• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:39
CEST 23:39
KST 06:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11404 users

[M][N]Holy Guardians Chapter 1 - Page 120

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 118 119 120 121 Next
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 22:26 GMT
#2381
@Damdred

Was reading Obs QT, and was wondering what you meant by this
It also really bothered me that tt was so a f2f k the whole game,lol


Also HtS had OGI that unfairly influenced her obs read of me

I'd been hoping to roll town or another blue this game, as I felt a bit worn out after NSMX. When I saw that I rolled GF and my team wasn't very experienced I figured I'd play as towny as I could while not pinging out my team (though I was ready to bus them right away, lol). I think scotts argument about me being alive too long woulda worked to bring me down if I had had to buss Milo D5.

I mean, I prob would have needed to concede if VE swapped to Milo as then the reality of him and I being a team was too clear. I really wanted to try and push a world where Onegu/Milo coulda been a team, or Scott/Milo to see if Onegu would give up his townread on scott. That was actually what I was hoping for with my team/logic post but when I was writing it it became clear that the votes D4 disproved a lot of team possibilities.
I can take that responsibility.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-16 22:27:56
June 16 2015 22:27 GMT
#2382
This game is an object of studies. I will be posting them as soon as they are finished, especially a post-per-post analysis I have yet to finish.

I want to apologise you guys for all the hosting problems we had this time. This includes:

  • Lack of votecounts, and errors
  • Delay on important posts
  • Lack of promised flavour
  • Unclear rules


As you guys probably know, I've cohosted before, but this is the first time I HOST a game, and I realised a lot of things that I did wrong and had to prepare BEFORE starting the game.

One of these things is the flavour. I thought I would be able to create flavour according to the game progression. But I couldn't be reading all the time and since the game direction is unpredictable, I can't prepare the flavour until the very last minutes before a kill/lynch. Then I found myself without time for writing it. Then I realised it was impossible.

I am TRULY sorry for all the flaws, and I promise Chapter 2 will be better.

Thank you for in game behaviour and for your patience with my hosting failures!
I'm adorable.
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
June 16 2015 22:31 GMT
#2383
I think I gave a few points regarding hosting in the obs qt, but send a PM if you have questions on anything else.

GG WP scumteam, especially Tictock.

Yes, honestly to me, you were auto-lynch D4, but understandably a lot of people didn't see that. Then again I know you too well
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
June 16 2015 22:44 GMT
#2384
On June 17 2015 07:31 Half the Sky wrote:
I think I gave a few points regarding hosting in the obs qt, but send a PM if you have questions on anything else.

GG WP scumteam, especially Tictock.

Yes, honestly to me, you were auto-lynch D4, but understandably a lot of people didn't see that. Then again I know you too well


Thank you. I'll be re reading host qt for carnaval and the obs qt

Newbies, just remember that making reads on the vacuum of the obs qt is way easier than having the correct reads playing, because you have also to prove your innocence AND to push your reads, and to care for deciding on who to vote.
I'm adorable.
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
June 16 2015 22:45 GMT
#2385
Alright, in that case, I'll post some of the key things I felt in that QT, will reopen.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
milo109
Profile Joined May 2015
466 Posts
June 16 2015 22:46 GMT
#2386
Where is the OBS qt?
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 22:50 GMT
#2387
@ Milo

GB added both QTs to the Endgame post.

@GB

I'm looking forward to your post-per-post analysis

Also I would read flavor if you went back to add it in *nudge nudge*
I can take that responsibility.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
June 16 2015 23:10 GMT
#2388
On June 17 2015 07:50 Tictock wrote:
@ Milo

GB added both QTs to the Endgame post.

@GB

I'm looking forward to your post-per-post analysis

Also I would read flavor if you went back to add it in *nudge nudge*


Oh really? I'm gonna do that later.

Funny thing though, in the first day you've killed Alex Proudman, and at night scum killed Lauren Proudman, his wife. It was an awesome coincidence. It just felt like it was meant to be
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
June 16 2015 23:11 GMT
#2389
I'm not sure if I should do a chronological analysis (like, following the thread pages) or separate players filters.
What do you guys think?
I'm adorable.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 23:35 GMT
#2390
Chronological sounds more interesting to me, but it's your call. Your the one doing it ^.^
I can take that responsibility.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
June 16 2015 23:39 GMT
#2391
Actually, I'm curious gb why you didn't mod kill ggt and mil. You really should have
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
June 17 2015 01:53 GMT
#2392
On June 17 2015 08:39 Damdred wrote:
Actually, I'm curious gb why you didn't mod kill ggt and mil. You really should have


The reasonings I gave were legit.

What is a justified reason? When do you justify it and how do you justify it?

I just felt that my rules were too obscure for me to judge those failure to votes. Then I assumed all votes were justifiable. If they are all justifiable, a warning was on the rules, not a modkill.

+ I felt it was better for the game to keep them alive instead of killing them. Either way it would be balanced, I think. Just a better option to keep them alive

+ both players are newbies (or didn't play for a long time) so it is more acceptable that they don't have a good grasp of the rules as much as experienced players have, so being more lenient is wiser

but the main factor was the obscurity of the rules
I'm adorable.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
June 17 2015 02:13 GMT
#2393
I thought the rules were decently clear vote and not be modkilled unless something monumental happened.

Templar voted in thread but not vote thread when it was clear. Milo invited for town cred, cause why would a mafia risk a mod kill.

Both had ample opportunity to revote (Milo had 6-10 minutes ) I believe.

I just think both knew the rules but not necessarily what plurality meant and Milo games the system a bit for town cred which was a hit meh.

But its not that important
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
June 17 2015 02:21 GMT
#2394
On June 17 2015 11:13 Damdred wrote:
I thought the rules were decently clear vote and not be modkilled unless something monumental happened.

Templar voted in thread but not vote thread when it was clear. Milo invited for town cred, cause why would a mafia risk a mod kill.

Both had ample opportunity to revote (Milo had 6-10 minutes ) I believe.

I just think both knew the rules but not necessarily what plurality meant and Milo games the system a bit for town cred which was a hit meh.

But its not that important


I've talked to him at the scum QT and he said he panicked.

His Unvote was very close to deadline.

Do you think being panicked is a justification? If you don't, what in the rules you can use to say "according to the rules, this isn't justification?".

Same goes to GGTemplar. The guy voted in thread (common in some games) but didn't vote in the QT. If he says he isn't used to voting threads, is this a justification (granting just a warning) or not?

Understand my problem here? I couldn't modkill them without being arbitrary. And being arbitrary is bad...
I'm adorable.
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
June 17 2015 02:37 GMT
#2395
Thanks for hosting and every one who joined!
Next time..
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
June 17 2015 06:07 GMT
#2396
On June 17 2015 11:21 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 11:13 Damdred wrote:
I thought the rules were decently clear vote and not be modkilled unless something monumental happened.

Templar voted in thread but not vote thread when it was clear. Milo invited for town cred, cause why would a mafia risk a mod kill.

Both had ample opportunity to revote (Milo had 6-10 minutes ) I believe.

I just think both knew the rules but not necessarily what plurality meant and Milo games the system a bit for town cred which was a hit meh.

But its not that important


I've talked to him at the scum QT and he said he panicked.

His Unvote was very close to deadline.

Do you think being panicked is a justification? If you don't, what in the rules you can use to say "according to the rules, this isn't justification?".

Same goes to GGTemplar. The guy voted in thread (common in some games) but didn't vote in the QT. If he says he isn't used to voting threads, is this a justification (granting just a warning) or not?

Understand my problem here? I couldn't modkill them without being arbitrary. And being arbitrary is bad...


Honestlybi understand the plight however

It was clearly stated several times that there was a vote thread and he put that vote in the thread way early in the cycle. So it comes under the responsibility of the player to make sure they don't get mod killed.

Milo is a hit harder than that, this type of situation is not uncommon during shenanigans etc when people are trying to move about. While it was really close to deadline he could of simply invited and voted chocolate or voted somewhere else or stayed afk on Ks.

However template way of doing things wasn't exactly gaming the system as he could still be scum and doing that. Milo was somewhat unfairly helped by the rule to the extent because what scum motivation is there in that.

I'm not faulting you or Milo. It was the rule and the rule was followed to an arguable extent, my only thing would be not to put arbitrary rules with grey areas in at one point. I'm not even upset because he was easy to catch after a point. Sometimes even with no grey areas people get away with warnings which I understand just the wording next time be clearer
milo109
Profile Joined May 2015
466 Posts
June 17 2015 06:08 GMT
#2397
Personally I think me unvoting/voting chocolate as I should have done would have had the exact same effect.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
June 17 2015 06:12 GMT
#2398
Negative you unvoting and voting chocolate would of had a different result as you wouldn't of been off the table for a couple cycles.

I'm not mad at all or anything you guys played great
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
June 17 2015 06:45 GMT
#2399
On June 17 2015 15:07 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 11:21 GlowingBear wrote:
On June 17 2015 11:13 Damdred wrote:
I thought the rules were decently clear vote and not be modkilled unless something monumental happened.

Templar voted in thread but not vote thread when it was clear. Milo invited for town cred, cause why would a mafia risk a mod kill.

Both had ample opportunity to revote (Milo had 6-10 minutes ) I believe.

I just think both knew the rules but not necessarily what plurality meant and Milo games the system a bit for town cred which was a hit meh.

But its not that important


I've talked to him at the scum QT and he said he panicked.

His Unvote was very close to deadline.

Do you think being panicked is a justification? If you don't, what in the rules you can use to say "according to the rules, this isn't justification?".

Same goes to GGTemplar. The guy voted in thread (common in some games) but didn't vote in the QT. If he says he isn't used to voting threads, is this a justification (granting just a warning) or not?

Understand my problem here? I couldn't modkill them without being arbitrary. And being arbitrary is bad...


Honestlybi understand the plight however

It was clearly stated several times that there was a vote thread and he put that vote in the thread way early in the cycle. So it comes under the responsibility of the player to make sure they don't get mod killed.

Milo is a hit harder than that, this type of situation is not uncommon during shenanigans etc when people are trying to move about. While it was really close to deadline he could of simply invited and voted chocolate or voted somewhere else or stayed afk on Ks.

However template way of doing things wasn't exactly gaming the system as he could still be scum and doing that. Milo was somewhat unfairly helped by the rule to the extent because what scum motivation is there in that.

I'm not faulting you or Milo. It was the rule and the rule was followed to an arguable extent, my only thing would be not to put arbitrary rules with grey areas in at one point. I'm not even upset because he was easy to catch after a point. Sometimes even with no grey areas people get away with warnings which I understand just the wording next time be clearer


Yeah I understand what you're saying. I've put a lot of thoughts in it, trust me. Night post was delayed because oh boy.

But in the other hand, I don't think any player, especially a scum, would risk having himself modkilled like that, which reinforces the "I've panicked" justification.

Anyway, as I said, I've made a lot of mistakes as a host that I will be fixing next game, such as improving the rules. I apologise for that
I'm adorable.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
June 17 2015 06:52 GMT
#2400
I'm not knocking what you did imo, you had a hard decision and made it. Gg GB
Prev 1 118 119 120 121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 64
JuggernautJason54
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 596
firebathero 84
Zeus 65
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever371
League of Legends
JimRising 292
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS102
PPMD21
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5263
Liquid`Hasu1886
Other Games
summit1g6315
shahzam489
byalli363
C9.Mang0165
UpATreeSC75
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 48
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 21m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 21m
Stellar Fest
15h 21m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.