• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:37
CEST 16:37
KST 23:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8152 users

[T][M] Resistance V - Section 31 - Page 83

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 170 Next
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 07 2015 13:40 GMT
#1641
On November 07 2015 22:36 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2015 22:32 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
If there is 1 scum in you/xata/sl, and I think there likely is, that means there's 2 scum in Rels/HtS/Shockeyy/Superbia/Kita and I have to select the exact 3 townies from the 5. That seems like a much harder task than selecting the player I have a strong townread on from the mission that failed.

Well you know i would never pick a team with 2 scum in it, nor yay-vote it.
I doubt Xatalos would do that either.
Based on above, if SL is scum, 2-scum team would not go through because me or Xatalos would downvote it, regardless of which one of us would be scum.

So yeah, there is not gonna be 2 scum in the first mission.

So your reason for Xatalos being town is SL is scum? What makes you convinced on that?
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 07 2015 13:43 GMT
#1642
On November 07 2015 22:40 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2015 22:36 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 07 2015 22:32 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
If there is 1 scum in you/xata/sl, and I think there likely is, that means there's 2 scum in Rels/HtS/Shockeyy/Superbia/Kita and I have to select the exact 3 townies from the 5. That seems like a much harder task than selecting the player I have a strong townread on from the mission that failed.

Well you know i would never pick a team with 2 scum in it, nor yay-vote it.
I doubt Xatalos would do that either.
Based on above, if SL is scum, 2-scum team would not go through because me or Xatalos would downvote it, regardless of which one of us would be scum.

So yeah, there is not gonna be 2 scum in the first mission.

So your reason for Xatalos being town is SL is scum? What makes you convinced on that?

No it's basically the other way around.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 07 2015 13:44 GMT
#1643
My reasoning for sl being scum is that Xatalos looks more town and i fail to see a scenario where there is 2 scum on the mission.
table for two on a tv tray
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 07 2015 13:45 GMT
#1644
On November 07 2015 22:36 Half the Sky wrote:
Artanis, it was posts 605/919. Pretty much why I'm a bit sold on you as town atm is your general thought process from 973/75, 986, etc, and your approach your Rels looks pretty towny. You don't have an agenda to push him one way or another but the reasons for you scumreading him look through from your filter.

Fair enough.
What exactly made you decide to vote yes on the mission?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 07 2015 13:45 GMT
#1645
On November 07 2015 22:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
My reasoning for sl being scum is that Xatalos looks more town and i fail to see a scenario where there is 2 scum on the mission.

Then I will repeat my question.
Why does Xatalos look so town to you?
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 13:48 GMT
#1646
On November 07 2015 22:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
HtS do you really think Rels and Shockeyy both voted nay as scum?
Why?


I brought disassociation up with Xata before but it was tinfoil for one player let alone two.

That aside, their reads? I know Shockey was scumreading anyone who was scumreading him or at least heavily suspicious of you. And Rels was scumreading sicklucker or at least doubtful on him - if SL is town he's an easy guy to push.

So for either of them to vote otherwise would fly in the face of how their reads were and they would have an unexplained change in reads. Or an unexplained change in reasoning, which scum generally want to keep things together on.

If I had to go with the theory that only one of those people coudl be scum, since you are saying it's unlikely two scum voted no, then I'd probably say Rels over Shockey but that would mean that one of them is playing very suboptimally (and I know neither has played this type of game so this is quite possible) and I'd have to really look at both from the bottom up to determin that.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
November 07 2015 13:49 GMT
#1647
On November 07 2015 22:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2015 22:20 sicklucker wrote:
I skimmed it tbh. it tilts me more to rayn being the scum and xata being dumb. Like I didnt make my reasons to town read xata up. But my entire reason for townreading rayn might have been wrong since he went against that logic now anyway. He could have just been townreading me to set up just this situation

Except i wanted someone else onto the mission over you....


barely if at all
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 13:50 GMT
#1648
On November 07 2015 22:45 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2015 22:36 Half the Sky wrote:
Artanis, it was posts 605/919. Pretty much why I'm a bit sold on you as town atm is your general thought process from 973/75, 986, etc, and your approach your Rels looks pretty towny. You don't have an agenda to push him one way or another but the reasons for you scumreading him look through from your filter.

Fair enough.
What exactly made you decide to vote yes on the mission?


Same thing I told Kita. At the time I was TRing Xata/Rayn and sicklucker like I said was 60/40 on him even though I was more sure on you. My scumreads at the time were Rels/Shockey/TBD. Seeing Rels and Shockey also downvoting the team, made me think that scum were downvoting the mission.

It's possible given their reads, but I will probably need to re-evaluate those two.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 13:54 GMT
#1649
Tell you what, I'll be fair here. I have to go somewhere in 2 hours, and then I have a short gap this evening (20-21ish GMT) I believe, although I might be on mobile. I'll do what I can to just start over and try and re-read Rels and see if there might be any town motivation to how he's approaching the game.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 07 2015 13:55 GMT
#1650
On November 07 2015 22:48 Half the Sky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2015 22:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
HtS do you really think Rels and Shockeyy both voted nay as scum?
Why?


I brought disassociation up with Xata before but it was tinfoil for one player let alone two.

That aside, their reads? I know Shockey was scumreading anyone who was scumreading him or at least heavily suspicious of you. And Rels was scumreading sicklucker or at least doubtful on him - if SL is town he's an easy guy to push.

So for either of them to vote otherwise would fly in the face of how their reads were and they would have an unexplained change in reads. Or an unexplained change in reasoning, which scum generally want to keep things together on.

If I had to go with the theory that only one of those people coudl be scum, since you are saying it's unlikely two scum voted no, then I'd probably say Rels over Shockey but that would mean that one of them is playing very suboptimally (and I know neither has played this type of game so this is quite possible) and I'd have to really look at both from the bottom up to determin that.

But Rels isn't really pushing sl alone, he is pushing me too. If sl is an easy push to him in your opinion, why does he push me too then as scum?

Not really, no, if they townread Artanis. I am talking about Rels here, not Shockeyy. Basically you can't have your reads align too much as scum here, if you are pushing for 3 mission victory, which seems to be the case here.

That's not what i asked. Way to talk about something completely different that i in fact asked..... So your reasoning is "because they would then have unexplained change in reads". I believe Rels is good enough to figure a way out here -- especially if, as you claim, Xatalos is scum. Like if that is the case, i am 100% certain Rels could have found a reason to townread sicklucker -- because sicklucker would ACTUALLY be town (and he townread me + Xatalos anyways, before the team nomination went out).
table for two on a tv tray
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 13:57 GMT
#1651
Pretty sure Rels said before the fact he was townreading you (even if he's pushing you NOW). I'll double check.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 07 2015 13:58 GMT
#1652
On November 07 2015 22:49 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2015 22:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 07 2015 22:20 sicklucker wrote:
I skimmed it tbh. it tilts me more to rayn being the scum and xata being dumb. Like I didnt make my reasons to town read xata up. But my entire reason for townreading rayn might have been wrong since he went against that logic now anyway. He could have just been townreading me to set up just this situation

Except i wanted someone else onto the mission over you....


barely if at all

wrong
table for two on a tv tray
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 13:59 GMT
#1653
Alright, I knew I wasn't going crazy.

On November 05 2015 22:10 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 22:03 Xatalos wrote:
Rels, thoughts on the current team?

rayn and you are town. SL I'm not sure. Nothing scummy, but he's not doing much. Arta tomorrow will probably elect you / rayn / him; my vote will depend on who I think is towniest between SL and Arta at deadline. Waiting on Arta's answers to me + his analysis on me he said he would do.

The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 07 2015 13:59 GMT
#1654
On November 07 2015 22:57 Half the Sky wrote:
Pretty sure Rels said before the fact he was townreading you (even if he's pushing you NOW). I'll double check.

That was regarding you saying "sicklucker would be an easy target to put the blame on".
If you think that's true then "Rels is also pushing rayn now" doesn't make any fucking sense, or should not make any sense in your world from scum!Rels perspective.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 07 2015 14:00 GMT
#1655
Basically, HtS, if you think Rels is mafia, you should think Artanis is mafia too based on his behavior at the voting phase...
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 07 2015 14:01 GMT
#1656
...or that i am mafia with Rels.
table for two on a tv tray
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 14:03 GMT
#1657
On November 07 2015 22:55 raynpelikoneet wrote:
That's not what i asked. Way to talk about something completely different that i in fact asked..... So your reasoning is "because they would then have unexplained change in reads". I believe Rels is good enough to figure a way out here -- especially if, as you claim, Xatalos is scum. Like if that is the case, i am 100% certain Rels could have found a reason to townread sicklucker -- because sicklucker would ACTUALLY be town (and he townread me + Xatalos anyways, before the team nomination went out).


As I said, I could be wrong on Rels so I have to start from scratch on him. The argument you are presenting is that Rels doesn't have TMI (or however you said it) on SL, but this is also based on your pre-conceived notion that sicklucker actually IS scum. If Rels is scum, he doesn't just have to TMI sicklucker, there are other ways. Let's say that SL is town, and that somehow you're wrong on Xata (and you've been wrong on reads before, so don't say you aren't wrong). Surely you can entertain the slightest possibility that you are wrong.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 14:10 GMT
#1658
On November 07 2015 22:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2015 22:57 Half the Sky wrote:
Pretty sure Rels said before the fact he was townreading you (even if he's pushing you NOW). I'll double check.

That was regarding you saying "sicklucker would be an easy target to put the blame on".
If you think that's true then "Rels is also pushing rayn now" doesn't make any fucking sense, or should not make any sense in your world from scum!Rels perspective.


Eh, he has a good scumgame. If you're playing suboptimally and any good scum player wants to take advantage of that, they can. Rels has shown as either alignment (as mafia SOTW) he's not afraid of clashing with people. You've been wrong on him twice now in other games, but that's besides the point.

That said I am generically wary of two spies voting no so I'll go ahead and re-eval Rels anyhow. If I think I have cause to be wrong then I'll state my reasons why and then wind up upvoting the team.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 07 2015 14:11 GMT
#1659
On November 07 2015 23:03 Half the Sky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2015 22:55 raynpelikoneet wrote:
That's not what i asked. Way to talk about something completely different that i in fact asked..... So your reasoning is "because they would then have unexplained change in reads". I believe Rels is good enough to figure a way out here -- especially if, as you claim, Xatalos is scum. Like if that is the case, i am 100% certain Rels could have found a reason to townread sicklucker -- because sicklucker would ACTUALLY be town (and he townread me + Xatalos anyways, before the team nomination went out).


As I said, I could be wrong on Rels so I have to start from scratch on him. The argument you are presenting is that Rels doesn't have TMI (or however you said it) on SL, but this is also based on your pre-conceived notion that sicklucker actually IS scum. If Rels is scum, he doesn't just have to TMI sicklucker, there are other ways. Let's say that SL is town, and that somehow you're wrong on Xata (and you've been wrong on reads before, so don't say you aren't wrong). Surely you can entertain the slightest possibility that you are wrong.

No it is not.

It is based on the fact YOU think Rels is scum.
For Rels to be scum the following must be true:
1) he knows there is mafia on the mission
2) he still nay-votes the mission
3) instead of (as you are arguing) pushing the "easy target" (sicklucker), he decides to push him AND me

Now mafia will obviously want to sabotage the first mission. Rels' play only makes sense as mafia if rayn is scum or Artanis is scum. Because it is highly expected that Artanis will pick AT LEAST rayn (as proven, if you weren't able to figure that out earlier). Otherwise, Rels, by nay-voting the team (where he has an easy scumread on SL after, especially if -- as you say -- Xatalos is scum) hinders his chances of getting a 1-scum mission 1 team. Rels already knows Shockeyy (who you assume is scum with him) will 100% vote nay to the mission.

How how does this make sense again? In a sense that Rels doesn't take the easy way out -- instead he takes the hard way out, of calling by ALSO me scum. Like it would be really easy to Rels for just "make up" a legitmate reason for SL to be town (as by your definition SL is town as Xatalos is scum), and after the mission fails he can go, like you do; "hmm... well one of these guys has to be scum, i guess i was wrong on [insert name here]".

Why is that less likely? Why does he less likely do that as mafia than what he did?
table for two on a tv tray
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 07 2015 14:11 GMT
#1660
Going to afk for now.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 170 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 389
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32754
Bisu 3063
Shuttle 1731
Hyuk 1311
EffOrt 718
Mini 696
Larva 361
Soma 282
ZerO 259
firebathero 234
[ Show more ]
Zeus 100
hero 92
Last 85
Sexy 70
Hyun 43
Mong 40
Killer 40
Pusan 35
Trap 35
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 33
PianO 32
Aegong 28
Hm[arnc] 28
sorry 20
zelot 18
Rock 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 8
Noble 8
Sacsri 7
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7423
qojqva1440
Dendi835
Counter-Strike
fl0m2210
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1355
crisheroes937
Liquid`Hasu575
Lowko450
Other Games
singsing2636
B2W.Neo1372
Beastyqt393
Livibee207
Hui .189
Liquid`VortiX161
KnowMe87
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King84
elazer64
CosmosSc2 24
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9058
• WagamamaTV181
League of Legends
• Jankos1924
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 23m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 23m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 23m
INu's Battles
21h 23m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.