• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:45
CEST 19:45
KST 02:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7775 users

Season of the Witch Mafia - Page 19

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 105 Next
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 15:44 GMT
#361
On September 05 2014 00:14 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 14:42 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:37 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:30 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:28 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:24 slOosh wrote:
Some people find it really easy to ease into games while others build into it. Both as town and as scum. Furthermore it's a themed setup where everyone has a role, so maybe "playing like blue" is kicking in. My point is that shutting down things so early in a 72 hour Day 1 doesn't really help us since you don't know if you just shut down scum or town. All you know is you shut them down.

I'm actually inclined to think gobbleygook and sylencia more townish for their setup discussions.


agree with gobble, not sylencia.

Cool. Could you elaborate on the difference you perceive? Because I'm of the opinion their approaches to it are similar.


didn't i just say the difference in my previous post? like literally the post before this? (actually 2 i think)

Oh ... I guess I misunderstood. I think the setup discussion is townish, and I'm reading gobbleygook and sylencia town for their setup discussion. Not null, but town. It looks like they want to figure out what's best for town with regards to how we apply blue actions. I'm not bothered by the lack of substantive reads at this point, since the day just started. On that note, they are trying to get something in thread going instead of just sitting back and waiting.

Do you read the setup talk null? If so, what about gobbleygook do you read town?

This post is really townie. It's not what he's saying, but it's the format of it.

Sloosh answers a question and gives his opinion. He takes a hard stance and then he asks questions. Yeah, this is easy to replicate, but it just gives me good feels

what question does he answer?
Town reads easy for scum to make. And this is superficial. hardly a hard stance.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 15:45 GMT
#362
On September 05 2014 00:38 IAmRobik wrote:
Can someone explain to me why gobble is speaking for people all game instead of just waiting for people to explain themselves? Is this towny? I have NOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING CLUE how to read this behavior.

???

hes saying his reads?

##unvote
##vote Koshi
No gg, No skill.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 15:50 GMT
#363
On September 05 2014 00:45 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 00:38 IAmRobik wrote:
Can someone explain to me why gobble is speaking for people all game instead of just waiting for people to explain themselves? Is this towny? I have NOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING CLUE how to read this behavior.

???

hes saying his reads?

##unvote
##vote Koshi

No -- he's saying he thinks that person x is trying to say _____.
Yes, it's a read, but it's not a read. It's not "i think he's town because i think he's doing such-and-such to generate conversation". He's just saying "I think that this person thinks this because he's doing that"

Yes, this post is confusing. Just read Gooble's posts to understand what i'm trying to say
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 15:54 GMT
#364
On September 05 2014 00:50 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 00:45 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 05 2014 00:38 IAmRobik wrote:
Can someone explain to me why gobble is speaking for people all game instead of just waiting for people to explain themselves? Is this towny? I have NOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING CLUE how to read this behavior.

???

hes saying his reads?

##unvote
##vote Koshi

No -- he's saying he thinks that person x is trying to say _____.
Yes, it's a read, but it's not a read. It's not "i think he's town because i think he's doing such-and-such to generate conversation". He's just saying "I think that this person thinks this because he's doing that"

Yes, this post is confusing. Just read Gooble's posts to understand what i'm trying to say


It seems you don't like how my reads are presented. You are entitled to your opinion. And I don't care.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 16:07 GMT
#365
On September 05 2014 00:54 gobbledydook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 00:50 IAmRobik wrote:
On September 05 2014 00:45 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 05 2014 00:38 IAmRobik wrote:
Can someone explain to me why gobble is speaking for people all game instead of just waiting for people to explain themselves? Is this towny? I have NOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING CLUE how to read this behavior.

???

hes saying his reads?

##unvote
##vote Koshi

No -- he's saying he thinks that person x is trying to say _____.
Yes, it's a read, but it's not a read. It's not "i think he's town because i think he's doing such-and-such to generate conversation". He's just saying "I think that this person thinks this because he's doing that"

Yes, this post is confusing. Just read Gooble's posts to understand what i'm trying to say


It seems you don't like how my reads are presented. You are entitled to your opinion. And I don't care.

Those aren't reads. You're imagining people's thoughts instead of waiting for them to give them themselves. It's fucking weird.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 16:09 GMT
#366
im dying here robik.
dying of laughter.

No gg, No skill.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 04 2014 16:14 GMT
#367
The Angel vote is a plurality vote. Also no dead players can communicate with any living players
Computer says mafia
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
September 04 2014 16:19 GMT
#368
On September 04 2014 22:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 14:24 slOosh wrote:
Some people find it really easy to ease into games while others build into it. Both as town and as scum. Furthermore it's a themed setup where everyone has a role, so maybe "playing like blue" is kicking in. My point is that shutting down things so early in a 72 hour Day 1 doesn't really help us since you don't know if you just shut down scum or town. All you know is you shut them down.

I'm actually inclined to think gobbleygook and sylencia more townish for their setup discussions.

Explain the bolded. They gave bad advice and/or didn't read the setup and certainly didn't help finding mafia.
Also explain how setup discussion is townish? If there was a way to break the setup this setup would not exist. You can't gain anything if you discuss the setup before D3.

There are things you can do in this setup to gain an advantage that aren't necessarily breaking the setup. For instance, in Neat & Tidy you could have suggested possible vig shots, and it would be good advice even though it doesn't break anything. Same here - from what I see gobbleygook and Sylencia discussed how the town roles could be best used. Regardless of the objective quality of their plans, it's their efforts in trying to help town through setup means that I'm reading townish.

From Ver's How to Improve Analysis
On August 26 2010 13:07 Ver wrote:
As for plans, you don't always need one but there are many successful and poor plans that have been discussed and used over the past several games. More than the actual plan itself, the planning stage is more important as a mechanism to get useful information about people that you would not otherwise see. After all, the main contributors to the plan this game (not surprisingly at all), were entirely innocent! In addition, several mafia stood out as trying to appear 'supportive' of the plan while not making any real contributions to it.

I'm not promoting setup talk in the sense of "hey I'm pretty sure there's a way to break this setup let's do that". But I'm not against setup talk in the sense of "oh I can get some reads on these people doing setup talk". Which is where my gobbleygook and Sylencia townish reads are stemming from - not that their thoughts help break the setup, but the way that they contribute their thoughts look like they are trying to help town.

Now notice this. I've called these two people townish several times over now. Here's a good place for discussion. If you think these guys are scum, let us know! And don't just say "I think they are scum". Compile the posts that stick out the most and present them. If you want, to me specifically. That way I am put into a position where I am responsible for my stance. If you think I'm scum making up easy town reads, show that they should actually be scum reads and that I'm making up fluff.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 16:22 GMT
#369
On September 04 2014 21:28 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
high percentage of games (I think) end up with Oats being mislynched D1 because of it -_-

Not true.

Sloosh is just mucking about asking weirdass questions that still hasnt lead to anything.
How is him saying that nothing more can be discussed about setup and then encouraging discussion about setup a good thing???
Where am I cherry picking instead of not bothering to post irrelevant nonsense?

Show nested quote +

I hate the fact he called sloosh and koshi scum without any reasoning - and still without explaining why he called it out in the first place.

Why is calling someone scum without reasoning objectively scummy? I explained it eventually.
Do you disagree with my read on Koshi?
gobble, what do you read someone like him?

Oats, are you a transplant or are you a Singapore native? Seems like you want to ask "how do you erad someone like him?"

I'm not making fun of you here...if english is your native tongue, then this is really scummy, because you wanted to ask a different question that started with what, but then you revised it at some point.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 16:22 GMT
#370
On September 05 2014 01:09 Oatsmaster wrote:
im dying here robik.
dying of laughter.


You disagree?
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 16:24 GMT
#371
On September 05 2014 01:19 slOosh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 22:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:24 slOosh wrote:
Some people find it really easy to ease into games while others build into it. Both as town and as scum. Furthermore it's a themed setup where everyone has a role, so maybe "playing like blue" is kicking in. My point is that shutting down things so early in a 72 hour Day 1 doesn't really help us since you don't know if you just shut down scum or town. All you know is you shut them down.

I'm actually inclined to think gobbleygook and sylencia more townish for their setup discussions.

Explain the bolded. They gave bad advice and/or didn't read the setup and certainly didn't help finding mafia.
Also explain how setup discussion is townish? If there was a way to break the setup this setup would not exist. You can't gain anything if you discuss the setup before D3.

There are things you can do in this setup to gain an advantage that aren't necessarily breaking the setup. For instance, in Neat & Tidy you could have suggested possible vig shots, and it would be good advice even though it doesn't break anything. Same here - from what I see gobbleygook and Sylencia discussed how the town roles could be best used. Regardless of the objective quality of their plans, it's their efforts in trying to help town through setup means that I'm reading townish.

From Ver's How to Improve Analysis
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2010 13:07 Ver wrote:
As for plans, you don't always need one but there are many successful and poor plans that have been discussed and used over the past several games. More than the actual plan itself, the planning stage is more important as a mechanism to get useful information about people that you would not otherwise see. After all, the main contributors to the plan this game (not surprisingly at all), were entirely innocent! In addition, several mafia stood out as trying to appear 'supportive' of the plan while not making any real contributions to it.

I'm not promoting setup talk in the sense of "hey I'm pretty sure there's a way to break this setup let's do that". But I'm not against setup talk in the sense of "oh I can get some reads on these people doing setup talk". Which is where my gobbleygook and Sylencia townish reads are stemming from - not that their thoughts help break the setup, but the way that they contribute their thoughts look like they are trying to help town.

Now notice this. I've called these two people townish several times over now. Here's a good place for discussion. If you think these guys are scum, let us know! And don't just say "I think they are scum". Compile the posts that stick out the most and present them. If you want, to me specifically. That way I am put into a position where I am responsible for my stance. If you think I'm scum making up easy town reads, show that they should actually be scum reads and that I'm making up fluff.

Sloosh -- do me a favor -- STOP FUCKING TALKINGA BOUT SYLENCIA AND GOBBLE'S EARLY GAME. NO ONE CARES ANYMORE. MOVE THE FUCK ON
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 04 2014 16:26 GMT
#372
On September 05 2014 00:45 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 00:38 IAmRobik wrote:
Can someone explain to me why gobble is speaking for people all game instead of just waiting for people to explain themselves? Is this towny? I have NOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING CLUE how to read this behavior.

???

hes saying his reads?

##unvote
##vote Koshi

Why are you voting me Oats?
I had a good night of sleep.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 16:27 GMT
#373
I meant how instead of what, and I was referring to this post.
Like how gobble reads someone who posted 3 posts one line each.
On September 04 2014 21:17 gobbledydook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 21:06 Sylencia wrote:
Haru is town. Can't explain in too much detail without souping Haru. I am pretty certain I'm seeing the ideal situation and disagree with Koshi's statement about not seeing the big picture.

Null:
yamato - call out with no reasoning. Impossible to say anything about it
damdred - 1 post
rayn - 1 post
lonemeow - not in yet

I'm extremely conflicted about Oats. I hate the fact he called sloosh and koshi scum without any reasoning - and still without explaining why he called it out in the first place. His case against sloosh is pretty paper thin and I disagree with his interpretation of sloosh's posts. My interpretation is that the Oracle, Inquisitor and Wraith do what they think is best in terms of both finding the best time to reveal and expose themselves to soup, and in addition who they target. All of us, including the mentioned roles should (at some point closer to deadline more likely) put in suggestions as to who are the ideal target(s). Obviously we can wait for sloosh to come back to smooth things out a bit, but I feel like Oats is just cherry picking the part that makes sloosh look the worse and ignoring everything around it. Main reason why I'm conflicted is because the way Oats has been playing is classic town Oats and some high percentage of games (I think) end up with Oats being mislynched D1 because of it -_-

IAmRobik - pretty townie, can't see scum seeing the gobble grail vote reasoning before being told about it. I wouldn't ever hammer over this alone, but it's definitely a strike against gobble

Gobble is null-scum - Until I think about it later, something gives me a bad feeling about the initial planning post (regarding Inquis/Oracle visiting the same person) - like it feels like a plan to stifle the information we get from the Inquisitor in order to get Oracle views, which I think is pretty average N1. Then there's the case from Robik which I still think is still decent, but as I said, it's not solid enough evidence.

Scum team prediction so far: 1 of the players who haven't posted more than once or twice, oats and gobble.


I'm amazed that you are null reading the person who has posted nothing but 'i think koshi is scum' and 'still think hes scum'.
I think it's very weird that yamato would bother to come in, make an unsubstantiated post, and then disappear. Clearly he had the time to post, but his effort doesn't show it.

No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 16:28 GMT
#374
On September 05 2014 01:26 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 00:45 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 05 2014 00:38 IAmRobik wrote:
Can someone explain to me why gobble is speaking for people all game instead of just waiting for people to explain themselves? Is this towny? I have NOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING CLUE how to read this behavior.

???

hes saying his reads?

##unvote
##vote Koshi

Why are you voting me Oats?

On September 04 2014 13:47 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 08:37 Koshi wrote:
##HolyGrail: geript

I leave this thread in your capable hands.

This right here. Feels so much like scum knowing who's town. And making the least suspicious vote for the holy grail. Also he didn't vote for himself or have any intention of voting for himself. The optimal play as town is ensuring you get the items. Koshi does not care about that. He cares about not drawing suspicion to himself by voting himself. Wrong focus. Scum. Lynch

On September 04 2014 21:57 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 21:37 Koshi wrote:
On September 04 2014 21:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 04 2014 20:39 Koshi wrote:
I think I am ok with the following people. Just based on their posts.
•Oatsmaster only because ritoky
•gobbledydook
•IAmRobik
•geript
•slOosh
•ritoky

why sloosh and why isnt this list about scum?

SlOosh because he posts things. He is trying to figure the game out.
Because I feel that this list was worth posting.

prove the sloosh thing.

On September 04 2014 21:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 20:39 Koshi wrote:
I think I am ok with the following people. Just based on their posts.
•Oatsmaster only because ritoky
•gobbledydook
•IAmRobik
•geript
•slOosh
•ritoky

why sloosh and why isnt this list about scum?

On September 04 2014 22:31 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 22:21 Koshi wrote:
On September 04 2014 21:57 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 04 2014 21:37 Koshi wrote:
On September 04 2014 21:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 04 2014 20:39 Koshi wrote:
I think I am ok with the following people. Just based on their posts.
•Oatsmaster only because ritoky
•gobbledydook
•IAmRobik
•geript
•slOosh
•ritoky

why sloosh and why isnt this list about scum?

SlOosh because he posts things. He is trying to figure the game out.
Because I feel that this list was worth posting.

prove the sloosh thing.

Open filter, look at how many names he talks about, look at the lenght of his bigger posts, look at content of those posts. Verdict is do not lynch.

sick analysis bro.

post length, name count = town right?


Hey LM where did you go? I wanna talk to you.
No gg, No skill.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 16:32 GMT
#375
OK -- just filtered dove Oats real quick, because I thought I might catch him on something, but everything that he's posting/posted makes a lot of logical sense. He can be town.
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
September 04 2014 16:32 GMT
#376
Sure thing Robik, just clarifying questions people have about me and setup stuffs.

On September 05 2014 00:26 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 14:50 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:42 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:37 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:30 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:28 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:24 slOosh wrote:
Some people find it really easy to ease into games while others build into it. Both as town and as scum. Furthermore it's a themed setup where everyone has a role, so maybe "playing like blue" is kicking in. My point is that shutting down things so early in a 72 hour Day 1 doesn't really help us since you don't know if you just shut down scum or town. All you know is you shut them down.

I'm actually inclined to think gobbleygook and sylencia more townish for their setup discussions.


agree with gobble, not sylencia.

Cool. Could you elaborate on the difference you perceive? Because I'm of the opinion their approaches to it are similar.


didn't i just say the difference in my previous post? like literally the post before this? (actually 2 i think)

Oh ... I guess I misunderstood. I think the setup discussion is townish, and I'm reading gobbleygook and sylencia town for their setup discussion. Not null, but town. It looks like they want to figure out what's best for town with regards to how we apply blue actions. I'm not bothered by the lack of substantive reads at this point, since the day just started. On that note, they are trying to get something in thread going instead of just sitting back and waiting.

Do you read the setup talk null? If so, what about gobbleygook do you read town?


i think talking about "optimal play" and the setup is an easy thing to do as either alignment and appear to be contributing. i also don't really think it yields much alignment indicative information unless someone is quite obviously intentionally feeding a bad line of play to everyone else. something which i would like to believe almost everyone who plays on these forums would be smart enough not to do as mafia. but i have seen and done a lot of stupid stuff so i guess nothing is outside of the realm of possibility.

i think syl is scummy right now because all he has talked about is setup, when challenged he got whiny and defensive, and he claimed to not have time and spent what he had in defense rather than actually trying to find scum in any way.

conversely, gobble faced basically the exact same challenges and just plodded on ahead. plus i liked his vehement stance against robik's suggestion to mass claim in angel thread. if he were mafia i don't think he would come out with that strong of a sentiment against it that quickly.

I like the majority of this post, until the red. I think it's still a town!ritoky post -- although i don't think i've seen a ritoky mafia game, but the last sentence still sucks because it's a shitty shitty conclusion to draw.

What's wrong with the red part? I think it's very reasonable and I agree with him.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 16:34 GMT
#377
On September 05 2014 01:32 slOosh wrote:
Sure thing Robik, just clarifying questions people have about me and setup stuffs.

Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 00:26 IAmRobik wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:50 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:42 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:37 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:30 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:28 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:24 slOosh wrote:
Some people find it really easy to ease into games while others build into it. Both as town and as scum. Furthermore it's a themed setup where everyone has a role, so maybe "playing like blue" is kicking in. My point is that shutting down things so early in a 72 hour Day 1 doesn't really help us since you don't know if you just shut down scum or town. All you know is you shut them down.

I'm actually inclined to think gobbleygook and sylencia more townish for their setup discussions.


agree with gobble, not sylencia.

Cool. Could you elaborate on the difference you perceive? Because I'm of the opinion their approaches to it are similar.


didn't i just say the difference in my previous post? like literally the post before this? (actually 2 i think)

Oh ... I guess I misunderstood. I think the setup discussion is townish, and I'm reading gobbleygook and sylencia town for their setup discussion. Not null, but town. It looks like they want to figure out what's best for town with regards to how we apply blue actions. I'm not bothered by the lack of substantive reads at this point, since the day just started. On that note, they are trying to get something in thread going instead of just sitting back and waiting.

Do you read the setup talk null? If so, what about gobbleygook do you read town?


i think talking about "optimal play" and the setup is an easy thing to do as either alignment and appear to be contributing. i also don't really think it yields much alignment indicative information unless someone is quite obviously intentionally feeding a bad line of play to everyone else. something which i would like to believe almost everyone who plays on these forums would be smart enough not to do as mafia. but i have seen and done a lot of stupid stuff so i guess nothing is outside of the realm of possibility.

i think syl is scummy right now because all he has talked about is setup, when challenged he got whiny and defensive, and he claimed to not have time and spent what he had in defense rather than actually trying to find scum in any way.

conversely, gobble faced basically the exact same challenges and just plodded on ahead. plus i liked his vehement stance against robik's suggestion to mass claim in angel thread. if he were mafia i don't think he would come out with that strong of a sentiment against it that quickly.

I like the majority of this post, until the red. I think it's still a town!ritoky post -- although i don't think i've seen a ritoky mafia game, but the last sentence still sucks because it's a shitty shitty conclusion to draw.

What's wrong with the red part? I think it's very reasonable and I agree with him.

It's crap. It's "easy" analysis and it's not even correct analysis. Both geript and I came to the same conclusion about it -- even though we arrived at it hours/pages/etc apart.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 16:36 GMT
#378
Man sloosh, is there a reason why you ask these seemingly random questions to seemingly random people?
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 16:37 GMT
#379
Why not pick something more relevant if you are gonna pick 1 thing to talk about. Or pick someone that is controversial to talk about or to.
No gg, No skill.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 16:37 GMT
#380
oats, I know you had a scum read on sloosh earlier, and possibly still do, but why didn't you question Koshi on why he thinks I'm town. I don't think anyone had town-read me at that point, and he was the first one to do so (and he's right in doing it), but I just don't quite see why you don't question him about that.

I hate posts like the one I'm making, because I do think you're town and I guess it's kinda pointless to question you if I think you're town, but just entertain me (and hopefully solidify that my read is correct)
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 105 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM764
TKL 244
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 764
ByuN 300
mouzHeroMarine 245
TKL 244
UpATreeSC 73
BRAT_OK 35
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19628
Calm 2997
Shuttle 1053
Horang2 443
Dewaltoss 126
Rush 105
Zeus 57
Free 42
sorry 32
Killer 25
[ Show more ]
Trap 24
ToSsGirL 19
scan(afreeca) 19
PianO 17
Bale 16
Aegong 15
Rock 13
Hm[arnc] 12
Sacsri 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
Dendi1401
League of Legends
KnowMe52
Counter-Strike
fl0m5042
pashabiceps749
Fnx 636
x6flipin274
edward17
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King57
Other Games
singsing2007
Grubby1505
Liquid`RaSZi1468
Beastyqt706
C9.Mang0279
crisheroes266
B2W.Neo216
420jenkins174
IndyStarCraft 166
dupreeh160
QueenE104
Trikslyr95
JuggernautJason11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH276
• EnkiAlexander 22
• Hinosc 12
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3352
• WagamamaTV498
League of Legends
• Nemesis3456
• TFBlade653
Other Games
• Shiphtur670
• imaqtpie514
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 15m
INu's Battles
17h 15m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 15m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.