• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:03
CEST 22:03
KST 05:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8074 users

TL Mafia LXIX: Carol Of The Bells - Page 159

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 157 158 159 160 161 265 Next
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
December 15 2014 04:35 GMT
#3161
On December 15 2014 13:34 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2014 13:18 The_Templar wrote:
On December 15 2014 13:18 LightningStrike wrote:
On December 15 2014 13:14 GlowingBear wrote:
Why aren't you voting HF, LS?

The HF case doesn't look good in my eyes and he felt very townie to me that's all.

So why Tubesock?

Tubesock acted extremely scummy since Day 2 after the lynch of 27NB and the massacre of deaths of townies and changed his posting style completely not giving up on sicklucker and me being scum when we were clearly Town as I role claimed Ghost of Christmas Present and him scum slipping telling us that they were 5 mafias instead of the earlier guessed 6 earlier in the thread
Here the post of the 6 mafias idea
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2014 00:10 Tubesock wrote:
Holy Moses.

I didn't think I was such a slow reader but it's been hours and I feel I will never catch up to the thread while taking notes also. I'm trying to get reads, but they are conflicting with people who I feel are pretty freaking smart sounding. Namely, Koshi and Xata.

Koshi, since you are here can you tell me more about your HTS read? I feel I'm fairly null/town on her. Namely, I believe that Froggy's plynch statement isn't meaningful. Bunny latches and basically posts it's probably bad but she thinks it's ok. Then scum lists Froggy. Then several people jump on her and later Dam asks HTS about the Froggy/plynch read. HTS replies that it's null on his part but Bunnies scum listing is scummy. HTS doesn't seem to scumlist Froggy. Then a bunch more people argue (kelsierSC, Bats, Viv others). I'd like to know why I should elevate the signifigance of HTS's reads and downplay Bunny's?

Also I think people should read this more closely from the OP:

On December 04 2014 19:32 Palmar wrote:
Setup Information


All the roles below can be present in the game, and no role has any sort of a guarantee that it exists in the game. There may for example be three Ghosts of Christmas Yet To Come, no other Ghosts and no Scrooge, yet Marley might be present. In the same sense, there may be Disgruntled Christmas Workers without any Santas or Branch Managers. There may also be multiple instances of the same role.



It appears that given bad enough RNG we could have 6 Marlows, or 6 Mass Murderers, or 0.

Which makes me wonder why we had a Scrooge claim?? It makes me wonder if any claims will matter as we can have multiples...so why not counterclaim?





Here the post of his scum slip of saying 5 instead
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2014 10:37 Tubesock wrote:
On December 12 2014 09:53 Alakaslam wrote:


##kelsierSC

Yes


YES.


He is of the 5.


Here is him assuring it's 5 mafias
QUOTE]On December 12 2014 11:41 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2014 11:16 The_Templar wrote:
Not seeing Kelsier being mafia unless someone points out why. His cases make sense and he's putting in some effort, but I haven't read the thread carefully.

I don't like LS, as he was 'passively' blue hunting and hasn't really done much besides link people's metas in an attempt to look helpful. He did claim a role though...

On December 12 2014 10:37 Tubesock wrote:
On December 12 2014 09:53 Alakaslam wrote:


##kelsierSC

Yes


YES.


He is of the 5.

5? Not 6? Please explain why you said 5 ##Vote


Oooh let's dance. GB, Slick, and now YOU are here to "pressure" and with your buddy KelsierSC on the wagon.

4 of 5. Is it my 5 or the games 5? Does it matter? No. Oh, wait, you are here to pressure me as your naughty friend Sicklucker's silly ##Vote: Tubesock didn't work. 5 of 5, 5 of mine or the games? Now does it matter? No.

Put in some effort. Defend KelsierSC or sink him now. The choice is yours. Distance or closeness. Answer that, should be easy, there is A LOT of content. Then we have a dance. I'll be here. When's your next "test"? How long you here? Huh, you here for 1 response or sticking around to REALLY DIG FOR SOME SCUM????




When KSC did flipped KSC flipped scum and he did say KSC was 1 out of 5 So clearly he got to be mafia at this point which is why I voting for him right now.
Fixed formatting.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 15 2014 04:36 GMT
#3162
If we lynch holyflare and he flips mafia, I'll have all the information I need to hammer the scum team.
Please lynch HF today.

I have to sleep...
I'm adorable.
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
December 15 2014 04:38 GMT
#3163
On December 15 2014 13:36 GlowingBear wrote:
If we lynch holyflare and he flips mafia, I'll have all the information I need to hammer the scum team.
Please lynch HF today.

I have to sleep...

Sleep is for the weak
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 15 2014 04:38 GMT
#3164
On December 15 2014 13:32 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2014 13:16 rsoultin wrote:
On December 15 2014 12:43 GlowingBear wrote:
Rsoultin, what do you think of Xatalos?

Ritoky, why were you reading ff as mafia on day1?


Eh, Xatalos. For awhile I thought he'd be a good person to listen to/sheep. What I mean by that is people have town reads, yes, but not all your town reads are going to be players you actually agree with. Xatalos is logical and appeals to my need for things to make sense, and I was townreading him.

I'm less certain of him now. Not so much because of the voting at the end of the day, but because I went back through his filter when Vivax was riding him. He's very...noncommittal through most of it? Yes I know this is something to do with tone. But his reads and statements came off very cautious to me, like he's reluctant to make scum reads or something. Cautious about bunnies, reading KSC as town because his move was "too bold" for mafia, lynching bunnies cause no reason not to, noncommittal about HF and Vivax still being alive after night 1 (like he's hinting that they might be scum but not willing to pursue it), focusing on Tubes "scumslip", FF then becomes "too scum to be scum"...but then goes back to scumreading him for something called "Occam's razor"?

I'm assuming that means if it smells like a rat it's a rat in layman's terms, but I haven't looked it up.

Don't see any point where he's reading someone as strongly scummy, just this side of null. And he does seem to dismiss KSC as a potential lynch entirely, too, but that could just be a town being wrong. I also don't see (though I might have missed it) where his ritoky read changed from town to a possible lynch.

Xatalos said he had reads but wouldn't give them Night 2. He may have had his reasons, but I'd like to see them now.

I'm not scum-reading him, per se, but there are doubts in my head now. I think I just didn't notice him as much because he's not as vocal/confrontational as a lot of the other players, and I don't know that caution in and of itself is a exclusive to scum, but given how often he's commented that scum wouldn't do anything to draw attention to themselves, and then seeing how cautiously he's been playing...it does bring up doubts.


I have no idea how can you townread him earlier but keep your vote on him day1.

I also have no idea how you vote someone day1 without noticing them much.


Day 2, GB, is also earlier. I didn't say at the beginning.

And if you recall, which you don't, my vote on him was to try to get him to explain why he was stuck on 27nb, because he did switch his vote to her when his main issue (the "iffy" section of her list post) had been addressed. At Night 1 I accepted his response that there were other reasons than just not having a reason not to vote her...but that doesn't change that his positions have been generally lackluster.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
December 15 2014 04:39 GMT
#3165
rsoultin what is your reads today?
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
December 15 2014 04:45 GMT
#3166
On December 15 2014 13:39 LightningStrike wrote:
rsoultin what is your reads today?


before you answer this, i would rather just have your read on GB
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 15 2014 04:45 GMT
#3167
Eh lol...I'm paranoid right now. Everyone is scum.

^Obviously a joke.

However I agree with lian. Not necessarily that we must lynch HF and rit, but figuring those two out will go a long way toward the rest.

I think I just need to go through things again, and see what jumps out at me. The things that bugged me before (about GB, about rit, about viva with the NK analysis and quick vote switch) still bug me. I'm just not sure that they're actually scummy. Froggy probably needs to be lynched soon, though, if we no longer have a vig. I just don't see his flip being particularly informative so I don't see him as a priority right now.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
December 15 2014 04:48 GMT
#3168
GB Null at best for me his wanting to lynch HF so bad and his case for it is meh at best in my opinion and his endless shouting for his lynching just annoyed me a lot because I town reading HF also notice that GB did all this when HF couldn't defend himself because of the post limit? It could mafia action but I got no good case of GB just yet.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
December 15 2014 04:48 GMT
#3169
On December 15 2014 13:48 LightningStrike wrote:
GB Null at best for me his wanting to lynch HF so bad and his case for it is meh at best in my opinion and his endless shouting for his lynching just annoyed me a lot because I town reading HF also notice that GB did all this when HF couldn't defend himself because of the post limit? It could mafia action but I got no good case of GB just yet.

you're allowed to exceed the post limit to defend yourself
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
December 15 2014 04:49 GMT
#3170
On December 15 2014 13:48 LightningStrike wrote:
GB Null at best for me his wanting to lynch HF so bad and his case for it is meh at best in my opinion and his endless shouting for his lynching just annoyed me a lot because I town reading HF also notice that GB did all this when HF couldn't defend himself because of the post limit? It could mafia action but I got no good case of GB just yet.


What do you think of GB giving me the present?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 15 2014 04:51 GMT
#3171
On December 15 2014 13:45 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2014 13:39 LightningStrike wrote:
rsoultin what is your reads today?


before you answer this, i would rather just have your read on GB


Sorry, too late ><.

I've been butting heads with GB. A lot. Part of my reaction to him has become emotional, and I don't like that in myself when I'm trying to analyze things. But I will admit it. His call for a mass claim I still don't like. I still don't like his tunnel vision focus on HF to the exclusion of pretty much everything else, or that he keeps trying to force things through and throwing fits when people don't fall in line. I don't like that he harps on HF constantly but then instructs vigi not to shoot him...it seems counterintuitive. The only explanation I can possibly think of for that is if he thinks HF may be the vet, but if he thought that, why all pressure?

So no, GB still doesn't sit well with me. I wouldn't be surprised if he were scum and he still is probably my biggest scum read. I'm trying to approach him from more neutral ground, though, so my urge to fight with people that domineering doesn't get in the way/blind me. -_-
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
December 15 2014 04:52 GMT
#3172
On December 15 2014 13:49 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2014 13:48 LightningStrike wrote:
GB Null at best for me his wanting to lynch HF so bad and his case for it is meh at best in my opinion and his endless shouting for his lynching just annoyed me a lot because I town reading HF also notice that GB did all this when HF couldn't defend himself because of the post limit? It could mafia action but I got no good case of GB just yet.


What do you think of GB giving me the present?

Why you think it was GB that gave you the present? If he really did it seemed odd to not give it to me or sicklucker because we were pretty much confirmed town Day 1 but your claim of the present was dumb if you are town and should of been more quiet about it that's all.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 15 2014 04:52 GMT
#3173
LOL
I'm adorable.
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
December 15 2014 04:53 GMT
#3174
On December 15 2014 13:52 GlowingBear wrote:
LOL

Did you give rito your present? If so why did you give it to him?
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
December 15 2014 04:54 GMT
#3175
On December 15 2014 13:51 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2014 13:45 ritoky wrote:
On December 15 2014 13:39 LightningStrike wrote:
rsoultin what is your reads today?


before you answer this, i would rather just have your read on GB


Sorry, too late ><.

I've been butting heads with GB. A lot. Part of my reaction to him has become emotional, and I don't like that in myself when I'm trying to analyze things. But I will admit it. His call for a mass claim I still don't like. I still don't like his tunnel vision focus on HF to the exclusion of pretty much everything else, or that he keeps trying to force things through and throwing fits when people don't fall in line. I don't like that he harps on HF constantly but then instructs vigi not to shoot him...it seems counterintuitive. The only explanation I can possibly think of for that is if he thinks HF may be the vet, but if he thought that, why all pressure?

So no, GB still doesn't sit well with me. I wouldn't be surprised if he were scum and he still is probably my biggest scum read. I'm trying to approach him from more neutral ground, though, so my urge to fight with people that domineering doesn't get in the way/blind me. -_-


so then why "must" we lynch me and hf?

if you think gb and/or myself are mafia there is literally 0 chance HF is mafia....so why do you want to lynch both of us? especially when GB is apparently your top scum....that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
December 15 2014 04:55 GMT
#3176
On December 15 2014 13:53 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2014 13:52 GlowingBear wrote:
LOL

Did you give rito your present? If so why did you give it to him?


he is the one who claimed to give it to me after i said i was gonna open it....like...where u been?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 15 2014 04:57 GMT
#3177
I even said day1 I also had a present.
There was a lot of discussion about how only town would give to a town a present
I'm adorable.
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
December 15 2014 04:57 GMT
#3178
On December 15 2014 13:55 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2014 13:53 LightningStrike wrote:
On December 15 2014 13:52 GlowingBear wrote:
LOL

Did you give rito your present? If so why did you give it to him?


he is the one who claimed to give it to me after i said i was gonna open it....like...where u been?

In N Out and looking at other stuff for meta reaons sorry
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 15 2014 04:58 GMT
#3179
On December 15 2014 13:45 rsoultin wrote:
Eh lol...I'm paranoid right now. Everyone is scum.

^Obviously a joke.

However I agree with lian. Not necessarily that we must lynch HF and rit, but figuring those two out will go a long way toward the rest.

I think I just need to go through things again, and see what jumps out at me. The things that bugged me before (about GB, about rit, about viva with the NK analysis and quick vote switch) still bug me. I'm just not sure that they're actually scummy. Froggy probably needs to be lynched soon, though, if we no longer have a vig. I just don't see his flip being particularly informative so I don't see him as a priority right now.


^ See above.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 15 2014 04:58 GMT
#3180
Seriously, if HF flips mafia, I have contundent facts that rsoultin is hod partner.
Although I must say I'm impressed with his play here.
I'm adorable.
Prev 1 157 158 159 160 161 265 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 640
ProTech143
Nina 89
JuggernautJason55
RuFF_SC2 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27216
Calm 2544
Mini 167
firebathero 102
Dewaltoss 99
soO 55
NaDa 27
HiyA 27
Bale 22
PianO 17
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6832
XaKoH 376
monkeys_forever92
canceldota28
League of Legends
Doublelift1906
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1527
fl0m1360
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu827
Other Games
FrodaN1918
Beastyqt561
B2W.Neo387
mouzStarbuck381
Livibee188
ToD170
summit1g162
KnowMe155
C9.Mang0151
shahzam123
Trikslyr120
UpATreeSC114
RotterdaM107
Mew2King45
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki37
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1072
• Shiphtur666
• WagamamaTV231
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 12m
Replay Cast
2h 57m
OSC
1d 2h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 13h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.