• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:46
CEST 01:46
KST 08:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9300 users

Newbie Student Mafia VI - Page 70

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 115 Next
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:51 GMT
#1381
On February 27 2015 08:46 Tronak wrote:
So in your opinion, who should be our targets for next day?

Tormented's still my strongest read.
On February 27 2015 08:49 Damdred wrote:
whats changed your mind or at least made you doubt the snarf lynch?

Thinking about it more critically and wondering why he went after me when I wasn't a viable lynch target. I've expanded on this in a previous post.
On February 27 2015 08:49 The Shining wrote:
Especially with you calling Wave's filter horrible. I'm a newbie. Help me figure out how someone yelling 'he is town!!" Is enough. If that's all it takes, I start shooting PMs pregame begging people to tell "he's town" when I'm up for mislynch

Horrible =/= scum. That his filter was bad did not mean he was mafia, as evidenced by his flip. I saw a terrible filter but not necessarily a scummy one.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 26 2015 23:51 GMT
#1382
On February 27 2015 08:49 Damdred wrote:
whats changed your mind or at least made you doubt the snarf lynch?


I mean tonight not yesterday obviously
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 26 2015 23:52 GMT
#1383
ninja'd.

The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
February 26 2015 23:52 GMT
#1384
On February 27 2015 08:50 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 08:46 The Shining wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:29 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:28 Eden1892 wrote:
what does that mean

that's twice now that you've done it

It means second.
On February 27 2015 08:28 Damdred wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:24 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:24 Damdred wrote:
Yes why did it matter that wave and Yamato were town reading each other when you voted? especially when you called waves filter after his push on me crappy?

They've got a lot of history, so if I believe Yamato is town and he's calling Wave town with nigh on certainty I do give that a decent amount of weight.


I know they have a ton of history but what does that matter if one of them is scum or not? When we were scum together we did somewhat the same thing?

It's not very difficult.
1. Yamato has a good read on Wave.
2. I believe Yamato is town.
3. Yamato very strongly believes Wave is town.
4. I therefore feel it's more likely that Wave is town.
Rocket science, it is not.


But you didn't always believe yamato was town. You were willing to lynch him. All I can see is a one liner about yamato's EoD play seems townie now and by that, Wave is town. Seems very loose with no flips to go off of to just assume one is townie for trying to save the other town.

Reads change sometimes. Note that Wave called Yamato town too and I had a townread on Wave early on too. The fact that they townread each other strengthened one another. I didn't go in depth on why I changed my read on Yamato as there was little time, plus like I said I felt Snarfs was scummier. I wasn't certain on Wave being town by any means.


I know you didnt, hence my last post asking you to help me explain it now. Reads do change but if I can't readily see where and how it changed, it holds as much weight as "he was scum and unsure of how to spin his read so he goes as vague as possible."

I don't want to jump to that conclusion without seeing what you have to say first
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
_Tormented_
Profile Joined February 2015
United States157 Posts
February 26 2015 23:53 GMT
#1385
On February 26 2015 08:31 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Holy shit Wave's filter since the Damdred push is terrible.



On February 26 2015 08:39 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
I think I still prefer a Snarfs lynch over a Wave lynch. I just find it hard to imagine he wouldn't know who his main suspect is voting for and suspects if he actually put any effort into reading the filter whatsoever. I feel like Wave's play can be explained more easily by playing bad than Snarfs can.



Maybe because I am new...but this makes no sense to me. You say Wave's filter looks terrible, but stick with Snarf because of one single thing he said and said that Wave's actions could be explained...
The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:55 GMT
#1386
On February 27 2015 08:52 The Shining wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 08:50 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:46 The Shining wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:29 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:28 Eden1892 wrote:
what does that mean

that's twice now that you've done it

It means second.
On February 27 2015 08:28 Damdred wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:24 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:24 Damdred wrote:
Yes why did it matter that wave and Yamato were town reading each other when you voted? especially when you called waves filter after his push on me crappy?

They've got a lot of history, so if I believe Yamato is town and he's calling Wave town with nigh on certainty I do give that a decent amount of weight.


I know they have a ton of history but what does that matter if one of them is scum or not? When we were scum together we did somewhat the same thing?

It's not very difficult.
1. Yamato has a good read on Wave.
2. I believe Yamato is town.
3. Yamato very strongly believes Wave is town.
4. I therefore feel it's more likely that Wave is town.
Rocket science, it is not.


But you didn't always believe yamato was town. You were willing to lynch him. All I can see is a one liner about yamato's EoD play seems townie now and by that, Wave is town. Seems very loose with no flips to go off of to just assume one is townie for trying to save the other town.

Reads change sometimes. Note that Wave called Yamato town too and I had a townread on Wave early on too. The fact that they townread each other strengthened one another. I didn't go in depth on why I changed my read on Yamato as there was little time, plus like I said I felt Snarfs was scummier. I wasn't certain on Wave being town by any means.


I know you didnt, hence my last post asking you to help me explain it now. Reads do change but if I can't readily see where and how it changed, it holds as much weight as "he was scum and unsure of how to spin his read so he goes as vague as possible."

I don't want to jump to that conclusion without seeing what you have to say first

I saw Yamato asking a lot of questions, poking and prodding and being active in a manner he hadn't been yet in the game. His reads evolved, changing his opinion on me despite not being prompted to and most importantly his interrogation of Eden had an agression to it that felt townie.
Tronak
Profile Joined February 2015
Spain217 Posts
February 26 2015 23:55 GMT
#1387
On February 27 2015 08:51 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 08:46 Tronak wrote:
So in your opinion, who should be our targets for next day?

Tormented's still my strongest read.


Any others? I already knew that one.
LeaVe & LeT DiE
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:57 GMT
#1388
On February 27 2015 08:53 _Tormented_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2015 08:31 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Holy shit Wave's filter since the Damdred push is terrible.



Show nested quote +
On February 26 2015 08:39 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
I think I still prefer a Snarfs lynch over a Wave lynch. I just find it hard to imagine he wouldn't know who his main suspect is voting for and suspects if he actually put any effort into reading the filter whatsoever. I feel like Wave's play can be explained more easily by playing bad than Snarfs can.

Maybe because I am new...but this makes no sense to me. You say Wave's filter looks terrible, but stick with Snarf because of one single thing he said and said that Wave's actions could be explained...

The difference between playing bad and playing scummy is that playing bad doesn't necessarily jive with mafia objective. I see mafia motivation in Snarfs' way of treating me whereas I didn't really see it as much in Wave's posting, as terrible as it may have been.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 26 2015 23:57 GMT
#1389
On February 27 2015 08:55 Tronak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 08:51 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:46 Tronak wrote:
So in your opinion, who should be our targets for next day?

Tormented's still my strongest read.


Any others? I already knew that one.

Snarfs still second. After that I'm not sure, there's still a few people I need to reread but I'll have plenty of time for that tomorrow.
_Tormented_
Profile Joined February 2015
United States157 Posts
February 26 2015 23:59 GMT
#1390
On February 27 2015 08:51 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 08:46 Tronak wrote:
So in your opinion, who should be our targets for next day?

Tormented's still my strongest read.


On February 27 2015 03:14 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
I don't think you're wrong on me, I know you're wrong on me. I've read my role PM.


What you said
The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 27 2015 00:00 GMT
#1391
[image loading]


Day 2





Damdred the Town Vanilla has been shot!




This day ends in 48 hours at 00:00 GMT (+00:00). Whoever has the most votes on them at that time gets lynched.

Countdown:
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 27 2015 00:00 GMT
#1392
gg Dammy.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 27 2015 00:01 GMT
#1393
gg town
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 27 2015 00:02 GMT
#1394
Can't believe Mafia didn't shoot me, they're going to regret it.
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
February 27 2015 00:07 GMT
#1395
I have some night actions to report later
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
February 27 2015 00:08 GMT
#1396
Gg Damdy. You will not die in vain.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 27 2015 00:08 GMT
#1397
How cryptic.
Tronak
Profile Joined February 2015
Spain217 Posts
February 27 2015 00:08 GMT
#1398
GG Damdred I'll take your last 2 posts into account. Promised.


On February 27 2015 09:02 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Can't believe Mafia didn't shoot me, they're going to regret it.


You came and asked for questions before night ends.

Since today you have been "very lazy" I was actually expecting some new analysis coming from you before night ended. I hope you day play changes, a lot! and besides tunneling Tormented and Snarfs you provide much more in depth analysis on what have happened in the almost last 33hours.
LeaVe & LeT DiE
_Tormented_
Profile Joined February 2015
United States157 Posts
February 27 2015 00:08 GMT
#1399
On February 27 2015 08:57 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 08:55 Tronak wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:51 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:46 Tronak wrote:
So in your opinion, who should be our targets for next day?

Tormented's still my strongest read.


Any others? I already knew that one.

Snarfs still second. After that I'm not sure, there's still a few people I need to reread but I'll have plenty of time for that tomorrow.



On February 27 2015 09:02 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Can't believe Mafia didn't shoot me, they're going to regret it.




Really now...you seemed pretty certain you would be around for D2....maybe because you can't shoot yourself?
The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 27 2015 00:11 GMT
#1400
On February 27 2015 09:08 Tronak wrote:
GG Damdred I'll take your last 2 posts into account. Promised.


Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 09:02 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Can't believe Mafia didn't shoot me, they're going to regret it.


You came and asked for questions before night ends.

Since today you have been "very lazy" I was actually expecting some new analysis coming from you before night ended. I hope you day play changes, a lot! and besides tunneling Tormented and Snarfs you provide much more in depth analysis on what have happened in the almost last 33hours.

If I'm right on both Tormented and Snarfs then all I need to do is to get town to actually listen to me. Have you considered that possibility?
On February 27 2015 09:08 _Tormented_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 08:57 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:55 Tronak wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:51 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 27 2015 08:46 Tronak wrote:
So in your opinion, who should be our targets for next day?

Tormented's still my strongest read.


Any others? I already knew that one.

Snarfs still second. After that I'm not sure, there's still a few people I need to reread but I'll have plenty of time for that tomorrow.



Show nested quote +
On February 27 2015 09:02 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Can't believe Mafia didn't shoot me, they're going to regret it.




Really now...you seemed pretty certain you would be around for D2....maybe because you can't shoot yourself?

Definitely wasn't because I was joking around or anything
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 115 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 464
Hyun 140
Dota 2
monkeys_forever454
League of Legends
Doublelift4416
Other Games
summit1g12421
JimRising 457
ViBE265
KnowMe192
Livibee185
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick877
BasetradeTV187
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 145
• Adnapsc2 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie952
• Scarra869
• Shiphtur585
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 14m
Patches Events
15h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 14m
OSC
23h 14m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.