches. I’m not getting that impression.

There are lots of other factors at play here though. Like I’ve seen bad things in both grack’s and MZ’s play and one has to be town


I thought about that but Grack actually does have lots of posts arguing why HF shouldn't be lynched.

But it doesn't mean that much to me anyway, because as I know the other lynch he was pushing was on a townie (me).
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 08 2019 12:36 GMT
#2002
On May 08 2019 21:31 VisceraEyes wrote:
Then VE lynches HF like a fucking tool.

Man fuck this game I'm done.


On meta alone how would you place MZ’s play this game?

Btw I’m right there with you on this game, but don’t beat yourself up about anything, you did the most of anyone to keep town in this.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 08 2019 12:37 GMT
#2003
On May 08 2019 21:36 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2019 21:34 wherebugsgo wrote:
On May 08 2019 21:28 Pandain wrote:
And I really really don't like how certain Grack was on HF. I mean we know that bugs, BC, VE, and FF were all town and they thought there were serious concerns.

Grack pops in during the HF lynch to say:
On May 05 2019 02:10 Grackaroni wrote:
What the fuck guys.

Holyflare's filter is super super townie.


But he later admits he hadn't even read the case on him:
On May 05 2019 02:54 Grackaroni wrote:
I'm reading through your filter atm VE so I'll see what your case on HF is.




I agree on this, particularly as prior to that I didn’t have the impression that grack was closely following the game. If he were more present, I’d buy that he’d been reading and had come to some conclusion, but if that were the case he’d have tried to interact with us and slow down the momentum.

Every time grack has some resistance to a lynch though that resistance doesn’t seem to be real/come in a townie fashion. I think townies would interject whenever necessary to prevent mislynches. I’m not getting that impression.

There are lots of other factors at play here though. Like I’ve seen bad things in both grack’s and MZ’s play and one has to be town


I thought about that but Grack actually does have lots of posts arguing why HF shouldn't be lynched.

But it doesn't mean that much to me anyway, because as I know the other lynch he was pushing was on a townie (me).


That came EoD though right? Similar to his anti push on FF
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 08 2019 12:39 GMT
#2004
On May 08 2019 21:36 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2019 21:34 wherebugsgo wrote:
On May 08 2019 21:28 Pandain wrote:
And I really really don't like how certain Grack was on HF. I mean we know that bugs, BC, VE, and FF were all town and they thought there were serious concerns.

Grack pops in during the HF lynch to say:
On May 05 2019 02:10 Grackaroni wrote:
What the fuck guys.

Holyflare's filter is super super townie.


But he later admits he hadn't even read the case on him:
On May 05 2019 02:54 Grackaroni wrote:
I'm reading through your filter atm VE so I'll see what your case on HF is.




I agree on this, particularly as prior to that I didn’t have the impression that grack was closely following the game. If he were more present, I’d buy that he’d been reading and had come to some conclusion, but if that were the case he’d have tried to interact with us and slow down the momentum.

Every time grack has some resistance to a lynch though that resistance doesn’t seem to be real/come in a townie fashion. I think townies would interject whenever necessary to prevent mislynches. I’m not getting that impression.

There are lots of other factors at play here though. Like I’ve seen bad things in both grack’s and MZ’s play and one has to be town


I thought about that but Grack actually does have lots of posts arguing why HF shouldn't be lynched.

But it doesn't mean that much to me anyway, because as I know the other lynch he was pushing was on a townie (me).

This isn't meaningless though, because there's no guarantee he could have landed a lynch on you if he convinced anyone off HF.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 08 2019 12:41 GMT
#2005
I'll say that Grack strikes me as a deadline player regardless of alignment.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 08 2019 12:41 GMT
#2006
He made the first post 2 hours 50 minutes before EoD, start seriously pushing to not lynch HF an hour and 20 minutes before EoD. But he made a decent amount of posts. You're right he didn't start immediately defending HF, but he was active from then on.

I mean dude I'm with you I think he's scummy. But as this is mafia, there could be many explanations and it's not definitive.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 08 2019 12:42 GMT
#2007
I don't know why I'm defending someone I want to get lynched.

Nevermind bugs, you're 100% right and the reasoning is brilliant. Let's lynch Grack
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 08 2019 12:43 GMT
#2008
On May 08 2019 21:39 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2019 21:36 Pandain wrote:
On May 08 2019 21:34 wherebugsgo wrote:
On May 08 2019 21:28 Pandain wrote:
And I really really don't like how certain Grack was on HF. I mean we know that bugs, BC, VE, and FF were all town and they thought there were serious concerns.

Grack pops in during the HF lynch to say:
On May 05 2019 02:10 Grackaroni wrote:
What the fuck guys.

Holyflare's filter is super super townie.


But he later admits he hadn't even read the case on him:
On May 05 2019 02:54 Grackaroni wrote:
I'm reading through your filter atm VE so I'll see what your case on HF is.




I agree on this, particularly as prior to that I didn’t have the impression that grack was closely following the game. If he were more present, I’d buy that he’d been reading and had come to some conclusion, but if that were the case he’d have tried to interact with us and slow down the momentum.

Every time grack has some resistance to a lynch though that resistance doesn’t seem to be real/come in a townie fashion. I think townies would interject whenever necessary to prevent mislynches. I’m not getting that impression.

There are lots of other factors at play here though. Like I’ve seen bad things in both grack’s and MZ’s play and one has to be town


I thought about that but Grack actually does have lots of posts arguing why HF shouldn't be lynched.

But it doesn't mean that much to me anyway, because as I know the other lynch he was pushing was on a townie (me).

This isn't meaningless though, because there's no guarantee he could have landed a lynch on you if he convinced anyone off HF.


The only two votes that were going to happen, 100%, was me and HF. And in fact most people were suspicious about me at that point and I think most of the HF voters had originally voted me. So if he convinced someone off of them it would probably go to me; even you and BC were still very suspicious of me at that point.

wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 08 2019 12:44 GMT
#2009
idk I think grack’s push on me actually makes him seem really townie.

Like if I were town in his situation and I didn’t agree with you, VE, I probably wouldn’t rule myself out as scum. Like, from that perspective I don’t think he sees a good reason to townread me because he’s aware to some degree that I can play an active scum game.

Unlike slam, who I think doesn’t have enough in the way of opinion-conveying posts, my problem on grack is that it is sometimes hard to follow the logic and rationale for his thoughts. The actual results of those thoughts aren’t my terrible.

I also recognize that a scum here would know they need to paint both myself and Pandain badly because it helps in endgame when only one of us is alive
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 08 2019 12:45 GMT
#2010
On May 08 2019 21:42 Pandain wrote:
I don't know why I'm defending someone I want to get lynched.

Nevermind bugs, you're 100% right and the reasoning is brilliant. Let's lynch Grack


I’m really like 50% on grack. Like I said above I see huge variance in his posts, like some I’d say look really townish and others just make me think no townie would ever post that
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 08 2019 12:46 GMT
#2011
On May 08 2019 21:44 wherebugsgo wrote:
idk I think grack’s push on me actually makes him seem really townie.

Like if I were town in his situation and I didn’t agree with you, VE, I probably wouldn’t rule myself out as scum. Like, from that perspective I don’t think he sees a good reason to townread me because he’s aware to some degree that I can play an active scum game.

Unlike slam, who I think doesn’t have enough in the way of opinion-conveying posts, my problem on grack is that it is sometimes hard to follow the logic and rationale for his thoughts. The actual results of those thoughts aren’t my terrible.

I also recognize that a scum here would know they need to paint both myself and Pandain badly because it helps in endgame when only one of us is alive


The bottom is important. One of bugs and I are going to be alive in the endgame.

Also let's not forget that BC's main scumread was Grack.

As to the above, I don't really understand why Grack's push on you makes him townie. Explain?
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 08 2019 12:48 GMT
#2012
On May 08 2019 21:45 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2019 21:42 Pandain wrote:
I don't know why I'm defending someone I want to get lynched.

Nevermind bugs, you're 100% right and the reasoning is brilliant. Let's lynch Grack


I’m really like 50% on grack. Like I said above I see huge variance in his posts, like some I’d say look really townish and others just make me think no townie would ever post that


Mafia is great at making townish points. It's because they actually know what is happening in the game and the "right" thing to do and say.

You have to find the things that don't make sense and focus on them.

I remember ver or Qatol or Incognoto saying one time that "90% of a posts by a scum are probably okay, it's the 10% slipups that you have to focus on"

VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 08 2019 12:48 GMT
#2013
On May 05 2019 04:56 Grackaroni wrote:
lol HF if you flip mafia I am going to look sooooo shitty.

Even at the time I read this post as

On May 05 2019 04:56 VE saw Grackaroni write:
lol HF when you flip town I am going to look sooooo gooooooooood.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
May 08 2019 12:49 GMT
#2014
I know it's not certain at all but I hope that from pushing both Vivax and Koshi and my play the last two days it's obvious I'm town at least to the same degree it's obvious that bugs is town.

Would you two agree?

That will definitely help us in the endgame.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 08 2019 12:53 GMT
#2015
On May 08 2019 21:49 Pandain wrote:
I know it's not certain at all but I hope that from pushing both Vivax and Koshi and my play the last two days it's obvious I'm town at least to the same degree it's obvious that bugs is town.

Would you two agree?

That will definitely help us in the endgame.

I'm not giving out any more passes guy. Move along.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 08 2019 12:53 GMT
#2016
I often employ a reverse-OMGUS because I noticed a pattern over a long period of time where mafia players would buddy me in thread while townies would accuse me of being scum. Compare this to when I’m scum, typically I receive very little lynch attention until one of my teammates flip because I tend to put a lot of faith and coaching in my scum teammates. I basically just strive for a perfect victory if I’m scum and I will literally coach the fear out of teammates and make them post a lot. Sometimes that backfires though because they post things that make me look bad.

Anyway, grack calling me scum is one of those things that can make sense from both alignments. Hell, him calling HF town and defending him EoD is potentially good from both alignments as well, just slightly more scummy to me given the lateness and the manner of it. I think the most suspicious thing about grack’s opinions is not the actual opinions themselves but the way they have changed is not clear.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 08 2019 12:55 GMT
#2017
On May 08 2019 21:53 wherebugsgo wrote:
I often employ a reverse-OMGUS because I noticed a pattern over a long period of time where mafia players would buddy me in thread while townies would accuse me of being scum. Compare this to when I’m scum, typically I receive very little lynch attention until one of my teammates flip because I tend to put a lot of faith and coaching in my scum teammates. I basically just strive for a perfect victory if I’m scum and I will literally coach the fear out of teammates and make them post a lot. Sometimes that backfires though because they post things that make me look bad.

Anyway, grack calling me scum is one of those things that can make sense from both alignments. Hell, him calling HF town and defending him EoD is potentially good from both alignments as well, just slightly more scummy to me given the lateness and the manner of it. I think the most suspicious thing about grack’s opinions is not the actual opinions themselves but the way they have changed is not clear.

Could the bolded just be a result of his inactivity and the times when he chooses to post?

Like, townies are often not clear on their reasoning, this seems bad.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 08 2019 12:55 GMT
#2018
On May 08 2019 21:48 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2019 21:45 wherebugsgo wrote:
On May 08 2019 21:42 Pandain wrote:
I don't know why I'm defending someone I want to get lynched.

Nevermind bugs, you're 100% right and the reasoning is brilliant. Let's lynch Grack


I’m really like 50% on grack. Like I said above I see huge variance in his posts, like some I’d say look really townish and others just make me think no townie would ever post that


Mafia is great at making townish points. It's because they actually know what is happening in the game and the "right" thing to do and say.

You have to find the things that don't make sense and focus on them.

I remember ver or Qatol or Incognoto saying one time that "90% of a posts by a scum are probably okay, it's the 10% slipups that you have to focus on"



I don’t disagree here, it’s exactly why I thought HF was scum. Townies often have weird reasons for doing things and unless you see those reasons and they make sense it’s hard to come to a definitive conclusion. Neither MZ nor grack have helped elucidate reasons
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 08 2019 12:58 GMT
#2019
idk, my opinion is that you guys are arguing about lynching the townies and backburnering the mafia Slam and it's going to bite you in the ass.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 08 2019 12:58 GMT
#2020
On May 08 2019 21:55 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2019 21:53 wherebugsgo wrote:
I often employ a reverse-OMGUS because I noticed a pattern over a long period of time where mafia players would buddy me in thread while townies would accuse me of being scum. Compare this to when I’m scum, typically I receive very little lynch attention until one of my teammates flip because I tend to put a lot of faith and coaching in my scum teammates. I basically just strive for a perfect victory if I’m scum and I will literally coach the fear out of teammates and make them post a lot. Sometimes that backfires though because they post things that make me look bad.

Anyway, grack calling me scum is one of those things that can make sense from both alignments. Hell, him calling HF town and defending him EoD is potentially good from both alignments as well, just slightly more scummy to me given the lateness and the manner of it. I think the most suspicious thing about grack’s opinions is not the actual opinions themselves but the way they have changed is not clear.

Could the bolded just be a result of his inactivity and the times when he chooses to post?

Like, townies are often not clear on their reasoning, this seems bad.


Yeah, which is why I asked him directly why he changed his read on me. I wanted to know why he thought HF was town as well. I had a half troll half serious post when we were lynching HF where I just took a few posts from past games to see if grack could come up with good reasons for reading HF (and be right/as sure as he was here). I don’t feel like I’ve gotten much from grack about his opinions though. Like the Vivax Pandain thing is also still really weird.
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 117 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 183
Nina 113
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3727
Sharp 405
Mong 105
Dewaltoss 85
Icarus 10
Noble 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King216
Other Games
summit1g6952
WinterStarcraft592
C9.Mang0276
Sick139
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 38
• StrangeGG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2256
League of Legends
• Lourlo1091
• Stunt374
Other Games
• Shiphtur467
Upcoming Events
OSC
17h 25m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 4h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.