• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:09
CEST 08:09
KST 15:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8681 users

Boardwalk Empire Mafia: Pick Your Power - Page 45

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 210 Next
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
April 06 2013 00:02 GMT
#881
On April 06 2013 08:59 Restraining Order wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 08:58 Mocsta wrote:
On April 06 2013 08:57 Restraining Order wrote:
I'm not particularily interested in lynching geript.

I'm null on him, and he's not a good lynch in terms of policy either.

Alternative then pls?

Or are you just planning to cock-block this game?

The ones I noted in my last post before, plus Vivax and sno.

Those are people I am interested in lynching.

Yes Sn0 is interesting

he is a guy that is #1 pick; and expressed desire to follow a plan.

Yet, where is he in all these discussion?

Its essentially empty promises.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 06 2013 00:13 GMT
#882
On April 06 2013 08:50 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 08:48 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On April 06 2013 08:41 Mocsta wrote:
On April 06 2013 08:35 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On April 06 2013 08:27 Mocsta wrote:
On April 06 2013 08:17 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On April 06 2013 08:16 Mocsta wrote:
On April 06 2013 08:13 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Mocsta, it's not an association read. That just adds to the case. The post that really set me off was the one where he called you town but not really but town five times in two sentences.

Its association because there is no flip.

The association was, if Geript is scum; it goes someways towards implicating Keirathi as associated scum (you know, the stuff that was taken precedence over the past 2/3 pages, originated by Caller)

But I'm not using it as an association case at all, my main crux of the case was the post I mentioned which has no bearing on Keirathi or Caller or any of that. Look at that post alone and tell me if you see any town motivation in making it.

Geript is a difficult player to work with.
+ Show Spoiler [Geript fallacies] +
His second game on this forum (Mafia LX).. lets just say.. post-game, people decided he needs to be wrapped in cotton-wool.

Geript is not stupid; is aware of this perception; and realises to play it to his strengths.
Geript also has more balls than ppl give him credit for.

The other hard part is: his play is still developing.
He just played scum; so has more insight in how to blend in as scum; and also what he values are being a good townie.

I just wanted to point out here some context for a publicly considered "fragile" player - a reputation I dont think he deserves.


I think there is merit in what you have pointed out, and am paying close attention to his responses.

I also find it curious that when defending Rayn, he likes to point out validity in VE strategy as a basis. Soon he proceeds to call out VE for "working behind the scenes", and then later calls him out again for not scum hunting.


P.S. its sat morning for me, so I will be back in 10-12hrs.

So he's playing to his strengths by saying things that have no town motivation? Please explain to me how that works. Are you saying that like Vivax he rolls scum in 100% of his games regardless of his role PM? If he's so aware of his perception, why does his posting history look so awful?

You've basically said in this post that he's better than people give him credit for, yet his post history reeks of scum. If he's good as you say he is then this should ring even more alarm bells. The point regarding VE you make only compounds that, so that makes me wonder. Why so noncommittal?
Stop over analysing

the key point i said is "i think there is merit in what you have pointed out"

The other stuff was saying, I am not confident on giving a firm read on him due to my knowledge of his play.
Henceforth, the watching closely.

Dude, whether I agree with you or not; doesnt make me town or scum.

It's not the agreeing or disagreeing part that's important, it's how you get to that conclusion and your conclusion didn't line up with the rest of your post. You said you (partially) agree with what I've pointed out, add more to the case, yet only say you'll "watch him closely". I was expecting a more firm conclusion given the rest of the post.
I cant give him a firm conclusion yet. Its still Day 0; and I need to see him scum hunt more.

As I said, there are points of merits; that I want to see responses to.

Look, you either think I am scum, or you dont.

If you dont think I am scum, than this convo is donig nothing but shit up the thread.

If you do think I am scum, and being wishy washy.. by all means, continue.

I had you as weak town before our exchange, and the post you made questioned that read, so I questioned you. At first I thought it made you null again, but rereading it I realized that your wishy-washy post wouldn't make sense if Geript is scum, because he created an easy way for you to defend him which you denied. Since I believe Geript to be scum that makes you fairly town.
On April 06 2013 08:57 Restraining Order wrote:
I'm not particularily interested in lynching geript.

I'm null on him, and he's not a good lynch in terms of policy either.

Can you please explain the post I've mentioned countless times from a town perspective?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
April 06 2013 00:16 GMT
#883
On April 06 2013 09:13 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
. Since I believe Geript to be scum that makes you fairly town.

Lol.. and if he is town.. what then?
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 06 2013 00:17 GMT
#884
I want to pick a defensive role, since mafia are unlikely to pick them, but if I overlap with someone, I'll be a townie ;/
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 06 2013 00:17 GMT
#885
On April 06 2013 09:16 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 09:13 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
. Since I believe Geript to be scum that makes you fairly town.

Lol.. and if he is town.. what then?

Then you'd be null again.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 06 2013 00:23 GMT
#886
On April 06 2013 09:17 Bill Murray wrote:
I want to pick a defensive role, since mafia are unlikely to pick them, but if I overlap with someone, I'll be a townie ;/

Just pick one. If you don't get it, at least you can be sure someone was smart enough to pick it already.
Writer@WriterYamato
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
April 06 2013 00:25 GMT
#887
On phone. Artanis can you explain what you find so scummy about my filter if it is not just the quotes you posted in your mini case?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 06 2013 00:33 GMT
#888
On April 06 2013 09:25 geript wrote:
On phone. Artanis can you explain what you find so scummy about my filter if it is not just the quotes you posted in your mini case?

Asking people whether you can sheep them isn't exactly the height of taking responsibility. Antagonizing people that refuse to play along with your plan because they want to approach the game in a different way, single line comments about players you find suspicious then asking other people what they think about them rather than fleshing out your own opinion, all the while focussing on your own plan. I'd rather you reply to the mini case I made though as it contains the stronger points.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 06 2013 00:36 GMT
#889
Artanis, do you believe your own case and "push" of geript....or are you joking?
Sharrant
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada543 Posts
April 06 2013 00:36 GMT
#890
@Geript

Can you please explain exactly what it is that made you decide that Mocsta is 100% town. Please explain as clearly as possible, and if you can link to evidence of this from another game that would be appreciated.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 06 2013 00:37 GMT
#891
On April 06 2013 09:36 gonzaw wrote:
Artanis, do you believe your own case and "push" of geript....or are you joking?

What does it look like? I'm not joking.
How about 'enlightening' me if it's such a 'joke' to you?
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 06 2013 00:38 GMT
#892
Hmm....okay, I'll analyze this later then.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 06 2013 00:42 GMT
#893
VisceraEyes Pre-Dawn Lynch Preference of Wrath

RestrainingOrder - RestrainingOrder first popped onto my radar in my first readthrough before commenting on Yamato's idea. This post.
On April 04 2013 19:58 Restraining Order wrote:
The thing is denying mafia roles doesn't work too well anyways, and on top of that, if you try to coordinate it, it works even less.

The rolecop-rolevig combo alone has 2-3 possibilities on either end of the deal. (rolecop, capitalist, extractor & assassin, rolevig)
Sure, you might be a hero and get exactly the one they try to pick, but it's a crapshoot, and mafia inherently has the pickorder advantage due to possible coordination.

Rather, think about it like this: certain roles are not desireable for mafia to pick. Those roles, you don't pick early in the draft order. This includes all investigative roles (apart from rolecop), dreamflower, things like that. Not picking those in, say, the upper half, will mean more roles for town overall.
But having VTs is also very informative, so you really don't need to mind either way.

Ultimately the logic behind this post is fairly sound. But upon further inspection, you'll find that all it really does is say "planning for the pick phase is futile, and doesn't matter". Why not just say that? Why go to the extra effort of explaining it in the throes of a huge planning session when it's clear it's just going to get ignored by people who are expending effort planning? It's a throw-away post that affects nothing and accomplishes nothing.

He proceeds to have a rather meaningless back and forth with rayn, which ultimately ends up with rayn having a scumread on him. Most of it is "You said" "No I didn't". But what I found interesting during this exchange was this post.
On April 05 2013 03:37 Restraining Order wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 03:33 Oatsmaster wrote:
On April 05 2013 03:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On April 05 2013 03:28 Restraining Order wrote:
Ok, you can keep townhunting them townreads if you want, I sent in my numbers already. They shouldn't be too obtrusive to whatever nonsense you'll come up with, so it's okay.

This is like a scumclaim.


elaborate why not wanting to discuss your plan is scummy please.

You must have forgotten, but you also think I'm mafia.


What is the town motivation for posting this? Like, assuming RO is town and he doesn't know what Oats' alignment is, what is the point of prodding Oats when he's soft-defending him like that? As scum it could serve to cast doubt on Oats if Oats is town, but what does it do if RO is town? I can't think of anything, and I found this post suspicious as hell as a result.

On April 05 2013 22:50 Restraining Order wrote:
This is roughly where it stands, I didn't dig through to get all the second numbers for the 8's and 11's, but those don't matter that much.

Sn0_man - 1, 1? could theoretically also be 2 or 3 I guess, but no reason to disbelieve it.
obviousone - 234?
Raynpelikoneet - 5, 1
Sinani206 - 7, 2
Visceraeyes - 10, 10
Geript - something huge, 18, 12? can't remember
strongandbig - 234? same first as caller
Caller - 234? same first as snb, larger second
restraining order - 6, 2
Meapak_ziphh - 6, 3+
artanis[xp] - 11
sharrant - 11
gonzaw - 8
Austinmcc - 8
Keirathi - 8
Palmar - 8
Mocsta - 8
Shelvocke - 8
Deconduo - 8
Vivax - 8, 1
Oatmaster - 8, 1
billmurray - either 8 or didn't send
Yamato77 - not sent, tried 11

lolList. Scum.

But what about scumreads? Let's find out!
On April 06 2013 03:39 Restraining Order wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 03:22 Keirathi wrote:
On April 06 2013 03:03 Caller wrote:
On April 06 2013 03:00 Keirathi wrote:
On April 06 2013 02:57 Caller wrote:
Someone asked me why I FOS Keirathi a while back. I'll tell you why. Look at his post history. It's all posts of "being helpful" and "discussing the format" and "lightly criticizing one of these bullshit plans." All typical red-as-fuck mafia scumbaggery. It was shit like that that made me shoot GMarshal Night 0 (whom was a mafia roleblocker that time). And don't forget that since nobody has a role yet, there's absolutely no reason for anybody to be acting like a blue, because there aren't any blues! So if they're fishy and scummy and CLEARLY NOT BLUE, what does this mean? I"ll say it. Keirathi is fucking scum.

Rofl, okay Caller.

And how, exactly, is that different from what a townie would do? Are townies never helpful? Do townies not discuss the setup? Do townies not criticize bullshit plans?

they do, but they also scumhunt. you haven't even tried to scumhunt. Townies especially don't just pontificate about the setup and try to "win arguments" like your post history shows. due to laziness i'm would rather not bother dissecting it on a case by case basis for the proles, but i will if i have to.

But really, over half of the thread hasn't been scumhunting, so why me and not, say, Palmar? deconduo? VE? I can keep listing people, but this conversation is pointless.

And I would lynch all of those people.

Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 03:27 gonzaw wrote:
You could say about Keirathi the same as many other players I think (Artanis, austin, ObviousOne some more perhaps) who are still "trying to help" yet not scumhunting in a meaningful way (if not to appear they contribute and stuff), if not just not scumhunting at all.

And I would lynch all of those people.

On April 06 2013 08:59 Restraining Order wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 08:58 Mocsta wrote:
On April 06 2013 08:57 Restraining Order wrote:
I'm not particularily interested in lynching geript.

I'm null on him, and he's not a good lynch in terms of policy either.

Alternative then pls?

Or are you just planning to cock-block this game?

The ones I noted in my last post before, plus Vivax and sno.

Those are people I am interested in lynching.

So RO wants to lynch inside [Caller, Palmar, Decon, VE, Kierathi, Artanis, austin, OO, Vivax, sn0] before D1 starts. That's cool I guess, but some of those names sound familiar. Where have I seen those names before?

On April 05 2013 11:15 Restraining Order wrote:
Show nested quote +
gonzaw
Austinmcc
Keirathi
Palmar

Mocsta

These 5 players picked [8] as their first numbers.
This means, at least 4 of those 5 are town.

Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 11:13 Mocsta wrote:
On April 05 2013 11:09 yamato77 wrote:
I went 11,11

wtf how am I bottom

BM musta chose 11,11 too

Not really, sharrant picked 11 as first number too, and is above the 8's.
The host likely didn't receive his PM.


Oh that's right. In that OTHER post where he made a list and said "4/5 are townies", he wants to lynch 3/5 of them.

RestrainingOrder is SCUM and should be the D1 lynch.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Restraining Order
Profile Joined February 2013
Qatar276 Posts
April 06 2013 00:47 GMT
#894
On April 06 2013 09:42 VisceraEyes wrote:
VisceraEyes Pre-Dawn Lynch Preference of Wrath

RestrainingOrder - RestrainingOrder first popped onto my radar in my first readthrough before commenting on Yamato's idea. This post.
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2013 19:58 Restraining Order wrote:
The thing is denying mafia roles doesn't work too well anyways, and on top of that, if you try to coordinate it, it works even less.

The rolecop-rolevig combo alone has 2-3 possibilities on either end of the deal. (rolecop, capitalist, extractor & assassin, rolevig)
Sure, you might be a hero and get exactly the one they try to pick, but it's a crapshoot, and mafia inherently has the pickorder advantage due to possible coordination.

Rather, think about it like this: certain roles are not desireable for mafia to pick. Those roles, you don't pick early in the draft order. This includes all investigative roles (apart from rolecop), dreamflower, things like that. Not picking those in, say, the upper half, will mean more roles for town overall.
But having VTs is also very informative, so you really don't need to mind either way.

Ultimately the logic behind this post is fairly sound. But upon further inspection, you'll find that all it really does is say "planning for the pick phase is futile, and doesn't matter". Why not just say that? Why go to the extra effort of explaining it in the throes of a huge planning session when it's clear it's just going to get ignored by people who are expending effort planning? It's a throw-away post that affects nothing and accomplishes nothing.

He proceeds to have a rather meaningless back and forth with rayn, which ultimately ends up with rayn having a scumread on him. Most of it is "You said" "No I didn't". But what I found interesting during this exchange was this post.
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 03:37 Restraining Order wrote:
On April 05 2013 03:33 Oatsmaster wrote:
On April 05 2013 03:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On April 05 2013 03:28 Restraining Order wrote:
Ok, you can keep townhunting them townreads if you want, I sent in my numbers already. They shouldn't be too obtrusive to whatever nonsense you'll come up with, so it's okay.

This is like a scumclaim.


elaborate why not wanting to discuss your plan is scummy please.

You must have forgotten, but you also think I'm mafia.


What is the town motivation for posting this? Like, assuming RO is town and he doesn't know what Oats' alignment is, what is the point of prodding Oats when he's soft-defending him like that? As scum it could serve to cast doubt on Oats if Oats is town, but what does it do if RO is town? I can't think of anything, and I found this post suspicious as hell as a result.

Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 22:50 Restraining Order wrote:
This is roughly where it stands, I didn't dig through to get all the second numbers for the 8's and 11's, but those don't matter that much.

Sn0_man - 1, 1? could theoretically also be 2 or 3 I guess, but no reason to disbelieve it.
obviousone - 234?
Raynpelikoneet - 5, 1
Sinani206 - 7, 2
Visceraeyes - 10, 10
Geript - something huge, 18, 12? can't remember
strongandbig - 234? same first as caller
Caller - 234? same first as snb, larger second
restraining order - 6, 2
Meapak_ziphh - 6, 3+
artanis[xp] - 11
sharrant - 11
gonzaw - 8
Austinmcc - 8
Keirathi - 8
Palmar - 8
Mocsta - 8
Shelvocke - 8
Deconduo - 8
Vivax - 8, 1
Oatmaster - 8, 1
billmurray - either 8 or didn't send
Yamato77 - not sent, tried 11

lolList. Scum.

But what about scumreads? Let's find out!
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 03:39 Restraining Order wrote:
On April 06 2013 03:22 Keirathi wrote:
On April 06 2013 03:03 Caller wrote:
On April 06 2013 03:00 Keirathi wrote:
On April 06 2013 02:57 Caller wrote:
Someone asked me why I FOS Keirathi a while back. I'll tell you why. Look at his post history. It's all posts of "being helpful" and "discussing the format" and "lightly criticizing one of these bullshit plans." All typical red-as-fuck mafia scumbaggery. It was shit like that that made me shoot GMarshal Night 0 (whom was a mafia roleblocker that time). And don't forget that since nobody has a role yet, there's absolutely no reason for anybody to be acting like a blue, because there aren't any blues! So if they're fishy and scummy and CLEARLY NOT BLUE, what does this mean? I"ll say it. Keirathi is fucking scum.

Rofl, okay Caller.

And how, exactly, is that different from what a townie would do? Are townies never helpful? Do townies not discuss the setup? Do townies not criticize bullshit plans?

they do, but they also scumhunt. you haven't even tried to scumhunt. Townies especially don't just pontificate about the setup and try to "win arguments" like your post history shows. due to laziness i'm would rather not bother dissecting it on a case by case basis for the proles, but i will if i have to.

But really, over half of the thread hasn't been scumhunting, so why me and not, say, Palmar? deconduo? VE? I can keep listing people, but this conversation is pointless.

And I would lynch all of those people.

On April 06 2013 03:27 gonzaw wrote:
You could say about Keirathi the same as many other players I think (Artanis, austin, ObviousOne some more perhaps) who are still "trying to help" yet not scumhunting in a meaningful way (if not to appear they contribute and stuff), if not just not scumhunting at all.

And I would lynch all of those people.

Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 08:59 Restraining Order wrote:
On April 06 2013 08:58 Mocsta wrote:
On April 06 2013 08:57 Restraining Order wrote:
I'm not particularily interested in lynching geript.

I'm null on him, and he's not a good lynch in terms of policy either.

Alternative then pls?

Or are you just planning to cock-block this game?

The ones I noted in my last post before, plus Vivax and sno.

Those are people I am interested in lynching.

So RO wants to lynch inside [Caller, Palmar, Decon, VE, Kierathi, Artanis, austin, OO, Vivax, sn0] before D1 starts. That's cool I guess, but some of those names sound familiar. Where have I seen those names before?

Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 11:15 Restraining Order wrote:
gonzaw
Austinmcc
Keirathi
Palmar

Mocsta

These 5 players picked [8] as their first numbers.
This means, at least 4 of those 5 are town.

On April 05 2013 11:13 Mocsta wrote:
On April 05 2013 11:09 yamato77 wrote:
I went 11,11

wtf how am I bottom

BM musta chose 11,11 too

Not really, sharrant picked 11 as first number too, and is above the 8's.
The host likely didn't receive his PM.


Oh that's right. In that OTHER post where he made a list and said "4/5 are townies", he wants to lynch 3/5 of them.

RestrainingOrder is SCUM and should be the D1 lynch.

lol
Don't let me stop you.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 06 2013 00:54 GMT
#895
On April 06 2013 03:52 Caller wrote:
although now that i think about it he was the one that attacked my initial accusation on keirathi, didn't he? Could be some mutual chainsaw defense sorta thing going on here ~

I wouldn't call it attacking, more like I wanted to know exactly what was up because I do not feel that Keirathi is scum based on what I've seen for far. Keirathi being friendly and helpful improved my town play in RED (granted, that all happened AFTER his confirmed town mason claim) but I just don't agree with you on helpfulness being a scum tell, at least from Keirathi.

BTW, [3][16] since you asked so kindly.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 06 2013 00:59 GMT
#896
On April 06 2013 09:47 Restraining Order wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 09:42 VisceraEyes wrote:
VisceraEyes Pre-Dawn Lynch Preference of Wrath

RestrainingOrder - RestrainingOrder first popped onto my radar in my first readthrough before commenting on Yamato's idea. This post.
On April 04 2013 19:58 Restraining Order wrote:
The thing is denying mafia roles doesn't work too well anyways, and on top of that, if you try to coordinate it, it works even less.

The rolecop-rolevig combo alone has 2-3 possibilities on either end of the deal. (rolecop, capitalist, extractor & assassin, rolevig)
Sure, you might be a hero and get exactly the one they try to pick, but it's a crapshoot, and mafia inherently has the pickorder advantage due to possible coordination.

Rather, think about it like this: certain roles are not desireable for mafia to pick. Those roles, you don't pick early in the draft order. This includes all investigative roles (apart from rolecop), dreamflower, things like that. Not picking those in, say, the upper half, will mean more roles for town overall.
But having VTs is also very informative, so you really don't need to mind either way.

Ultimately the logic behind this post is fairly sound. But upon further inspection, you'll find that all it really does is say "planning for the pick phase is futile, and doesn't matter". Why not just say that? Why go to the extra effort of explaining it in the throes of a huge planning session when it's clear it's just going to get ignored by people who are expending effort planning? It's a throw-away post that affects nothing and accomplishes nothing.

He proceeds to have a rather meaningless back and forth with rayn, which ultimately ends up with rayn having a scumread on him. Most of it is "You said" "No I didn't". But what I found interesting during this exchange was this post.
On April 05 2013 03:37 Restraining Order wrote:
On April 05 2013 03:33 Oatsmaster wrote:
On April 05 2013 03:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On April 05 2013 03:28 Restraining Order wrote:
Ok, you can keep townhunting them townreads if you want, I sent in my numbers already. They shouldn't be too obtrusive to whatever nonsense you'll come up with, so it's okay.

This is like a scumclaim.


elaborate why not wanting to discuss your plan is scummy please.

You must have forgotten, but you also think I'm mafia.


What is the town motivation for posting this? Like, assuming RO is town and he doesn't know what Oats' alignment is, what is the point of prodding Oats when he's soft-defending him like that? As scum it could serve to cast doubt on Oats if Oats is town, but what does it do if RO is town? I can't think of anything, and I found this post suspicious as hell as a result.

On April 05 2013 22:50 Restraining Order wrote:
This is roughly where it stands, I didn't dig through to get all the second numbers for the 8's and 11's, but those don't matter that much.

Sn0_man - 1, 1? could theoretically also be 2 or 3 I guess, but no reason to disbelieve it.
obviousone - 234?
Raynpelikoneet - 5, 1
Sinani206 - 7, 2
Visceraeyes - 10, 10
Geript - something huge, 18, 12? can't remember
strongandbig - 234? same first as caller
Caller - 234? same first as snb, larger second
restraining order - 6, 2
Meapak_ziphh - 6, 3+
artanis[xp] - 11
sharrant - 11
gonzaw - 8
Austinmcc - 8
Keirathi - 8
Palmar - 8
Mocsta - 8
Shelvocke - 8
Deconduo - 8
Vivax - 8, 1
Oatmaster - 8, 1
billmurray - either 8 or didn't send
Yamato77 - not sent, tried 11

lolList. Scum.

But what about scumreads? Let's find out!
On April 06 2013 03:39 Restraining Order wrote:
On April 06 2013 03:22 Keirathi wrote:
On April 06 2013 03:03 Caller wrote:
On April 06 2013 03:00 Keirathi wrote:
On April 06 2013 02:57 Caller wrote:
Someone asked me why I FOS Keirathi a while back. I'll tell you why. Look at his post history. It's all posts of "being helpful" and "discussing the format" and "lightly criticizing one of these bullshit plans." All typical red-as-fuck mafia scumbaggery. It was shit like that that made me shoot GMarshal Night 0 (whom was a mafia roleblocker that time). And don't forget that since nobody has a role yet, there's absolutely no reason for anybody to be acting like a blue, because there aren't any blues! So if they're fishy and scummy and CLEARLY NOT BLUE, what does this mean? I"ll say it. Keirathi is fucking scum.

Rofl, okay Caller.

And how, exactly, is that different from what a townie would do? Are townies never helpful? Do townies not discuss the setup? Do townies not criticize bullshit plans?

they do, but they also scumhunt. you haven't even tried to scumhunt. Townies especially don't just pontificate about the setup and try to "win arguments" like your post history shows. due to laziness i'm would rather not bother dissecting it on a case by case basis for the proles, but i will if i have to.

But really, over half of the thread hasn't been scumhunting, so why me and not, say, Palmar? deconduo? VE? I can keep listing people, but this conversation is pointless.

And I would lynch all of those people.

On April 06 2013 03:27 gonzaw wrote:
You could say about Keirathi the same as many other players I think (Artanis, austin, ObviousOne some more perhaps) who are still "trying to help" yet not scumhunting in a meaningful way (if not to appear they contribute and stuff), if not just not scumhunting at all.

And I would lynch all of those people.

On April 06 2013 08:59 Restraining Order wrote:
On April 06 2013 08:58 Mocsta wrote:
On April 06 2013 08:57 Restraining Order wrote:
I'm not particularily interested in lynching geript.

I'm null on him, and he's not a good lynch in terms of policy either.

Alternative then pls?

Or are you just planning to cock-block this game?

The ones I noted in my last post before, plus Vivax and sno.

Those are people I am interested in lynching.

So RO wants to lynch inside [Caller, Palmar, Decon, VE, Kierathi, Artanis, austin, OO, Vivax, sn0] before D1 starts. That's cool I guess, but some of those names sound familiar. Where have I seen those names before?

On April 05 2013 11:15 Restraining Order wrote:
gonzaw
Austinmcc
Keirathi
Palmar

Mocsta

These 5 players picked [8] as their first numbers.
This means, at least 4 of those 5 are town.

On April 05 2013 11:13 Mocsta wrote:
On April 05 2013 11:09 yamato77 wrote:
I went 11,11

wtf how am I bottom

BM musta chose 11,11 too

Not really, sharrant picked 11 as first number too, and is above the 8's.
The host likely didn't receive his PM.


Oh that's right. In that OTHER post where he made a list and said "4/5 are townies", he wants to lynch 3/5 of them.

RestrainingOrder is SCUM and should be the D1 lynch.

lol

Yes....YES....laugh all the way to the gallows my friend. Your laughter is music to my ears. THE MELODY IS STRIKING!!!!!
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Restraining Order
Profile Joined February 2013
Qatar276 Posts
April 06 2013 00:59 GMT
#897
In fact, I'm just going to quote myself on this matter.
On April 05 2013 11:30 Restraining Order wrote:
Pick assassin and try to kill me with [RED] please.

That way I don't actually die to your stupidity.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll stop reading your posts henceforth.

Wouldn't be a problem if you'd actually think I'm mafia
Don't let me stop you.
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 06 2013 01:02 GMT
#898
VE is town
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Restraining Order
Profile Joined February 2013
Qatar276 Posts
April 06 2013 01:02 GMT
#899
On April 06 2013 10:02 Bill Murray wrote:
VE is town

No.
Don't let me stop you.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 06 2013 01:03 GMT
#900
On April 06 2013 09:59 Restraining Order wrote:
In fact, I'm just going to quote myself on this matter.
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 11:30 Restraining Order wrote:
Pick assassin and try to kill me with [RED] please.

That way I don't actually die to your stupidity.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll stop reading your posts henceforth.

Wouldn't be a problem if you'd actually think I'm mafia

I'll indulge your soft town claim for a moment and simply ask you why your list contains 9 people. If you can justify all 9 in some way at least we'll know whether or not you're talking the breeze with these myriad suspicions.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 210 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 119
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2223
GuemChi 688
Leta 111
Bale 30
ajuk12(nOOB) 23
Noble 15
Icarus 11
Dota 2
febbydoto22
League of Legends
JimRising 622
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King171
Other Games
summit1g7111
C9.Mang0261
Sick152
ViBE92
Happy44
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick461
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• killerbeecast0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2182
League of Legends
• Lourlo1259
• Stunt464
Other Games
• Shiphtur495
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 51m
Patches Events
9h 51m
The PondCast
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.