• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:57
CEST 14:57
KST 21:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War35.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11183 users

TL Mafia LXIX: Carol Of The Bells - Page 167

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 165 166 167 168 169 265 Next
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
December 15 2014 18:38 GMT
#3321
On December 15 2014 13:16 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2014 12:43 GlowingBear wrote:
Rsoultin, what do you think of Xatalos?

Ritoky, why were you reading ff as mafia on day1?


Eh, Xatalos. For awhile I thought he'd be a good person to listen to/sheep. What I mean by that is people have town reads, yes, but not all your town reads are going to be players you actually agree with. Xatalos is logical and appeals to my need for things to make sense, and I was townreading him.

I'm less certain of him now. Not so much because of the voting at the end of the day, but because I went back through his filter when Vivax was riding him. He's very...noncommittal through most of it? Yes I know this is something to do with tone. But his reads and statements came off very cautious to me, like he's reluctant to make scum reads or something. Cautious about bunnies, reading KSC as town because his move was "too bold" for mafia, lynching bunnies cause no reason not to, noncommittal about HF and Vivax still being alive after night 1 (like he's hinting that they might be scum but not willing to pursue it), focusing on Tubes "scumslip", FF then becomes "too scum to be scum"...but then goes back to scumreading him for something called "Occam's razor"?

I'm assuming that means if it smells like a rat it's a rat in layman's terms, but I haven't looked it up.

Don't see any point where he's reading someone as strongly scummy, just this side of null. And he does seem to dismiss KSC as a potential lynch entirely, too, but that could just be a town being wrong. I also don't see (though I might have missed it) where his ritoky read changed from town to a possible lynch.

Xatalos said he had reads but wouldn't give them Night 2. He may have had his reasons, but I'd like to see them now.

I'm not scum-reading him, per se, but there are doubts in my head now. I think I just didn't notice him as much because he's not as vocal/confrontational as a lot of the other players, and I don't know that caution in and of itself is a exclusive to scum, but given how often he's commented that scum wouldn't do anything to draw attention to themselves, and then seeing how cautiously he's been playing...it does bring up doubts.


Heh. Paranoia is natural.

Didn't really get that ritoky point though?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
December 15 2014 18:39 GMT
#3322
Occam's razor - use the simplest solution. If someone looks really scummy, he might just simply be scum.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
December 15 2014 18:44 GMT
#3323
Guys I think the Mass Murderer is out of bullets because he will be given only 2 bullets to try to kill people and since there is no refund in bullets if I recalled reading the role description it's only going to be 1 death per night now so we got some time to figure out who is scum but we still under pressure though to get out some scum members to make connections on the remaining scum members thus we win the game as town.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
December 15 2014 18:47 GMT
#3324
On December 16 2014 03:44 LightningStrike wrote:
Guys I think the Mass Murderer is out of bullets because he will be given only 2 bullets to try to kill people and since there is no refund in bullets if I recalled reading the role description it's only going to be 1 death per night now so we got some time to figure out who is scum but we still under pressure though to get out some scum members to make connections on the remaining scum members thus we win the game as town.


Mafia KP formula is: 2KP

Each mafia player can only deliver one bullet, so in practice it drops to one when 1 mafia remains.

?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 15 2014 18:52 GMT
#3325
On December 16 2014 03:44 LightningStrike wrote:
Guys I think the Mass Murderer is out of bullets because he will be given only 2 bullets to try to kill people and since there is no refund in bullets if I recalled reading the role description it's only going to be 1 death per night now so we got some time to figure out who is scum but we still under pressure though to get out some scum members to make connections on the remaining scum members thus we win the game as town.


You are misinterpreting KP.
Default is 2KP - 2 scum faction kills.
MM/Marley/BM/etc is additional KP.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
December 15 2014 19:01 GMT
#3326
On December 16 2014 03:52 Half the Sky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 03:44 LightningStrike wrote:
Guys I think the Mass Murderer is out of bullets because he will be given only 2 bullets to try to kill people and since there is no refund in bullets if I recalled reading the role description it's only going to be 1 death per night now so we got some time to figure out who is scum but we still under pressure though to get out some scum members to make connections on the remaining scum members thus we win the game as town.


You are misinterpreting KP.
Default is 2KP - 2 scum faction kills.
MM/Marley/BM/etc is additional KP.

Oh my bad on misinterpreting the KP stuff man this is going to be hard as hell T_T
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
December 15 2014 19:02 GMT
#3327
On December 16 2014 03:47 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 03:44 LightningStrike wrote:
Guys I think the Mass Murderer is out of bullets because he will be given only 2 bullets to try to kill people and since there is no refund in bullets if I recalled reading the role description it's only going to be 1 death per night now so we got some time to figure out who is scum but we still under pressure though to get out some scum members to make connections on the remaining scum members thus we win the game as town.


Mafia KP formula is: 2KP

Each mafia player can only deliver one bullet, so in practice it drops to one when 1 mafia remains.

?

The formula wrecked me hard T_T Also Xatlos and HTS since you guys are here what roles you think Mafia got and why?
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
December 15 2014 19:02 GMT
#3328
Hm. HTS / LS, what do you think of GB?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
December 15 2014 19:04 GMT
#3329
I got GB null leaning scum but I would rather lynch Tubesock right now read my thing on him earlier on why.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 15 2014 19:07 GMT
#3330
On December 16 2014 04:02 Xatalos wrote:
Hm. HTS / LS, what do you think of GB?


TLDR: GB is on my scum list, so is Oats, not feeling good about Bats and Templar either.
(Explanations to come shortly.)
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 15 2014 19:18 GMT
#3331
-.-

None of you has good reasons against me.

Jesus.
I'm adorable.
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
December 15 2014 19:19 GMT
#3332
On December 16 2014 04:04 LightningStrike wrote:
I got GB null leaning scum but I would rather lynch Tubesock right now read my thing on him earlier on why.


Yeah I agree that he doesn't seem to pay much attention and the slips are disturbing. What's holding me back is his crazy posting streak before deadline... It'd be hard for a beginner scum to post like that.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
December 15 2014 19:20 GMT
#3333
On December 16 2014 04:18 GlowingBear wrote:
-.-

None of you has good reasons against me.

Jesus.


You've tunneled HF for the longest time for much worse reasons.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 15 2014 19:27 GMT
#3334
To answer your first question, on GB, I didn't like how he pushed the HF case. The case itself had its holes in it and I had acknowledged that some of Part 1 made sense, but I felt like he was kicking and screaming to get it through. I agree with you on the role claiming, when he first asked that, I couldn't work it favourably given the scum KP. The fact that he's doing that again doesn't lend him credibility, at all.

Oats, for reasons largely already explained. I will admit part of my reasoning is somewhat based on meta, but content-wise, I didn't like his voting when there were so many other cases to explore. It seems like priority 1 for him are the lurkers when there are other issues being pushed and that's been consistent all game. It's possible there might be a lurking scum somewhere, but I feel that's all he's gone after for the most part, save for Vivax. Froggy was his target two days in a row at one point.

Bats is another read, but I sense a pattern. Trfel cited some of the things he did D1. He was asked for a case on HF D2, when he voted HF and he didn't appear to have a defence. If you look through page 4 of his filter, it appears he's throwing votes everywhere and looking for something that sticks. Random vote on myself for requesting a meta lookup on Oats.

The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 15 2014 19:31 GMT
#3335
On December 16 2014 04:02 LightningStrike wrote:
The formula wrecked me hard T_T Also Xatlos and HTS since you guys are here what roles you think Mafia got and why?


I'd say RB (patronising prick) for sure given the N2 results, likely a Marley (with Kush's death), the BM is known as he's flipped.
MM is 50/50 given D1, we don't know exactly how Damdred died. And surely a 5th, but not sure.

The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 15 2014 19:33 GMT
#3336
On December 16 2014 04:19 Xatalos wrote:
Yeah I agree that he doesn't seem to pay much attention and the slips are disturbing. What's holding me back is his crazy posting streak before deadline... It'd be hard for a beginner scum to post like that.


The slip was there, but my general nutshell impression from his posts is that he's trying too hard.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
December 15 2014 19:34 GMT
#3337
On December 16 2014 04:19 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 04:04 LightningStrike wrote:
I got GB null leaning scum but I would rather lynch Tubesock right now read my thing on him earlier on why.


Yeah I agree that he doesn't seem to pay much attention and the slips are disturbing. What's holding me back is his crazy posting streak before deadline... It'd be hard for a beginner scum to post like that.

If I was scum and was teamed with him I would of helped him make his posts before the deadline to make him not so scummy but that just my thoughts on it.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
December 15 2014 19:44 GMT
#3338
I was never sold on tubesack being town but there was one post that made me wonder

On December 14 2014 07:24 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2014 07:24 Fecalfeast wrote:
heading to work really soon, any objections to me staying on HF?


I do. Me or Kel. Take your pick.


Who gives an ultimatum between himself and his scum buddy?
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
December 15 2014 19:48 GMT
#3339
On December 16 2014 04:44 Fecalfeast wrote:
I was never sold on tubesack being town but there was one post that made me wonder

Show nested quote +
On December 14 2014 07:24 Tubesock wrote:
On December 14 2014 07:24 Fecalfeast wrote:
heading to work really soon, any objections to me staying on HF?


I do. Me or Kel. Take your pick.


Who gives an ultimatum between himself and his scum buddy?


Heh yeah that seems pretty weird.

Overall I don't think he's the best lynch. All of GB/Oats/Templar look worse IMO. Oats and Templar more for apathy/uselessness while GB for pushing scum agenda (fishing roles, tunneling HF all the time but advicing not to shoot him etc.).
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
December 15 2014 19:49 GMT
#3340
Btw I kind of doubt Templar and Tube are scum together.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Prev 1 165 166 167 168 169 265 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 347
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33122
Calm 6599
Bisu 1896
Rain 1756
Jaedong 716
Horang2 573
FanTaSy 539
BeSt 345
Rush 327
Stork 293
[ Show more ]
Soma 277
Zeus 184
Larva 164
Light 151
Snow 132
ZerO 127
Free 123
Barracks 111
Mind 88
910 85
Mong 67
Pusan 64
Killer 61
Sea.KH 55
Hyun 35
ToSsGirL 34
NaDa 30
Shinee 28
Aegong 22
Hm[arnc] 21
Sexy 19
Terrorterran 15
sorry 12
Noble 10
Sacsri 7
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7158
Counter-Strike
fl0m3100
olofmeister886
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King87
Other Games
gofns33169
singsing2113
B2W.Neo727
Lowko296
crisheroes289
hiko284
RotterdaM66
ZerO(Twitch)6
djWHEAT0
Livibee0
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3176
• Jankos2486
• TFBlade366
Other Games
• WagamamaTV186
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 4m
Big Brain Bouts
21h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.