• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:39
CEST 12:39
KST 19:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10277 users

II Titanic Mini Mafia - Page 59

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 184 Next
purpletrator
Profile Joined September 2013
Vanuatu64 Posts
December 11 2013 17:26 GMT
#1161
On December 12 2013 02:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
purpletrator why do you ask specifically Cora about my townplay? You very well know about people on this forum and you also very well know Cora has only played with me in games where i have played absolute shit (Titanic & BttB). So, why are you asking about my townplay from a person who is most likely to misrepresent it?

I edited that quote, heres the full one:
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 10 2013 13:08 purpletrator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2013 13:02 Corazon wrote:
@Plutarch:

Jumping around your vote can be a town thing if you are justifying your votes and your reads, but Xatalos is just jumping around and harping on people for nothing and with no purpose other than to look like he is scum hunting.

Case in point:
On December 10 2013 08:19 Xatalos wrote:
On December 10 2013 07:20 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 10 2013 07:18 Alakaslam wrote:
On December 10 2013 07:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 10 2013 06:44 purpletrator wrote:
On December 10 2013 06:43 LSB wrote:
##Vote: purpletrator
Scum are mafia pretending to be someone else.
Smurfs are players pretending to be someone else.
Smurfs = Mafia.
Flawless mafia. Lynch all Smurfs

You could at least start in alphabetical order. What if I reveal my identity? Would you change your vote to a different smurf?

Worst post in thread.
##Vote: purpletrator

Kusplain?

Hello sir, I promise not to get mad at you this game

If purpletrator can reasonably explain what he is going to achieve with that post i'm going to unvote.
Now i gotta sleep! cya tomorrow.

Please don't be useless Alakaslam ok?


By the way... rayn, what are you doing? I thought you were going to be one of the most contributive players here. I hope it'll get better from here... Otherwise you're probably scum.

What is the point of this post? Does he think Rayn is scummy because he sleeps? There's no purpose to this post. It's not scum hunting. It's calling out Rayn for sleeping. How does this help us find scum?

Also, there is the point that townies believe in their reads and scum don't. If Xatalos believed I was scum, wouldn't he continue to pressure me and push for my lynch? Why does he insist on attacking kush for being kush and attacking Rayn for sleeping? Do you see any purpose to these posts? Is Xatalos trying to find a lynch? In my opinion, he isn't and that's why I voted for him.

Cora, do you know rayn's townplay? If so, how would you characterize it?


He accused Xata of going after you for sleeping. Thats not why Xata went after you imo. Cora is seeing something that isnt there and I want to know if he has any inclination as to what your usual mode of operation is. I think he's pursuing a target out of OMGUS instead of content and is seeing red because he's hyped up on rage. I was trying to talk him down to get a more objective view of Xata's intentions without explicitly telling him what Xata was doing.
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
December 11 2013 17:26 GMT
#1162
Or at least juggle both?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
December 11 2013 17:27 GMT
#1163
On December 12 2013 02:14 VayneAuthority wrote:
I have one goal today and one goal only. If you think I would help town get rid of alakaslam as scum I can't help you.
Is there that much of a difference between him making shitposts so he can't be read and you refusing to play or give your thoughts on anyone?

You're being just as useless.
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 17:28 GMT
#1164
On December 12 2013 02:27 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 02:14 VayneAuthority wrote:
I have one goal today and one goal only. If you think I would help town get rid of alakaslam as scum I can't help you.
Is there that much of a difference between him making shitposts so he can't be read and you refusing to play or give your thoughts on anyone?

You're being just as useless.


then policy lynch me.
I come in for the scraps
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 11 2013 17:29 GMT
#1165
On December 12 2013 02:26 purpletrator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 02:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
purpletrator why do you ask specifically Cora about my townplay? You very well know about people on this forum and you also very well know Cora has only played with me in games where i have played absolute shit (Titanic & BttB). So, why are you asking about my townplay from a person who is most likely to misrepresent it?

I edited that quote, heres the full one:
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 10 2013 13:08 purpletrator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2013 13:02 Corazon wrote:
@Plutarch:

Jumping around your vote can be a town thing if you are justifying your votes and your reads, but Xatalos is just jumping around and harping on people for nothing and with no purpose other than to look like he is scum hunting.

Case in point:
On December 10 2013 08:19 Xatalos wrote:
On December 10 2013 07:20 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 10 2013 07:18 Alakaslam wrote:
On December 10 2013 07:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 10 2013 06:44 purpletrator wrote:
On December 10 2013 06:43 LSB wrote:
##Vote: purpletrator
Scum are mafia pretending to be someone else.
Smurfs are players pretending to be someone else.
Smurfs = Mafia.
Flawless mafia. Lynch all Smurfs

You could at least start in alphabetical order. What if I reveal my identity? Would you change your vote to a different smurf?

Worst post in thread.
##Vote: purpletrator

Kusplain?

Hello sir, I promise not to get mad at you this game

If purpletrator can reasonably explain what he is going to achieve with that post i'm going to unvote.
Now i gotta sleep! cya tomorrow.

Please don't be useless Alakaslam ok?


By the way... rayn, what are you doing? I thought you were going to be one of the most contributive players here. I hope it'll get better from here... Otherwise you're probably scum.

What is the point of this post? Does he think Rayn is scummy because he sleeps? There's no purpose to this post. It's not scum hunting. It's calling out Rayn for sleeping. How does this help us find scum?

Also, there is the point that townies believe in their reads and scum don't. If Xatalos believed I was scum, wouldn't he continue to pressure me and push for my lynch? Why does he insist on attacking kush for being kush and attacking Rayn for sleeping? Do you see any purpose to these posts? Is Xatalos trying to find a lynch? In my opinion, he isn't and that's why I voted for him.

Cora, do you know rayn's townplay? If so, how would you characterize it?


He accused Xata of going after you for sleeping. Thats not why Xata went after you imo. Cora is seeing something that isnt there and I want to know if he has any inclination as to what your usual mode of operation is. I think he's pursuing a target out of OMGUS instead of content and is seeing red because he's hyped up on rage. I was trying to talk him down to get a more objective view of Xata's intentions without explicitly telling him what Xata was doing.

What Corazon says about Xatalos there is completely reasonable. It is as much reaction hunting (if you want to call it that) than what Xatalos did.
table for two on a tv tray
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 17:29 GMT
#1166
On December 12 2013 02:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 02:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:14 VayneAuthority wrote:
I have one goal today and one goal only. If you think I would help town get rid of alakaslam as scum I can't help you.

That's actually quite an interesting comment Vayne.
What you very well know is that even if Slam doesn't get lynched he will most likely get shot on N1. Why would you not help get rid of him as scum, regardless of his alignment?


On December 11 2013 13:10 VayneAuthority wrote:
Considering the decent resistance in this game at the day 1 stage I would say there is actually a decent chance for him to flip scum combined with the points I have already made. There is quite a group of people that have pretty much ignored him altogether, which is what I usually do. I would like a better reason on why we shouldn't lynch him besides "lol vigi" because we all know nobody uses their vig shots like that; they always end up being hero vig shots.


I've already pretty much answered all of this

In this game the thread sentiment actually suggests vigi's WILL shoot useless people. Let's consider a scenario where you are scum.

If Slam is scum you:
1) can reasonably assume a vigi will shoot him on N1 anyways so
2) when you lynch him instead you gain towncredit
3) even if you don't succeed, you gain town credit when he flips red
4) you don't need to contribute anything useful

If Slam is town you:
1) can't be held responsible for anything scummy because it's a pro-town thing to suggest a policy lynch on him anyways
2) you don't need to contribute anything useful

So, why again is it unreasonable to assume you would vouch for his lynch as mafia?


because I would never, ever help town get rid of somebody so detrimental to town. He adds another scumplayer to my team, why would I want to get rid of him ever? I could just sheep you on spag or something dumb like that. I know exactly what it looks like.
I come in for the scraps
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
December 11 2013 17:30 GMT
#1167
This is the wrong time to call out a lurker. By calling him out this late you ensure he gives no info if he is lynched. You should have done this 24 hours ago.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 11 2013 17:31 GMT
#1168
On December 12 2013 02:29 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 02:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:14 VayneAuthority wrote:
I have one goal today and one goal only. If you think I would help town get rid of alakaslam as scum I can't help you.

That's actually quite an interesting comment Vayne.
What you very well know is that even if Slam doesn't get lynched he will most likely get shot on N1. Why would you not help get rid of him as scum, regardless of his alignment?


On December 11 2013 13:10 VayneAuthority wrote:
Considering the decent resistance in this game at the day 1 stage I would say there is actually a decent chance for him to flip scum combined with the points I have already made. There is quite a group of people that have pretty much ignored him altogether, which is what I usually do. I would like a better reason on why we shouldn't lynch him besides "lol vigi" because we all know nobody uses their vig shots like that; they always end up being hero vig shots.


I've already pretty much answered all of this

In this game the thread sentiment actually suggests vigi's WILL shoot useless people. Let's consider a scenario where you are scum.

If Slam is scum you:
1) can reasonably assume a vigi will shoot him on N1 anyways so
2) when you lynch him instead you gain towncredit
3) even if you don't succeed, you gain town credit when he flips red
4) you don't need to contribute anything useful

If Slam is town you:
1) can't be held responsible for anything scummy because it's a pro-town thing to suggest a policy lynch on him anyways
2) you don't need to contribute anything useful

So, why again is it unreasonable to assume you would vouch for his lynch as mafia?


because I would never, ever help town get rid of somebody so detrimental to town. He adds another scumplayer to my team, why would I want to get rid of him ever? I could just sheep you on spag or something dumb like that. I know exactly what it looks like.

Fair enough, just wanted to be sure what you meant.
Are you suggesting Spaghetticus is town?
table for two on a tv tray
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 17:33 GMT
#1169
On December 12 2013 02:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 02:29 VayneAuthority wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:14 VayneAuthority wrote:
I have one goal today and one goal only. If you think I would help town get rid of alakaslam as scum I can't help you.

That's actually quite an interesting comment Vayne.
What you very well know is that even if Slam doesn't get lynched he will most likely get shot on N1. Why would you not help get rid of him as scum, regardless of his alignment?


On December 11 2013 13:10 VayneAuthority wrote:
Considering the decent resistance in this game at the day 1 stage I would say there is actually a decent chance for him to flip scum combined with the points I have already made. There is quite a group of people that have pretty much ignored him altogether, which is what I usually do. I would like a better reason on why we shouldn't lynch him besides "lol vigi" because we all know nobody uses their vig shots like that; they always end up being hero vig shots.


I've already pretty much answered all of this

In this game the thread sentiment actually suggests vigi's WILL shoot useless people. Let's consider a scenario where you are scum.

If Slam is scum you:
1) can reasonably assume a vigi will shoot him on N1 anyways so
2) when you lynch him instead you gain towncredit
3) even if you don't succeed, you gain town credit when he flips red
4) you don't need to contribute anything useful

If Slam is town you:
1) can't be held responsible for anything scummy because it's a pro-town thing to suggest a policy lynch on him anyways
2) you don't need to contribute anything useful

So, why again is it unreasonable to assume you would vouch for his lynch as mafia?


because I would never, ever help town get rid of somebody so detrimental to town. He adds another scumplayer to my team, why would I want to get rid of him ever? I could just sheep you on spag or something dumb like that. I know exactly what it looks like.

Fair enough, just wanted to be sure what you meant.
Are you suggesting Spaghetticus is town?


Yea he was one of the first to want to lynch Slam so I have him as town until further notice.
I come in for the scraps
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
December 11 2013 17:35 GMT
#1170
@vayne is pretty ridiculous that you are suggesting mafia would never try to lynch slam. It's very easy to save yourself from having to scumhunt by adopting a lynch slam agenda.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 11 2013 17:36 GMT
#1171
On December 12 2013 02:33 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 02:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:29 VayneAuthority wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:14 VayneAuthority wrote:
I have one goal today and one goal only. If you think I would help town get rid of alakaslam as scum I can't help you.

That's actually quite an interesting comment Vayne.
What you very well know is that even if Slam doesn't get lynched he will most likely get shot on N1. Why would you not help get rid of him as scum, regardless of his alignment?


On December 11 2013 13:10 VayneAuthority wrote:
Considering the decent resistance in this game at the day 1 stage I would say there is actually a decent chance for him to flip scum combined with the points I have already made. There is quite a group of people that have pretty much ignored him altogether, which is what I usually do. I would like a better reason on why we shouldn't lynch him besides "lol vigi" because we all know nobody uses their vig shots like that; they always end up being hero vig shots.


I've already pretty much answered all of this

In this game the thread sentiment actually suggests vigi's WILL shoot useless people. Let's consider a scenario where you are scum.

If Slam is scum you:
1) can reasonably assume a vigi will shoot him on N1 anyways so
2) when you lynch him instead you gain towncredit
3) even if you don't succeed, you gain town credit when he flips red
4) you don't need to contribute anything useful

If Slam is town you:
1) can't be held responsible for anything scummy because it's a pro-town thing to suggest a policy lynch on him anyways
2) you don't need to contribute anything useful

So, why again is it unreasonable to assume you would vouch for his lynch as mafia?


because I would never, ever help town get rid of somebody so detrimental to town. He adds another scumplayer to my team, why would I want to get rid of him ever? I could just sheep you on spag or something dumb like that. I know exactly what it looks like.

Fair enough, just wanted to be sure what you meant.
Are you suggesting Spaghetticus is town?


Yea he was one of the first to want to lynch Slam so I have him as town until further notice.

Hmm.. I don't think suggesting a policy lynch at the start of the game is alignment indicative of him, especially when, as you said, it's nowhere near to be true (TL towns). That's probably the easiest way to appear contributive and have strong opinions. The target does not really matter.
table for two on a tv tray
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 17:39 GMT
#1172
it's not ridiculous at all if you consider how I play mafia. I KILL these kind of players at night because I find it more enjoyable to play with people that can actually scumhunt and try to trick them. Between that and my blue kill sniping I don't see how it is farfetch'd at all.
I come in for the scraps
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
December 11 2013 17:40 GMT
#1173
For the record, I don't think it's alignment indicative either. I've kept my vote on Slam (sorta have to at this point), but I could have easily switched it at any time as scum. I committed nothing and apparently got something in return. If we were scum team I could easily capitalise on it as a bus (slam being very bussable), but also shy out as I have intended on doing, but have not had the chance (nor real inclination tbh).
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
December 11 2013 17:41 GMT
#1174
On December 12 2013 02:39 VayneAuthority wrote:
it's not ridiculous at all if you consider how I play mafia. I KILL these kind of players at night because I find it more enjoyable to play with people that can actually scumhunt and try to trick them. Between that and my blue kill sniping I don't see how it is farfetch'd at all.


So you would never push a mislynch on slam because he is so bad for town, but you would nk him??/ that makes no sense.

also you are using that reasoning to townread speghetti, when you are describing it as it only applies to you.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 11 2013 17:48 GMT
#1175
On December 12 2013 02:41 kushm4sta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 02:39 VayneAuthority wrote:
it's not ridiculous at all if you consider how I play mafia. I KILL these kind of players at night because I find it more enjoyable to play with people that can actually scumhunt and try to trick them. Between that and my blue kill sniping I don't see how it is farfetch'd at all.


So you would never push a mislynch on slam because he is so bad for town, but you would nk him??/ that makes no sense.

also you are using that reasoning to townread speghetti, when you are describing it as it only applies to you.

Makes sense. Vayne thinks he's amazing at mafia so he wants to win without slam.
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
December 11 2013 17:49 GMT
#1176
Yes it does. A mislynch on slam means no information.

Slam has given nothing, so it's better to NK since they don't give as much info. Lynching me at least will give plenty of info given that I've been the crux of a lot of conversation.

Srsly, it looks like you're wasting time.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
December 11 2013 17:50 GMT
#1177
On December 12 2013 02:41 kushm4sta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 02:39 VayneAuthority wrote:
it's not ridiculous at all if you consider how I play mafia. I KILL these kind of players at night because I find it more enjoyable to play with people that can actually scumhunt and try to trick them. Between that and my blue kill sniping I don't see how it is farfetch'd at all.


So you would never push a mislynch on slam because he is so bad for town, but you would nk him??/ that makes no sense.


##unvote
##vote VayneAuthority


Complete contradiction

On December 12 2013 02:29 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 02:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:14 VayneAuthority wrote:
I have one goal today and one goal only. If you think I would help town get rid of alakaslam as scum I can't help you.

That's actually quite an interesting comment Vayne.
What you very well know is that even if Slam doesn't get lynched he will most likely get shot on N1. Why would you not help get rid of him as scum, regardless of his alignment?


On December 11 2013 13:10 VayneAuthority wrote:
Considering the decent resistance in this game at the day 1 stage I would say there is actually a decent chance for him to flip scum combined with the points I have already made. There is quite a group of people that have pretty much ignored him altogether, which is what I usually do. I would like a better reason on why we shouldn't lynch him besides "lol vigi" because we all know nobody uses their vig shots like that; they always end up being hero vig shots.


I've already pretty much answered all of this

In this game the thread sentiment actually suggests vigi's WILL shoot useless people. Let's consider a scenario where you are scum.

If Slam is scum you:
1) can reasonably assume a vigi will shoot him on N1 anyways so
2) when you lynch him instead you gain towncredit
3) even if you don't succeed, you gain town credit when he flips red
4) you don't need to contribute anything useful

If Slam is town you:
1) can't be held responsible for anything scummy because it's a pro-town thing to suggest a policy lynch on him anyways
2) you don't need to contribute anything useful

So, why again is it unreasonable to assume you would vouch for his lynch as mafia?


because I would never, ever help town get rid of somebody so detrimental to town. He adds another scumplayer to my team, why would I want to get rid of him ever? I could just sheep you on spag or something dumb like that. I know exactly what it looks like.

raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 11 2013 17:50 GMT
#1178
On December 12 2013 02:29 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 02:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 12 2013 02:14 VayneAuthority wrote:
I have one goal today and one goal only. If you think I would help town get rid of alakaslam as scum I can't help you.

That's actually quite an interesting comment Vayne.
What you very well know is that even if Slam doesn't get lynched he will most likely get shot on N1. Why would you not help get rid of him as scum, regardless of his alignment?


On December 11 2013 13:10 VayneAuthority wrote:
Considering the decent resistance in this game at the day 1 stage I would say there is actually a decent chance for him to flip scum combined with the points I have already made. There is quite a group of people that have pretty much ignored him altogether, which is what I usually do. I would like a better reason on why we shouldn't lynch him besides "lol vigi" because we all know nobody uses their vig shots like that; they always end up being hero vig shots.


I've already pretty much answered all of this

In this game the thread sentiment actually suggests vigi's WILL shoot useless people. Let's consider a scenario where you are scum.

If Slam is scum you:
1) can reasonably assume a vigi will shoot him on N1 anyways so
2) when you lynch him instead you gain towncredit
3) even if you don't succeed, you gain town credit when he flips red
4) you don't need to contribute anything useful

If Slam is town you:
1) can't be held responsible for anything scummy because it's a pro-town thing to suggest a policy lynch on him anyways
2) you don't need to contribute anything useful

So, why again is it unreasonable to assume you would vouch for his lynch as mafia?


because I would never, ever help town get rid of somebody so detrimental to town. He adds another scumplayer to my team, why would I want to get rid of him ever? I could just sheep you on spag or something dumb like that. I know exactly what it looks like.


On December 12 2013 02:39 VayneAuthority wrote:
it's not ridiculous at all if you consider how I play mafia. I KILL these kind of players at night because I find it more enjoyable to play with people that can actually scumhunt and try to trick them. Between that and my blue kill sniping I don't see how it is farfetch'd at all.

Can you explain the contradiction Vayne?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 11 2013 17:50 GMT
#1179
rofl JJD: <3
##unvote
##vote VayneAuthority
table for two on a tv tray
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 17:51 GMT
#1180
where is the contradiction?

You know that I'm pushing him as a mislynch in the thread, killing him as a night kill is pure WIFOM. Completely unrelated.
I come in for the scraps
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 184 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 10687
StarCastTV_EN310
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech134
Lowko62
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 11305
Bisu 3090
Jaedong 2784
EffOrt 1050
Horang2 375
ZerO 340
Larva 260
Zeus 230
Pusan 229
actioN 146
[ Show more ]
Mind 127
Hyun 124
Barracks 85
ggaemo 75
Bale 45
Killer 44
scan(afreeca) 43
Sharp 39
NotJumperer 34
ToSsGirL 25
Sacsri 23
Shinee 23
Hm[arnc] 22
Terrorterran 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
febbydoto75
League of Legends
JimRising 349
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1702
byalli279
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Other Games
ceh9657
crisheroes213
Sick181
Pyrionflax156
dupreeh104
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 159
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 12
• killerbeecast8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV301
• lizZardDota2295
League of Legends
• Jankos1063
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
21m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 21m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.