• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:08
CEST 15:08
KST 22:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8267 users

Chrono Trigger Mafia - Page 57

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 384 Next
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
November 22 2012 07:09 GMT
#1121
Cause Kush doesnt want to answer questions... Kush IS DEFINATELY FLIPPING TOWN.
and Im thinking that marv is 3rd party actually, he doesnt really seem engaged emotionally at all. Started a random syllo wagon and didnt really justify it.
No gg, No skill.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
November 22 2012 07:11 GMT
#1122
GK: it seems to me that scum want to be elected leader (an assumption but ah well, I have to go with what I have) or at least be a party member, since there were only two candidates who seemed like they would take each other in thier parties I was deeply unhappy. If scum wants be leader (which I believe) than one of Sand or Syllo must be scum. Otherwise a strong candidate would have appeared to oppose them, since that had not appeared I assumed that mafia was content with what we were doing and I was not content with that.

As I said pre-game I am trying to change the way I play. I can't commit the time I have in the past and I am trying to remain an active town asset despite that. If you don't trust me yet that is fine, I'm playing differently than I ever have before and, for some reason people still think I'm a great scum player, you'll realize that I'm town eventually. My activity will always be in spurts.

Kita may not be the best leader but he is better than Syllo/Sand (though I would vote Syllo over sand) and I hate the party you chose. I think that Kita has a chance to be party leader and has a better chance of being town than Sand or Syllo. His town reads also agree with mine.

Syllo: please answer my earlier questions.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
November 22 2012 07:12 GMT
#1123
Syllo, what are your thoughts on Kitaman.

I am trying to grasp if he is taking this game seriously when he delivers a list of 'reads' with as lousy reasoning as he did.

I've seen him play well as both scum and town, and this doesn't look similar to either.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
November 22 2012 07:17 GMT
#1124
@Syllo
I think that it is a better idea to talk about your party members and give reasoning rather than keeping it quiet, at least for the first cycle. This way it gives us more info about the players and your reads on them which will help us when the flips start happening.
No gg, No skill.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
November 22 2012 07:23 GMT
#1125
On November 22 2012 16:17 Oatsmaster wrote:
@Syllo
I think that it is a better idea to talk about your party members and give reasoning rather than keeping it quiet, at least for the first cycle. This way it gives us more info about the players and your reads on them which will help us when the flips start happening.

What do you think about my point that party leader candidates expressing who they plan to choose as their party giving mafia extra influence as to who they want to vote to elect in the event that one of the candidates has a scum member in their proposed parties while the others might not?
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
November 22 2012 07:27 GMT
#1126
On November 22 2012 16:11 Promethelax wrote:
GK: it seems to me that scum want to be elected leader (an assumption but ah well, I have to go with what I have) or at least be a party member, since there were only two candidates who seemed like they would take each other in thier parties I was deeply unhappy. If scum wants be leader (which I believe) than one of Sand or Syllo must be scum. Otherwise a strong candidate would have appeared to oppose them, since that had not appeared I assumed that mafia was content with what we were doing and I was not content with that.

As I said pre-game I am trying to change the way I play. I can't commit the time I have in the past and I am trying to remain an active town asset despite that. If you don't trust me yet that is fine, I'm playing differently than I ever have before and, for some reason people still think I'm a great scum player, you'll realize that I'm town eventually. My activity will always be in spurts.

Kita may not be the best leader but he is better than Syllo/Sand (though I would vote Syllo over sand) and I hate the party you chose. I think that Kita has a chance to be party leader and has a better chance of being town than Sand or Syllo. His town reads also agree with mine.

Syllo: please answer my earlier questions.


I understand your concerns about a scum party leader winning day one, but I still don't see any reason why Kita is any less likely to fit that bill. He gained zero momentum until now, and I would speculate that from a scum perspective that is because scum would not vote their candidate without some support jumping onto it. Speculation to be sure, but I don't see any reason why he's less likely to be scum than syllo/sand. Also keep in mind that sand upfront gave syllo "veto powers." Imagine how unnecessary (and ridiculous) a move that would be from a scum perspective, when sand had at that point gained considerable momentum in his campaign and had nothing to gain as scum for making such a statement.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
November 22 2012 07:34 GMT
#1127
On November 22 2012 16:27 goodkarma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2012 16:11 Promethelax wrote:
GK: it seems to me that scum want to be elected leader (an assumption but ah well, I have to go with what I have) or at least be a party member, since there were only two candidates who seemed like they would take each other in thier parties I was deeply unhappy. If scum wants be leader (which I believe) than one of Sand or Syllo must be scum. Otherwise a strong candidate would have appeared to oppose them, since that had not appeared I assumed that mafia was content with what we were doing and I was not content with that.

As I said pre-game I am trying to change the way I play. I can't commit the time I have in the past and I am trying to remain an active town asset despite that. If you don't trust me yet that is fine, I'm playing differently than I ever have before and, for some reason people still think I'm a great scum player, you'll realize that I'm town eventually. My activity will always be in spurts.

Kita may not be the best leader but he is better than Syllo/Sand (though I would vote Syllo over sand) and I hate the party you chose. I think that Kita has a chance to be party leader and has a better chance of being town than Sand or Syllo. His town reads also agree with mine.

Syllo: please answer my earlier questions.


I understand your concerns about a scum party leader winning day one, but I still don't see any reason why Kita is any less likely to fit that bill. He gained zero momentum until now, and I would speculate that from a scum perspective that is because scum would not vote their candidate without some support jumping onto it. Speculation to be sure, but I don't see any reason why he's less likely to be scum than syllo/sand. Also keep in mind that sand upfront gave syllo "veto powers." Imagine how unnecessary (and ridiculous) a move that would be from a scum perspective, when sand had at that point gained considerable momentum in his campaign and had nothing to gain as scum for making such a statement.


Have you read their games? They are each others' foils. If Syllo had vouched for Sand, Sand 100% would have won the election. Explain the no scum motivation.

anyways I'm off to sleep. See you all tomorrow in ~13 hours, best of luck guys.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 22 2012 07:45 GMT
#1128
On November 22 2012 16:23 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2012 16:17 Oatsmaster wrote:
@Syllo
I think that it is a better idea to talk about your party members and give reasoning rather than keeping it quiet, at least for the first cycle. This way it gives us more info about the players and your reads on them which will help us when the flips start happening.

What do you think about my point that party leader candidates expressing who they plan to choose as their party giving mafia extra influence as to who they want to vote to elect in the event that one of the candidates has a scum member in their proposed parties while the others might not?

This is absolutely true, although we don't know whether 1 mafia is enough for an event to fail. Balance wise I think it makes sense for that to be case, unless the party consists of townies with a high hidden factor numbers.

I'm not going to reveal who I am going to pick. I may do that after the day post if that is necessary; that is to say, if the event fails.
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
November 22 2012 07:48 GMT
#1129
On November 22 2012 16:45 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2012 16:23 Keirathi wrote:
On November 22 2012 16:17 Oatsmaster wrote:
@Syllo
I think that it is a better idea to talk about your party members and give reasoning rather than keeping it quiet, at least for the first cycle. This way it gives us more info about the players and your reads on them which will help us when the flips start happening.

What do you think about my point that party leader candidates expressing who they plan to choose as their party giving mafia extra influence as to who they want to vote to elect in the event that one of the candidates has a scum member in their proposed parties while the others might not?

This is absolutely true, although we don't know whether 1 mafia is enough for an event to fail. Balance wise I think it makes sense for that to be case, unless the party consists of townies with a high hidden factor numbers.

I'm not going to reveal who I am going to pick. I may do that after the day post if that is necessary; that is to say, if the event fails.


I like your logic regarding this point. I would like to point out that the party is going to be revealed automatically in the next day post by the host.
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
November 22 2012 07:50 GMT
#1130
I think the hosts said the team would be in the daypost.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 22 2012 07:52 GMT
#1131
On November 22 2012 16:12 Adam4167 wrote:
Syllo, what are your thoughts on Kitaman.

I am trying to grasp if he is taking this game seriously when he delivers a list of 'reads' with as lousy reasoning as he did.

I've seen him play well as both scum and town, and this doesn't look similar to either.

I don't currently find him particularly suspicious. Some elements of his posts point towards him being interested in figuring things out and nothing stands out as clearly mafia motivated. When he puts in effort his mafia play is good, however.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 22 2012 07:53 GMT
#1132
When I said I may reveal who I am going to pick after the day post, I meant that I might explain why I picked the team I did, not just list the names as that is obviously unnecessary
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
November 22 2012 07:58 GMT
#1133
On November 22 2012 16:53 syllogism wrote:
When I said I may reveal who I am going to pick after the day post, I meant that I might explain why I picked the team I did, not just list the names as that is obviously unnecessary

What? What benefit would it be not to explain the reasoning for why you picked them?
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
November 22 2012 08:02 GMT
#1134
Ok I guess that withholding your party leaders makes sense, HOWEVER, if the leader is not town, Town will start off extremely badly..
Its high risk/reward.
I really think that the party leader should share party members at least in this cycle....
This will help town have more information :D
No gg, No skill.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 22 2012 08:02 GMT
#1135
On November 22 2012 16:58 risk.nuke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2012 16:53 syllogism wrote:
When I said I may reveal who I am going to pick after the day post, I meant that I might explain why I picked the team I did, not just list the names as that is obviously unnecessary

What? What benefit would it be not to explain the reasoning for why you picked them?

If the mission is a success and everyone considers me town anyway I don't think that's necessary and I would then rather be lazy.
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
November 22 2012 08:13 GMT
#1136
On November 22 2012 17:02 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2012 16:58 risk.nuke wrote:
On November 22 2012 16:53 syllogism wrote:
When I said I may reveal who I am going to pick after the day post, I meant that I might explain why I picked the team I did, not just list the names as that is obviously unnecessary

What? What benefit would it be not to explain the reasoning for why you picked them?

If the mission is a success and everyone considers me town anyway I don't think that's necessary and I would then rather be lazy.

I'm not a fan of your lazy-when-I-feel-like-it strategy. It still feels like you should have your reads on why you picked your team already. It shouldn't be that much of an effort to scribble them down.

What do you think of leader-candidates outside you and sandroba? (feel free to ignore kitaman)
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 22 2012 08:22 GMT
#1137
On November 22 2012 17:13 risk.nuke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2012 17:02 syllogism wrote:
On November 22 2012 16:58 risk.nuke wrote:
On November 22 2012 16:53 syllogism wrote:
When I said I may reveal who I am going to pick after the day post, I meant that I might explain why I picked the team I did, not just list the names as that is obviously unnecessary

What? What benefit would it be not to explain the reasoning for why you picked them?

If the mission is a success and everyone considers me town anyway I don't think that's necessary and I would then rather be lazy.

I'm not a fan of your lazy-when-I-feel-like-it strategy. It still feels like you should have your reads on why you picked your team already. It shouldn't be that much of an effort to scribble them down.

What do you think of leader-candidates outside you and sandroba? (feel free to ignore kitaman)

Acro seems like the only other serious candidate and I do not like his play so far. The most recent post of his that I found off was the one where he suggested for Frog should attempt to run a campaign without claiming and he based this on, in my view, laughable suggestion that frog was a playable character in the first mission of the game. It seemed like a complete fluff post rather than a serious well-thought of suggestion.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
November 22 2012 08:26 GMT
#1138
@syllo that was me quickly reading through the thread and answering stuff after going out. I ignored your mafia question because honestly I'm not putting too much thought into it. When I can't acertain the dude is town I pretty much dismiss it till later, since so far we can't really do much about it. I'm kinda hurt that you think there is a >50% chance that I'm mafia. </3
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
November 22 2012 08:27 GMT
#1139
What do you think about Die's claim?
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
November 22 2012 08:29 GMT
#1140
I'll probably be taking oats/die/kush (if he doesnt die).
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 384 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 601
Railgan 60
MindelVK 24
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68375
Calm 10808
Rain 2418
Bisu 2226
FanTaSy 800
Stork 671
Rush 506
soO 481
Soma 247
Snow 218
[ Show more ]
firebathero 213
Last 177
Light 109
Mind 95
hero 88
Pusan 86
Sea.KH 71
Sharp 56
Free 42
ToSsGirL 41
Trap 39
Bale 36
Mong 31
Hm[arnc] 29
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Sexy 16
HiyA 15
yabsab 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Rock 5
Terrorterran 5
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8449
Dendi889
Counter-Strike
fl0m2969
byalli807
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
Other Games
gofns38078
singsing2300
B2W.Neo635
Liquid`RaSZi338
Pyrionflax241
Beastyqt135
Hui .113
Happy57
Trikslyr45
Chillindude17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 104
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
• Response 7
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV493
League of Legends
• Jankos2960
• Nemesis2920
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1355
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 52m
OSC
9h 52m
Replay Cast
9h 52m
OSC
22h 52m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.