• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:05
CEST 10:05
KST 17:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8058 users

Newbie Student Mafia XIV: Firefly - Page 178

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 176 177 178 179 Next
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
September 22 2015 23:34 GMT
#3541
On September 23 2015 02:27 n00bKing wrote:
Day 1 I list 4 different reasons why CopCake is Scum, and vote against her all day. Late Day 1, after yamato has put GB in trouble, he makes a terrible Doctor claim. I call it out as BS (twice) and switch to him.

My voting history:

##Vote: CopCake

##Unvote ##Vote: GlowingBear

EASY GAME. :D

I selected rayn for the non-vote, because I was virtually certain that if he was Town, he would be the easiest player in the game (probably the easiest player on the SITE) for me to manipulate. And I couldn't have asked for the strategy to work any better for me than it did. As it enabled me to completely eliminate rayn as a suspect (hence where I say that rayn was "doing all of the Scum team's work for them", which can only be true if he's Town) so that I can promptly stop reading anything he says. And when he predictably tries to put together a push on me, I pegged CopCake jumping on board in precisely the spot where I expected to catch Scum doing it (and told everyone so). There was a post I made where I refused to answer GB's questions, because it would interfere with how I was "helping two players do something." The two players I was helping were the two that were voting against me: yamato and rayn. And by refusing to explain my interactions with rayn, I was helping yamato and rayn get a Scum player to claim the safe landing spot on me, which is exactly what CopCake did, and she was snared.

I had said that all would be explained on Night 1, so if people just follow through with the GB lynch after his preposterous Doctor claim, then I think there's a good chance I convince Mage to check CopCake on Night 1, and we lynch Red on the first 2 Days of the game. And really, ALL that is necessary for this all to come off without a hitch is for rayn to STFU. That's it. yamato and I steamroll this game if rayn just stays out of the way. It would probably have taken a few more days to catch Moosy (since unlike CopCake, he actually knows something about how to look Town) but after hitting Red on the first 2 Days, we have an eternity of mislynches to figure out the bus.

Anyway, goodbye TL. Unlike Fidei, I will not be ending my Mafia-playing career. I will continue to play as often as I can, just not at THIS fuckin' place. Back to the sites where players can see beyond what is 6 inches in front of their face. Back to the sites where people actually think before they post. Back to the sites where ZERO replacements are needed in the signups, because people actually show up to play, and care whether they win or lose.

Two different people have tried to tell me that I'm only frustrated with the low level of play here because I've played in the Newbie games. And that since I have more experience than the coaches I've received, the "big games" would be more my speed. NOPE. I've read a few of the big games too, and the level of play in them can be summarized as "I'm 100 pages behind. lol, what do?"

In my last 15 games on sites other than this one (you know, sites where people THINK...and TRY...) I am a combined 12-2-1, and haven't had any losses in my last 7 games.

I could try to go through the steps of canceling or deactivating my account. But given the attitudes of the players here, I think it would be more appropriate if I just decided that I "can't be bothered" to do anything. So long, everyone! And nice work, Moosy!


Bullshit, trust me I KNOW HOW TO LOOK TOWN, this game was absolutely annoying to me.

Not rsoultin's fault tho.

And this is what I like about mafia community, some people will come and brag stuff I think they don't deserve.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
September 22 2015 23:39 GMT
#3542
read the mafia qt.

damn I feel betrayed. I asked Moosy to protect me lol...instead he killed me.

damn you. feel betrayed now.

nah seriously wp...

sorry this place didn't work out for you n00b though.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-22 23:42:48
September 22 2015 23:41 GMT
#3543
and cheers for the words of encouragement rsoultin, will try and remember that next time. I think it might have been because I was new, vets didn't trust me, especially replacing into for someone that looked scummy.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 23 2015 01:39 GMT
#3544
Nm you did pretty good. Noob you are pretty delusional I've played at almost all the big sites and activity and play in general are far below what you generally get here.

If you have read games you would know the general thing isn't 100 pages behind what do. Oh well.

Abyway gj mafia team. And I hope you don't quit fid
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-23 03:33:14
September 23 2015 03:32 GMT
#3545
On September 23 2015 08:41 NocturneMage wrote:
and cheers for the words of encouragement rsoultin, will try and remember that next time. I think it might have been because I was new, vets didn't trust me, especially replacing into for someone that looked scummy.

Nocturne you made sense. I scunread you off PoE.

Nocturne

On September 23 2015 10:39 Damdred wrote:
Nm you did pretty good. Noob you are pretty delusional I've played at almost all the big sites and activity and play in general are far below what you generally get here.

If you have read games you would know the general thing isn't 100 pages behind what do. Oh well.

Abyway gj mafia team. And I hope you don't quit fid

Doesn't he smack of Smashboards folks though?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
September 23 2015 07:32 GMT
#3546
I just read through the scum qt. Guys keep in mind it's a game .
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 23 2015 10:29 GMT
#3547
On September 23 2015 05:09 yamato77 wrote:
Still delusional even after the game. You tried your hardest to get two mafia completely cleared on D1. I won't miss you, lynching you was satisfying because I didn't have to read your posts anymore. Don't come back.

+1

Boxerfred lynch was so terrible. Literally so terrible.
N1 kill and N2 kill BOTH have moosy as the top mafia candidate and you guys let him lead a lynch?!?!?
pff.....
table for two on a tv tray
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-23 11:36:38
September 23 2015 11:35 GMT
#3548
On September 23 2015 19:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2015 05:09 yamato77 wrote:
Still delusional even after the game. You tried your hardest to get two mafia completely cleared on D1. I won't miss you, lynching you was satisfying because I didn't have to read your posts anymore. Don't come back.

+1

Boxerfred lynch was so terrible. Literally so terrible.
N1 kill and N2 kill BOTH have moosy as the top mafia candidate and you guys let him lead a lynch?!?!?
pff.....

Nah. In a 150+ pages game, I'm almost always in to lynch the guy who has a filter of 2(!) pages. It's totally fine.
However the next lynch after Copcake should've been Moosy. Especially since I got pushed by him.
The fact of N1 kill and N2 kill having MD as top scum read PLUS the fact that he pushed a rather easy mislynch? Strong, strong scum indicators.

However I feel like my reads really improved. I had rayn and scott early as top town people. I townread CopCake but I did so without even evaluating her so I'm not going to call that a read. Once Superbia was dead and CC was checked, it was clear to me that MD is the last scum.

I think NocturneMage and MoosyDoosy are each alignment's MVPs. While rayn did an awesome job, I feel like his play in the game was a lot influenced by a "why don't you guys follow me I have it solved" attitude. As for James, well - awkward ending, however you did a great job in at least getting me to townread you.

The most noteworthy experience that I take from this game is that I dived into Fidei and Superbia with the intention to find reasons why they're scum and ended up with two strong town reads, for what it's worth.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
September 23 2015 11:44 GMT
#3549
Why won't this thread die and let my shame die with with:-(
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 23 2015 11:44 GMT
#3550
On September 23 2015 20:35 boxerfred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2015 19:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On September 23 2015 05:09 yamato77 wrote:
Still delusional even after the game. You tried your hardest to get two mafia completely cleared on D1. I won't miss you, lynching you was satisfying because I didn't have to read your posts anymore. Don't come back.

+1

Boxerfred lynch was so terrible. Literally so terrible.
N1 kill and N2 kill BOTH have moosy as the top mafia candidate and you guys let him lead a lynch?!?!?
pff.....

Nah. In a 150+ pages game, I'm almost always in to lynch the guy who has a filter of 2(!) pages. It's totally fine.
However the next lynch after Copcake should've been Moosy. Especially since I got pushed by him.
The fact of N1 kill and N2 kill having MD as top scum read PLUS the fact that he pushed a rather easy mislynch? Strong, strong scum indicators.

No, it's about the fact that when mafia flipped, suddenly he decides to NOT push Cake anymore..
And you were obviously town from your D1.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 23 2015 11:46 GMT
#3551
The reason we lost is that noone from the town stepped in after D2 and lead, and you let mafia to lead.
Also Breshke gave himself away as a doctor way too easily.
table for two on a tv tray
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
September 23 2015 11:51 GMT
#3552
On September 23 2015 20:44 Fidei86 wrote:
Why won't this thread die and let my shame die with with:-(

bump
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
September 23 2015 12:14 GMT
#3553
On September 23 2015 20:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2015 20:35 boxerfred wrote:
On September 23 2015 19:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On September 23 2015 05:09 yamato77 wrote:
Still delusional even after the game. You tried your hardest to get two mafia completely cleared on D1. I won't miss you, lynching you was satisfying because I didn't have to read your posts anymore. Don't come back.

+1

Boxerfred lynch was so terrible. Literally so terrible.
N1 kill and N2 kill BOTH have moosy as the top mafia candidate and you guys let him lead a lynch?!?!?
pff.....

Nah. In a 150+ pages game, I'm almost always in to lynch the guy who has a filter of 2(!) pages. It's totally fine.
However the next lynch after Copcake should've been Moosy. Especially since I got pushed by him.
The fact of N1 kill and N2 kill having MD as top scum read PLUS the fact that he pushed a rather easy mislynch? Strong, strong scum indicators.

No, it's about the fact that when mafia flipped, suddenly he decides to NOT push Cake anymore..
And you were obviously town from your D1.

This is the one thing. I went afk and let my vote on GB. Why the fuck would mafia do that. I even pointed that out. Noone cared. I'm still wondering if people read my filter when they lynched me.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
September 23 2015 12:47 GMT
#3554
You were lynched as a last-minute switch, bf, so in all likelihood...no, not much thought went into your lynch. That is the risk that more inactive players run when the leading wagon claims a role, unfortunately. People generally don't default the lynch to high-volume players with just a few minutes left before deadline.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 23 2015 13:08 GMT
#3555
On September 23 2015 21:47 rsoultin wrote:
You were lynched as a last-minute switch, bf, so in all likelihood...no, not much thought went into your lynch. That is the risk that more inactive players run when the leading wagon claims a role, unfortunately. People generally don't default the lynch to high-volume players with just a few minutes left before deadline.

...which is exactly why the whole D3 was so dumb. The most scummy person in the game was allowed to drive the thread whole day.
table for two on a tv tray
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
September 23 2015 13:12 GMT
#3556
On September 23 2015 22:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2015 21:47 rsoultin wrote:
You were lynched as a last-minute switch, bf, so in all likelihood...no, not much thought went into your lynch. That is the risk that more inactive players run when the leading wagon claims a role, unfortunately. People generally don't default the lynch to high-volume players with just a few minutes left before deadline.

...which is exactly why the whole D3 was so dumb. The most scummy person in the game was allowed to drive the thread whole day.


lol rayn not everyone is you

yes, there was a leadership vacuum, but not everyone is made to lead or knows how or when to do so
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 23 2015 13:14 GMT
#3557
On September 23 2015 22:12 rsoultin wrote:
yes, there was a leadership vacuum, but not everyone is made to lead or knows how or when to do so

Yes there was, Moosy. Which is why he played well and town didn't.
I know people might not know how to lead, it doesn't make my argument invalid.
table for two on a tv tray
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
September 23 2015 13:36 GMT
#3558
On September 23 2015 22:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2015 22:12 rsoultin wrote:
yes, there was a leadership vacuum, but not everyone is made to lead or knows how or when to do so

Yes there was, Moosy. Which is why he played well and town didn't.
I know people might not know how to lead, it doesn't make my argument invalid.

agreed. I think scott should've taken the lead or maybe even NM.
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
September 23 2015 14:16 GMT
#3559
On September 23 2015 20:44 Fidei86 wrote:
Why won't this thread die and let my shame die with with:-(


It's for a learning experience, not a shame fest. Don't take it that way, bud. Gg
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
September 23 2015 15:21 GMT
#3560
I didn't follow the game too closely especially after my coachee died but I felt Scott did a good job of portraying himself as town, both earlier in the game and during lylo. Definitely better than he has been in previous games.
Prev 1 176 177 178 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 546
Hyun 43
Killer 39
NotJumperer 35
Bale 32
scan(afreeca) 25
Larva 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Hm[arnc] 4
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto136
League of Legends
JimRising 477
Counter-Strike
ceh9562
edward125
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King82
Other Games
summit1g7212
olofmeister893
Coldzera 710
Happy261
Sick168
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick540
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2291
League of Legends
• Jankos747
• Stunt365
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 55m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 55m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 55m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.