• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:50
CEST 19:50
KST 02:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6570 users

Catastrophe Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-22 15:30:01
April 22 2014 15:29 GMT
#6218
On April 23 2014 00:17 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2014 00:13 syllogism wrote:
We considered having Oats kill WoS on the night he was supposed to use the invention. That, too, would have likely won us the game, but at the time it seemed a bit too brazen to have both inventions simultaneously go missing.

How so?
Oats killing me would have been a scumclaim either way I think, and it's not like BH being alive for the short time he was actually influenced anything at all (aside from forcing LSB to use his 'wish)

Edit: A funny thing to consider is if I hadn't been so hell-bent on getting BH vigged town would have been in a much better position (assuming BH actually was going to play/use his role) throughout the game as well.

Oats would have gotten the invention and we would have resurrected someone. Surely town would realize that something is up when mafia steals both inventions in one cycle? Right?
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 22 2014 15:33 GMT
#6220
We didn't actually know that. I think hosts shouldn't allow town to make such built-in anti-mafia mechanics into their inventions. Just getting hands on the invention is extremely difficult.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 22 2014 15:34 GMT
#6223
I was checked because I voted Tehpoofter. He could either check a person who voted for him or choose to check anyone, but that would raise chaos counter by 1.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 22 2014 15:36 GMT
#6226
On April 23 2014 00:34 Crossfire99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2014 00:29 syllogism wrote:
On April 23 2014 00:17 WaveofShadow wrote:
On April 23 2014 00:13 syllogism wrote:
We considered having Oats kill WoS on the night he was supposed to use the invention. That, too, would have likely won us the game, but at the time it seemed a bit too brazen to have both inventions simultaneously go missing.

How so?
Oats killing me would have been a scumclaim either way I think, and it's not like BH being alive for the short time he was actually influenced anything at all (aside from forcing LSB to use his 'wish)

Edit: A funny thing to consider is if I hadn't been so hell-bent on getting BH vigged town would have been in a much better position (assuming BH actually was going to play/use his role) throughout the game as well.

Oats would have gotten the invention and we would have resurrected someone. Surely town would realize that something is up when mafia steals both inventions in one cycle? Right?

The invention could only resurrect the first person alphabetically, hence BH was guaranteed to be resurrected. You could have asked LSB to change that restriction though. As for town realizing about something being up; if oats did exactly the same thing he did (trapping WoS) but did it a few hours earlier, I doubt people would have seriously suspected (probably will still be suspicions) because assuming if everything was the same, people would have seen oats flip and seen that he was telling the truth. Yeah extra suspicion would have been put on people in the circle, but that probably would have been better because you could have used LSB's favor to get another scum back in the game.

It's completely different to do it after the invention has been used, but I suppose I'm giving town too much credit.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 22 2014 15:39 GMT
#6228
That's not comparable at all, a non sequitur at best.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-22 15:42:12
April 22 2014 15:41 GMT
#6230
On April 23 2014 00:40 Crossfire99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2014 00:36 syllogism wrote:
On April 23 2014 00:34 Crossfire99 wrote:
On April 23 2014 00:29 syllogism wrote:
On April 23 2014 00:17 WaveofShadow wrote:
On April 23 2014 00:13 syllogism wrote:
We considered having Oats kill WoS on the night he was supposed to use the invention. That, too, would have likely won us the game, but at the time it seemed a bit too brazen to have both inventions simultaneously go missing.

How so?
Oats killing me would have been a scumclaim either way I think, and it's not like BH being alive for the short time he was actually influenced anything at all (aside from forcing LSB to use his 'wish)

Edit: A funny thing to consider is if I hadn't been so hell-bent on getting BH vigged town would have been in a much better position (assuming BH actually was going to play/use his role) throughout the game as well.

Oats would have gotten the invention and we would have resurrected someone. Surely town would realize that something is up when mafia steals both inventions in one cycle? Right?

The invention could only resurrect the first person alphabetically, hence BH was guaranteed to be resurrected. You could have asked LSB to change that restriction though. As for town realizing about something being up; if oats did exactly the same thing he did (trapping WoS) but did it a few hours earlier, I doubt people would have seriously suspected (probably will still be suspicions) because assuming if everything was the same, people would have seen oats flip and seen that he was telling the truth. Yeah extra suspicion would have been put on people in the circle, but that probably would have been better because you could have used LSB's favor to get another scum back in the game.

It's completely different to do it after the invention has been used, but I suppose I'm giving town too much credit.

Not sure what you're saying here, but all I was getting at was that if Oats trapped WoS a few hours earlier, he kills him the night he uses the item, but he steals it before he uses it.

What I'm saying is that killing him afterwards doesn't make Sandro look suspicious, while killing him before does

(not that we wanted Oats to kill WoS at all, definitely not when he did)
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-22 15:59:31
April 22 2014 15:55 GMT
#6236
On April 23 2014 00:48 Amiko wrote:
Just wondering syllo, why did you want to fakeclaim me visiting kita? I just figured you would gain more by mislynching someone who was likely town over 3p.

I thought it would be easier to get a third party lynched (initially I thought you were lying about some aspects of your role and possibly couldn't win with mafia). Sandro was bussing me already over PMs and I thought I couldn't survive a PM day without insane effort or a claim like that. I didn't want to fake claim to anyone else as coming up with a reasonable fake claim takes effort. "Claiming" to Sandro on the other hand took no effort and possibly gave Sandro some town cred. Another issue was that I could only use my nuke within the first 24 hours of the day, so I had to know by that point whether I'm likely to get lynched or not.

I initially wanted to utilize Oat's role for my claim. That is, claim a third party who has to kill Gandalf to win, but we went with the tracker idea instead.

e: also my decision to track the person I claimed having tracked had to make sense. I could only choose either a suspicious looking townie (who might get mislynched later anyway) or a third party. In addition, the townie role claiming could have convinced town that I was lying.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-22 17:10:57
April 22 2014 17:09 GMT
#6246
On April 23 2014 01:30 Amiko wrote:
Thanks for explaining syllogism
Also I was sad reading the scum QT that you didn't pass on the 'pumpkin pie' password (this was supposed we coordinated in PM to be something scum could use to verify that they were scum if they wanted to joint win)... I made myself search for it on every page to make sure I didn't miss a signal.

@VE: I was just wondering did you think any of the other horses were not town? (from your PM I mean it sounded like they weren't scum, so could potentially be 3p)

Essentially all my communications with Sandro were on skype, not on the QT. I didn't pass it on to anyone else since I didn't think anyone else could survive long enough for that to matter. I wish I had made the password a bit more subtle so Sandro could have hinted you that he is mafia earlier, although I'm not sure how you would have reacted to that.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-22 20:51:58
April 22 2014 20:49 GMT
#6274
On April 23 2014 05:46 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2014 00:33 syllogism wrote:
We didn't actually know that. I think hosts shouldn't allow town to make such built-in anti-mafia mechanics into their inventions. Just getting hands on the invention is extremely difficult.

Well, it's not as if prince of darkness has any use for town. You got one invention each. Under other circumstances it's quite possible neither of the inventions would've been allowed, but as it is, we allowed them both.

Town had 3 potential inventors though and the odds of mafia ever inventing anything in this setup were dismal. Unless mafia gets really lucky with n1 kills, there are going to be several almost confirmed townies on d2 and town could have just let those players assemble the invention. I'm not sure if I agree with the notion of allowing or disallowing inventions based on what is going on in the game.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 22 2014 21:10 GMT
#6280
I wasn't complaining about overpowered roles, just making the point that it seems unfair to say that mafia and town both got to make an invention that was near useless to the other faction. For mafia to make an invention the town had to make pretty crucial mistakes. Furthermore, the mafia inventor has to deal with suspicion arising from the fact town didn't for whatever reason get to benefit from it (it got lost, I swear!), while the town inventor gets town cred.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-22 21:21:57
April 22 2014 21:21 GMT
#6282
I think VE's role was good, but I don't like the implications it has on the rest of the horses when he flips. That's usually the problem with these "one mafia in a QT" situations though.
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM679
TKL 343
TaKeTV 228
IndyStarCraft 190
BRAT_OK 108
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 753
TKL 322
IndyStarCraft 190
MaxPax 162
ProTech138
BRAT_OK 110
UpATreeSC 86
MindelVK 19
EmSc Tv 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 909
EffOrt 561
Mini 529
ggaemo 177
firebathero 150
White-Ra 69
Barracks 57
910 50
Hyun 50
Shinee 45
[ Show more ]
Shine 35
Bale 26
Killer 25
Trap 22
ToSsGirL 18
soO 15
yabsab 12
Dota 2
qojqva4036
Counter-Strike
Fnx 746
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4734
crisheroes1339
Liquid`Hasu1144
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2558
singsing1670
B2W.Neo840
ceh9656
Beastyqt598
ArmadaUGS141
C9.Mang0116
Dewaltoss46
Trikslyr44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream470
Other Games
BasetradeTV171
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile115
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2447
• TFBlade824
Other Games
• Shiphtur266
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 10m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.