• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:37
CEST 15:37
KST 22:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9331 users

Aperture Mafia 4: This Time it's Personal - Page 108

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 335 Next
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
March 29 2015 21:52 GMT
#2141
I'll look into BH and Trfel since they are getting discussed. Still not caught up fully with the thread, I'll admit.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 29 2015 21:52 GMT
#2142
Geript is cohosting.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 29 2015 21:52 GMT
#2143
On March 30 2015 06:50 Half the Sky wrote:
On the previous point on Sepulchre, I took a look at his filter again, I think based on that first quote he's likely third party.

Show nested quote +
On March 28 2015 08:27 Sepulchre wrote:
Thinking about it, the cleric is probably the most important role of the three.
I'm not very concerned about the rogue, the no-lynch is practically impossible to use without him eating rope the next day.

So I will focus on getting town people on positions 3 and 1. Finding mafia would be a plus, but seems secondary.


Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 21:57 Sepulchre wrote:
@Holyflare's listpost: I disagree heavily with batsnacks, I'd put him next to WaveofShadow personally. I'm somewhat okay with the rest of the list to varying degrees.

The two people who said Hapahauli is a Jester-type role I read as very town. It fits perfectly the kind of wtf play he has been doing and I think no mafia would say that in this situation - Hapahauli was (and is I suppose) the prime lynch target and as mafia they wouldn't care one bit about that, so long as it's not a mafia member getting lynched.

Between rsoultin and VayneAuthority I think VayneAuthority seems like the smarter guy. So I'll vote him now since I can't fully guarantee being back before the deadline.


Now I don't understand where he got this since VA isn't doing much if any analysing compared to rsoultin, who I'd like to see in the adventuring party.

Can someone who's played an Aperture game before tell me if third party roles GENERALLY work for, against, or independently of town wincons?

If the answer is against, then maybe Sep or SL might be good lynches, but if we don't know, I'd say leave them alone.

3rd party have their own winconditions who may or may not win together with one or both of the other factions. Why are you so invested in this this close to lynch? We need to lynch scum/find a mayor that lynchs scum.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 29 2015 21:52 GMT
#2144
DO
NOT
LYNCH
BLAZINGHAND
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 29 2015 21:52 GMT
#2145
On March 30 2015 06:51 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 06:46 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:46 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:45 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:44 Hapahauli wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:42 rsoultin wrote:
Okay snarfs has been submitted as our lynch


Waiiiit. Don't we have an hour left?

Thought so too. The timer said so.


Lmao I've been freaking out about lynch being in 15 minutes.

Geripts (?) post seemed urgent though. I am confused.



Isn't geript banned?


No.

lolwtf
Retired.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 29 2015 21:53 GMT
#2146
slam you sure look strange with that don't lynch me thing. do you agree with what I've said here?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
March 29 2015 21:53 GMT
#2147
JAT, there were a few comments on Sep a few pages back, so I'm just throwing in my two cents there. Moving on to others regardless.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 29 2015 21:54 GMT
#2148
On March 30 2015 06:52 Alakaslam wrote:
DO
NOT
LYNCH
BLAZINGHAND

If you have a good reason for that besides your idiotic adoration for the guy we should probably just lynch Trfel.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
March 29 2015 21:54 GMT
#2149
On March 30 2015 06:33 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 06:28 Blazinghand wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:27 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:27 Blazinghand wrote:
Hmm, I'm still not feeling too secure here, I guess I should claim?


Answer my question?

Are you even reading this thread at all?


You're not the boss of me

also, I'm afraid to read snarf's filter, cause what if i read his filter and be like "hey this dude is town" then people are gonna lynch me instead right

I swear I have KP knowledge if I am willing to risk a few things, listen to me!

If this happens, the lyncher is going to die. BH can't get lynched look elsewhere.

Now, if you listen to me I'm good but if rsoultin decides to disbelieve me I will also need protection or I will also die a later cycle.


Was this by choice or were you tied to BH via the mod? If you did choose to tie yourself to him, please explain your reasoning.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 29 2015 21:54 GMT
#2150
On March 30 2015 06:50 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 06:50 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:45 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Slam I don't understand what you're saying to me.

I am saying BH cannot die this cycle or the implications for me, the lyncher, and ofc BH (and others but if I drop names is too risky, too risky!) is dead


Doesn't that accomplish your wincon though?

Or do I not get how lyncher works.

Wtf.

Whoever lunches BH will die

Then

I will die

So

DONT LYNCH BH

RLY 4 SRS?!?!
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
March 29 2015 21:54 GMT
#2151
On March 30 2015 06:53 Blazinghand wrote:
slam you sure look strange with that don't lynch me thing. do you agree with what I've said here?


Wat.

BH: "I am a role that has some interaction with 2 other roles but I can't say anything about it."

Slam: "OMG DON'T LYNCH BH"

BH: "God you look strange Slam".


.......wat....
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 29 2015 21:55 GMT
#2152
On March 30 2015 06:54 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 06:53 Blazinghand wrote:
slam you sure look strange with that don't lynch me thing. do you agree with what I've said here?


Wat.

BH: "I am a role that has some interaction with 2 other roles but I can't say anything about it."

Slam: "OMG DON'T LYNCH BH"

BH: "God you look strange Slam".


.......wat....

Yeah, weird shit.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 29 2015 21:55 GMT
#2153
On March 30 2015 06:54 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 06:52 Alakaslam wrote:
DO
NOT
LYNCH
BLAZINGHAND

If you have a good reason for that besides your idiotic adoration for the guy we should probably just lynch Trfel.


Slam is claiming a role that's connected to BH.
Retired.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 29 2015 21:55 GMT
#2154
On March 30 2015 06:54 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 06:33 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:28 Blazinghand wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:27 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:27 Blazinghand wrote:
Hmm, I'm still not feeling too secure here, I guess I should claim?


Answer my question?

Are you even reading this thread at all?


You're not the boss of me

also, I'm afraid to read snarf's filter, cause what if i read his filter and be like "hey this dude is town" then people are gonna lynch me instead right

I swear I have KP knowledge if I am willing to risk a few things, listen to me!

If this happens, the lyncher is going to die. BH can't get lynched look elsewhere.

Now, if you listen to me I'm good but if rsoultin decides to disbelieve me I will also need protection or I will also die a later cycle.


Was this by choice or were you tied to BH via the mod? If you did choose to tie yourself to him, please explain your reasoning.

If it was by voice then the reasoning is pretty self evident...Slam is kinda aBH fanboi
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 29 2015 21:56 GMT
#2155
On March 30 2015 06:55 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 06:54 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:52 Alakaslam wrote:
DO
NOT
LYNCH
BLAZINGHAND

If you have a good reason for that besides your idiotic adoration for the guy we should probably just lynch Trfel.


Slam is claiming a role that's connected to BH.

Fine, lynch Trfel then.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
March 29 2015 21:56 GMT
#2156
On March 30 2015 05:48 Blazinghand wrote:
ok fine let's kill snarfs then

as long as we're not killing me I'm good honestly. I don't really have reads since this thread is a monstrosity and every time I leave for a half day I come back and there's 50 pages of "wat"


@rsoul ignoring the implications from slam, are you really content with allowing a player who has only spoke about koshi, his role, and the post above?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:56 GMT
#2157
On March 30 2015 06:49 Damdred wrote:
Oh I thought we only had 10 minutes ok that makes me feel better a bit.

Ok so hapa what do you think between Trfel and snarfs


As previously mentioned, Snarfs seems like a coinflip. I agree his play looks bad, but there's an explanation due to the nature of this Day 1. A lot of his play was focused around finding townies to vote for. This isn't ideal, but it is certainly plausible.

I find it harder to come up with plausible town explanations for Trfel's play.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/481138-aperture-mafia-4-this-time-its-personal?page=41#808
This is his reads post. Kita has talked about how the analysis is pretty weak, and Chezitwo mentioned that it feels very "over-justified" for this point in the game. I agree with both of these points.

But his next post on Sicklucker is so hard to explain from a town perspective:
On March 29 2015 16:06 Trfel wrote:
First off, apologies for this post being short. I'm rather sleepy, and I'm really busy tomorrow, so I can't guarantee much more from me until after the deadline.

I'm not convinced that LightningStrike is scum here. He made a bunch of null reads, but his early push on rsoultin was rather townie. He seems to be trying hard in this game, and I don't want to lynch him.

For now, I think that Holyflare is the best vote. He seems very towny, and he has been actively leading the thread. He's also said many of the same thoughts that I have had. His lynch candidates also generally line up with mine. I also trust Holyflare with whatever abilities are given to him by the adventuring party role.

##vote Holyflare

I personally like a sicklucker lynch. He's basically claimed third party.

As for Hapahauli: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................

I don't want to lynch Half the Sky yet, either. I am fairly confident in reading her in a longer game, using the tell that Holyflare developed: "boring Half the Sky is mafia". I am not convinced that Half the Sky has been given enough time to be interesting in this game yet.


He "likes" the sicklucker lynch and is really comfortable that sicklucker is 3rd party. This is odd for two reasons.
1) He has absolutely zero doubt in his mind that sicklucker is 3p. This is odd, and it's strange for someone that made such a try-hard case on sicklucker to not believe atleast somewhat that sicklucker is mafia.
2) He's comfortable lynchign a 3p sicklucker over his 3 other scumreads. This is absurdly scummy.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
March 29 2015 21:58 GMT
#2158
On March 30 2015 05:34 Hapahauli wrote:
No no, not lynching BH.

Bad JAT. Bad.


Could you justify this post hapa? When referencing several other players, you attack them for not looking for mafia. Why is BH the exception?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
March 29 2015 21:58 GMT
#2159
On March 30 2015 06:56 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 05:48 Blazinghand wrote:
ok fine let's kill snarfs then

as long as we're not killing me I'm good honestly. I don't really have reads since this thread is a monstrosity and every time I leave for a half day I come back and there's 50 pages of "wat"


@rsoul ignoring the implications from slam, are you really content with allowing a player who has only spoke about koshi, his role, and the post above?



Why the hell would she ignore slam at this point?
Try TL Mafia!!!
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 29 2015 21:58 GMT
#2160
On March 30 2015 06:56 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 06:55 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:54 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:52 Alakaslam wrote:
DO
NOT
LYNCH
BLAZINGHAND

If you have a good reason for that besides your idiotic adoration for the guy we should probably just lynch Trfel.


Slam is claiming a role that's connected to BH.

Fine, lynch Trfel then.


Seems like the better option atm.
Retired.
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 335 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1470
WardiTV739
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6331
Bisu 2574
Jaedong 1048
EffOrt 599
Horang2 404
Mini 363
actioN 297
ggaemo 213
ZerO 201
Larva 196
[ Show more ]
Mind 97
Pusan 84
Yoon 79
Shinee 68
Sharp 62
Snow 62
Bale 54
hero 52
Barracks 52
Hyun 51
Dewaltoss 48
ToSsGirL 40
sorry 40
NotJumperer 22
Sacsri 20
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 12
Noble 10
zelot 10
NaDa 9
Icarus 9
Rock 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4058
qojqva1847
Dendi1009
Counter-Strike
markeloff90
Other Games
olofmeister1158
hiko841
B2W.Neo610
Lowko356
crisheroes302
DeMusliM242
Pyrionflax192
Livibee163
Hui .136
Liquid`VortiX115
XBOCT99
QueenE86
Mew2King63
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 52
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV712
League of Legends
• Jankos2000
• Nemesis1865
• TFBlade470
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 23m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.