• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:12
CEST 20:12
KST 03:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War285.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8965 users

Mafia Mini Mafia2: another miniature game of mafia - Page 86

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 177 Next
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
April 10 2015 09:58 GMT
#1701
On April 10 2015 18:41 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2015 18:29 Vivax wrote:
On April 07 2015 23:24 Palmar wrote:
I guess I'll iterate in very short terms on each one. Almost all of these are crazy weak at the moment, but here's what I've thought:

Damdred sounds towny and aggressive. Again I liked him attacking GB at the start of the game.
Vivax just doesn't sound like mafia and he sheeped my case.
rsoultin is a pita. Mafia are rarely massive pita.
HF said something early that I liked. Also I'm wifom gambling on him doing this as town now.
yamato is just a tone read
ritoky because I am going to gamble that his trolling act is a town thing.

Eden: can't even remember a post
DR: has he posted?

Koshi voted rsoultin for being a pita to me I think. It wasn't awful but I didn't like it. Also his scumteam isn't all that great.
Onegu framed his play "I'm going to use a lot of lyrics". He's again doing that thing where he says he'll do something then delivers on it.
Obi because of the "Right" post in response to GB
GB because of all the reasons I've already posted.


These two reads make no sense.

The first one is just a gamble so it's not really a good read.

The second one is valid though. It's just not a very strong one.


In my book they're both trolling and if one is mafia just cause he announced he would troll it sounds like bs
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 10 2015 10:01 GMT
#1702
On April 10 2015 18:58 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2015 18:41 Palmar wrote:
On April 10 2015 18:29 Vivax wrote:
On April 07 2015 23:24 Palmar wrote:
I guess I'll iterate in very short terms on each one. Almost all of these are crazy weak at the moment, but here's what I've thought:

Damdred sounds towny and aggressive. Again I liked him attacking GB at the start of the game.
Vivax just doesn't sound like mafia and he sheeped my case.
rsoultin is a pita. Mafia are rarely massive pita.
HF said something early that I liked. Also I'm wifom gambling on him doing this as town now.
yamato is just a tone read
ritoky because I am going to gamble that his trolling act is a town thing.

Eden: can't even remember a post
DR: has he posted?

Koshi voted rsoultin for being a pita to me I think. It wasn't awful but I didn't like it. Also his scumteam isn't all that great.
Onegu framed his play "I'm going to use a lot of lyrics". He's again doing that thing where he says he'll do something then delivers on it.
Obi because of the "Right" post in response to GB
GB because of all the reasons I've already posted.


These two reads make no sense.

The first one is just a gamble so it's not really a good read.

The second one is valid though. It's just not a very strong one.


In my book they're both trolling and if one is mafia just cause he announced he would troll it sounds like bs

Eh.

I've talked about this before in other games, I'll see if I can find a link.

In essence. I believe that if you frame the way you're going to play in some particular way, you're giving yourself a constructed way to post so people won't expect you to break it. This makes posting as mafia much easier because you've already decided how you're going to post so you don't have to worry as much about the style or format of your posts.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 10 2015 10:09 GMT
#1703
Like I'm going to sort of read what HF had to say on the assumption he's not 100% awful and see if I agree with anything in it.

Without having actually started any evaluation process I actually feel the best shot today would be to lynch Eden or Vivax because those are the people HF and I agreed on.
Computer says mafia
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
April 10 2015 10:13 GMT
#1704
On April 10 2015 19:01 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2015 18:58 Vivax wrote:
On April 10 2015 18:41 Palmar wrote:
On April 10 2015 18:29 Vivax wrote:
On April 07 2015 23:24 Palmar wrote:
I guess I'll iterate in very short terms on each one. Almost all of these are crazy weak at the moment, but here's what I've thought:

Damdred sounds towny and aggressive. Again I liked him attacking GB at the start of the game.
Vivax just doesn't sound like mafia and he sheeped my case.
rsoultin is a pita. Mafia are rarely massive pita.
HF said something early that I liked. Also I'm wifom gambling on him doing this as town now.
yamato is just a tone read
ritoky because I am going to gamble that his trolling act is a town thing.

Eden: can't even remember a post
DR: has he posted?

Koshi voted rsoultin for being a pita to me I think. It wasn't awful but I didn't like it. Also his scumteam isn't all that great.
Onegu framed his play "I'm going to use a lot of lyrics". He's again doing that thing where he says he'll do something then delivers on it.
Obi because of the "Right" post in response to GB
GB because of all the reasons I've already posted.


These two reads make no sense.

The first one is just a gamble so it's not really a good read.

The second one is valid though. It's just not a very strong one.


In my book they're both trolling and if one is mafia just cause he announced he would troll it sounds like bs

Eh.

I've talked about this before in other games, I'll see if I can find a link.

In essence. I believe that if you frame the way you're going to play in some particular way, you're giving yourself a constructed way to post so people won't expect you to break it. This makes posting as mafia much easier because you've already decided how you're going to post so you don't have to worry as much about the style or format of your posts.


I don't believe you to really believe this.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 10 2015 10:38 GMT
#1705
On April 10 2015 19:13 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2015 19:01 Palmar wrote:
On April 10 2015 18:58 Vivax wrote:
On April 10 2015 18:41 Palmar wrote:
On April 10 2015 18:29 Vivax wrote:
On April 07 2015 23:24 Palmar wrote:
I guess I'll iterate in very short terms on each one. Almost all of these are crazy weak at the moment, but here's what I've thought:

Damdred sounds towny and aggressive. Again I liked him attacking GB at the start of the game.
Vivax just doesn't sound like mafia and he sheeped my case.
rsoultin is a pita. Mafia are rarely massive pita.
HF said something early that I liked. Also I'm wifom gambling on him doing this as town now.
yamato is just a tone read
ritoky because I am going to gamble that his trolling act is a town thing.

Eden: can't even remember a post
DR: has he posted?

Koshi voted rsoultin for being a pita to me I think. It wasn't awful but I didn't like it. Also his scumteam isn't all that great.
Onegu framed his play "I'm going to use a lot of lyrics". He's again doing that thing where he says he'll do something then delivers on it.
Obi because of the "Right" post in response to GB
GB because of all the reasons I've already posted.


These two reads make no sense.

The first one is just a gamble so it's not really a good read.

The second one is valid though. It's just not a very strong one.


In my book they're both trolling and if one is mafia just cause he announced he would troll it sounds like bs

Eh.

I've talked about this before in other games, I'll see if I can find a link.

In essence. I believe that if you frame the way you're going to play in some particular way, you're giving yourself a constructed way to post so people won't expect you to break it. This makes posting as mafia much easier because you've already decided how you're going to post so you don't have to worry as much about the style or format of your posts.


I don't believe you to really believe this.


On March 19 2015 20:50 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2015 20:48 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Palmar is this in your opinion:
On November 27 2014 19:49 Palmar wrote:
4
7
5
1
2
11
4
8
3
1
10
4
21
4
5
4
1 (18)
71
3
3

This is a list of the index of the first post by scum in the last 20 minis. I skipped games with less than 2 mafia, and the one with the brackets is holyflare's game where people just posted popcorn after the game started until he further reminded people that the game had actually started (mafia was first popcorn poster, but didn't post again until 18th).

So this guy:

On November 27 2014 10:24 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
1) Meh. Mafia always want to open early anyway since it becomes harder to open the longer the game goes on, so I don't see how you can draw such a definitive conclusion about someone not being here early. At the very least, this is how I would do it, so I don't put much stock into it.


Is super smart.

Another interesting tidbit is that this first post by mafia is almost always some kind of a fluffy comment. I didn't write down the posts (I should have) but it was pretty obvious that during the first... 20? posts of the game, mafia posts just to post.

So I'm literally only going to do that today. just read the first 20 posts or so and find the mafia in there.

not trolling?

No of course it isn't

I've been thinking about revisiting this method as town at some point actually. It's of course kinda scummy to frame my entire play like that, but I was mafia. But it wasn't trolling at all because I was actually trying to make it look like I wanted to solve the game.



On January 27 2015 19:43 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2015 19:33 Toadesstern wrote:
On January 27 2015 19:28 Palmar wrote:
Do you think my concern regarding GB is irrelevant Toad?

I've never done that as mafia ever. I'm not even sure if "against GB" means "against GB lynch" or "against GB (being town)" with the topic being what it is recently.

So what?

I feel like it's a mafia thing to do. Unlike all the baddies who cling to meta, I don't care if it's been done before or if he has done it before. I think it's a scummy way to frame your posting this current game.


On March 17 2015 07:10 Palmar wrote:
I don't really know Onegu that well. Generally he seems sort of too trolly to be mafia.

On the other hand, the fact that he:

1. promised read on rayn
2. delivered read on rayn

is actually really scummy, because he framed his play and then played exactly to fit that frame. Like it's not an organic read at all, it's manufactured.

Computer says mafia
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
April 10 2015 10:40 GMT
#1706
Quote games I need to check your alignments
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 10 2015 10:42 GMT
#1707
I'm mafia in the first one and town in the other two. I don't think that really matters. The end point is that even if I'm mafia this isn't the sort of thing I'd lie about. I truly and honestly believe that limiting your options in terms of posting and basing it on a constructed recipe is always sort of mafia favored. I've done it myself as mafia.
Computer says mafia
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
April 10 2015 10:42 GMT
#1708
Besides it doesn't change my reads. My current guess is probably Palmar/Koshi and one of ritoky or Eden. Leaning heavier on ritoky cause Koshi seemed to try to convince Eden on GB at some point.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 10 2015 10:42 GMT
#1709
Like I'm not gonna argue about this any more.
Computer says mafia
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
April 10 2015 10:43 GMT
#1710
Onegu has been replaced by sicklucker effective immediately.

Please wait until postgame to discuss.
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 10 2015 10:43 GMT
#1711
Why am I mafia Vivax?
Computer says mafia
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
April 10 2015 10:46 GMT
#1712
On April 10 2015 19:43 Palmar wrote:
Why am I mafia Vivax?


Cause looking at your GB push from a fresh perspective it now looks like my initial impression was before you typed it out: Bloated out of proportion.

Then I don't believe that you would townread ritoky over Onegu when they do similar things, and you didn't re-evaluate ritoky over the course of the game. Onegu has been way more productive and opinionated on the long term. To me it just looks comfy for you and Koshi to leave ritoky in the town corner, and it looks comfy for him cause he seems to have no pressure to scumhunt at all.
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
April 10 2015 10:46 GMT
#1713
Oh god. I read a small bit what did dandred claim
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
April 10 2015 10:47 GMT
#1714
hey im a Valkyrie!
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
April 10 2015 10:47 GMT
#1715
And I trust you are smart and experienced enough to be able to flip the switch on your playstyle as scum. I've witnessed you both trolly and tryhard as mafia.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
April 10 2015 10:50 GMT
#1716
Oh and I don't only need your alignments. I need to know if in your town games the guy who was posting in a constructed way was actually mafia.
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
April 10 2015 10:58 GMT
#1717
Can I get some cliffs? Why did people expect there to be 3 deaths in a 13 player mini at night.... Wont be caught up for awile
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 10 2015 10:59 GMT
#1718
On April 10 2015 19:58 sicklucker wrote:
Can I get some cliffs? Why did people expect there to be 3 deaths in a 13 player mini at night.... Wont be caught up for awile

The game has two vigis (one on each side).
Computer says mafia
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
April 10 2015 11:01 GMT
#1719
Ok but I would asume thats unlikely altho possible in an open setup (less likely it rngs both roles) altho my counterpart would disagree
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 10 2015 11:02 GMT
#1720
On April 10 2015 19:50 Vivax wrote:
Oh and I don't only need your alignments. I need to know if in your town games the guy who was posting in a constructed way was actually mafia.

1st I'm mafia just talking about the idea in general. So I'm not talking about anyone in paricular.

the other are about Onegu and GB. GB was town and Onegu was mafia.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 177 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 536
ProTech162
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22242
Calm 3881
Mini 345
Mind 88
910 79
Free 54
Trap 37
Aegong 32
soO 29
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7430
XaKoH 455
canceldota16
Counter-Strike
fl0m5189
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2838
Other Games
singsing2022
FrodaN871
Beastyqt632
B2W.Neo563
mouzStarbuck303
Livibee186
Liquid`Hasu168
C9.Mang0160
Khaldor150
Trikslyr125
RotterdaM123
KnowMe90
QueenE72
ZombieGrub28
BRAT_OK 26
MindelVK10
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 15
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• niya90s 0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2216
Other Games
• Shiphtur809
• imaqtpie628
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 48m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 48m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.