• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:33
CEST 15:33
KST 22:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War85.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11032 users

Aperture Mafia 2: Episode 2 - Page 160

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 158 159 160 161 162 243 Next
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 06 2013 02:21 GMT
#3181
Btw, I want to point out that "I think he tried this in XXXXX game" is a bullshit excuse for making an actual meta case where I did this.

I've already asked clarity to do the same, he refused to go and look also. Bring it on. I know you won't find anything like that in my history OO
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
September 06 2013 02:22 GMT
#3182
On September 06 2013 11:21 debears wrote:
Btw, I want to point out that "I think he tried this in XXXXX game" is a bullshit excuse for making an actual meta case where I did this.

I've already asked clarity to do the same, he refused to go and look also. Bring it on. I know you won't find anything like that in my history OO

I'm about as invested in reading your other games to reform my opinion of your play as you are in your one-sentence death sentence.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
September 06 2013 02:22 GMT
#3183
BTW caught up yet, scummer?
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
September 06 2013 02:25 GMT
#3184
IT IS TIME FOR A SHOWDOWN.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 06 2013 02:33 GMT
#3185
forgot this pic

[image loading]
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
September 06 2013 02:36 GMT
#3186
Wait, you can use that after half a day has passed? You can just fuck with the lynch after half the day cycle? That's supposed to be some kind of town power?
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
September 06 2013 02:41 GMT
#3187
Put your horses back in the barn, there, Hiro. It's not a showdown til it's announced there's a fucking showdown.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
September 06 2013 02:48 GMT
#3188
On September 06 2013 11:25 ObviousOne wrote:
IT IS TIME FOR A SHOWDOWN.

On September 06 2013 11:41 ObviousOne wrote:
Put your horses back in the barn, there, Hiro. It's not a showdown til it's announced there's a fucking showdown.

?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
September 06 2013 02:50 GMT
#3189
On September 06 2013 11:07 ObviousOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 11:00 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 06 2013 10:25 ObviousOne wrote:
On September 06 2013 10:13 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 05 2013 19:22 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 05 2013 15:35 ObviousOne wrote:
I'm not seeing any improvement from Alak beyond appearing somewhat more literate. Explain why if you think he's NOT the right lynch for today.


Explain why if you think he is.



@OBVIOUS.

it may not be obvious but I still want an answer to this question...

NOTE you made that statement before the watcher kerfuffle.

So I want an answer from the information you had at that time....

##unvote: Alakslam

##vote: ObviousOne

yeah i am serious ...
yeah even if Alak flips red...(tomorrow) (bussing dead teammates is a thing)
yeah even if Alak flips town (jumping up and down on lynch baits a thing too)

I still want to know that as you "Tomorrow we're lynching Alakaslam because he's mafia. I coached this guy as town in his newbie games and I didn't tell him to play like this."

I'd like you to explain as you know his play so well why you think he is scum and not town.
As you coached, I assume you wont be making a because he is bad post...

You will be pointing out which bad plays he could not reasonably be expected to have done as town?




Sure. I'll just summarize our interactions and the advice I gave him and why I believe he's mafia based on what I've taugh him.
1. Alakaslam wanted to fake claim a role to draw fire in one of his newbie games, because he believed he would be protecting someone who appeared to be claiming a power role. I specifically told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move.
This game: randomizing items (messing with town plans)
This game: an exhaustive number of reaction videos
2. He wanted to point out the "PR slip" he perceived in the thread in that game in the thread (it wasn't but it's the intent that's important here) and was told that he shouldn't make it easier for mafia to spot power roles.
This game: counter-point is that he never pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either.
This game: counter-point is he threatened to fuck with town if BH was lynched but did nothing productive to divert it, either.
3. His spammy random style doesn't feel the same as it does in his previous games where I observed him as town.
This game: looks and feels MUCH more like spamming for the purpose of spamming.

Fact is, I'm amazed he has lived this long and I can't wait to see that I'm right with his flip.


Cool you 'taught' him... ( I expect by that you mean you explained it very clearly) BUT did he learn?
or did he continue to do stuff like that in other games? "confounding the town" (after you taught him?)



Re: 2. You taught him not to point out PR roles... but then don't mention that he did that....
based on your experience coaching him is it surprising to you that "he never pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either."
before the D1 post did you have an expectation that Alak in this game would be "pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either."
Does him subsequently not pointing out anything useful to town indicate to you he did not receive a town PM?

Re: 3
I am not sure about the feel issue, as that will just be a personal thing.
As i went so far out on limb clearly i had a different feel read.

I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking specifically here in this post.
1: Did he learn? I think so, he asked about the kinds of things it was OK to do and I helped him through some of those decisions. I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town. Can I prove that he learned? Ha. Tell me how one goes about that.
2: He knew well enough to notice things that indicate powers and that means he was relatively observant as town. So what did he notice in this game that you think would make him town?
3: I read two entire games he played in and this one is way off the chart on randomness. I'm seeing it as trying to play scum like he plays town and overcompensating to the max. Subjective and my view.

Does that help?



ObviousOne: I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking specifically here in this post.

Specifically your previous post only shows he is still bad (didnt learn what you told him) not that he is scum.
Now you have added that you observed him "I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town." + Show Spoiler [FYI:] +
BTW as amatter of interest that would be how you "prove that he learned? Ha. Tell me how one goes about that."



Earlier: "I specifically told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move.
This game: randomizing items (messing with town plans)
This game: an exhaustive number of reaction videos"


Above you say: I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town.

Do you have confidence he understood about how much he was messing with town plans by using the randomiser?
How do you reach that conclusion?

I am rather sure I have seen Alak posting all sorts fluff in games. (I have not checked are you sure he stopped posting that fluff after you "told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move. "




Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
September 06 2013 02:50 GMT
#3190
Oh you're talking mod-confirmation or something.

Why? I thought you were D-D-D-D-D-DUELING?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
September 06 2013 02:51 GMT
#3191
On September 06 2013 11:50 VisceraEyes wrote:
Oh you're talking mod-confirmation or something.

Why? I thought you were D-D-D-D-D-DUELING?

Remember the lessons from LXI

If it's not in blue text, it's not mod-confirmed.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
September 06 2013 02:52 GMT
#3192
On September 06 2013 11:50 AxleGreaser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 11:07 ObviousOne wrote:
On September 06 2013 11:00 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 06 2013 10:25 ObviousOne wrote:
On September 06 2013 10:13 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 05 2013 19:22 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 05 2013 15:35 ObviousOne wrote:
I'm not seeing any improvement from Alak beyond appearing somewhat more literate. Explain why if you think he's NOT the right lynch for today.


Explain why if you think he is.



@OBVIOUS.

it may not be obvious but I still want an answer to this question...

NOTE you made that statement before the watcher kerfuffle.

So I want an answer from the information you had at that time....

##unvote: Alakslam

##vote: ObviousOne

yeah i am serious ...
yeah even if Alak flips red...(tomorrow) (bussing dead teammates is a thing)
yeah even if Alak flips town (jumping up and down on lynch baits a thing too)

I still want to know that as you "Tomorrow we're lynching Alakaslam because he's mafia. I coached this guy as town in his newbie games and I didn't tell him to play like this."

I'd like you to explain as you know his play so well why you think he is scum and not town.
As you coached, I assume you wont be making a because he is bad post...

You will be pointing out which bad plays he could not reasonably be expected to have done as town?




Sure. I'll just summarize our interactions and the advice I gave him and why I believe he's mafia based on what I've taugh him.
1. Alakaslam wanted to fake claim a role to draw fire in one of his newbie games, because he believed he would be protecting someone who appeared to be claiming a power role. I specifically told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move.
This game: randomizing items (messing with town plans)
This game: an exhaustive number of reaction videos
2. He wanted to point out the "PR slip" he perceived in the thread in that game in the thread (it wasn't but it's the intent that's important here) and was told that he shouldn't make it easier for mafia to spot power roles.
This game: counter-point is that he never pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either.
This game: counter-point is he threatened to fuck with town if BH was lynched but did nothing productive to divert it, either.
3. His spammy random style doesn't feel the same as it does in his previous games where I observed him as town.
This game: looks and feels MUCH more like spamming for the purpose of spamming.

Fact is, I'm amazed he has lived this long and I can't wait to see that I'm right with his flip.


Cool you 'taught' him... ( I expect by that you mean you explained it very clearly) BUT did he learn?
or did he continue to do stuff like that in other games? "confounding the town" (after you taught him?)



Re: 2. You taught him not to point out PR roles... but then don't mention that he did that....
based on your experience coaching him is it surprising to you that "he never pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either."
before the D1 post did you have an expectation that Alak in this game would be "pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either."
Does him subsequently not pointing out anything useful to town indicate to you he did not receive a town PM?

Re: 3
I am not sure about the feel issue, as that will just be a personal thing.
As i went so far out on limb clearly i had a different feel read.

I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking specifically here in this post.
1: Did he learn? I think so, he asked about the kinds of things it was OK to do and I helped him through some of those decisions. I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town. Can I prove that he learned? Ha. Tell me how one goes about that.
2: He knew well enough to notice things that indicate powers and that means he was relatively observant as town. So what did he notice in this game that you think would make him town?
3: I read two entire games he played in and this one is way off the chart on randomness. I'm seeing it as trying to play scum like he plays town and overcompensating to the max. Subjective and my view.

Does that help?



ObviousOne: I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking specifically here in this post.

Specifically your previous post only shows he is still bad (didnt learn what you told him) not that he is scum.
Now you have added that you observed him "I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town." + Show Spoiler [FYI +
BTW as amatter of interest that would be how you "prove that he learned? Ha. Tell me how one goes about that."



Earlier: "I specifically told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move.
This game: randomizing items (messing with town plans)
This game: an exhaustive number of reaction videos"


Above you say: I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town.

Do you have confidence he understood about how much he was messing with town plans by using the randomiser?
How do you reach that conclusion?

I am rather sure I have seen Alak posting all sorts fluff in games. (I have not checked are you sure he stopped posting that fluff after you "told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move. "





The confounding bit where he fucked us up royally with his item randomizer?
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 06 2013 03:09 GMT
#3193
[image loading]

You guys will need it after I'm done with OO. Gonna get messy
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
September 06 2013 03:12 GMT
#3194
On September 06 2013 11:52 ObviousOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 11:50 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 06 2013 11:07 ObviousOne wrote:
On September 06 2013 11:00 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 06 2013 10:25 ObviousOne wrote:
On September 06 2013 10:13 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 05 2013 19:22 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 05 2013 15:35 ObviousOne wrote:
I'm not seeing any improvement from Alak beyond appearing somewhat more literate. Explain why if you think he's NOT the right lynch for today.


Explain why if you think he is.



@OBVIOUS.

it may not be obvious but I still want an answer to this question...

NOTE you made that statement before the watcher kerfuffle.

So I want an answer from the information you had at that time....

##unvote: Alakslam

##vote: ObviousOne

yeah i am serious ...
yeah even if Alak flips red...(tomorrow) (bussing dead teammates is a thing)
yeah even if Alak flips town (jumping up and down on lynch baits a thing too)

I still want to know that as you "Tomorrow we're lynching Alakaslam because he's mafia. I coached this guy as town in his newbie games and I didn't tell him to play like this."

I'd like you to explain as you know his play so well why you think he is scum and not town.
As you coached, I assume you wont be making a because he is bad post...

You will be pointing out which bad plays he could not reasonably be expected to have done as town?




Sure. I'll just summarize our interactions and the advice I gave him and why I believe he's mafia based on what I've taugh him.
1. Alakaslam wanted to fake claim a role to draw fire in one of his newbie games, because he believed he would be protecting someone who appeared to be claiming a power role. I specifically told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move.
This game: randomizing items (messing with town plans)
This game: an exhaustive number of reaction videos
2. He wanted to point out the "PR slip" he perceived in the thread in that game in the thread (it wasn't but it's the intent that's important here) and was told that he shouldn't make it easier for mafia to spot power roles.
This game: counter-point is that he never pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either.
This game: counter-point is he threatened to fuck with town if BH was lynched but did nothing productive to divert it, either.
3. His spammy random style doesn't feel the same as it does in his previous games where I observed him as town.
This game: looks and feels MUCH more like spamming for the purpose of spamming.

Fact is, I'm amazed he has lived this long and I can't wait to see that I'm right with his flip.


Cool you 'taught' him... ( I expect by that you mean you explained it very clearly) BUT did he learn?
or did he continue to do stuff like that in other games? "confounding the town" (after you taught him?)



Re: 2. You taught him not to point out PR roles... but then don't mention that he did that....
based on your experience coaching him is it surprising to you that "he never pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either."
before the D1 post did you have an expectation that Alak in this game would be "pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either."
Does him subsequently not pointing out anything useful to town indicate to you he did not receive a town PM?

Re: 3
I am not sure about the feel issue, as that will just be a personal thing.
As i went so far out on limb clearly i had a different feel read.

I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking specifically here in this post.
1: Did he learn? I think so, he asked about the kinds of things it was OK to do and I helped him through some of those decisions. I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town. Can I prove that he learned? Ha. Tell me how one goes about that.
2: He knew well enough to notice things that indicate powers and that means he was relatively observant as town. So what did he notice in this game that you think would make him town?
3: I read two entire games he played in and this one is way off the chart on randomness. I'm seeing it as trying to play scum like he plays town and overcompensating to the max. Subjective and my view.

Does that help?



ObviousOne: I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking specifically here in this post.

Specifically your previous post only shows he is still bad (didnt learn what you told him) not that he is scum.
Now you have added that you observed him "I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town." + Show Spoiler [FYI +
BTW as amatter of interest that would be how you "prove that he learned? Ha. Tell me how one goes about that."



Earlier: "I specifically told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move.
This game: randomizing items (messing with town plans)
This game: an exhaustive number of reaction videos"


Above you say: I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town.

Do you have confidence he understood about how much he was messing with town plans by using the randomiser?
How do you reach that conclusion?

I am rather sure I have seen Alak posting all sorts fluff in games. (I have not checked are you sure he stopped posting that fluff after you "told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move. "





The confounding bit where he fucked us up royally with his item randomizer?


Do you have confidence he understood about how much he was messing with town plans by using the randomiser?
How do you reach that conclusion?
Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
September 06 2013 03:13 GMT
#3195
On September 06 2013 12:12 AxleGreaser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 11:52 ObviousOne wrote:
On September 06 2013 11:50 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 06 2013 11:07 ObviousOne wrote:
On September 06 2013 11:00 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 06 2013 10:25 ObviousOne wrote:
On September 06 2013 10:13 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 05 2013 19:22 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 05 2013 15:35 ObviousOne wrote:
I'm not seeing any improvement from Alak beyond appearing somewhat more literate. Explain why if you think he's NOT the right lynch for today.


Explain why if you think he is.



@OBVIOUS.

it may not be obvious but I still want an answer to this question...

NOTE you made that statement before the watcher kerfuffle.

So I want an answer from the information you had at that time....

##unvote: Alakslam

##vote: ObviousOne

yeah i am serious ...
yeah even if Alak flips red...(tomorrow) (bussing dead teammates is a thing)
yeah even if Alak flips town (jumping up and down on lynch baits a thing too)

I still want to know that as you "Tomorrow we're lynching Alakaslam because he's mafia. I coached this guy as town in his newbie games and I didn't tell him to play like this."

I'd like you to explain as you know his play so well why you think he is scum and not town.
As you coached, I assume you wont be making a because he is bad post...

You will be pointing out which bad plays he could not reasonably be expected to have done as town?




Sure. I'll just summarize our interactions and the advice I gave him and why I believe he's mafia based on what I've taugh him.
1. Alakaslam wanted to fake claim a role to draw fire in one of his newbie games, because he believed he would be protecting someone who appeared to be claiming a power role. I specifically told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move.
This game: randomizing items (messing with town plans)
This game: an exhaustive number of reaction videos
2. He wanted to point out the "PR slip" he perceived in the thread in that game in the thread (it wasn't but it's the intent that's important here) and was told that he shouldn't make it easier for mafia to spot power roles.
This game: counter-point is that he never pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either.
This game: counter-point is he threatened to fuck with town if BH was lynched but did nothing productive to divert it, either.
3. His spammy random style doesn't feel the same as it does in his previous games where I observed him as town.
This game: looks and feels MUCH more like spamming for the purpose of spamming.

Fact is, I'm amazed he has lived this long and I can't wait to see that I'm right with his flip.


Cool you 'taught' him... ( I expect by that you mean you explained it very clearly) BUT did he learn?
or did he continue to do stuff like that in other games? "confounding the town" (after you taught him?)



Re: 2. You taught him not to point out PR roles... but then don't mention that he did that....
based on your experience coaching him is it surprising to you that "he never pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either."
before the D1 post did you have an expectation that Alak in this game would be "pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either."
Does him subsequently not pointing out anything useful to town indicate to you he did not receive a town PM?

Re: 3
I am not sure about the feel issue, as that will just be a personal thing.
As i went so far out on limb clearly i had a different feel read.

I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking specifically here in this post.
1: Did he learn? I think so, he asked about the kinds of things it was OK to do and I helped him through some of those decisions. I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town. Can I prove that he learned? Ha. Tell me how one goes about that.
2: He knew well enough to notice things that indicate powers and that means he was relatively observant as town. So what did he notice in this game that you think would make him town?
3: I read two entire games he played in and this one is way off the chart on randomness. I'm seeing it as trying to play scum like he plays town and overcompensating to the max. Subjective and my view.

Does that help?



ObviousOne: I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking specifically here in this post.

Specifically your previous post only shows he is still bad (didnt learn what you told him) not that he is scum.
Now you have added that you observed him "I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town." + Show Spoiler [FYI +
BTW as amatter of interest that would be how you "prove that he learned? Ha. Tell me how one goes about that."



Earlier: "I specifically told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move.
This game: randomizing items (messing with town plans)
This game: an exhaustive number of reaction videos"


Above you say: I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town.

Do you have confidence he understood about how much he was messing with town plans by using the randomiser?
How do you reach that conclusion?

I am rather sure I have seen Alak posting all sorts fluff in games. (I have not checked are you sure he stopped posting that fluff after you "told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move. "





The confounding bit where he fucked us up royally with his item randomizer?


Do you have confidence he understood about how much he was messing with town plans by using the randomiser?
How do you reach that conclusion?

Because as shitty as his posting can be, he's not retarded.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
September 06 2013 03:30 GMT
#3196



debears has challenged ObviousOne!





You may only vote for either debears or ObviousOne now!
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
September 06 2013 03:30 GMT
#3197
On September 06 2013 12:13 ObviousOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 12:12 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 06 2013 11:52 ObviousOne wrote:
On September 06 2013 11:50 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 06 2013 11:07 ObviousOne wrote:
On September 06 2013 11:00 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 06 2013 10:25 ObviousOne wrote:
On September 06 2013 10:13 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 05 2013 19:22 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 05 2013 15:35 ObviousOne wrote:
I'm not seeing any improvement from Alak beyond appearing somewhat more literate. Explain why if you think he's NOT the right lynch for today.


Explain why if you think he is.



@OBVIOUS.

it may not be obvious but I still want an answer to this question...

NOTE you made that statement before the watcher kerfuffle.

So I want an answer from the information you had at that time....

##unvote: Alakslam

##vote: ObviousOne

yeah i am serious ...
yeah even if Alak flips red...(tomorrow) (bussing dead teammates is a thing)
yeah even if Alak flips town (jumping up and down on lynch baits a thing too)

I still want to know that as you "Tomorrow we're lynching Alakaslam because he's mafia. I coached this guy as town in his newbie games and I didn't tell him to play like this."

I'd like you to explain as you know his play so well why you think he is scum and not town.
As you coached, I assume you wont be making a because he is bad post...

You will be pointing out which bad plays he could not reasonably be expected to have done as town?




Sure. I'll just summarize our interactions and the advice I gave him and why I believe he's mafia based on what I've taugh him.
1. Alakaslam wanted to fake claim a role to draw fire in one of his newbie games, because he believed he would be protecting someone who appeared to be claiming a power role. I specifically told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move.
This game: randomizing items (messing with town plans)
This game: an exhaustive number of reaction videos
2. He wanted to point out the "PR slip" he perceived in the thread in that game in the thread (it wasn't but it's the intent that's important here) and was told that he shouldn't make it easier for mafia to spot power roles.
This game: counter-point is that he never pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either.
This game: counter-point is he threatened to fuck with town if BH was lynched but did nothing productive to divert it, either.
3. His spammy random style doesn't feel the same as it does in his previous games where I observed him as town.
This game: looks and feels MUCH more like spamming for the purpose of spamming.

Fact is, I'm amazed he has lived this long and I can't wait to see that I'm right with his flip.


Cool you 'taught' him... ( I expect by that you mean you explained it very clearly) BUT did he learn?
or did he continue to do stuff like that in other games? "confounding the town" (after you taught him?)



Re: 2. You taught him not to point out PR roles... but then don't mention that he did that....
based on your experience coaching him is it surprising to you that "he never pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either."
before the D1 post did you have an expectation that Alak in this game would be "pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either."
Does him subsequently not pointing out anything useful to town indicate to you he did not receive a town PM?

Re: 3
I am not sure about the feel issue, as that will just be a personal thing.
As i went so far out on limb clearly i had a different feel read.

I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking specifically here in this post.
1: Did he learn? I think so, he asked about the kinds of things it was OK to do and I helped him through some of those decisions. I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town. Can I prove that he learned? Ha. Tell me how one goes about that.
2: He knew well enough to notice things that indicate powers and that means he was relatively observant as town. So what did he notice in this game that you think would make him town?
3: I read two entire games he played in and this one is way off the chart on randomness. I'm seeing it as trying to play scum like he plays town and overcompensating to the max. Subjective and my view.

Does that help?



ObviousOne: I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking specifically here in this post.

Specifically your previous post only shows he is still bad (didnt learn what you told him) not that he is scum.
Now you have added that you observed him "I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town." + Show Spoiler [FYI +
BTW as amatter of interest that would be how you "prove that he learned? Ha. Tell me how one goes about that."



Earlier: "I specifically told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move.
This game: randomizing items (messing with town plans)
This game: an exhaustive number of reaction videos"


Above you say: I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town.

Do you have confidence he understood about how much he was messing with town plans by using the randomiser?
How do you reach that conclusion?

I am rather sure I have seen Alak posting all sorts fluff in games. (I have not checked are you sure he stopped posting that fluff after you "told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move. "





The confounding bit where he fucked us up royally with his item randomizer?


Do you have confidence he understood about how much he was messing with town plans by using the randomiser?
How do you reach that conclusion?

Because as shitty as his posting can be, he's not retarded.


I refuse to respond to that post.... it presents a false dichotmy wher you argue he is not retarded backing me intoa corner where if I oppose you I am claiming he is. I didnt.
I will reword it for you.

ObviousOne: Because as shitty as his posting can be, he's not likely to make that large an error.

I assert he is.

I earlier posted this http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=19662586
which contained this link http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=19028339
which is link To Alak doing stuff just as out there...

On September 03 2013 15:19 AxleGreaser wrote:

it is a response to Onegu who was scum fake claiming, watcher who saw Alak visited by the (obv) town(nosy neigh).
(onegu was a scum tracker who had tracked the towny)

Alak sees this and claims tracker... (some one who visits but is not necessarily visted.) and concludes merrily they are now both confirmed town.... its a bit out there... Ok?

it might just change your settings for just how likely Alak is to do stuff as town.


Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
September 06 2013 03:36 GMT
#3198
Day 3 Lynch

Austinmcc (0): debears
Coagulation (0): AxleGreaser
Felkyr (0): Risen



ObviousOne (2): ShiaoPi, debears
debears (1): ObviousOne


The lynch will happen in at Saturday, Sep 07 12:00am GMT (GMT+00:00). You may now only vote for either debears or ObviousOne. With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Let me know if I missed something or made a mistake. Remember that only votes in the voting thread count and voting is required.

Alakaslam is being modkilled and will flip with the night post.
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
September 06 2013 03:40 GMT
#3199
In other news... (thread)

Cheesecake has still not responded to why he visited Kita?
Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
September 06 2013 03:43 GMT
#3200
On September 06 2013 12:30 AxleGreaser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 12:13 ObviousOne wrote:
On September 06 2013 12:12 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 06 2013 11:52 ObviousOne wrote:
On September 06 2013 11:50 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 06 2013 11:07 ObviousOne wrote:
On September 06 2013 11:00 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 06 2013 10:25 ObviousOne wrote:
On September 06 2013 10:13 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 05 2013 19:22 AxleGreaser wrote:
[quote]

Explain why if you think he is.



@OBVIOUS.

it may not be obvious but I still want an answer to this question...

NOTE you made that statement before the watcher kerfuffle.

So I want an answer from the information you had at that time....

##unvote: Alakslam

##vote: ObviousOne

yeah i am serious ...
yeah even if Alak flips red...(tomorrow) (bussing dead teammates is a thing)
yeah even if Alak flips town (jumping up and down on lynch baits a thing too)

I still want to know that as you "Tomorrow we're lynching Alakaslam because he's mafia. I coached this guy as town in his newbie games and I didn't tell him to play like this."

I'd like you to explain as you know his play so well why you think he is scum and not town.
As you coached, I assume you wont be making a because he is bad post...

You will be pointing out which bad plays he could not reasonably be expected to have done as town?




Sure. I'll just summarize our interactions and the advice I gave him and why I believe he's mafia based on what I've taugh him.
1. Alakaslam wanted to fake claim a role to draw fire in one of his newbie games, because he believed he would be protecting someone who appeared to be claiming a power role. I specifically told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move.
This game: randomizing items (messing with town plans)
This game: an exhaustive number of reaction videos
2. He wanted to point out the "PR slip" he perceived in the thread in that game in the thread (it wasn't but it's the intent that's important here) and was told that he shouldn't make it easier for mafia to spot power roles.
This game: counter-point is that he never pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either.
This game: counter-point is he threatened to fuck with town if BH was lynched but did nothing productive to divert it, either.
3. His spammy random style doesn't feel the same as it does in his previous games where I observed him as town.
This game: looks and feels MUCH more like spamming for the purpose of spamming.

Fact is, I'm amazed he has lived this long and I can't wait to see that I'm right with his flip.


Cool you 'taught' him... ( I expect by that you mean you explained it very clearly) BUT did he learn?
or did he continue to do stuff like that in other games? "confounding the town" (after you taught him?)



Re: 2. You taught him not to point out PR roles... but then don't mention that he did that....
based on your experience coaching him is it surprising to you that "he never pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either."
before the D1 post did you have an expectation that Alak in this game would be "pointed out anything particularly USEFUL to town either."
Does him subsequently not pointing out anything useful to town indicate to you he did not receive a town PM?

Re: 3
I am not sure about the feel issue, as that will just be a personal thing.
As i went so far out on limb clearly i had a different feel read.

I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking specifically here in this post.
1: Did he learn? I think so, he asked about the kinds of things it was OK to do and I helped him through some of those decisions. I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town. Can I prove that he learned? Ha. Tell me how one goes about that.
2: He knew well enough to notice things that indicate powers and that means he was relatively observant as town. So what did he notice in this game that you think would make him town?
3: I read two entire games he played in and this one is way off the chart on randomness. I'm seeing it as trying to play scum like he plays town and overcompensating to the max. Subjective and my view.

Does that help?



ObviousOne: I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking specifically here in this post.

Specifically your previous post only shows he is still bad (didnt learn what you told him) not that he is scum.
Now you have added that you observed him "I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town." + Show Spoiler [FYI +
BTW as amatter of interest that would be how you "prove that he learned? Ha. Tell me how one goes about that."



Earlier: "I specifically told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move.
This game: randomizing items (messing with town plans)
This game: an exhaustive number of reaction videos"


Above you say: I didn't see him make the mistakes related to what I discussed with him when I watched him as town.

Do you have confidence he understood about how much he was messing with town plans by using the randomiser?
How do you reach that conclusion?

I am rather sure I have seen Alak posting all sorts fluff in games. (I have not checked are you sure he stopped posting that fluff after you "told him that confounding the town is not a pro-town move. "





The confounding bit where he fucked us up royally with his item randomizer?


Do you have confidence he understood about how much he was messing with town plans by using the randomiser?
How do you reach that conclusion?

Because as shitty as his posting can be, he's not retarded.


I refuse to respond to that post.... it presents a false dichotmy wher you argue he is not retarded backing me intoa corner where if I oppose you I am claiming he is. I didnt.
I will reword it for you.

ObviousOne: Because as shitty as his posting can be, he's not likely to make that large an error.

I assert he is.

I earlier posted this http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=19662586
which contained this link http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=19028339
which is link To Alak doing stuff just as out there...

Show nested quote +
On September 03 2013 15:19 AxleGreaser wrote:

it is a response to Onegu who was scum fake claiming, watcher who saw Alak visited by the (obv) town(nosy neigh).
(onegu was a scum tracker who had tracked the towny)

Alak sees this and claims tracker... (some one who visits but is not necessarily visted.) and concludes merrily they are now both confirmed town.... its a bit out there... Ok?

it might just change your settings for just how likely Alak is to do stuff as town.



We're having a massive communication fail because I don't see an actual question here. If I'm understanding this right, you and I are on opposites sides of the fence when it comes to his use of the randomizer or whatever it was called. Is that correct? And that you also disagree that my subjective view on the other points also don't point to him being town. I'm not sure what I'm arguing against here, if anything.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Prev 1 158 159 160 161 162 243 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 359
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35728
Calm 7660
Rain 1858
Bisu 1791
Jaedong 1179
Horang2 689
FanTaSy 685
BeSt 558
Larva 485
Soma 431
[ Show more ]
Light 363
Rush 301
Stork 269
ZerO 242
Snow 233
Zeus 162
Barracks 136
Free 124
Mind 99
910 98
Killer 68
Mong 63
Sea.KH 50
Pusan 47
Hyun 45
ToSsGirL 41
Shinee 38
NaDa 34
Aegong 24
Terrorterran 21
Sexy 18
Hm[arnc] 15
sorry 14
Rock 10
Noble 9
Sacsri 8
Icarus 3
Dota 2
Gorgc7999
XaKoH 243
Counter-Strike
fl0m3081
olofmeister886
Other Games
gofns30870
singsing2177
B2W.Neo813
hiko355
Lowko329
crisheroes289
Mlord187
Hui .130
Livibee105
RotterdaM104
djWHEAT86
Mew2King77
QueenE33
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3928
• Jankos2555
• TFBlade610
Other Games
• WagamamaTV195
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 27m
Big Brain Bouts
20h 27m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.