• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:54
CEST 00:54
KST 07:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9183 users

Chrono Trigger Mafia - Page 36

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 384 Next
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
November 21 2012 15:08 GMT
#701
On November 21 2012 23:56 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 23:54 goodkarma wrote:
On November 21 2012 23:29 Oatsmaster wrote:
LOL why would you say that the case is good?
Marv, goodkarma, other people who were in this thread a moment ago.
I would like your opinons on this case?


Clarity has not been very helpful to town thus far, if that's what you were getting at in your case.

In a standard game, it would certainly be a bit disconcerting that he has picked easy targets and "safe" conversation points for discussion, but at present I would say this covers the majority of people. In fact, your case ironically is only the third scum case of the game...

In this particular game it would seem that people are putting more time presently into determining who their leader should be than determining who's scum. Whether this is right or wrong is a fair point of debate, but as it currently stands Clarity does not stand out to me as scum. I definitely don't like his play to date, but I consider him presently a null read.

i disagree

We act like a normal game hunt the scum that way easier to pick up who is town.

Nominate those people for the team.


To date there hasn't been that much scumhunting. I've already argued to death with Toad about the approach that should be taken in this game. Let's just agree we should both town and scumhunt and leave it at that...


For me, I am going to take a process of elimination type approach for this particular game. That will help me to focus on who is town and why for party selection. Then, by extension, those I can't confirm as town will be my prime scum suspects.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 21 2012 15:11 GMT
#702
On November 21 2012 11:17 sandroba wrote:
I hereby declare I want to lead you simpletons to victory. My party selection will be as following: I will choose 3 of the less known players who I read as town at the end of the day to compose the party. The reasoning is that this mechanic will greatly favor town in attempting to confirm players. This is better done for players less likely to get shot for 2 reasons: 1) They have less meta information available on them therefore harder to read. 2) Vets/Well known players are likely to get killed n1 if they are town, even more so given a successful mission, mitigating some of the advantage town might get. This serves to both preserve the good/known players and to keep the confirmed/likely town around longer.
I'd like everyone to chime in on this subject of party selection and help come to the optimum way of doing things.

tone: lol
content: I worry that this might be overestimating the importance of figuring out which players are town, and underestimating the importance of actually winning the minigames. Remember, this was the game where the hosts warned that it might be impossible to balance, that implies to me that things other than just finding scum to kill might be important.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
November 21 2012 15:12 GMT
#703
On November 22 2012 00:11 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 11:17 sandroba wrote:
I hereby declare I want to lead you simpletons to victory. My party selection will be as following: I will choose 3 of the less known players who I read as town at the end of the day to compose the party. The reasoning is that this mechanic will greatly favor town in attempting to confirm players. This is better done for players less likely to get shot for 2 reasons: 1) They have less meta information available on them therefore harder to read. 2) Vets/Well known players are likely to get killed n1 if they are town, even more so given a successful mission, mitigating some of the advantage town might get. This serves to both preserve the good/known players and to keep the confirmed/likely town around longer.
I'd like everyone to chime in on this subject of party selection and help come to the optimum way of doing things.

tone: lol
content: I worry that this might be overestimating the importance of figuring out which players are town, and underestimating the importance of actually winning the minigames. Remember, this was the game where the hosts warned that it might be impossible to balance, that implies to me that things other than just finding scum to kill might be important.

Woah woah woah, that sounds like setup speculation. Better stop that asap
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 21 2012 15:14 GMT
#704
On November 21 2012 11:30 kushm4sta wrote:
IMO:
Put the scummiest people on the team.
The event will probably involve losing hp. We want scum to lose hp. Also it will give us more play to analyze.


this is a terrible idea, see above
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
November 21 2012 15:15 GMT
#705
On November 22 2012 00:07 Clarity_nl wrote:
Goodkarma do you still believe we should be focusing on townhunting until there is a possibility to lynch?
-snip-



At the very least, I believe we should townhunt until we have chosen a party leader. If we argue who is scum, while working towards choosing who is town for our party, I fear we'll get a bit overwhelmed. Scumhunting very well might derail conversations for party selection, and townhunting might derail scumhunting discussions...

I am a strong supporter of establishing scum by process of elimination this game for that reason, and this is the approach I plan on taking as I just discussed in my last post.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 21 2012 15:15 GMT
#706
On November 22 2012 00:12 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2012 00:11 strongandbig wrote:
On November 21 2012 11:17 sandroba wrote:
I hereby declare I want to lead you simpletons to victory. My party selection will be as following: I will choose 3 of the less known players who I read as town at the end of the day to compose the party. The reasoning is that this mechanic will greatly favor town in attempting to confirm players. This is better done for players less likely to get shot for 2 reasons: 1) They have less meta information available on them therefore harder to read. 2) Vets/Well known players are likely to get killed n1 if they are town, even more so given a successful mission, mitigating some of the advantage town might get. This serves to both preserve the good/known players and to keep the confirmed/likely town around longer.
I'd like everyone to chime in on this subject of party selection and help come to the optimum way of doing things.

tone: lol
content: I worry that this might be overestimating the importance of figuring out which players are town, and underestimating the importance of actually winning the minigames. Remember, this was the game where the hosts warned that it might be impossible to balance, that implies to me that things other than just finding scum to kill might be important.

Woah woah woah, that sounds like setup speculation. Better stop that asap


lol

don't sail the tides of time without a tiller

(also don't mix your metaphors without good ice and a shaker)
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
November 21 2012 15:16 GMT
#707
My vote is probably going to sandroba. Second hand knowledge from Looney mafia suggests that he'll have everyone in the game crapping their pants by this time tomorrow.

If I by some miracle were voted leader, I'd pick my party members based on apparent knowledge of chrono trigger garnered from the pregame. My ability to make confident day 1 reads is abysmal. I'll still do it, just don't expect me to be right...like ever.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 21 2012 15:17 GMT
#708
I can assure you I will perform no pants-crapping.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 21 2012 15:18 GMT
#709
On November 22 2012 00:15 goodkarma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2012 00:07 Clarity_nl wrote:
Goodkarma do you still believe we should be focusing on townhunting until there is a possibility to lynch?
-snip-



At the very least, I believe we should townhunt until we have chosen a party leader. If we argue who is scum, while working towards choosing who is town for our party, I fear we'll get a bit overwhelmed. Scumhunting very well might derail conversations for party selection, and townhunting might derail scumhunting discussions...

I am a strong supporter of establishing scum by process of elimination this game for that reason, and this is the approach I plan on taking as I just discussed in my last post.


What do you think about this: We want to consolidate on who to elect rather quickly, or at least narrow the field significantly.
Once we've done that everyone but the elected person can go scumhunting, people end up finding town when they scumhunt anyway. As long as the elected person is transparent about his reads and choices, we can simply read his analysis rather than have 20 people make their own.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
November 21 2012 15:20 GMT
#710
Holy fuck this thread is so long and 99% of it is about who are we voting leader, which I really don't care about.
Not much thought put into this decision but
##vote sandroba
Good town, easy to distinguish town from scum.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
November 21 2012 15:21 GMT
#711
On November 22 2012 00:18 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2012 00:15 goodkarma wrote:
On November 22 2012 00:07 Clarity_nl wrote:
Goodkarma do you still believe we should be focusing on townhunting until there is a possibility to lynch?
-snip-



At the very least, I believe we should townhunt until we have chosen a party leader. If we argue who is scum, while working towards choosing who is town for our party, I fear we'll get a bit overwhelmed. Scumhunting very well might derail conversations for party selection, and townhunting might derail scumhunting discussions...

I am a strong supporter of establishing scum by process of elimination this game for that reason, and this is the approach I plan on taking as I just discussed in my last post.


What do you think about this: We want to consolidate on who to elect rather quickly, or at least narrow the field significantly.
Once we've done that everyone but the elected person can go scumhunting, people end up finding town when they scumhunt anyway. As long as the elected person is transparent about his reads and choices, we can simply read his analysis rather than have 20 people make their own.

I'd like people to start using the votethread in that case so we can get some consensus. Also:
On November 21 2012 23:38 Mementoss wrote:
I don't know if it was clear in the OP but the voting system is plurality not majority, aka the person with the most votes wins, in event of a tie, the person who got to that number first wins.

Town will make it happen one way or another, it always happens. Scum hunt as you normally would and let the theme take care of itself.
##Vote: sandroba
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 21 2012 15:22 GMT
#712
Can you guys explain why you have such strong town reads on sand? I really don't see it.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 21 2012 15:27 GMT
#713
Can someone link me a game where kush is mafia, thanks
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
November 21 2012 15:27 GMT
#714
On November 22 2012 00:22 Clarity_nl wrote:
Can you guys explain why you have such strong town reads on sand? I really don't see it.

Oh, I don't have a strong townread on him, but I believe him to be a strong town player that most people believe is easy to distinguish his town play from his scum play.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
November 21 2012 15:27 GMT
#715
On November 22 2012 00:20 kushm4sta wrote:
Holy fuck this thread is so long and 99% of it is about who are we voting leader, which I really don't care about.
Not much thought put into this decision but
##vote sandroba
Good town, easy to distinguish town from scum.

trying to act like shit on purpose kush to match your meta?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
November 21 2012 15:29 GMT
#716
On November 22 2012 00:20 kushm4sta wrote:
Holy fuck this thread is so long and 99% of it is about who are we voting leader, which I really don't care about.
Not much thought put into this decision but
##vote sandroba
Good town, easy to distinguish town from scum.

Do you care about who goes on missions? Earlier you said you wanted to send scummy people on missions. Do you still want to do that? Additionally, what did you mean with sending scummy people would give us more to analyse?
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
November 21 2012 15:30 GMT
#717
On November 22 2012 00:27 syllogism wrote:
Can someone link me a game where kush is mafia, thanks

GSL Open II - Scum Kushm4sta
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 21 2012 15:30 GMT
#718
On November 22 2012 00:27 syllogism wrote:
Can someone link me a game where kush is mafia, thanks


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=370487&user=200457
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
November 21 2012 15:33 GMT
#719
On November 22 2012 00:27 syllogism wrote:
Can someone link me a game where kush is mafia, thanks


Here you are: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=367548

It was his very first game as scum though irrc his filter
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
November 21 2012 15:34 GMT
#720
And speaking of old opinions. Acrofales, do you still advocate sending a team containing mostly vets. If not explain which reasons made you change your mind?
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 384 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O155
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1074
ZZZero.O 155
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm122
League of Legends
Doublelift5296
JimRising 693
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5573
Other Games
summit1g8793
FrodaN2999
KnowMe206
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1017
• Shiphtur184
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6m
CranKy Ducklings1
Afreeca Starleague
11h 6m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 6m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 6m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.