• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:54
CEST 07:54
KST 14:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9445 users

[N][M] Normal Ass Normal Game - Page 27

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 81 Next
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
April 16 2014 19:45 GMT
#521
On April 17 2014 04:41 OneThousandWords wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:39 Vivax wrote:
Current status of reads. Reasoning pending, but ask me about a specific one if you want me to explain it first:

Townies: Koshi, Djagu, Cava, thrawn, (~Kush fwiw)

Today's lynch candidates (by PoE and cause there is some stuff I don't like): FT, Omni, OTW, OO, mderg

Also HI GUYS =D . Rejoice that you got me and not that crazy grush fac-simile


Can you elaborate on these....?


Any preferences? Which ones you disagree with? Why so unspecific?
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 19:47 GMT
#522
On April 17 2014 04:43 FirmTofu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:25 OneThousandWords wrote:
Thrawn's main contributions this game:

On April 16 2014 15:52 thrawn2112 wrote:
lets lynch mderg

On April 16 2014 16:20 thrawn2112 wrote:
No. He made a huge post that doesn't contribute anything. He didn't say a single thing that is relevant to the lynch. It's even worse than no scumreads, there are no reads of any kind. He argued his points without giving any indication that he was forming reads based off of the things he was arguing against.



This is his first contribution into the thread other than the non-sensical replies to longer posts earlier in his filter and it's just piggybacking off a post that I made earlier in the thread here. This is a relatively easy thing to do as mafia because:

A) It lets people appear to be contributing.

B) If worded differently but similar it enables people to pocket the other people that made the original case because they have seemingly similar reads.

C) To the people that didn't read it they are fooled into believing it is original content.

Now, on it's own I know this is not enough, however, thrawn's behaviour is not your typical town behaviour! He flits from one lynch to the next with little explanation. He practically wants to lynch half the game!

I've mentioned Mderg before.

Here he wants to lynch Kush. + Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2014 17:53 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 17:36 Koshi wrote:
I am pretty meh on Kush atm.
Very meh.


same for me. becasue of this post

Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 04:48 kushm4sta wrote:
T-5 hours until you both realize each other are town (regardless of if you are or not)



He wants to lynch ME which is somewhat of a kick in the teeth seeing as he is the one that is sheeping MY point of view on mderg. What could be the reason for this? Is he not reading what i've written? Nope. It's something about skan and nothing about the actual player that he got his read from. + Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2014 19:26 thrawn2112 wrote:
100words is probably my 2nd lynch choice. i almost voted for him instead of that other guy. what stood out to me is how his main talking point was skan's claim and how pointless it was to talk about the claim yet he did nothing but talk about the claim

koshi i'll fully read and respond to that meta when i wake up. too tired/tipsy for that right now. but i did skim one of the links and I notice that he likes to argue about stuff without thinking about alignments. so my preliminary answer to you question is yes, the meta does sorta make me uncertain about lnyching him.



He wants to policy lynch an AFK player who is talking about nonsense (Alakaslam).

He wants to also look into OE who he also says is scummy before even looking into him. This is not what I expect a typical person to do. Usually it's:

I'll look into a player ----> Here is why he is scummy.

Thrawn's view is.

This is a somewhat scummy player ----> Going to go look into him after I've already made my decision about whether he is scummy or not!


In conclusion thrawn is a person who, while talking a lot, seems to be a person of fleeting wishes. He is keen to hop onto anyone he can push a lynch onto. He hasn't "read the thread" and pushes others reads as his own. He calls the person he got his case for on his vote choice scum based on early conversation in a time where nothing was happening.



##Vote Thrawn2112

I'll address your points in order.
A) It lets people appear to be contributing.

Yes, what thrawn did was a good way to appear like he was contributing. However, everything he said in that quote was absolutely true. mderg's post was useless and served no purpose. I wouldn't hold this point against thrawn.

B) If worded differently but similar it enables people to pocket the other people that made the original case because they have seemingly similar reads.

IF? Why are you speaking in hypotheticals? It wasn't worded differently, so why are you bringing up a scenario in which it would be? This is an exercise in pointlessness.

C) To the people that didn't read it they are fooled into believing it is original content.

What does this have to do with anything? If other people didn't read it, how does it make thrawn look more guilty?

In sum, your case is awful and you look far worse for having made it.


This post is a fruitless attempt to discredit the substance of the original post. I had already brought up mderg's post having no conclusions previously in the thread and so when someone returns to the thread after having ONLY responded with one or two word jokes before and their only contribution is something that I had already mentioned then what benefit have they brought to the table? What extra information is provided. None whatsoever. You answer points A, B and C with points that have no relevance without the context of the rest of the post.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
April 16 2014 19:49 GMT
#523
On April 17 2014 04:39 Vivax wrote:
Current status of reads. Reasoning pending, but ask me about a specific one if you want me to explain it first:

Townies: Koshi, Djagu, Cava, thrawn, (~Kush fwiw)

Today's lynch candidates (by PoE and cause there is some stuff I don't like): FT, Omni, OTW, OO, mderg

Also HI GUYS =D . Rejoice that you got me and not that crazy grush fac-simile

Good to see you Vivax. I agree with your town reads, to an extent, but you're wrong about me. Regardless, while you're hear I'd like to hear your thoughts on Omni and OTW. Why do you find them scummy? I'd like to see where we agree in this department.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
April 16 2014 19:50 GMT
#524
On April 17 2014 04:47 OneThousandWords wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:43 FirmTofu wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:25 OneThousandWords wrote:
Thrawn's main contributions this game:

On April 16 2014 15:52 thrawn2112 wrote:
lets lynch mderg

On April 16 2014 16:20 thrawn2112 wrote:
No. He made a huge post that doesn't contribute anything. He didn't say a single thing that is relevant to the lynch. It's even worse than no scumreads, there are no reads of any kind. He argued his points without giving any indication that he was forming reads based off of the things he was arguing against.



This is his first contribution into the thread other than the non-sensical replies to longer posts earlier in his filter and it's just piggybacking off a post that I made earlier in the thread here. This is a relatively easy thing to do as mafia because:

A) It lets people appear to be contributing.

B) If worded differently but similar it enables people to pocket the other people that made the original case because they have seemingly similar reads.

C) To the people that didn't read it they are fooled into believing it is original content.

Now, on it's own I know this is not enough, however, thrawn's behaviour is not your typical town behaviour! He flits from one lynch to the next with little explanation. He practically wants to lynch half the game!

I've mentioned Mderg before.

Here he wants to lynch Kush. + Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2014 17:53 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 17:36 Koshi wrote:
I am pretty meh on Kush atm.
Very meh.


same for me. becasue of this post

Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 04:48 kushm4sta wrote:
T-5 hours until you both realize each other are town (regardless of if you are or not)



He wants to lynch ME which is somewhat of a kick in the teeth seeing as he is the one that is sheeping MY point of view on mderg. What could be the reason for this? Is he not reading what i've written? Nope. It's something about skan and nothing about the actual player that he got his read from. + Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2014 19:26 thrawn2112 wrote:
100words is probably my 2nd lynch choice. i almost voted for him instead of that other guy. what stood out to me is how his main talking point was skan's claim and how pointless it was to talk about the claim yet he did nothing but talk about the claim

koshi i'll fully read and respond to that meta when i wake up. too tired/tipsy for that right now. but i did skim one of the links and I notice that he likes to argue about stuff without thinking about alignments. so my preliminary answer to you question is yes, the meta does sorta make me uncertain about lnyching him.



He wants to policy lynch an AFK player who is talking about nonsense (Alakaslam).

He wants to also look into OE who he also says is scummy before even looking into him. This is not what I expect a typical person to do. Usually it's:

I'll look into a player ----> Here is why he is scummy.

Thrawn's view is.

This is a somewhat scummy player ----> Going to go look into him after I've already made my decision about whether he is scummy or not!


In conclusion thrawn is a person who, while talking a lot, seems to be a person of fleeting wishes. He is keen to hop onto anyone he can push a lynch onto. He hasn't "read the thread" and pushes others reads as his own. He calls the person he got his case for on his vote choice scum based on early conversation in a time where nothing was happening.



##Vote Thrawn2112

I'll address your points in order.
A) It lets people appear to be contributing.

Yes, what thrawn did was a good way to appear like he was contributing. However, everything he said in that quote was absolutely true. mderg's post was useless and served no purpose. I wouldn't hold this point against thrawn.

B) If worded differently but similar it enables people to pocket the other people that made the original case because they have seemingly similar reads.

IF? Why are you speaking in hypotheticals? It wasn't worded differently, so why are you bringing up a scenario in which it would be? This is an exercise in pointlessness.

C) To the people that didn't read it they are fooled into believing it is original content.

What does this have to do with anything? If other people didn't read it, how does it make thrawn look more guilty?

In sum, your case is awful and you look far worse for having made it.


This post is a fruitless attempt to discredit the substance of the original post. I had already brought up mderg's post having no conclusions previously in the thread and so when someone returns to the thread after having ONLY responded with one or two word jokes before and their only contribution is something that I had already mentioned then what benefit have they brought to the table? What extra information is provided. None whatsoever. You answer points A, B and C with points that have no relevance without the context of the rest of the post.

There is no context of the rest of the post. I've read the entire thing and none of it makes any sense to me. Feel free to explain if you can.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 19:50 GMT
#525
On April 17 2014 04:45 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:41 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:39 Vivax wrote:
Current status of reads. Reasoning pending, but ask me about a specific one if you want me to explain it first:

Townies: Koshi, Djagu, Cava, thrawn, (~Kush fwiw)

Today's lynch candidates (by PoE and cause there is some stuff I don't like): FT, Omni, OTW, OO, mderg

Also HI GUYS =D . Rejoice that you got me and not that crazy grush fac-simile


Can you elaborate on these....?


Any preferences? Which ones you disagree with? Why so unspecific?


Why do I have to be specific? You replaced a player who has said nothing but spam in the thread so I'd like to know why you think what you do so I can see if what you think aligns with what has happened so far, rather than it being a random list of names with no factual basis.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
April 16 2014 19:50 GMT
#526
On April 17 2014 04:49 FirmTofu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:39 Vivax wrote:
Current status of reads. Reasoning pending, but ask me about a specific one if you want me to explain it first:

Townies: Koshi, Djagu, Cava, thrawn, (~Kush fwiw)

Today's lynch candidates (by PoE and cause there is some stuff I don't like): FT, Omni, OTW, OO, mderg

Also HI GUYS =D . Rejoice that you got me and not that crazy grush fac-simile

Good to see you Vivax. I agree with your town reads, to an extent, but you're wrong about me. Regardless, while you're hear I'd like to hear your thoughts on Omni and OTW. Why do you find them scummy? I'd like to see where we agree in this department.

EBWOP: while you're here*
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
April 16 2014 19:52 GMT
#527
On April 17 2014 04:50 OneThousandWords wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:45 Vivax wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:41 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:39 Vivax wrote:
Current status of reads. Reasoning pending, but ask me about a specific one if you want me to explain it first:

Townies: Koshi, Djagu, Cava, thrawn, (~Kush fwiw)

Today's lynch candidates (by PoE and cause there is some stuff I don't like): FT, Omni, OTW, OO, mderg

Also HI GUYS =D . Rejoice that you got me and not that crazy grush fac-simile


Can you elaborate on these....?


Any preferences? Which ones you disagree with? Why so unspecific?


Why do I have to be specific? You replaced a player who has said nothing but spam in the thread so I'd like to know why you think what you do so I can see if what you think aligns with what has happened so far, rather than it being a random list of names with no factual basis.

Why so defensive OTW? He just asked you to pick one or two people for him to elaborate on.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
April 16 2014 19:53 GMT
#528
Thrawn if you're here I still got one thing bugging me about you and it's this I would like you to explain:

On April 16 2014 15:49 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 06:09 FirmTofu wrote:
Djagulingu is fairly unimpressive. His activity is commendable, but altogether useless. Most of his posts are one-liners that seek to aggravate or provoke. I see a lot of unsubstantiated accusations in his filter. He's running around trying to piss everyone off all at once without any attempt at substantive discussion. His focus on his own meta is especially interesting and reflective of an egotistical personality. For that reason, I believe his aggressive behavior in thread so far is due to a heightened sense of superiority rather than something alignment-indicative. That is to say, he'd be acting like a douche whether he was mafia or town.



lmao


On April 16 2014 15:52 thrawn2112 wrote:
lets lynch mderg


You clearly find that post "funny", I suppose cause it's so inconclusive and achieves absolutely nothing saying a lot of stuff which is my opinion about it, why not dig for more and go straight only for mderg?
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 19:54 GMT
#529
On April 17 2014 04:50 FirmTofu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:47 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:43 FirmTofu wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:25 OneThousandWords wrote:
Thrawn's main contributions this game:

On April 16 2014 15:52 thrawn2112 wrote:
lets lynch mderg

On April 16 2014 16:20 thrawn2112 wrote:
No. He made a huge post that doesn't contribute anything. He didn't say a single thing that is relevant to the lynch. It's even worse than no scumreads, there are no reads of any kind. He argued his points without giving any indication that he was forming reads based off of the things he was arguing against.



This is his first contribution into the thread other than the non-sensical replies to longer posts earlier in his filter and it's just piggybacking off a post that I made earlier in the thread here. This is a relatively easy thing to do as mafia because:

A) It lets people appear to be contributing.

B) If worded differently but similar it enables people to pocket the other people that made the original case because they have seemingly similar reads.

C) To the people that didn't read it they are fooled into believing it is original content.

Now, on it's own I know this is not enough, however, thrawn's behaviour is not your typical town behaviour! He flits from one lynch to the next with little explanation. He practically wants to lynch half the game!

I've mentioned Mderg before.

Here he wants to lynch Kush. + Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2014 17:53 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 17:36 Koshi wrote:
I am pretty meh on Kush atm.
Very meh.


same for me. becasue of this post

Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 04:48 kushm4sta wrote:
T-5 hours until you both realize each other are town (regardless of if you are or not)



He wants to lynch ME which is somewhat of a kick in the teeth seeing as he is the one that is sheeping MY point of view on mderg. What could be the reason for this? Is he not reading what i've written? Nope. It's something about skan and nothing about the actual player that he got his read from. + Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2014 19:26 thrawn2112 wrote:
100words is probably my 2nd lynch choice. i almost voted for him instead of that other guy. what stood out to me is how his main talking point was skan's claim and how pointless it was to talk about the claim yet he did nothing but talk about the claim

koshi i'll fully read and respond to that meta when i wake up. too tired/tipsy for that right now. but i did skim one of the links and I notice that he likes to argue about stuff without thinking about alignments. so my preliminary answer to you question is yes, the meta does sorta make me uncertain about lnyching him.



He wants to policy lynch an AFK player who is talking about nonsense (Alakaslam).

He wants to also look into OE who he also says is scummy before even looking into him. This is not what I expect a typical person to do. Usually it's:

I'll look into a player ----> Here is why he is scummy.

Thrawn's view is.

This is a somewhat scummy player ----> Going to go look into him after I've already made my decision about whether he is scummy or not!


In conclusion thrawn is a person who, while talking a lot, seems to be a person of fleeting wishes. He is keen to hop onto anyone he can push a lynch onto. He hasn't "read the thread" and pushes others reads as his own. He calls the person he got his case for on his vote choice scum based on early conversation in a time where nothing was happening.



##Vote Thrawn2112

I'll address your points in order.
A) It lets people appear to be contributing.

Yes, what thrawn did was a good way to appear like he was contributing. However, everything he said in that quote was absolutely true. mderg's post was useless and served no purpose. I wouldn't hold this point against thrawn.

B) If worded differently but similar it enables people to pocket the other people that made the original case because they have seemingly similar reads.

IF? Why are you speaking in hypotheticals? It wasn't worded differently, so why are you bringing up a scenario in which it would be? This is an exercise in pointlessness.

C) To the people that didn't read it they are fooled into believing it is original content.

What does this have to do with anything? If other people didn't read it, how does it make thrawn look more guilty?

In sum, your case is awful and you look far worse for having made it.


This post is a fruitless attempt to discredit the substance of the original post. I had already brought up mderg's post having no conclusions previously in the thread and so when someone returns to the thread after having ONLY responded with one or two word jokes before and their only contribution is something that I had already mentioned then what benefit have they brought to the table? What extra information is provided. None whatsoever. You answer points A, B and C with points that have no relevance without the context of the rest of the post.

There is no context of the rest of the post. I've read the entire thing and none of it makes any sense to me. Feel free to explain if you can.

A mafia's objective is to blend into town and the best way to do that is contribute. When you are mafia it is harder to contribute because psychologically you know all the alignments and it becomes harder to point out things that are scummy. That is why it is a standard mafia tactic to mimic what other people have said previously in the thread. This feigns contribution and makes themselves look good because people seemingly forget what other people had said previously.

Thrawn does this with me and mderg. I write about mderg's first post having no conclusions and he mimics it but the caveat is that he calls me scum without actually referencing my contributions, in fact, he ignores them entirely.

Furthermore, everytime someone knew is brought up he calls them scummy eving going so far as to call someone scummy before reading them!
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 19:55 GMT
#530
On April 17 2014 04:52 FirmTofu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:50 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:45 Vivax wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:41 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:39 Vivax wrote:
Current status of reads. Reasoning pending, but ask me about a specific one if you want me to explain it first:

Townies: Koshi, Djagu, Cava, thrawn, (~Kush fwiw)

Today's lynch candidates (by PoE and cause there is some stuff I don't like): FT, Omni, OTW, OO, mderg

Also HI GUYS =D . Rejoice that you got me and not that crazy grush fac-simile


Can you elaborate on these....?


Any preferences? Which ones you disagree with? Why so unspecific?


Why do I have to be specific? You replaced a player who has said nothing but spam in the thread so I'd like to know why you think what you do so I can see if what you think aligns with what has happened so far, rather than it being a random list of names with no factual basis.

Why so defensive OTW? He just asked you to pick one or two people for him to elaborate on.


I hardly see the defensive nature in that post? In fact it's quite the opposite?
Pictures speak a thousand words!
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
April 16 2014 19:55 GMT
#531
On April 17 2014 04:54 OneThousandWords wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:50 FirmTofu wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:47 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:43 FirmTofu wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:25 OneThousandWords wrote:
Thrawn's main contributions this game:

On April 16 2014 15:52 thrawn2112 wrote:
lets lynch mderg

On April 16 2014 16:20 thrawn2112 wrote:
No. He made a huge post that doesn't contribute anything. He didn't say a single thing that is relevant to the lynch. It's even worse than no scumreads, there are no reads of any kind. He argued his points without giving any indication that he was forming reads based off of the things he was arguing against.



This is his first contribution into the thread other than the non-sensical replies to longer posts earlier in his filter and it's just piggybacking off a post that I made earlier in the thread here. This is a relatively easy thing to do as mafia because:

A) It lets people appear to be contributing.

B) If worded differently but similar it enables people to pocket the other people that made the original case because they have seemingly similar reads.

C) To the people that didn't read it they are fooled into believing it is original content.

Now, on it's own I know this is not enough, however, thrawn's behaviour is not your typical town behaviour! He flits from one lynch to the next with little explanation. He practically wants to lynch half the game!

I've mentioned Mderg before.

Here he wants to lynch Kush. + Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2014 17:53 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 17:36 Koshi wrote:
I am pretty meh on Kush atm.
Very meh.


same for me. becasue of this post

Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 04:48 kushm4sta wrote:
T-5 hours until you both realize each other are town (regardless of if you are or not)



He wants to lynch ME which is somewhat of a kick in the teeth seeing as he is the one that is sheeping MY point of view on mderg. What could be the reason for this? Is he not reading what i've written? Nope. It's something about skan and nothing about the actual player that he got his read from. + Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2014 19:26 thrawn2112 wrote:
100words is probably my 2nd lynch choice. i almost voted for him instead of that other guy. what stood out to me is how his main talking point was skan's claim and how pointless it was to talk about the claim yet he did nothing but talk about the claim

koshi i'll fully read and respond to that meta when i wake up. too tired/tipsy for that right now. but i did skim one of the links and I notice that he likes to argue about stuff without thinking about alignments. so my preliminary answer to you question is yes, the meta does sorta make me uncertain about lnyching him.



He wants to policy lynch an AFK player who is talking about nonsense (Alakaslam).

He wants to also look into OE who he also says is scummy before even looking into him. This is not what I expect a typical person to do. Usually it's:

I'll look into a player ----> Here is why he is scummy.

Thrawn's view is.

This is a somewhat scummy player ----> Going to go look into him after I've already made my decision about whether he is scummy or not!


In conclusion thrawn is a person who, while talking a lot, seems to be a person of fleeting wishes. He is keen to hop onto anyone he can push a lynch onto. He hasn't "read the thread" and pushes others reads as his own. He calls the person he got his case for on his vote choice scum based on early conversation in a time where nothing was happening.



##Vote Thrawn2112

I'll address your points in order.
A) It lets people appear to be contributing.

Yes, what thrawn did was a good way to appear like he was contributing. However, everything he said in that quote was absolutely true. mderg's post was useless and served no purpose. I wouldn't hold this point against thrawn.

B) If worded differently but similar it enables people to pocket the other people that made the original case because they have seemingly similar reads.

IF? Why are you speaking in hypotheticals? It wasn't worded differently, so why are you bringing up a scenario in which it would be? This is an exercise in pointlessness.

C) To the people that didn't read it they are fooled into believing it is original content.

What does this have to do with anything? If other people didn't read it, how does it make thrawn look more guilty?

In sum, your case is awful and you look far worse for having made it.


This post is a fruitless attempt to discredit the substance of the original post. I had already brought up mderg's post having no conclusions previously in the thread and so when someone returns to the thread after having ONLY responded with one or two word jokes before and their only contribution is something that I had already mentioned then what benefit have they brought to the table? What extra information is provided. None whatsoever. You answer points A, B and C with points that have no relevance without the context of the rest of the post.

There is no context of the rest of the post. I've read the entire thing and none of it makes any sense to me. Feel free to explain if you can.

A mafia's objective is to blend into town and the best way to do that is contribute. When you are mafia it is harder to contribute because psychologically you know all the alignments and it becomes harder to point out things that are scummy. That is why it is a standard mafia tactic to mimic what other people have said previously in the thread. This feigns contribution and makes themselves look good because people seemingly forget what other people had said previously.

Thrawn does this with me and mderg. I write about mderg's first post having no conclusions and he mimics it but the caveat is that he calls me scum without actually referencing my contributions, in fact, he ignores them entirely.

Furthermore, everytime someone knew is brought up he calls them scummy eving going so far as to call someone scummy before reading them!

hmm, alright. I'll look into that real quick and get back to you.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
April 16 2014 19:55 GMT
#532
On April 17 2014 04:50 OneThousandWords wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:45 Vivax wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:41 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:39 Vivax wrote:
Current status of reads. Reasoning pending, but ask me about a specific one if you want me to explain it first:

Townies: Koshi, Djagu, Cava, thrawn, (~Kush fwiw)

Today's lynch candidates (by PoE and cause there is some stuff I don't like): FT, Omni, OTW, OO, mderg

Also HI GUYS =D . Rejoice that you got me and not that crazy grush fac-simile


Can you elaborate on these....?


Any preferences? Which ones you disagree with? Why so unspecific?


Why do I have to be specific? You replaced a player who has said nothing but spam in the thread so I'd like to know why you think what you do so I can see if what you think aligns with what has happened so far, rather than it being a random list of names with no factual basis.


Yeah but you got to have scumreads, right? Townreads? You see the post with my current conclusions about the game and prefer to see me talking about anything I want rather than adjusting your request to your own preferences. Why is that?
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 16 2014 19:57 GMT
#533
Kush giving me the town boner as of his return this second half.

Thank fuck we have a replacement, hello vivax please explain why I am on your POE or what you didn't like about me.

mderg's main, perhaps only, focus is a vig claim / scumminess of claiming a near-verifable role D1? That's... concerning, he's getting my vote for now. No reason to be pushing to lynch blue claims unless there's a cc. He's even sticking with it despite talking to others and defending his position which, with a tiny bit of critical thought should be an intractable one.

##vote: mderg

@FT: Koshi reads town to me only because he's all over the place and active. I'm more familiar with his "go forth and do work for me" town-meta that I think he uses in themed games but I'm not as aware of his regular town-game meta. My distant memory from back when Titanic 1 was a thing was that his scum game was pretty focused, but I'm bad with the memory thing sometimes so if you have something contradictory that would be useful today I'd like to see that.
On April 17 2014 04:32 FirmTofu wrote:
I don't like Koshi's insistence on pushing kush. Kush has a decent past few pages and his pressure of Cavalinho seems genuine.

Although Kush brings up some good points on Cavalinho, I'm not entirely convinced. Cavalinho looks like he doesn't understand that people sometimes give out null reads in order to promote discussion on a player. Fundamentally, he doesn't understand the purpose of my post: to explain to Koshi why Dja was not the appropriate use of our time in the thread.

@kush+Koshi Tell me what you think of OmniEulogy so far. I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 16 2014 19:57 GMT
#534
I'll look at OTW after I get some coffee.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 19:59 GMT
#535
On April 17 2014 04:55 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:50 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:45 Vivax wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:41 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:39 Vivax wrote:
Current status of reads. Reasoning pending, but ask me about a specific one if you want me to explain it first:

Townies: Koshi, Djagu, Cava, thrawn, (~Kush fwiw)

Today's lynch candidates (by PoE and cause there is some stuff I don't like): FT, Omni, OTW, OO, mderg

Also HI GUYS =D . Rejoice that you got me and not that crazy grush fac-simile


Can you elaborate on these....?


Any preferences? Which ones you disagree with? Why so unspecific?


Why do I have to be specific? You replaced a player who has said nothing but spam in the thread so I'd like to know why you think what you do so I can see if what you think aligns with what has happened so far, rather than it being a random list of names with no factual basis.


Yeah but you got to have scumreads, right? Townreads? You see the post with my current conclusions about the game and prefer to see me talking about anything I want rather than adjusting your request to your own preferences. Why is that?


because they don't align with mine (and i've made it clear in the thread why) and I want to know the specific reasoning, even if just a short sentence or two on each as to why you think differently to me!
Pictures speak a thousand words!
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
April 16 2014 20:03 GMT
#536
VOTE COUNT:


Alakaslam (0): thrawn2112

OmniEulogy (0): Djagulingu, Koshi

Djagulingu (0): OmniEulogy

mderg (2): thrawn2112, Djagulingu, Skanjab1s, Koshi, ObviousOne

kushm4sta (3): Skanjab1s, thrawn2112, Koshi

thrawn2112 (2): OmniEulogy, OneThousandWords

OneThousandWords (0): Koshi

Cavalinho (1): kushm4sta


Not Voting (4): Alakaslam, Cavalinho, mderg, FirmTofu

Lynch is in . Voting is mandatory.

Currently kushm4sta is set to be lynched!

If you see your vote (or anyone else') out of place please inform me or someone else on the hosting team so that we can correct it.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
April 16 2014 20:04 GMT
#537
@OTW
Okay, so thrawn is repeating a lot of things previously stated in thread. This is a valid point. However, I don't see this as necessarily scummy. Town players repeat points too and this is a perfectly valid one to reiterate. You'll need better points to convince me thrawn is scum.

Also, your recent responses to Vivax and I are not helping your case.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 16 2014 20:05 GMT
#538
On April 17 2014 04:39 Vivax wrote:
Current status of reads. Reasoning pending, but ask me about a specific one if you want me to explain it first:

Townies: Koshi, Djagu, Cava, thrawn, (~Kush fwiw)

Today's lynch candidates (by PoE and cause there is some stuff I don't like): FT, Omni, OTW, OO, mderg

Also HI GUYS =D . Rejoice that you got me and not that crazy grush fac-simile

I´d like to know the reasoning for Cav, thrawn and OTW. To me Cav is null, thrawn is slightly scummy and OTW seems like town.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
April 16 2014 20:06 GMT
#539
Leaving my vote here. I'll be gone for a while.
##vote: OneThousandWords
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 20:06 GMT
#540
On April 17 2014 05:04 FirmTofu wrote:
@OTW
Okay, so thrawn is repeating a lot of things previously stated in thread. This is a valid point. However, I don't see this as necessarily scummy. Town players repeat points too and this is a perfectly valid one to reiterate. You'll need better points to convince me thrawn is scum.

Also, your recent responses to Vivax and I are not helping your case.


I don't mind whatever case it helps me with. It's an exercise in if he has read the thread or not. It's quite evident that I don't agree with thrawn (i've spent the past page explaining it) and I'm not tooo sure on Dja either. Which is why it's odd that he has a list like that and I don't like that it's unsubstantiated.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 81 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 310
Mind 67
Bale 34
sorry 31
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
JimRising 693
Other Games
summit1g7496
Coldzera 717
WinterStarcraft639
C9.Mang0303
Sick126
febbydoto11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
BasetradeTV198
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2150
League of Legends
• Rush1319
Other Games
• Shiphtur607
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 6m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 6m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.