• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:25
CEST 18:25
KST 01:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13051 users

Newbie Student Mafia VI - Page 68

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 66 67 68 69 70 115 Next
Tronak
Profile Joined February 2015
Spain217 Posts
February 26 2015 22:16 GMT
#1341
On February 27 2015 07:13 Probulous wrote:
Do you know what "bussing" is?
Not really , I may deduce is puting a sheep after sheep on new good case?
LeaVe & LeT DiE
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
February 26 2015 22:16 GMT
#1342
Nvm ninjad
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 26 2015 22:17 GMT
#1343
On February 27 2015 07:14 Tronak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 07:11 Probulous wrote:
Despite Wave flipping town I would do the same thing if I was in the same position with the same information, switching would have caused all sorts of chaos and probably led to a Snarfs lynch which I was less sure about.


Now you give a proper "towny" reason for first time. Not sure if this comes late to me though.

On February 26 2015 22:17 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2015 09:27 KelsierSC wrote:
On February 26 2015 09:26 Probulous wrote:
OK going AFK. Might pop back in a couple hours otherwise see you at daybreak with some thoughts about how this went down.

why didn't you switch btw.
anyway i'm going to sleep
I wanted to switch to Tronak. No chance of that happening. Not enough time to work out whether it was a last minute bus or hammering a town lynch. Obviously turned out to be number 2 but see my text wall for more information.

"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 26 2015 22:21 GMT
#1344
On February 27 2015 07:16 Tronak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 07:13 Probulous wrote:
Do you know what "bussing" is?
Not really , I may deduce is puting a sheep after sheep on new good case?

ROFL, no bussing is when scum vote their own team. That way when one flips they look town. The problem is that a bus doesn't make sense if Snarfs is town. Of course I didn't realise how all this logic works out at the time of posting. I was sure I had caught a scum and wondered whether I could get people to change. That was why I was so aggressive after the lynch, it felt like a missed opportunity for me.

Upon re-read things look different.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 26 2015 22:21 GMT
#1345
On February 27 2015 06:51 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 06:46 KelsierSC wrote:
On February 27 2015 06:29 Probulous wrote:
Skimmed so far.

KSc, I didn't think Snarfs was mafia. All I said was his play was different. Not different to his town play. He has certainly been less clear than usual but that doesn't make him mafia.

And no there was no time for another wagon on Tronak. There were two minutes remaining with only about four or five of us posting. Jumping off at that point would have ended up lynching Snarfs.

As for why scum would be on Wave and not Snarfs if Snarfs is town, well Wave was town. Pushing one town lynch over another seems a 50/50 split. There are three scum there could quite likely be two on the Snarfs voting. I particularly think Node is suspicious given he votes Snarfs for no reason and then disappears. We'll have to see what he says when he returns.


but if you're town read of him is based on him being insightful and careful with his posting, how does him being active and willing to be wrong make him town?

OK you're misunderstanding what I was originally saying. I was not calling him town in that first post, I just said his posting style when we played years ago was one of careful consideration. It's different this game but that doesn't make him mafia, or town. I thought that was clear when I posted this later
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2015 07:14 Probulous wrote:
On February 26 2015 07:05 yamato77 wrote:
Prob are you opposed to the Snarfs lynch?

Still making up my mind...



so you just put out that he was being weird and didn't commit to him...

I just don't really understand why you town read him to be honest.
Zerg for Life
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
February 26 2015 22:30 GMT
#1346
Update: Node, Artanis still mafia, sicklucker still reasonable candidate for partner
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
February 26 2015 22:32 GMT
#1347
Cliffs:
- Artanis has been woefully unproductive this game
- Node has one pg of filter full of obvious misrepresentations of other players and didn't care at all about the d1 lynch, parking his vote on Snarfs really early and not bothering to check back and see what had happened in the thread since
- sicklucker's chronic inactivity is alignment-indicative I'm starting to think
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 26 2015 22:34 GMT
#1348
I liked his response when pushed to explain his Node case and the timing of it. It was so awkward and I imagine somewhat embarrassing that it just doesn't seem like something mafia would do (WIFOM? maybe). I mean his reasoning was he wanted to impress people because we had high expectations of him. Could there be a mafia motivation for this, sure but to me it sounds more town. He could have just said, well this is my case and I posted it when I felt it was ready.

Add into this that I really disliked Node's response to Snarf's response and subsequent disappearance (no explanation as far as I can tell). Snarfs has also been one of the active players here. He was inconsistent and made some bad mistakes but he was present.

In the end I thought Wave was worse.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
February 26 2015 22:34 GMT
#1349
you have seem me play mafia enough to know its not eden...
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
February 26 2015 22:34 GMT
#1350
Im just the observer this game. I will observe and report
Tronak
Profile Joined February 2015
Spain217 Posts
February 26 2015 22:39 GMT
#1351
On February 27 2015 07:21 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 07:16 Tronak wrote:
On February 27 2015 07:13 Probulous wrote:
Do you know what "bussing" is?
Not really , I may deduce is puting a sheep after sheep on new good case?

ROFL, no bussing is when scum vote their own team. That way when one flips they look town. The problem is that a bus doesn't make sense if Snarfs is town. Of course I didn't realise how all this logic works out at the time of posting. I was sure I had caught a scum and wondered whether I could get people to change. That was why I was so aggressive after the lynch, it felt like a missed opportunity for me.

Upon re-read things look different.


Thanks for explaining, you have ascended 2 steps on my favourite teacher list

So your thought about me being mafia wasn't clear between:
a) I could had been bussing Wave
b) I could have been lyching town Wave

Ok your defense is now at least plausible to me. I'll leave it here, lets see if KSC gets more of you.
LeaVe & LeT DiE
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 26 2015 22:42 GMT
#1352
SL, you better up your game because yesterday was atrocious.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
February 26 2015 22:47 GMT
#1353
Im just trying ff meta
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
February 26 2015 22:48 GMT
#1354
On February 27 2015 07:32 Eden1892 wrote:
Cliffs:
- Artanis has been woefully unproductive this game
- Node has one pg of filter full of obvious misrepresentations of other players and didn't care at all about the d1 lynch, parking his vote on Snarfs really early and not bothering to check back and see what had happened in the thread since
- sicklucker's chronic inactivity is alignment-indicative I'm starting to think


I feel like this is for my benefit, lol.

With Node and SL, I'm curious. Both hint at inactivity/lurking. What makes them any worse than, say, me?

See I have a bias issue in that I've been inactive for valid RL stuff. I really don't like anything about Node's filter at all but I feel hypocritical scumming Node or SL immediately. Although it really is bad that Node AFKd a vote and attacked a post from Tronak that I liked as pushing discission, even if it was a summary bit.

Artanis I think I could lynch tomorrow. Having enough energy to post that you're lazy during a night phase is just a cop out. This is a time to reassess and see where that mislynch went wrong. And if you're lazy, you're not going to post at all. Just seems off.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 26 2015 22:52 GMT
#1355
On February 27 2015 07:48 The Shining wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 07:32 Eden1892 wrote:
Cliffs:
- Artanis has been woefully unproductive this game
- Node has one pg of filter full of obvious misrepresentations of other players and didn't care at all about the d1 lynch, parking his vote on Snarfs really early and not bothering to check back and see what had happened in the thread since
- sicklucker's chronic inactivity is alignment-indicative I'm starting to think


I feel like this is for my benefit, lol.

With Node and SL, I'm curious. Both hint at inactivity/lurking. What makes them any worse than, say, me?

See I have a bias issue in that I've been inactive for valid RL stuff. I really don't like anything about Node's filter at all but I feel hypocritical scumming Node or SL immediately. Although it really is bad that Node AFKd a vote and attacked a post from Tronak that I liked as pushing discission, even if it was a summary bit.

Artanis I think I could lynch tomorrow. Having enough energy to post that you're lazy during a night phase is just a cop out. This is a time to reassess and see where that mislynch went wrong. And if you're lazy, you're not going to post at all. Just seems off.

Once you started being active, you've remained that way. Hypocrisy counts for shit, especially about activity. There is a difference between active lurking and just being completely busy. That's why I am giving Node the benefit of the doubt until he returns.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
February 26 2015 23:05 GMT
#1356
On February 26 2015 09:37 KelsierSC wrote:
Shining I have basically no read on you right now so I'll just wait for you to give your thoughts after reading.

Honestly in your shoes I might have lynched Wave aswell. From someone new to the thread and maybe someone new to the game I can see how he looks like a "textbook mafia" candidate, especially with lots of people voting on him. I'm not holding that against you.
Eden should probably know better though.

IIt was town's fault for making you a hammer but it might have been better if you just left your vote on a random person.

Honestly i'm probably being fucked by a good mafia team here but I can't give any more insights until I see what snarf is.





Why this change in tone, Kel? You have two posts almost immediately before this being sarcastic towards me, indirectly trying to make me look bad for the vote. Why once I bite back and dont get intimidated, you try to explain my actions for me?

Most of your posts you seem to not give a fuck about feelings(SL questioning especially) so why do I get the nice treatment?
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 26 2015 23:10 GMT
#1357
Ok guys, heres the deal we have an hour until eon I believe. And i'm somewhat worried about dying so i'm just going to thought purge here about anything I think is important just in case I die.

My VCA is a good starting point going forward but if I die do not solely look at it and afk a lynch on say Artanis/SL I'm wrong more than I am right and I think I have decent handle on some things currently but there are a few i'm wavering on before we go on.

I'm not as sure that SL is mafia as when I wrote that post, its POSSIBLE that the whole of Wave was a town wagon, how likely it is is to be seen. Currently i'm wagering that there is at least one mafia on it and that i'm wrong about one of the people in my lynch pool currently.

Even though SL is a potential mafia player at this point his solo vote is actually kind of meh for alignment. It could just be wifom but I think SL is a better player than that and he would of tried to blend in more. Or h could still be mafia but that more than likely means i'm wrong on one of Node and Artanis, because let us be honest there is a probability that a mafia is on waves wagon in some form. Its just stupid for me to think everyone on it was town.

On that wagon the people who I would like to see the most going forward on are, Shining, Tormented, a bit of Prob as a outliner chance. I'm still feeling that both wagons are town, T looks really good at night so far. I'm kind of leaning more town on him currently than I was this morning, for a new player hes asking a lot of good questions and actually digging in at night which I think is pretty towny.

Artanis is still a good shot at being mafia, his post about why he voted and the yamato wave town reading each other and so he felt better is kind of weird. Theres no reason that should matter especially when suspecting yamato and thinking wave looked like shit eod when everything was going down and in that moment no way you would be totally ok with both after calling someones filter shit after x event.

Node really misrepresented things in the game when he was here, and is really defensive in some of his posts especially towards me, read them when hes talking about me omgus him. Really weird posts, he afks his vote and doesn't do much or worry about the lynch in any way, hes very very clearly not worrying or trying to figure out the game entirely at this point.

Tormented is a really good scum player, I just happen to think that hes town in this case for anyone wandering. If he flips scum he tricked me. His vote does kind of fit into a scum position but I just don't think him and artanis can be on a scum team together so if one flips scum don't sleep on the other but yea.

Prob is an outliner I still think hes town, I just want to see more reads and more pushes out of him so make him do it thread and show how towny he is. His vote was second and the reasons weren't exactly horrible he did have his vote on wave earlier in the game as a pressure to get him to do things and wave did make himself look bad. So ther isn't really much in the way of scum motivation behind him voting like he did. Some of his posts rub me the wrong way like his night post that kel posted.

Shining is a good town player make him do things or lynch him seriously, if he doesn't do things and reevaulates people like he did in his last newbie game that just ended lynch his ass.

Also snarf probably is town his vote is purely self preservation at that point which really isn't alignment indicative, but his read post I still feel is pretty towny. Get him to do stuff if i'm not here and back up what he says I've looked at his other games at this point and he is lacking some of his insightful reads, make him give rads and respond to people.

Ok any questions to me just in case I die before eon?
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
February 26 2015 23:10 GMT
#1358
Actually I take back what I said about the inactivity/lurking thing regarding SL. He's the odd one out.

Node AFKs without explanation. Want to see why
Artanis posted about being lazy once, havent seen him after. Could really just be lazy or waiting for day.
SL continues to post nothings showing he's here but...doing...nothing lol.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:22 GMT
#1359
Alright I'm here for a bit before scum shoots me. Any questions?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 26 2015 23:24 GMT
#1360
Yes why did it matter that wave and Yamato were town reading each other when you voted? especially when you called waves filter after his push on me crappy?
Prev 1 66 67 68 69 70 115 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM742
TKL 343
IndyStarCraft 214
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 742
ByuN 338
TKL 338
Reynor 315
IndyStarCraft 209
Railgan 69
BRAT_OK 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53104
Bisu 2769
Calm 2489
FanTaSy 740
Stork 581
Rush 469
hero 283
firebathero 178
actioN 125
Sharp 90
[ Show more ]
Sea.KH 60
Free 51
Mong 30
ToSsGirL 30
Pusan 27
soO 25
Rock 24
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Terrorterran 14
Aegong 13
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10619
Dendi1017
Counter-Strike
fl0m5401
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK11
Other Games
singsing2000
Liquid`RaSZi1577
B2W.Neo709
Beastyqt591
Khaldor506
Mlord486
olofmeister424
KnowMe340
crisheroes165
FrodaN71
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV246
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• Hinosc 12
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach47
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV531
League of Legends
• Nemesis3305
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1539
Other Games
• Shiphtur513
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 35m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 35m
OSC
6h 35m
Replay Cast
6h 35m
OSC
19h 35m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.