• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:50
CEST 17:50
KST 00:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9208 users

Season of the Witch Mafia - Page 18

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 105 Next
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 14:59 GMT
#341
Well that + you called my posts good.
No gg, No skill.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 15:05 GMT
#342
I said that I like the points that you bring up, but I don't like the way you are bringing them up. They don't flow well. I can't explain it -- something's just awry - I feel like your town game is more fluid.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 15:11 GMT
#343
I'm conflicted about the grail too.

1) I don't know if I trust geript right now
2) I want the grail because I know I'm town and don't know anyone else's alignment 100%, but at the same time, I'm not confident in my reads right now.

3) While point 2 makes me think I might not be a good candidate for the grail, I think this point makes me an excellent candidate. I think because my reads aren't all that confident and solidified, I think I'll be alive for a long time. As games progress, my reads get better and better.

I encourage all of those reading me even remotely town to put your faith in me. I'm a huge pussy when I'm mafia, and I don't post and I don't express myself well. I assure you that if you put your faith in me, I will lead town to victory.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 15:12 GMT
#344
On September 05 2014 00:05 IAmRobik wrote:
I said that I like the points that you bring up, but I don't like the way you are bringing them up. They don't flow well. I can't explain it -- something's just awry - I feel like your town game is more fluid.

I dont know what you mean by this man, but it doesnt make any sense.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 15:13 GMT
#345
How many games have you seen people with good reads rather than good players die to mafia kills?
As mafia, do you target people who are right or people who are good?

No gg, No skill.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 15:14 GMT
#346
On September 04 2014 14:42 slOosh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 14:37 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:30 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:28 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:24 slOosh wrote:
Some people find it really easy to ease into games while others build into it. Both as town and as scum. Furthermore it's a themed setup where everyone has a role, so maybe "playing like blue" is kicking in. My point is that shutting down things so early in a 72 hour Day 1 doesn't really help us since you don't know if you just shut down scum or town. All you know is you shut them down.

I'm actually inclined to think gobbleygook and sylencia more townish for their setup discussions.


agree with gobble, not sylencia.

Cool. Could you elaborate on the difference you perceive? Because I'm of the opinion their approaches to it are similar.


didn't i just say the difference in my previous post? like literally the post before this? (actually 2 i think)

Oh ... I guess I misunderstood. I think the setup discussion is townish, and I'm reading gobbleygook and sylencia town for their setup discussion. Not null, but town. It looks like they want to figure out what's best for town with regards to how we apply blue actions. I'm not bothered by the lack of substantive reads at this point, since the day just started. On that note, they are trying to get something in thread going instead of just sitting back and waiting.

Do you read the setup talk null? If so, what about gobbleygook do you read town?

This post is really townie. It's not what he's saying, but it's the format of it.

Sloosh answers a question and gives his opinion. He takes a hard stance and then he asks questions. Yeah, this is easy to replicate, but it just gives me good feels
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 15:15 GMT
#347
That post felt really bad from a momentum perspective.
You started off tentatively then point 2 is pretty contradictory, point 3 a lotta "I think". and then the last part is really confident.

Not consistent man.
No gg, No skill.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 15:17 GMT
#348
On September 05 2014 00:13 Oatsmaster wrote:
How many games have you seen people with good reads rather than good players die to mafia kills?
As mafia, do you target people who are right or people who are good?


Preferably both, but generally just people who are good. I know it's counter-intuitive, but good players have way more influence than shitty players and I feel like I can out talk and out convince a bad player if push comes to shove.

Not that it matters this game.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 15:20 GMT
#349
On September 05 2014 00:15 Oatsmaster wrote:
That post felt really bad from a momentum perspective.
You started off tentatively then point 2 is pretty contradictory, point 3 a lotta "I think". and then the last part is really confident.

Not consistent man.

idgaf? It's how I feel about the game.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 15:21 GMT
#350
And what's wrong with "I think".

Thinking is scummy? lol
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 15:26 GMT
#351
On September 04 2014 14:50 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 14:42 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:37 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:30 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:28 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:24 slOosh wrote:
Some people find it really easy to ease into games while others build into it. Both as town and as scum. Furthermore it's a themed setup where everyone has a role, so maybe "playing like blue" is kicking in. My point is that shutting down things so early in a 72 hour Day 1 doesn't really help us since you don't know if you just shut down scum or town. All you know is you shut them down.

I'm actually inclined to think gobbleygook and sylencia more townish for their setup discussions.


agree with gobble, not sylencia.

Cool. Could you elaborate on the difference you perceive? Because I'm of the opinion their approaches to it are similar.


didn't i just say the difference in my previous post? like literally the post before this? (actually 2 i think)

Oh ... I guess I misunderstood. I think the setup discussion is townish, and I'm reading gobbleygook and sylencia town for their setup discussion. Not null, but town. It looks like they want to figure out what's best for town with regards to how we apply blue actions. I'm not bothered by the lack of substantive reads at this point, since the day just started. On that note, they are trying to get something in thread going instead of just sitting back and waiting.

Do you read the setup talk null? If so, what about gobbleygook do you read town?


i think talking about "optimal play" and the setup is an easy thing to do as either alignment and appear to be contributing. i also don't really think it yields much alignment indicative information unless someone is quite obviously intentionally feeding a bad line of play to everyone else. something which i would like to believe almost everyone who plays on these forums would be smart enough not to do as mafia. but i have seen and done a lot of stupid stuff so i guess nothing is outside of the realm of possibility.

i think syl is scummy right now because all he has talked about is setup, when challenged he got whiny and defensive, and he claimed to not have time and spent what he had in defense rather than actually trying to find scum in any way.

conversely, gobble faced basically the exact same challenges and just plodded on ahead. plus i liked his vehement stance against robik's suggestion to mass claim in angel thread. if he were mafia i don't think he would come out with that strong of a sentiment against it that quickly.

I like the majority of this post, until the red. I think it's still a town!ritoky post -- although i don't think i've seen a ritoky mafia game, but the last sentence still sucks because it's a shitty shitty conclusion to draw.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 15:29 GMT
#352
On September 04 2014 15:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Don't talk about setup. You can only help scum.
Don't claim unless i tell you to.

Period.

I'm the cop
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 15:30 GMT
#353
On September 04 2014 15:53 geript wrote:
I don't really have any solid townreads yet. It's really sad. Plus there's too many people on my too lynch list. Gun to my head Koshi; he's not as happy and fun as I usually think of him. But there's an odd towny air to him.

People town reading geript after this post are pretty bad at this game.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 15:34 GMT
#354
On September 04 2014 16:08 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 14:50 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:42 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:37 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:30 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:28 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:24 slOosh wrote:
Some people find it really easy to ease into games while others build into it. Both as town and as scum. Furthermore it's a themed setup where everyone has a role, so maybe "playing like blue" is kicking in. My point is that shutting down things so early in a 72 hour Day 1 doesn't really help us since you don't know if you just shut down scum or town. All you know is you shut them down.

I'm actually inclined to think gobbleygook and sylencia more townish for their setup discussions.


agree with gobble, not sylencia.

Cool. Could you elaborate on the difference you perceive? Because I'm of the opinion their approaches to it are similar.


didn't i just say the difference in my previous post? like literally the post before this? (actually 2 i think)

Oh ... I guess I misunderstood. I think the setup discussion is townish, and I'm reading gobbleygook and sylencia town for their setup discussion. Not null, but town. It looks like they want to figure out what's best for town with regards to how we apply blue actions. I'm not bothered by the lack of substantive reads at this point, since the day just started. On that note, they are trying to get something in thread going instead of just sitting back and waiting.

Do you read the setup talk null? If so, what about gobbleygook do you read town?


i think talking about "optimal play" and the setup is an easy thing to do as either alignment and appear to be contributing. i also don't really think it yields much alignment indicative information unless someone is quite obviously intentionally feeding a bad line of play to everyone else. something which i would like to believe almost everyone who plays on these forums would be smart enough not to do as mafia. but i have seen and done a lot of stupid stuff so i guess nothing is outside of the realm of possibility.

i think syl is scummy right now because all he has talked about is setup, when challenged he got whiny and defensive, and he claimed to not have time and spent what he had in defense rather than actually trying to find scum in any way.

conversely, gobble faced basically the exact same challenges and just plodded on ahead. plus i liked his vehement stance against robik's suggestion to mass claim in angel thread. if he were mafia i don't think he would come out with that strong of a sentiment against it that quickly.


This is what I was talking about.

Fuck you for stealing my thunder. FUCKKKKKK. I hated your post about not having town reads, but i like your sylencia read and i like your ritoky read -- including the specific part I highlighted in my recent post, which apparently you noticed too.

Maybe you are town afterall.
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 15:36 GMT
#355
Here's why I think koshi is scum.

1)
On September 04 2014 20:39 Koshi wrote:
I think I am ok with the following people. Just based on their posts.
•Oatsmaster only because ritoky
•gobbledydook
•IAmRobik
•geript
•slOosh
•ritoky


this is a really bad post. It's a list of town people with no explanation whatsoever. It's not a list town would make.

2) he has done nothing while posting a whole page of filler. I don't see any insight he has offered that I would expect an experienced player like koshi would make as town. He went to sleep when the day had just started, but his posts haven't gained substance since he woke up.


A look through sloosh's filter and it's not impressive either. There's some meaningless setup talk, and then there are a series of open-ended questions without actually committing to anything. I don't even know what his reads are. I agree with oats here on sloosh scum.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 15:37 GMT
#356
On September 05 2014 00:29 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 15:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Don't talk about setup. You can only help scum.
Don't claim unless i tell you to.

Period.

I'm the cop


didn't you do this sort of fakeclaim in noir mini that screwed the whole town over.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 15:38 GMT
#357
Can someone explain to me why gobble is speaking for people all game instead of just waiting for people to explain themselves? Is this towny? I have NOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING CLUE how to read this behavior.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 15:39 GMT
#358
On September 05 2014 00:37 gobbledydook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 00:29 IAmRobik wrote:
On September 04 2014 15:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Don't talk about setup. You can only help scum.
Don't claim unless i tell you to.

Period.

I'm the cop


didn't you do this sort of fakeclaim in noir mini that screwed the whole town over.

Is that the game where idiots lynched BH and then lynched MysteryMeat, cause they can't read into what's going on in a game? If you think I'm to blame for that, you're out of your fucking mind.
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 15:42 GMT
#359
sloosh what are your top scumreads. why.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 15:43 GMT
#360
On September 05 2014 00:39 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 00:37 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 05 2014 00:29 IAmRobik wrote:
On September 04 2014 15:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Don't talk about setup. You can only help scum.
Don't claim unless i tell you to.

Period.

I'm the cop


didn't you do this sort of fakeclaim in noir mini that screwed the whole town over.

Is that the game where idiots lynched BH and then lynched MysteryMeat, cause they can't read into what's going on in a game? If you think I'm to blame for that, you're out of your fucking mind.


We can discuss this another day. Let's move on.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 105 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech142
UpATreeSC 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5186
Bisu 2464
Soulkey 1679
Jaedong 639
Mini 533
EffOrt 518
Horang2 378
Larva 367
ggaemo 245
actioN 241
[ Show more ]
ZerO 226
Yoon 130
Dewaltoss 106
Mind 92
sorry 82
hero 72
Barracks 67
Shinee 66
Sharp 61
Pusan 59
Snow 52
Hyun 46
Bale 31
Trap 28
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 17
NaDa 15
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 12
zelot 10
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5629
qojqva2631
Dendi1249
420jenkins228
League of Legends
Reynor69
Counter-Strike
fl0m2855
Fnx 757
x6flipin381
edward43
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes250
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1150
hiko1045
B2W.Neo476
DeMusliM293
XBOCT229
Livibee205
Liquid`VortiX195
QueenE98
Mew2King51
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
Other Games
WardiTV1
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 74
• mYiSmile132
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV591
League of Legends
• Nemesis3850
• TFBlade613
Other Games
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 10m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.