• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:45
CEST 10:45
KST 17:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7909 users

[N][M] Normal Ass Normal Game - Page 26

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 81 Next
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
April 16 2014 18:48 GMT
#501
On April 17 2014 03:46 Koshi wrote:
omni and kush. Those 2 I want to lynch. I am going to soccer and will come back and make a case on why I would see Omni as second lynch.

Something with saying Kush is the towniest out of a certain group while saying everything Kush does is scummy and the rest of the group is null.

Cavalinho/alakaslam/OTW and all others we don't know jack shit about can be vigged/copped.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
April 16 2014 18:49 GMT
#502
Hello Vivax. I take it you followed thread so please spill the beans. I am going for soccer sadly but I expect strong things from you instantly.
I had a good night of sleep.
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 16 2014 18:50 GMT
#503
On April 17 2014 03:43 kushm4sta wrote:
my case on cavalinho outlined

1. you think FT is scummy for answering a question thoroughly, rather than just saying "im null on that guy

2 you are calling FT scummy for one very unspecific, generic reason: He is writing a lot while not doing anything, basically. And you keep saying that in different words over and over again.

3 it looks nothing like your town game, where the reasoning behind your reads are much more in depth.

4 You are scumreading FT, when what you are scum reading them for, not taking a stance, mberg does much worse. Oh you had a secret scumread on mberg, ok...


1) It's not because he answered a question thoroughly. He didn't answer it thoroughly. He made a post that looked like he was doing analysis which boiled down to an analysis with no definitive conclusion.

2) His filter is less than a page long. He doesn't answer my questions and doesn't really respond to/deny accusations. It's possible he's genuinely afk, but I'm going to keep my vote on him until he convinces me otherwise.

3) Newbie games and regular games are two completely different things. Just because my reads aren't as elaborate as they were, that doesn't mean my reads were necessarily better then. The key difference is that I was outing my reads as a whole, rather than just scumreads.

4) You act like I was supposed to ignore mderg so I would look scummy, and then I admit I have a scumread on him too. This makes me scummy...How, exactly? I don't understand your logic.
Spectaticle
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
April 16 2014 18:55 GMT
#504
1he gave a very thorough answer as to why his read on him was null.

2him being afk doesn't change the fact that your reasoning for scumreading those posts is scummy in how generic it is.

3you had more defined reasons for both scum and town reads. That is the difference.

4why are you voting for FT over mberg? You must think FT is scummier, right? why. why wouldn't you tell us why.

OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
April 16 2014 18:56 GMT
#505
Futhermore, cavalinho, what do you think of me? Do you realize I am getting lynched right now? Happy about that or what?
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
April 16 2014 18:59 GMT
#506
On April 16 2014 18:52 Skanjab1s wrote:
Rejoice, I have woken up to so many pages, I'm gonna go through them and respond to everything.
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 03:56 ObviousOne wrote:
On April 15 2014 18:56 Skanjab1s wrote:
Hey guys, I'm the Vig. I've only got 3 days to play this game, so claiming now is the best option. I will use my 1 shot tonight on whoever i deem worthy of it. So far, that person is OO, for insulting my honor.

This is tweek right?

Yes!
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 05:56 FirmTofu wrote:
On April 15 2014 18:56 Skanjab1s wrote:
Hey guys, I'm the Vig. I've only got 3 days to play this game, so claiming now is the best option. I will use my 1 shot tonight on whoever i deem worthy of it. So far, that person is OO, for insulting my honor.

Skanjab has said little of value, but his roleclaim is an important milestone in this game. Firstly, I think his roleclaim is genuine. Mafia claiming this early is an insane risk. The potential benefits of claiming vig as mafia are far outweighed by the cost of losing 1/3 of their team. From what I know of skanjab, he's not the type of player to take huge risks like this as mafia, where other people are directly dependent on his survival.

I'm going to take this claim at face value and assume for the time being that it is genuine.

All that being said, I think this vig claim is a terrible play from Skanjab. Not only did he claim to be one of a handful of blue roles we have, he also wants to shoot immediately and has already stated a potential target.

So, @Skanjab: Please keep your intended target to yourself. Why did you think claiming was a good idea? How do you intend to proceed throughout the day? We need to hear more from you and you need to start actively scumhunting so you can choose the best possible target.



I will keep my target to myself, don't worry. I'm going to carry on scumhunting (more actively as of now) and just proceed as usual. I always find the beginnings of days hard to actually contribute to, now that we've got lots of pages of stuff I'll be better.

FirmTofu, just out of curiosity, do you play on omgus? How many games have you played with me?

No, I've never played with you on omgus. It's good that you're back. Gonna finish catching up now.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 19:00 GMT
#507
Koshi, I don't understand what you are doing right now. You keep pointing out something about my post on Skan early in the game and saying how I didn't believe his claim. That is clearly not the case as many people have already answered for me. It's right at the start of my filter too, there's more to it than that! You still keep raising the same point over and over again and calling me scum and when finally people point out that you are wrong you backtrack without explicitly saying you read it wrong and then say "yeh I just thought I'd point out how wrong he was".

What are your intentions behind that? The way it comes across is an attempt at slander to paint me in a negative light.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
April 16 2014 19:03 GMT
#508
Just a quick point as I'm finishing up the last few pages. mderg is lynchbait. He has one post, he's a lurker, he has done absolutely nothing.

He's an excellent vig shot, but probably not the best lynch.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
April 16 2014 19:04 GMT
#509
On April 17 2014 04:00 OneThousandWords wrote:
Koshi, I don't understand what you are doing right now. You keep pointing out something about my post on Skan early in the game and saying how I didn't believe his claim. That is clearly not the case as many people have already answered for me. It's right at the start of my filter too, there's more to it than that! You still keep raising the same point over and over again and calling me scum and when finally people point out that you are wrong you backtrack without explicitly saying you read it wrong and then say "yeh I just thought I'd point out how wrong he was".

What are your intentions behind that? The way it comes across is an attempt at slander to paint me in a negative light.

... w.e If you don't understand it now you never will.
Consider the subject completely dropped.
I had a good night of sleep.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 16 2014 19:11 GMT
#510
I´m not really convinced on kush being scum. I agree that he had some strange posts but they´re not painting him scum. I also liked his defense of OTW. His case on cav is not really convincing, though, but it has at least some basis to it.
So I have a null read on him right now.
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 19:16 GMT
#511
Also, Kush, I've read what you think of Cav and I agree to an extent. I do give him bonus points for bringing up a player that was relatively unmentioned by the rest of the players here though. I think what Cav said does actually hold some merit. Tofu was just responding to questions from Koshi and while they may be elaborate ways of saying a player is null (I don't agree with Cav that this is something scum do) they were all just responses to Koshi asking a question about a player and the responses were fairly basic. All he really talked about was Skanjab's claim probably being a town claim which is what was already said in the thread before. His read on Dja was also not very analytical, it was a tone null read, which is an odd way to approach a read on a player who was active at the start of the game and had posts to talk about.

The point that I agree on though is that Cav's filter is very one dimensional. It exclusively talks about a player who has not very many posts and afk'd at the start of the game. This would be an easy person to pick on for mafia and the fact that he has no real mention of other players (not just mderg) is slightly more worrying. Then, rather than elaborate on more reads or question things or show his thought process he just defends against accusations more and more when under no real pressure which is odd.

@Cav, you mentioned you had a scum read on mderg for similar posting. Why did you not mention him? Have you got a read on any other players at this time?
Pictures speak a thousand words!
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 16 2014 19:18 GMT
#512
Kush, I already told you that I found FT and mderg to be scummy, but I wanted to bring FT's filter to light over mderg due to the number of people focusing on mderg.

On another topic, I have a slight townread on you. I feel like you're trying to solve the game, and I don't think I'll be voting for you today unless some ridiculous bullshit comes up. You're wrong, of course, but your posts have a town vibe to them. I find it difficult to elaborate on you as a whole, because the way the regulars play and the way the newbies play are completely different. Your method of posting is much more breezy and geared towards normal speech rather than the wall-of-text posts that newbies have.

My vote is probably going to stay on FT or mderg for now.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 16 2014 19:22 GMT
#513
On April 17 2014 04:16 OneThousandWords wrote:
Also, Kush, I've read what you think of Cav and I agree to an extent. I do give him bonus points for bringing up a player that was relatively unmentioned by the rest of the players here though. I think what Cav said does actually hold some merit. Tofu was just responding to questions from Koshi and while they may be elaborate ways of saying a player is null (I don't agree with Cav that this is something scum do) they were all just responses to Koshi asking a question about a player and the responses were fairly basic. All he really talked about was Skanjab's claim probably being a town claim which is what was already said in the thread before. His read on Dja was also not very analytical, it was a tone null read, which is an odd way to approach a read on a player who was active at the start of the game and had posts to talk about.

The point that I agree on though is that Cav's filter is very one dimensional. It exclusively talks about a player who has not very many posts and afk'd at the start of the game. This would be an easy person to pick on for mafia and the fact that he has no real mention of other players (not just mderg) is slightly more worrying. Then, rather than elaborate on more reads or question things or show his thought process he just defends against accusations more and more when under no real pressure which is odd.

@Cav, you mentioned you had a scum read on mderg for similar posting. Why did you not mention him? Have you got a read on any other players at this time?


For the sake of giving information, I think you, Koshi, and Kush are town. I've already given my opinions on you and Kush.

Koshi just strikes me as town for the moment. The way he's coaching people in this game and trying to dictate the pace of the thread by making people post more feels townie to me. He's pressuring people and giving reads and trying to get rid of people he can't read. (Even though I'm one of them. -.-

I think mderg and FT are scummy, for the same reasons that I've elaborated on. FT needs to talk more though.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 16 2014 19:22 GMT
#514
And I've already said multiple times why I voted for FT over mderg.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 16 2014 19:24 GMT
#515
Also that smiley didn't turn out the way I wanted it to.

Disregard pls.
Spectaticle
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 19:25 GMT
#516
Can you read my post on thrawn? I think he's quite scummy, although Kush seems to disagree. Koshi and others decided it wasn't worth their time to bother reading it which is a really strange way to play a game of mafia if you are town. I think Kush is actually towny for reading it and commenting on it, among other things that he has done.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
April 16 2014 19:32 GMT
#517
I don't like Koshi's insistence on pushing kush. Kush has a decent past few pages and his pressure of Cavalinho seems genuine.

Although Kush brings up some good points on Cavalinho, I'm not entirely convinced. Cavalinho looks like he doesn't understand that people sometimes give out null reads in order to promote discussion on a player. Fundamentally, he doesn't understand the purpose of my post: to explain to Koshi why Dja was not the appropriate use of our time in the thread.

@kush+Koshi Tell me what you think of OmniEulogy so far. I'm curious to hear your thoughts.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
April 16 2014 19:39 GMT
#518
Current status of reads. Reasoning pending, but ask me about a specific one if you want me to explain it first:

Townies: Koshi, Djagu, Cava, thrawn, (~Kush fwiw)

Today's lynch candidates (by PoE and cause there is some stuff I don't like): FT, Omni, OTW, OO, mderg

Also HI GUYS =D . Rejoice that you got me and not that crazy grush fac-simile
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 19:41 GMT
#519
On April 17 2014 04:39 Vivax wrote:
Current status of reads. Reasoning pending, but ask me about a specific one if you want me to explain it first:

Townies: Koshi, Djagu, Cava, thrawn, (~Kush fwiw)

Today's lynch candidates (by PoE and cause there is some stuff I don't like): FT, Omni, OTW, OO, mderg

Also HI GUYS =D . Rejoice that you got me and not that crazy grush fac-simile


Can you elaborate on these....?
Pictures speak a thousand words!
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
April 16 2014 19:43 GMT
#520
On April 17 2014 04:25 OneThousandWords wrote:
Thrawn's main contributions this game:

Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 15:52 thrawn2112 wrote:
lets lynch mderg

Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 16:20 thrawn2112 wrote:
No. He made a huge post that doesn't contribute anything. He didn't say a single thing that is relevant to the lynch. It's even worse than no scumreads, there are no reads of any kind. He argued his points without giving any indication that he was forming reads based off of the things he was arguing against.



This is his first contribution into the thread other than the non-sensical replies to longer posts earlier in his filter and it's just piggybacking off a post that I made earlier in the thread here. This is a relatively easy thing to do as mafia because:

A) It lets people appear to be contributing.

B) If worded differently but similar it enables people to pocket the other people that made the original case because they have seemingly similar reads.

C) To the people that didn't read it they are fooled into believing it is original content.

Now, on it's own I know this is not enough, however, thrawn's behaviour is not your typical town behaviour! He flits from one lynch to the next with little explanation. He practically wants to lynch half the game!

I've mentioned Mderg before.

Here he wants to lynch Kush. + Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2014 17:53 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 17:36 Koshi wrote:
I am pretty meh on Kush atm.
Very meh.


same for me. becasue of this post

Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 04:48 kushm4sta wrote:
T-5 hours until you both realize each other are town (regardless of if you are or not)



He wants to lynch ME which is somewhat of a kick in the teeth seeing as he is the one that is sheeping MY point of view on mderg. What could be the reason for this? Is he not reading what i've written? Nope. It's something about skan and nothing about the actual player that he got his read from. + Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2014 19:26 thrawn2112 wrote:
100words is probably my 2nd lynch choice. i almost voted for him instead of that other guy. what stood out to me is how his main talking point was skan's claim and how pointless it was to talk about the claim yet he did nothing but talk about the claim

koshi i'll fully read and respond to that meta when i wake up. too tired/tipsy for that right now. but i did skim one of the links and I notice that he likes to argue about stuff without thinking about alignments. so my preliminary answer to you question is yes, the meta does sorta make me uncertain about lnyching him.



He wants to policy lynch an AFK player who is talking about nonsense (Alakaslam).

He wants to also look into OE who he also says is scummy before even looking into him. This is not what I expect a typical person to do. Usually it's:

I'll look into a player ----> Here is why he is scummy.

Thrawn's view is.

This is a somewhat scummy player ----> Going to go look into him after I've already made my decision about whether he is scummy or not!


In conclusion thrawn is a person who, while talking a lot, seems to be a person of fleeting wishes. He is keen to hop onto anyone he can push a lynch onto. He hasn't "read the thread" and pushes others reads as his own. He calls the person he got his case for on his vote choice scum based on early conversation in a time where nothing was happening.



##Vote Thrawn2112

I'll address your points in order.
A) It lets people appear to be contributing.

Yes, what thrawn did was a good way to appear like he was contributing. However, everything he said in that quote was absolutely true. mderg's post was useless and served no purpose. I wouldn't hold this point against thrawn.

B) If worded differently but similar it enables people to pocket the other people that made the original case because they have seemingly similar reads.

IF? Why are you speaking in hypotheticals? It wasn't worded differently, so why are you bringing up a scenario in which it would be? This is an exercise in pointlessness.

C) To the people that didn't read it they are fooled into believing it is original content.

What does this have to do with anything? If other people didn't read it, how does it make thrawn look more guilty?

In sum, your case is awful and you look far worse for having made it.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 81 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3146
Soma 368
Rush 298
Killer 95
ToSsGirL 88
Mong 76
Shinee 53
Counter-Strike
olofmeister643
byalli626
ceh9554
shoxiejesuss522
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
summit1g6442
Happy411
dupreeh258
Sick247
crisheroes165
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1184
• Stunt424
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 15m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.