• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:36
CEST 20:36
KST 03:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9421 users

Season of the Witch Mafia - Page 20

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 105 Next
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 16:38 GMT
#381
On September 04 2014 22:00 gobbledydook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 21:39 Koshi wrote:
gobbledydook, what is your read on yamato?


He's scum. He had better have a good reason to explain his posting or I'm voting the shit out of him. As I said he has the time to come into the thread to say koshi is scum without any explanation, but doesn't actually bother to do anything constructive. One can only presume he's wasting our time.

Gooooooobledonk is probably town for the green part.
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
September 04 2014 16:41 GMT
#382
My questions make sense to me and help me form my reads (first establishing some town ones, then later scum ones).

But if you don't like it, go ahead and throw me a fastball Oats. I'm ready (but soon though I have lunch appointment coming up).
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 16:43 GMT
#383
On September 04 2014 22:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Robert is town.
geript is town.
Koshi is likely town.
yamato town.
Oats is town (no Robert you are wrong).
Sloosh town.

Sylencia mafia.

ritoky town.

Bitches cannot read scum QT unless Palmar changed the original rules which would be dumb.

I'll retract from my Sloosh read.
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 14:24 slOosh wrote:
Some people find it really easy to ease into games while others build into it. Both as town and as scum. Furthermore it's a themed setup where everyone has a role, so maybe "playing like blue" is kicking in. My point is that shutting down things so early in a 72 hour Day 1 doesn't really help us since you don't know if you just shut down scum or town. All you know is you shut them down.

I'm actually inclined to think gobbleygook and sylencia more townish for their setup discussions.

Explain the bolded. They gave bad advice and/or didn't read the setup and certainly didn't help finding mafia.
Also explain how setup discussion is townish? If there was a way to break the setup this setup would not exist. You can't gain anything if you discuss the setup before D3.

I am not surprised geript's reads are the opposite of mine....

##DeadlineVote: Sylencia
##Vote for bearer of the Holy Grail: geript


Rayn made a huge scum slip, but I'm the only one who will notice it, so I'm not even goign to bother explaining cause people will think I'm crazy. Just know that if Rayn is scum, I caught him off of this post.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 16:45 GMT
#384
Oh man...this makes me nervous about geript now
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 04 2014 16:45 GMT
#385
On September 05 2014 01:43 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 22:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Robert is town.
geript is town.
Koshi is likely town.
yamato town.
Oats is town (no Robert you are wrong).
Sloosh town.

Sylencia mafia.

ritoky town.

Bitches cannot read scum QT unless Palmar changed the original rules which would be dumb.

I'll retract from my Sloosh read.
On September 04 2014 14:24 slOosh wrote:
Some people find it really easy to ease into games while others build into it. Both as town and as scum. Furthermore it's a themed setup where everyone has a role, so maybe "playing like blue" is kicking in. My point is that shutting down things so early in a 72 hour Day 1 doesn't really help us since you don't know if you just shut down scum or town. All you know is you shut them down.

I'm actually inclined to think gobbleygook and sylencia more townish for their setup discussions.

Explain the bolded. They gave bad advice and/or didn't read the setup and certainly didn't help finding mafia.
Also explain how setup discussion is townish? If there was a way to break the setup this setup would not exist. You can't gain anything if you discuss the setup before D3.

I am not surprised geript's reads are the opposite of mine....

##DeadlineVote: Sylencia
##Vote for bearer of the Holy Grail: geript



Rayn made a huge scum slip, but I'm the only one who will notice it, so I'm not even goign to bother explaining cause people will think I'm crazy. Just know that if Rayn is scum, I caught him off of this post.


Can you explain it to me robik, I promise I won't think our crazier than I already do
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 16:46 GMT
#386
Damdred is in this game?
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 16:47 GMT
#387
If it's a scum slip then he's scum right? So what's with the "if rain flips scum".

Sloosh, give us a breakdown of your current reads and how your questions helped you achieve those reads.
No gg, No skill.
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
September 04 2014 16:47 GMT
#388
Oh boy this is exciting, I was waiting for this. Hey Damdred. What are your three biggest thoughts right now?
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 04 2014 16:48 GMT
#389
On September 05 2014 01:28 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 01:26 Koshi wrote:
On September 05 2014 00:45 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 05 2014 00:38 IAmRobik wrote:
Can someone explain to me why gobble is speaking for people all game instead of just waiting for people to explain themselves? Is this towny? I have NOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING CLUE how to read this behavior.

???

hes saying his reads?

##unvote
##vote Koshi

Why are you voting me Oats?

Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 13:47 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 04 2014 08:37 Koshi wrote:
##HolyGrail: geript

I leave this thread in your capable hands.

This right here. Feels so much like scum knowing who's town. And making the least suspicious vote for the holy grail. Also he didn't vote for himself or have any intention of voting for himself. The optimal play as town is ensuring you get the items. Koshi does not care about that. He cares about not drawing suspicion to himself by voting himself. Wrong focus. Scum. Lynch

I voted geript because I felt he was town. I didn't vote myself because I want other people to solve the game.
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 21:57 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 04 2014 21:37 Koshi wrote:
On September 04 2014 21:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 04 2014 20:39 Koshi wrote:
I think I am ok with the following people. Just based on their posts.
•Oatsmaster only because ritoky
•gobbledydook
•IAmRobik
•geript
•slOosh
•ritoky

why sloosh and why isnt this list about scum?

SlOosh because he posts things. He is trying to figure the game out.
Because I feel that this list was worth posting.

prove the sloosh thing.

I did. People who talk about or towards a lot of different people are mostly town. It's a valid D1 tactic. I still believe my list is correct. It's on the people not on my list to proof they are town. That's how I am going to play this day.
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 21:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 04 2014 20:39 Koshi wrote:
I think I am ok with the following people. Just based on their posts.
•Oatsmaster only because ritoky
•gobbledydook
•IAmRobik
•geript
•slOosh
•ritoky

why sloosh and why isnt this list about scum?

See above.
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 22:31 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 04 2014 22:21 Koshi wrote:
On September 04 2014 21:57 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 04 2014 21:37 Koshi wrote:
On September 04 2014 21:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 04 2014 20:39 Koshi wrote:
I think I am ok with the following people. Just based on their posts.
•Oatsmaster only because ritoky
•gobbledydook
•IAmRobik
•geript
•slOosh
•ritoky

why sloosh and why isnt this list about scum?

SlOosh because he posts things. He is trying to figure the game out.
Because I feel that this list was worth posting.

prove the sloosh thing.

Open filter, look at how many names he talks about, look at the lenght of his bigger posts, look at content of those posts. Verdict is do not lynch.

sick analysis bro.

See above²

I answered in the quote.

I am not going to be the guy playing thread police. I'll probably wont be able to hold myself when nothing happens the following 30 hours but atm I am happy where I am.

If you want to know my thought process ask me. I think the only not obvious townread is gobble and I townread him for asking reasoning behind posts. And being persistent about it.
I had a good night of sleep.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 16:49 GMT
#390
On September 05 2014 01:47 Oatsmaster wrote:
If it's a scum slip then he's scum right? So what's with the "if rain flips scum".

Sloosh, give us a breakdown of your current reads and how your questions helped you achieve those reads.

Well, I think it's a scum slip, but it's sooooo fucking minute. I don't think I single person will listen to me and I'd rather not have any pressure on me, especially from rayn.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 16:50 GMT
#391
You never play like this koshi, what gives?

Surprising that lm didn't give any excuses for his absence. Considering he was reasonably excited pregame
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 16:51 GMT
#392
Let's have some fun eh?
Tell us.
No gg, No skill.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 04 2014 16:54 GMT
#393
It's the new and improved me.
Mass posting is terrible for me because I get insanely caught within the thread. I need to be able to take a step back and look at the thread without bias.

It's much better for my reads.

I just need people to do the legwork for me.
I had a good night of sleep.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 16:58 GMT
#394
On September 04 2014 22:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am not surprised geript's reads are the opposite of mine....


To the untrained eye, this isn't weird at all. But look at it closer.

"I am not surprised geript's reads are the opposite of mine" -- nothing wrong here
but then he puts an ellipsis and a smiley face after that.

I would have been fine with a period and a smiley face. or just a smiley face. but why would he put an ellipsis after a statement like that. It doesn't make sense!

An ellipsis implies that the thought trails off or that you want someone to draw a conclusion or that you're unsure about something and don't want to full commit.

It's just completely out of place.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 04 2014 16:58 GMT
#395
On September 05 2014 01:46 IAmRobik wrote:
Damdred is in this game?


Fraid so, just got my new phone so I can post whenever I want now.

On September 05 2014 01:47 slOosh wrote:
Oh boy this is exciting, I was waiting for this. Hey Damdred. What are your three biggest thoughts right now?


One thing right now is that robik says he got a scum read on rayn, but doesn't want to talk about it to avoid pressure? What is that? If you think someone is scum you should press it and try to destroy the scum, its robik why is he scared of pressure? And not sure why if rayn is scum it would make him nervous of ger

From rereading filters so far and catching up I like gooble, asks some good questions and it seems to have some follow up.

And Koshi is not his normal self it feels like. I know he says hes tring a new non mass posting thing, but pregame he said he would be posting lots and a lot of his posts lack a ton of content and some of his reads lack some explanations. Asks a lot of questions without drawing conclusions once asked it seems.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 04 2014 17:01 GMT
#396
On September 05 2014 01:58 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 22:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am not surprised geript's reads are the opposite of mine....


To the untrained eye, this isn't weird at all. But look at it closer.

"I am not surprised geript's reads are the opposite of mine" -- nothing wrong here
but then he puts an ellipsis and a smiley face after that.

I would have been fine with a period and a smiley face. or just a smiley face. but why would he put an ellipsis after a statement like that. It doesn't make sense!

An ellipsis implies that the thought trails off or that you want someone to draw a conclusion or that you're unsure about something and don't want to full commit.

It's just completely out of place.

It's the ... of disappointment. Which fits because he reads geript town.


Damdred,
I said pregame I wouldn't be posting much at all... Which I have been saying the last x games already.
I had a good night of sleep.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 17:02 GMT
#397
On September 04 2014 23:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
The only thing you have talked about is the holy grail discussion which in your conclusion was incedibly dumb.
Yes i think that makes you.. at least not town.
Why should i townread you?

Actually, this is also weird. The 2nd line in particular. Why does that make him "at least not town". It might make him "useless town," sure, but not "at least not town.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 17:10 GMT
#398
On September 05 2014 02:01 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 01:58 IAmRobik wrote:
On September 04 2014 22:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am not surprised geript's reads are the opposite of mine....


To the untrained eye, this isn't weird at all. But look at it closer.

"I am not surprised geript's reads are the opposite of mine" -- nothing wrong here
but then he puts an ellipsis and a smiley face after that.

I would have been fine with a period and a smiley face. or just a smiley face. but why would he put an ellipsis after a statement like that. It doesn't make sense!

An ellipsis implies that the thought trails off or that you want someone to draw a conclusion or that you're unsure about something and don't want to full commit.

It's just completely out of place.

It's the ... of disappointment. Which fits because he reads geript town.

If it was an ellipsis of disappointment, it would have been followed by a sad face.
Actually, the emoticon that REALLY should have followed that statement is
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 17:13 GMT
#399
On September 05 2014 01:54 Koshi wrote:
It's the new and improved me.
Mass posting is terrible for me because I get insanely caught within the thread. I need to be able to take a step back and look at the thread without bias.

It's much better for my reads.

I just need people to do the legwork for me.

The tone this whole game is either super serious or fake happy.
Lynch this shit man.


Koshi, show us a town game where you played the same way.
No gg, No skill.
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
September 04 2014 17:15 GMT
#400
Sure thing Oats. I'll refer to posts but not quote them to save space.

gobbledydook - I asked the grail question since I found it interesting he would give it to geript, despite having opposite reads on HaruRH. This makes me iffy. Later he talks about setup stuff. This looks like town trying to help figure out what's best. When discussing Angel QT stuff, gobbley takes a very strong stance against Robik's suggestion. It felt very natural. I asked Robik about ritoky's read into this because I take that situation as a town tell for gobbley.

Sylencia - similar thing with gobbley, his effort to help with setup looks genuine.

ritoky - the grail question was an opener, just to get chat going. It might be an easy question, but scum might have a tough time answering softballs so can't hurt to try. The little chat we had felt pretty good.

Koshi - I was initially concerned with Koshi for the "loaded question", because it could have been scum baiting out other people to do the accusing for him, since he points out what HaruRH says, but then let other people talk. However Koshi is someone who revvs into gear as game progresses so I'm not really too concerned right now.

IAmRobik - He plays "real time mafia" playstyle, and it feels very fluid and natural. A stronger read.

geript - Not too sure on him, but seems to be meshing with Robik on several points, so I assume should one of them be mafia, the other would notice and speak up.

yamato77 - did he roll scum again for like the 3rd time or something? Perhaps. He has taken to a more laid back playstyle, but in uhh Storm 2 he played laid back but made good sense so it's another one of those let's see what he does with his posts thing.

rayn - I'm wary because he can play good scum. Watchful.

Damdred - I'm excited for partly because I think he is a promising player as I've played several games with him / hosted one with him in it, and also to get revenge for Showdown Mafia where he was scum and fooled me. I'M WATCHING YOU DAMDRED MUAHAHA

LoneMeow - Has made a couple of easy posts that go along with thread vibes. Suspicious but nothing blaring.

HaruRH - Pretty null at this point.

And finally, you dear Oatsmaster.
I remember the games we played together. You keep scumreading me, and I think it's because of my playstyle where I type everything up neat and make big paragraphs and you find them suspicious. Because there was one game you super town read me and that was when I played a more 1-liner real time style.

Conversely I also do not mesh with your playstyle, namely that one post where I asked you stop what you were doing independent of your alignment. But that's preference. You feel town from your aggression and that's where I'm at with you.

Cool. Feel free to followup on any of these points of your choosing (but I'll probably be lunching soon so don't expect anything immediate).
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 105 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 360
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 116
BRAT_OK 79
MindelVK 24
Railgan 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2170
Bisu 1078
Dewaltoss 139
Shinee 55
Trap 32
Bale 23
NaDa 23
scan(afreeca) 15
zelot 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 580
420jenkins412
Counter-Strike
fl0m4531
pashabiceps896
Fnx 642
x6flipin213
kRYSTAL_23
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3158
Liquid`Hasu493
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1735
FrodaN868
B2W.Neo291
Livibee173
C9.Mang0146
TKL 93
QueenE83
RotterdaM68
Mew2King30
JuggernautJason7
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV231
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 14
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3165
• TFBlade747
Other Games
• Shiphtur1286
• imaqtpie711
• WagamamaTV381
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 25m
Patches Events
21h 25m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.