• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:51
CEST 02:51
KST 09:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8101 users

[M][T] Haunted Mansion 3 - Page 18

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 155 Next
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
September 09 2016 11:12 GMT
#341
On September 09 2016 14:03 Tumblewood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 11:00 Holyflare wrote:
You shouldn't expect a follow up from Tumblewood that guy is 100% free madia lynch bait.


i'm just not gonna waste 4 hours explaining myself to some scrub who thinks he's caught me in a lie
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 10:23 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On September 09 2016 10:21 Tumblewood wrote:
pls stop making me explain myself


It's kind of the point of the game.

If you have reads but can't express them, no one's going to follow them, and you're as useless as town-Palmar.

Explain them.

see?
it's not even my reads that are unexplained. it's my non-reads. like I have to waste my time explaining why you're all scrubs and I'm not scum for saying something but not drawing a conclusion from it
Show nested quote +
The worst post of this game and I've only read like 8 posts.

but that makes it seem less bad if it's only one of 8 posts you've seen
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 11:33 fuba wrote:
On September 09 2016 09:26 Tumblewood wrote:
fuba also seems pretty cool

While I appreciate it, it always makes me uncomfortable when people town read me, especially D1 XD

sorry nvm you're scum + Show Spoiler [in case you couldn't tell] +
that was a j o k e and I still think he is town

can I just complain about new players for a sec? cause I'm reading some posts by NU and he keeps attacking people for being lazy. I get the intentions and that may or not be valid on your home site but here on TL lazy is the meta. it's like a competition for who can look the laziest each game.

I want to sheep you hf but after last game I'm paranoid


If It takes you 4 hours to answer 3 fucking questions, mafia isn't for you.

It's 100% your reads that aren't explained. "is cool" "is interesting" I like" aren't worth shit without backing up. HF is right, you're lynch bait.

Then drop that lazy meta for a game. I didn't sign up for a lurkfest/laziest-person-wins! game.

Still waiting for you to actually respond to my questions and stop being overly defensive.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
September 09 2016 11:13 GMT
#342
On September 09 2016 14:06 Tumblewood wrote:
also, depending on the site meta for wherever NU is from, the chainsaw defense (this is my first time using that term btw) may or may not exclude him from being partners with tictock. is that a chainsaw defense? I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly, but it would be a pretty ballsy play to soft defend tt / attack hf if NU knows what he's doing.


Chainsaw defense? uwotm8? I agreed with all of the points HF made on TickTock and was thinking about voting him until he admitted that he didn't read the thread. I'm not sheeping someone who is careless, that goes without saying.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
September 09 2016 11:17 GMT
#343
On September 09 2016 17:47 Superbia wrote:
Like having 2 checks per night is excellent. Having town KP back up is excellent. We lose 1 town vote on the second town lynch. And we lose none during N1.

Do they get two checks though? The way I understood it is the Ghosts are 'one slot'. They collectively have 1 check/night, not 1 check/ghost.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 11:17 GMT
#344
On September 09 2016 20:17 NeverUnlucky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 17:47 Superbia wrote:
Like having 2 checks per night is excellent. Having town KP back up is excellent. We lose 1 town vote on the second town lynch. And we lose none during N1.

Do they get two checks though? The way I understood it is the Ghosts are 'one slot'. They collectively have 1 check/night, not 1 check/ghost.


Dismiss entire plan. Is useless. Carry on with your train of thought on Tumble/whoever.
Minimal effort.
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
September 09 2016 11:19 GMT
#345
On September 09 2016 17:53 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 17:52 Grackaroni wrote:
Sorry Superbs. You aren't townie enough to get lynched yet. You're going to have to prove that you're town in case we accidentally lynch a mafia.


All jokes aside lynching a veteran town d1 is really good.


This statement is all sorts of flawed.

I've to go for ~7 hours. I'll catch up and point out the flaws of this strategy when I get back.

<3 Calix
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 11:21 GMT
#346
Man those were some pretty mafia posts.
Minimal effort.
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
September 09 2016 11:24 GMT
#347
On September 09 2016 20:19 NeverUnlucky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 17:53 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 17:52 Grackaroni wrote:
Sorry Superbs. You aren't townie enough to get lynched yet. You're going to have to prove that you're town in case we accidentally lynch a mafia.


All jokes aside lynching a veteran town d1 is really good.


This statement is all sorts of flawed.

I've to go for ~7 hours. I'll catch up and point out the flaws of this strategy when I get back.

<3 Calix

Nevermind the ~7 hours, just got a notification that my class was canceled, zzz. Be back in 3 hours.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
September 09 2016 11:26 GMT
#348
Yo. Doesn't look like much happened. What I got was:

- Superbia is really townie given his setup-spec talk and stream-of-consciousness style posting and I don't see scum ever entering the thread like that. Also I agree with the reads he's posted. Palmar's flippancy is also kinda town although that might just be his personality. He wasn't amazingly involved in the setup talk but the way the conversation progressed made me feel good about him.

- Don't like Grackaroni. It feels like he's just hanging on the sidelines; he wasn't very involved in the discussion and most of the posts I read while catching up seemed like he was posting for the sake of looking active. Like there were a lot of places where he could have posted something substantial and he just made some joke comment instead.

- I don't like Tumblewood still.

On September 09 2016 14:03 Tumblewood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 11:00 Holyflare wrote:
You shouldn't expect a follow up from Tumblewood that guy is 100% free madia lynch bait.


i'm just not gonna waste 4 hours explaining myself to some scrub who thinks he's caught me in a lie
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 10:23 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On September 09 2016 10:21 Tumblewood wrote:
pls stop making me explain myself


It's kind of the point of the game.

If you have reads but can't express them, no one's going to follow them, and you're as useless as town-Palmar.

Explain them.

see?
it's not even my reads that are unexplained. it's my non-reads. like I have to waste my time explaining why you're all scrubs and I'm not scum for saying something but not drawing a conclusion from it
Show nested quote +
The worst post of this game and I've only read like 8 posts.

but that makes it seem less bad if it's only one of 8 posts you've seen
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 11:33 fuba wrote:
On September 09 2016 09:26 Tumblewood wrote:
fuba also seems pretty cool

While I appreciate it, it always makes me uncomfortable when people town read me, especially D1 XD

sorry nvm you're scum + Show Spoiler [in case you couldn't tell] +
that was a j o k e and I still think he is town

can I just complain about new players for a sec? cause I'm reading some posts by NU and he keeps attacking people for being lazy. I get the intentions and that may or not be valid on your home site but here on TL lazy is the meta. it's like a competition for who can look the laziest each game.

I want to sheep you hf but after last game I'm paranoid


I'll take "avoiding the main points being raised against me" for £200, Alex.

Add a dose of unnecessary off-topic whining about Teh N00bs. Oh noes.

That last line is really scummy. It's the classic "oh I'll give lip service to lynching X scummy person but then I'll give some bullshit excuse to not follow up on it" scum tactic when the scum feel compelled to talk about their scummy partners but don't actually want to bus them - there is literally NO reason to not vote for Ticktock at this point in time. Paranoia isn't a logical excuse - wouldn't you want to clarify your suspicions by pressuring Ticktock? Why is no-voting better exactly?

- The only point of Holyflare's that I find compelling is Ticktock's contradiction ("I find setup spec boring, here's some setup spec") since it makes his point look like filler. Everything else is just background noise compared to that point imo.

tl;dr: Grackaroni/ Tumblewood/ Ticktock are my scum-reads and the fact that they are low-key defending each other just makes me feel more confident that lynching among these three is the best option.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 11:26 GMT
#349
Time to drive the bus home and play mafia?
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 11:31 GMT
#350
On September 09 2016 20:26 Calix wrote:
Yo. Doesn't look like much happened. What I got was:

- Superbia is really townie given his setup-spec talk and stream-of-consciousness style posting and I don't see scum ever entering the thread like that. Also I agree with the reads he's posted. Palmar's flippancy is also kinda town although that might just be his personality. He wasn't amazingly involved in the setup talk but the way the conversation progressed made me feel good about him.

- Don't like Grackaroni. It feels like he's just hanging on the sidelines; he wasn't very involved in the discussion and most of the posts I read while catching up seemed like he was posting for the sake of looking active. Like there were a lot of places where he could have posted something substantial and he just made some joke comment instead.

- I don't like Tumblewood still.

Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 14:03 Tumblewood wrote:
On September 09 2016 11:00 Holyflare wrote:
You shouldn't expect a follow up from Tumblewood that guy is 100% free madia lynch bait.


i'm just not gonna waste 4 hours explaining myself to some scrub who thinks he's caught me in a lie
On September 09 2016 10:23 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On September 09 2016 10:21 Tumblewood wrote:
pls stop making me explain myself


It's kind of the point of the game.

If you have reads but can't express them, no one's going to follow them, and you're as useless as town-Palmar.

Explain them.

see?
it's not even my reads that are unexplained. it's my non-reads. like I have to waste my time explaining why you're all scrubs and I'm not scum for saying something but not drawing a conclusion from it
The worst post of this game and I've only read like 8 posts.

but that makes it seem less bad if it's only one of 8 posts you've seen
On September 09 2016 11:33 fuba wrote:
On September 09 2016 09:26 Tumblewood wrote:
fuba also seems pretty cool

While I appreciate it, it always makes me uncomfortable when people town read me, especially D1 XD

sorry nvm you're scum + Show Spoiler [in case you couldn't tell] +
that was a j o k e and I still think he is town

can I just complain about new players for a sec? cause I'm reading some posts by NU and he keeps attacking people for being lazy. I get the intentions and that may or not be valid on your home site but here on TL lazy is the meta. it's like a competition for who can look the laziest each game.

I want to sheep you hf but after last game I'm paranoid


I'll take "avoiding the main points being raised against me" for £200, Alex.

Add a dose of unnecessary off-topic whining about Teh N00bs. Oh noes.

That last line is really scummy. It's the classic "oh I'll give lip service to lynching X scummy person but then I'll give some bullshit excuse to not follow up on it" scum tactic when the scum feel compelled to talk about their scummy partners but don't actually want to bus them - there is literally NO reason to not vote for Ticktock at this point in time. Paranoia isn't a logical excuse - wouldn't you want to clarify your suspicions by pressuring Ticktock? Why is no-voting better exactly?

- The only point of Holyflare's that I find compelling is Ticktock's contradiction ("I find setup spec boring, here's some setup spec") since it makes his point look like filler. Everything else is just background noise compared to that point imo.

tl;dr: Grackaroni/ Tumblewood/ Ticktock are my scum-reads and the fact that they are low-key defending each other just makes me feel more confident that lynching among these three is the best option.


So:
- I'm town
- My one townread is town.
- All my mafia reads are mafia.

Good reads.

In all seriousness, nice pocket regardless of your alignment. Townpass-ish!

What do you think of NeverUnlucky? You've played with him before, right?
Minimal effort.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
September 09 2016 11:37 GMT
#351
On September 09 2016 20:31 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 20:26 Calix wrote:
Yo. Doesn't look like much happened. What I got was:

- Superbia is really townie given his setup-spec talk and stream-of-consciousness style posting and I don't see scum ever entering the thread like that. Also I agree with the reads he's posted. Palmar's flippancy is also kinda town although that might just be his personality. He wasn't amazingly involved in the setup talk but the way the conversation progressed made me feel good about him.

- Don't like Grackaroni. It feels like he's just hanging on the sidelines; he wasn't very involved in the discussion and most of the posts I read while catching up seemed like he was posting for the sake of looking active. Like there were a lot of places where he could have posted something substantial and he just made some joke comment instead.

- I don't like Tumblewood still.

On September 09 2016 14:03 Tumblewood wrote:
On September 09 2016 11:00 Holyflare wrote:
You shouldn't expect a follow up from Tumblewood that guy is 100% free madia lynch bait.


i'm just not gonna waste 4 hours explaining myself to some scrub who thinks he's caught me in a lie
On September 09 2016 10:23 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On September 09 2016 10:21 Tumblewood wrote:
pls stop making me explain myself


It's kind of the point of the game.

If you have reads but can't express them, no one's going to follow them, and you're as useless as town-Palmar.

Explain them.

see?
it's not even my reads that are unexplained. it's my non-reads. like I have to waste my time explaining why you're all scrubs and I'm not scum for saying something but not drawing a conclusion from it
The worst post of this game and I've only read like 8 posts.

but that makes it seem less bad if it's only one of 8 posts you've seen
On September 09 2016 11:33 fuba wrote:
On September 09 2016 09:26 Tumblewood wrote:
fuba also seems pretty cool

While I appreciate it, it always makes me uncomfortable when people town read me, especially D1 XD

sorry nvm you're scum + Show Spoiler [in case you couldn't tell] +
that was a j o k e and I still think he is town

can I just complain about new players for a sec? cause I'm reading some posts by NU and he keeps attacking people for being lazy. I get the intentions and that may or not be valid on your home site but here on TL lazy is the meta. it's like a competition for who can look the laziest each game.

I want to sheep you hf but after last game I'm paranoid


I'll take "avoiding the main points being raised against me" for £200, Alex.

Add a dose of unnecessary off-topic whining about Teh N00bs. Oh noes.

That last line is really scummy. It's the classic "oh I'll give lip service to lynching X scummy person but then I'll give some bullshit excuse to not follow up on it" scum tactic when the scum feel compelled to talk about their scummy partners but don't actually want to bus them - there is literally NO reason to not vote for Ticktock at this point in time. Paranoia isn't a logical excuse - wouldn't you want to clarify your suspicions by pressuring Ticktock? Why is no-voting better exactly?

- The only point of Holyflare's that I find compelling is Ticktock's contradiction ("I find setup spec boring, here's some setup spec") since it makes his point look like filler. Everything else is just background noise compared to that point imo.

tl;dr: Grackaroni/ Tumblewood/ Ticktock are my scum-reads and the fact that they are low-key defending each other just makes me feel more confident that lynching among these three is the best option.


So:
- I'm town
- My one townread is town.
- All my mafia reads are mafia.

Good reads.

In all seriousness, nice pocket regardless of your alignment. Townpass-ish!

What do you think of NeverUnlucky? You've played with him before, right?


I have.

He's a scrub but he's town. He's more proactive and abrasive compared to his scum play. He gets mislynched a lot given he's presumptuous, arrogant, prone to trolling, has poor persuasion abilities, etc, so I am not surprised that he's under some suspicion.

I am also 99% sure that he's read like, one or two past games on this site and that's why he's acting like he knows what everyone's meta is. Recently, he read one of my scum games from five months ago and now thinks he's an expert. That's how he rolls.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 11:41 GMT
#352
On September 09 2016 20:37 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 20:31 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:26 Calix wrote:
Yo. Doesn't look like much happened. What I got was:

- Superbia is really townie given his setup-spec talk and stream-of-consciousness style posting and I don't see scum ever entering the thread like that. Also I agree with the reads he's posted. Palmar's flippancy is also kinda town although that might just be his personality. He wasn't amazingly involved in the setup talk but the way the conversation progressed made me feel good about him.

- Don't like Grackaroni. It feels like he's just hanging on the sidelines; he wasn't very involved in the discussion and most of the posts I read while catching up seemed like he was posting for the sake of looking active. Like there were a lot of places where he could have posted something substantial and he just made some joke comment instead.

- I don't like Tumblewood still.

On September 09 2016 14:03 Tumblewood wrote:
On September 09 2016 11:00 Holyflare wrote:
You shouldn't expect a follow up from Tumblewood that guy is 100% free madia lynch bait.


i'm just not gonna waste 4 hours explaining myself to some scrub who thinks he's caught me in a lie
On September 09 2016 10:23 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On September 09 2016 10:21 Tumblewood wrote:
pls stop making me explain myself


It's kind of the point of the game.

If you have reads but can't express them, no one's going to follow them, and you're as useless as town-Palmar.

Explain them.

see?
it's not even my reads that are unexplained. it's my non-reads. like I have to waste my time explaining why you're all scrubs and I'm not scum for saying something but not drawing a conclusion from it
The worst post of this game and I've only read like 8 posts.

but that makes it seem less bad if it's only one of 8 posts you've seen
On September 09 2016 11:33 fuba wrote:
On September 09 2016 09:26 Tumblewood wrote:
fuba also seems pretty cool

While I appreciate it, it always makes me uncomfortable when people town read me, especially D1 XD

sorry nvm you're scum + Show Spoiler [in case you couldn't tell] +
that was a j o k e and I still think he is town

can I just complain about new players for a sec? cause I'm reading some posts by NU and he keeps attacking people for being lazy. I get the intentions and that may or not be valid on your home site but here on TL lazy is the meta. it's like a competition for who can look the laziest each game.

I want to sheep you hf but after last game I'm paranoid


I'll take "avoiding the main points being raised against me" for £200, Alex.

Add a dose of unnecessary off-topic whining about Teh N00bs. Oh noes.

That last line is really scummy. It's the classic "oh I'll give lip service to lynching X scummy person but then I'll give some bullshit excuse to not follow up on it" scum tactic when the scum feel compelled to talk about their scummy partners but don't actually want to bus them - there is literally NO reason to not vote for Ticktock at this point in time. Paranoia isn't a logical excuse - wouldn't you want to clarify your suspicions by pressuring Ticktock? Why is no-voting better exactly?

- The only point of Holyflare's that I find compelling is Ticktock's contradiction ("I find setup spec boring, here's some setup spec") since it makes his point look like filler. Everything else is just background noise compared to that point imo.

tl;dr: Grackaroni/ Tumblewood/ Ticktock are my scum-reads and the fact that they are low-key defending each other just makes me feel more confident that lynching among these three is the best option.


So:
- I'm town
- My one townread is town.
- All my mafia reads are mafia.

Good reads.

In all seriousness, nice pocket regardless of your alignment. Townpass-ish!

What do you think of NeverUnlucky? You've played with him before, right?


I have.

He's a scrub but he's town. He's more proactive and abrasive compared to his scum play. He gets mislynched a lot given he's presumptuous, arrogant, prone to trolling, has poor persuasion abilities, etc, so I am not surprised that he's under some suspicion.

I am also 99% sure that he's read like, one or two past games on this site and that's why he's acting like he knows what everyone's meta is. Recently, he read one of my scum games from five months ago and now thinks he's an expert. That's how he rolls.


Is he prone to be abrasive and yet form no actual opinion on someone? He calls TW 'lynchbait', which suggests he is TRing him, but nothing suggests he is reaching any actual conclusion. Seems weird to put seemingly that much energy/emotion into something but reach no real conclusion.
Minimal effort.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
September 09 2016 11:50 GMT
#353
On September 09 2016 20:41 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 20:37 Calix wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:31 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:26 Calix wrote:
Yo. Doesn't look like much happened. What I got was:

- Superbia is really townie given his setup-spec talk and stream-of-consciousness style posting and I don't see scum ever entering the thread like that. Also I agree with the reads he's posted. Palmar's flippancy is also kinda town although that might just be his personality. He wasn't amazingly involved in the setup talk but the way the conversation progressed made me feel good about him.

- Don't like Grackaroni. It feels like he's just hanging on the sidelines; he wasn't very involved in the discussion and most of the posts I read while catching up seemed like he was posting for the sake of looking active. Like there were a lot of places where he could have posted something substantial and he just made some joke comment instead.

- I don't like Tumblewood still.

On September 09 2016 14:03 Tumblewood wrote:
On September 09 2016 11:00 Holyflare wrote:
You shouldn't expect a follow up from Tumblewood that guy is 100% free madia lynch bait.


i'm just not gonna waste 4 hours explaining myself to some scrub who thinks he's caught me in a lie
On September 09 2016 10:23 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On September 09 2016 10:21 Tumblewood wrote:
pls stop making me explain myself


It's kind of the point of the game.

If you have reads but can't express them, no one's going to follow them, and you're as useless as town-Palmar.

Explain them.

see?
it's not even my reads that are unexplained. it's my non-reads. like I have to waste my time explaining why you're all scrubs and I'm not scum for saying something but not drawing a conclusion from it
The worst post of this game and I've only read like 8 posts.

but that makes it seem less bad if it's only one of 8 posts you've seen
On September 09 2016 11:33 fuba wrote:
On September 09 2016 09:26 Tumblewood wrote:
fuba also seems pretty cool

While I appreciate it, it always makes me uncomfortable when people town read me, especially D1 XD

sorry nvm you're scum + Show Spoiler [in case you couldn't tell] +
that was a j o k e and I still think he is town

can I just complain about new players for a sec? cause I'm reading some posts by NU and he keeps attacking people for being lazy. I get the intentions and that may or not be valid on your home site but here on TL lazy is the meta. it's like a competition for who can look the laziest each game.

I want to sheep you hf but after last game I'm paranoid


I'll take "avoiding the main points being raised against me" for £200, Alex.

Add a dose of unnecessary off-topic whining about Teh N00bs. Oh noes.

That last line is really scummy. It's the classic "oh I'll give lip service to lynching X scummy person but then I'll give some bullshit excuse to not follow up on it" scum tactic when the scum feel compelled to talk about their scummy partners but don't actually want to bus them - there is literally NO reason to not vote for Ticktock at this point in time. Paranoia isn't a logical excuse - wouldn't you want to clarify your suspicions by pressuring Ticktock? Why is no-voting better exactly?

- The only point of Holyflare's that I find compelling is Ticktock's contradiction ("I find setup spec boring, here's some setup spec") since it makes his point look like filler. Everything else is just background noise compared to that point imo.

tl;dr: Grackaroni/ Tumblewood/ Ticktock are my scum-reads and the fact that they are low-key defending each other just makes me feel more confident that lynching among these three is the best option.


So:
- I'm town
- My one townread is town.
- All my mafia reads are mafia.

Good reads.

In all seriousness, nice pocket regardless of your alignment. Townpass-ish!

What do you think of NeverUnlucky? You've played with him before, right?


I have.

He's a scrub but he's town. He's more proactive and abrasive compared to his scum play. He gets mislynched a lot given he's presumptuous, arrogant, prone to trolling, has poor persuasion abilities, etc, so I am not surprised that he's under some suspicion.

I am also 99% sure that he's read like, one or two past games on this site and that's why he's acting like he knows what everyone's meta is. Recently, he read one of my scum games from five months ago and now thinks he's an expert. That's how he rolls.


Is he prone to be abrasive and yet form no actual opinion on someone? He calls TW 'lynchbait', which suggests he is TRing him, but nothing suggests he is reaching any actual conclusion. Seems weird to put seemingly that much energy/emotion into something but reach no real conclusion.


Oh wait, forgot to add. He is prone to hyperbole ("this Village Idiot making a bad move is LITERALLY GAME-THROWING GUISE") and being emotional about random crap.

Anyway, I think what you're referring to there is his tendency to make 'cutting' comments for the sake of making a cutting comment. Not sure on his intentions with the lynchbait comment - I just assumed that he had decided to read a TW game or something so worth asking about that.

I remember my last game where he was town and he was discrediting one of his town-reads a bunch. Not that I am any better given that I'm calling him a moron and a scrub in this game but it's not scum-indicative of him.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 09 2016 11:51 GMT
#354
i like this calix guy
Computer says mafia
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 11:54 GMT
#355
On September 09 2016 20:50 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 20:41 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:37 Calix wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:31 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:26 Calix wrote:
Yo. Doesn't look like much happened. What I got was:

- Superbia is really townie given his setup-spec talk and stream-of-consciousness style posting and I don't see scum ever entering the thread like that. Also I agree with the reads he's posted. Palmar's flippancy is also kinda town although that might just be his personality. He wasn't amazingly involved in the setup talk but the way the conversation progressed made me feel good about him.

- Don't like Grackaroni. It feels like he's just hanging on the sidelines; he wasn't very involved in the discussion and most of the posts I read while catching up seemed like he was posting for the sake of looking active. Like there were a lot of places where he could have posted something substantial and he just made some joke comment instead.

- I don't like Tumblewood still.

On September 09 2016 14:03 Tumblewood wrote:
On September 09 2016 11:00 Holyflare wrote:
You shouldn't expect a follow up from Tumblewood that guy is 100% free madia lynch bait.


i'm just not gonna waste 4 hours explaining myself to some scrub who thinks he's caught me in a lie
On September 09 2016 10:23 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On September 09 2016 10:21 Tumblewood wrote:
pls stop making me explain myself


It's kind of the point of the game.

If you have reads but can't express them, no one's going to follow them, and you're as useless as town-Palmar.

Explain them.

see?
it's not even my reads that are unexplained. it's my non-reads. like I have to waste my time explaining why you're all scrubs and I'm not scum for saying something but not drawing a conclusion from it
The worst post of this game and I've only read like 8 posts.

but that makes it seem less bad if it's only one of 8 posts you've seen
On September 09 2016 11:33 fuba wrote:
On September 09 2016 09:26 Tumblewood wrote:
fuba also seems pretty cool

While I appreciate it, it always makes me uncomfortable when people town read me, especially D1 XD

sorry nvm you're scum + Show Spoiler [in case you couldn't tell] +
that was a j o k e and I still think he is town

can I just complain about new players for a sec? cause I'm reading some posts by NU and he keeps attacking people for being lazy. I get the intentions and that may or not be valid on your home site but here on TL lazy is the meta. it's like a competition for who can look the laziest each game.

I want to sheep you hf but after last game I'm paranoid


I'll take "avoiding the main points being raised against me" for £200, Alex.

Add a dose of unnecessary off-topic whining about Teh N00bs. Oh noes.

That last line is really scummy. It's the classic "oh I'll give lip service to lynching X scummy person but then I'll give some bullshit excuse to not follow up on it" scum tactic when the scum feel compelled to talk about their scummy partners but don't actually want to bus them - there is literally NO reason to not vote for Ticktock at this point in time. Paranoia isn't a logical excuse - wouldn't you want to clarify your suspicions by pressuring Ticktock? Why is no-voting better exactly?

- The only point of Holyflare's that I find compelling is Ticktock's contradiction ("I find setup spec boring, here's some setup spec") since it makes his point look like filler. Everything else is just background noise compared to that point imo.

tl;dr: Grackaroni/ Tumblewood/ Ticktock are my scum-reads and the fact that they are low-key defending each other just makes me feel more confident that lynching among these three is the best option.


So:
- I'm town
- My one townread is town.
- All my mafia reads are mafia.

Good reads.

In all seriousness, nice pocket regardless of your alignment. Townpass-ish!

What do you think of NeverUnlucky? You've played with him before, right?


I have.

He's a scrub but he's town. He's more proactive and abrasive compared to his scum play. He gets mislynched a lot given he's presumptuous, arrogant, prone to trolling, has poor persuasion abilities, etc, so I am not surprised that he's under some suspicion.

I am also 99% sure that he's read like, one or two past games on this site and that's why he's acting like he knows what everyone's meta is. Recently, he read one of my scum games from five months ago and now thinks he's an expert. That's how he rolls.


Is he prone to be abrasive and yet form no actual opinion on someone? He calls TW 'lynchbait', which suggests he is TRing him, but nothing suggests he is reaching any actual conclusion. Seems weird to put seemingly that much energy/emotion into something but reach no real conclusion.


Oh wait, forgot to add. He is prone to hyperbole ("this Village Idiot making a bad move is LITERALLY GAME-THROWING GUISE") and being emotional about random crap.

Anyway, I think what you're referring to there is his tendency to make 'cutting' comments for the sake of making a cutting comment. Not sure on his intentions with the lynchbait comment - I just assumed that he had decided to read a TW game or something so worth asking about that.

I remember my last game where he was town and he was discrediting one of his town-reads a bunch. Not that I am any better given that I'm calling him a moron and a scrub in this game but it's not scum-indicative of him.


What's his scum-game like?
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 11:56 GMT
#356
On September 09 2016 20:51 Palmar wrote:
i like this calix guy


Hmm. A town triangle to start with?

Just like Grackaroni predicted :D
Minimal effort.
Shapelog
Profile Joined November 2015
United States5188 Posts
September 09 2016 11:58 GMT
#357
Good morning you bastards,
"Subsequently clicking post is like launching a doomsday's worth of nukes' equivalent in dopamine." -RB
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
September 09 2016 12:00 GMT
#358
On September 09 2016 20:54 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 20:50 Calix wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:41 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:37 Calix wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:31 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:26 Calix wrote:
Yo. Doesn't look like much happened. What I got was:

- Superbia is really townie given his setup-spec talk and stream-of-consciousness style posting and I don't see scum ever entering the thread like that. Also I agree with the reads he's posted. Palmar's flippancy is also kinda town although that might just be his personality. He wasn't amazingly involved in the setup talk but the way the conversation progressed made me feel good about him.

- Don't like Grackaroni. It feels like he's just hanging on the sidelines; he wasn't very involved in the discussion and most of the posts I read while catching up seemed like he was posting for the sake of looking active. Like there were a lot of places where he could have posted something substantial and he just made some joke comment instead.

- I don't like Tumblewood still.

On September 09 2016 14:03 Tumblewood wrote:
On September 09 2016 11:00 Holyflare wrote:
You shouldn't expect a follow up from Tumblewood that guy is 100% free madia lynch bait.


i'm just not gonna waste 4 hours explaining myself to some scrub who thinks he's caught me in a lie
On September 09 2016 10:23 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On September 09 2016 10:21 Tumblewood wrote:
pls stop making me explain myself


It's kind of the point of the game.

If you have reads but can't express them, no one's going to follow them, and you're as useless as town-Palmar.

Explain them.

see?
it's not even my reads that are unexplained. it's my non-reads. like I have to waste my time explaining why you're all scrubs and I'm not scum for saying something but not drawing a conclusion from it
The worst post of this game and I've only read like 8 posts.

but that makes it seem less bad if it's only one of 8 posts you've seen
On September 09 2016 11:33 fuba wrote:
On September 09 2016 09:26 Tumblewood wrote:
fuba also seems pretty cool

While I appreciate it, it always makes me uncomfortable when people town read me, especially D1 XD

sorry nvm you're scum + Show Spoiler [in case you couldn't tell] +
that was a j o k e and I still think he is town

can I just complain about new players for a sec? cause I'm reading some posts by NU and he keeps attacking people for being lazy. I get the intentions and that may or not be valid on your home site but here on TL lazy is the meta. it's like a competition for who can look the laziest each game.

I want to sheep you hf but after last game I'm paranoid


I'll take "avoiding the main points being raised against me" for £200, Alex.

Add a dose of unnecessary off-topic whining about Teh N00bs. Oh noes.

That last line is really scummy. It's the classic "oh I'll give lip service to lynching X scummy person but then I'll give some bullshit excuse to not follow up on it" scum tactic when the scum feel compelled to talk about their scummy partners but don't actually want to bus them - there is literally NO reason to not vote for Ticktock at this point in time. Paranoia isn't a logical excuse - wouldn't you want to clarify your suspicions by pressuring Ticktock? Why is no-voting better exactly?

- The only point of Holyflare's that I find compelling is Ticktock's contradiction ("I find setup spec boring, here's some setup spec") since it makes his point look like filler. Everything else is just background noise compared to that point imo.

tl;dr: Grackaroni/ Tumblewood/ Ticktock are my scum-reads and the fact that they are low-key defending each other just makes me feel more confident that lynching among these three is the best option.


So:
- I'm town
- My one townread is town.
- All my mafia reads are mafia.

Good reads.

In all seriousness, nice pocket regardless of your alignment. Townpass-ish!

What do you think of NeverUnlucky? You've played with him before, right?


I have.

He's a scrub but he's town. He's more proactive and abrasive compared to his scum play. He gets mislynched a lot given he's presumptuous, arrogant, prone to trolling, has poor persuasion abilities, etc, so I am not surprised that he's under some suspicion.

I am also 99% sure that he's read like, one or two past games on this site and that's why he's acting like he knows what everyone's meta is. Recently, he read one of my scum games from five months ago and now thinks he's an expert. That's how he rolls.


Is he prone to be abrasive and yet form no actual opinion on someone? He calls TW 'lynchbait', which suggests he is TRing him, but nothing suggests he is reaching any actual conclusion. Seems weird to put seemingly that much energy/emotion into something but reach no real conclusion.


Oh wait, forgot to add. He is prone to hyperbole ("this Village Idiot making a bad move is LITERALLY GAME-THROWING GUISE") and being emotional about random crap.

Anyway, I think what you're referring to there is his tendency to make 'cutting' comments for the sake of making a cutting comment. Not sure on his intentions with the lynchbait comment - I just assumed that he had decided to read a TW game or something so worth asking about that.

I remember my last game where he was town and he was discrediting one of his town-reads a bunch. Not that I am any better given that I'm calling him a moron and a scrub in this game but it's not scum-indicative of him.


What's his scum-game like?


If you can call NU's reactive, apathetic, fearful posting style that is devoid of any scum-hunting a scum 'game', then ten minutes of hailstones can be classified as an avalanche.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 12:00 GMT
#359
Ah shapelog! I just remembered my meta-read on you. Carry on.
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 12:01 GMT
#360
On September 09 2016 21:00 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 20:54 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:50 Calix wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:41 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:37 Calix wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:31 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:26 Calix wrote:
Yo. Doesn't look like much happened. What I got was:

- Superbia is really townie given his setup-spec talk and stream-of-consciousness style posting and I don't see scum ever entering the thread like that. Also I agree with the reads he's posted. Palmar's flippancy is also kinda town although that might just be his personality. He wasn't amazingly involved in the setup talk but the way the conversation progressed made me feel good about him.

- Don't like Grackaroni. It feels like he's just hanging on the sidelines; he wasn't very involved in the discussion and most of the posts I read while catching up seemed like he was posting for the sake of looking active. Like there were a lot of places where he could have posted something substantial and he just made some joke comment instead.

- I don't like Tumblewood still.

On September 09 2016 14:03 Tumblewood wrote:
On September 09 2016 11:00 Holyflare wrote:
You shouldn't expect a follow up from Tumblewood that guy is 100% free madia lynch bait.


i'm just not gonna waste 4 hours explaining myself to some scrub who thinks he's caught me in a lie
On September 09 2016 10:23 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On September 09 2016 10:21 Tumblewood wrote:
pls stop making me explain myself


It's kind of the point of the game.

If you have reads but can't express them, no one's going to follow them, and you're as useless as town-Palmar.

Explain them.

see?
it's not even my reads that are unexplained. it's my non-reads. like I have to waste my time explaining why you're all scrubs and I'm not scum for saying something but not drawing a conclusion from it
The worst post of this game and I've only read like 8 posts.

but that makes it seem less bad if it's only one of 8 posts you've seen
On September 09 2016 11:33 fuba wrote:
On September 09 2016 09:26 Tumblewood wrote:
fuba also seems pretty cool

While I appreciate it, it always makes me uncomfortable when people town read me, especially D1 XD

sorry nvm you're scum + Show Spoiler [in case you couldn't tell] +
that was a j o k e and I still think he is town

can I just complain about new players for a sec? cause I'm reading some posts by NU and he keeps attacking people for being lazy. I get the intentions and that may or not be valid on your home site but here on TL lazy is the meta. it's like a competition for who can look the laziest each game.

I want to sheep you hf but after last game I'm paranoid


I'll take "avoiding the main points being raised against me" for £200, Alex.

Add a dose of unnecessary off-topic whining about Teh N00bs. Oh noes.

That last line is really scummy. It's the classic "oh I'll give lip service to lynching X scummy person but then I'll give some bullshit excuse to not follow up on it" scum tactic when the scum feel compelled to talk about their scummy partners but don't actually want to bus them - there is literally NO reason to not vote for Ticktock at this point in time. Paranoia isn't a logical excuse - wouldn't you want to clarify your suspicions by pressuring Ticktock? Why is no-voting better exactly?

- The only point of Holyflare's that I find compelling is Ticktock's contradiction ("I find setup spec boring, here's some setup spec") since it makes his point look like filler. Everything else is just background noise compared to that point imo.

tl;dr: Grackaroni/ Tumblewood/ Ticktock are my scum-reads and the fact that they are low-key defending each other just makes me feel more confident that lynching among these three is the best option.


So:
- I'm town
- My one townread is town.
- All my mafia reads are mafia.

Good reads.

In all seriousness, nice pocket regardless of your alignment. Townpass-ish!

What do you think of NeverUnlucky? You've played with him before, right?


I have.

He's a scrub but he's town. He's more proactive and abrasive compared to his scum play. He gets mislynched a lot given he's presumptuous, arrogant, prone to trolling, has poor persuasion abilities, etc, so I am not surprised that he's under some suspicion.

I am also 99% sure that he's read like, one or two past games on this site and that's why he's acting like he knows what everyone's meta is. Recently, he read one of my scum games from five months ago and now thinks he's an expert. That's how he rolls.


Is he prone to be abrasive and yet form no actual opinion on someone? He calls TW 'lynchbait', which suggests he is TRing him, but nothing suggests he is reaching any actual conclusion. Seems weird to put seemingly that much energy/emotion into something but reach no real conclusion.


Oh wait, forgot to add. He is prone to hyperbole ("this Village Idiot making a bad move is LITERALLY GAME-THROWING GUISE") and being emotional about random crap.

Anyway, I think what you're referring to there is his tendency to make 'cutting' comments for the sake of making a cutting comment. Not sure on his intentions with the lynchbait comment - I just assumed that he had decided to read a TW game or something so worth asking about that.

I remember my last game where he was town and he was discrediting one of his town-reads a bunch. Not that I am any better given that I'm calling him a moron and a scrub in this game but it's not scum-indicative of him.


What's his scum-game like?


If you can call NU's reactive, apathetic, fearful posting style that is devoid of any scum-hunting a scum 'game', then ten minutes of hailstones can be classified as an avalanche.


Damn, shots fired.
Minimal effort.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 155 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft471
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft481
WinterStarcraft157
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 332
White-Ra 165
Noble 86
Hyuk 61
NaDa 57
Bale 20
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm138
League of Legends
Doublelift4063
Counter-Strike
taco 178
minikerr20
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox509
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor641
Other Games
summit1g7129
FrodaN1677
Coldzera 824
JimRising 579
C9.Mang0277
KnowMe158
ArmadaUGS66
ViBE66
Mew2King53
CosmosSc2 10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick791
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream91
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2890
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
9h 9m
Online Event
10h 9m
FEL
15h 9m
AI Arena Tournament
16h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.