• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:44
CEST 06:44
KST 13:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8152 users

Aperture Mafia 2: Portal Edition - Page 18

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 95 Next
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
October 01 2012 21:09 GMT
#341
@Keir: I'll give you something to argue about as soon as I'm done writing it. Still convinced Nisani is scum?
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 01 2012 21:11 GMT
#342
On October 02 2012 06:05 ghost_403 wrote:
JH, why are you spending so much time defending yourself instead of just hunting for scum? And austin, why are you taking part of this conversation? I'm trying to figure out what the two of you are actually talking about, and I can't figure it out.


Ghost, hunt for scum first, then question the amount of scumhunting I've done.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 01 2012 21:11 GMT
#343
On October 02 2012 06:09 ghost_403 wrote:
@Keir: I'll give you something to argue about as soon as I'm done writing it. Still convinced Nisani is scum?

I wouldn't say that I'm convinced that he is scum. But yes, he is the person I feel strongest about. His posts regarding me reek of someone with extra information.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
October 01 2012 21:15 GMT
#344
On October 02 2012 06:11 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 06:09 ghost_403 wrote:
@Keir: I'll give you something to argue about as soon as I'm done writing it. Still convinced Nisani is scum?

I wouldn't say that I'm convinced that he is scum. But yes, he is the person I feel strongest about. His posts regarding me reek of someone with extra information.


You're one of one person currently on that vote, best of my knowledge. If you're so convinced he's scum, why aren't you pushing for it in the thread?
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
October 01 2012 21:18 GMT
#345
On October 02 2012 05:36 ghost_403 wrote:
IMP doesn't read like scum to me at a moment. I didn't see anything substantial in the cases presented in the thread to change my mind on that at the moment.


Do you think that he would misrepresent you the way that he did as town?
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 01 2012 21:19 GMT
#346
On October 02 2012 06:15 ghost_403 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 06:11 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:09 ghost_403 wrote:
@Keir: I'll give you something to argue about as soon as I'm done writing it. Still convinced Nisani is scum?

I wouldn't say that I'm convinced that he is scum. But yes, he is the person I feel strongest about. His posts regarding me reek of someone with extra information.


You're one of one person currently on that vote, best of my knowledge. If you're so convinced he's scum, why aren't you pushing for it in the thread?

What else can I say? I voted for him, and tried to get people to read why and comment on it, but I was just ignored. Everyone is just giving him a null read (or maybe slightly scummy, but not enough to vote). So I settled for talking about the other ongoing cases and deciding if I find someone scummier than Nisani. I haven't yet.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
October 01 2012 21:21 GMT
#347
On October 02 2012 06:08 austinmcc wrote:
Mementoss, what's your read on Keirathi?


He's pretty null leaning town to me. The first bit was kinda awkward and I already explained my thoughts on that, but other than that he seems to be unafraid to post his mind openly and honestly. The only problem is his lack of scum hunting and not pushing his main scum reads at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 01 2012 21:23 GMT
#348
On October 02 2012 06:19 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 06:15 ghost_403 wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:11 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:09 ghost_403 wrote:
@Keir: I'll give you something to argue about as soon as I'm done writing it. Still convinced Nisani is scum?

I wouldn't say that I'm convinced that he is scum. But yes, he is the person I feel strongest about. His posts regarding me reek of someone with extra information.


You're one of one person currently on that vote, best of my knowledge. If you're so convinced he's scum, why aren't you pushing for it in the thread?

What else can I say? I voted for him, and tried to get people to read why and comment on it, but I was just ignored. Everyone is just giving him a null read (or maybe slightly scummy, but not enough to vote). So I settled for talking about the other ongoing cases and deciding if I find someone scummier than Nisani. I haven't yet.

EBWOP: What I mean is, the case isn't gaining traction, and I don't think I have enough to convince anyone off of their null reads to vote for him. He has very little in the way of content for people to analyze. Its getting down to crunch time and we're going to have to consolidate onto someone at some point. Last I looked, there were literally votes on 8 out of the 13 players. Continuing to push someone that isn't going to get lynched is useless.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 01 2012 21:26 GMT
#349
On October 02 2012 06:23 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 06:19 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:15 ghost_403 wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:11 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:09 ghost_403 wrote:
@Keir: I'll give you something to argue about as soon as I'm done writing it. Still convinced Nisani is scum?

I wouldn't say that I'm convinced that he is scum. But yes, he is the person I feel strongest about. His posts regarding me reek of someone with extra information.


You're one of one person currently on that vote, best of my knowledge. If you're so convinced he's scum, why aren't you pushing for it in the thread?

What else can I say? I voted for him, and tried to get people to read why and comment on it, but I was just ignored. Everyone is just giving him a null read (or maybe slightly scummy, but not enough to vote). So I settled for talking about the other ongoing cases and deciding if I find someone scummier than Nisani. I haven't yet.

EBWOP: What I mean is, the case isn't gaining traction, and I don't think I have enough to convince anyone off of their null reads to vote for him. He has very little in the way of content for people to analyze. Its getting down to crunch time and we're going to have to consolidate onto someone at some point. Last I looked, there were literally votes on 8 out of the 13 players. Continuing to push someone that isn't going to get lynched is useless.


We don't have to consolidate at all. Greymist is just being confusing.

This game is a simple majority lynch. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched.


From the OP. The description includes the word majority, but it's a simple majority, with the description not matching what we think of as "Majority lynch".
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 01 2012 21:29 GMT
#350
On October 02 2012 06:26 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 06:23 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:19 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:15 ghost_403 wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:11 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:09 ghost_403 wrote:
@Keir: I'll give you something to argue about as soon as I'm done writing it. Still convinced Nisani is scum?

I wouldn't say that I'm convinced that he is scum. But yes, he is the person I feel strongest about. His posts regarding me reek of someone with extra information.


You're one of one person currently on that vote, best of my knowledge. If you're so convinced he's scum, why aren't you pushing for it in the thread?

What else can I say? I voted for him, and tried to get people to read why and comment on it, but I was just ignored. Everyone is just giving him a null read (or maybe slightly scummy, but not enough to vote). So I settled for talking about the other ongoing cases and deciding if I find someone scummier than Nisani. I haven't yet.

EBWOP: What I mean is, the case isn't gaining traction, and I don't think I have enough to convince anyone off of their null reads to vote for him. He has very little in the way of content for people to analyze. Its getting down to crunch time and we're going to have to consolidate onto someone at some point. Last I looked, there were literally votes on 8 out of the 13 players. Continuing to push someone that isn't going to get lynched is useless.


We don't have to consolidate at all. Greymist is just being confusing.

Show nested quote +
This game is a simple majority lynch. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched.


From the OP. The description includes the word majority, but it's a simple majority, with the description not matching what we think of as "Majority lynch".

Yes, I realize that. Its basically plurality.

That doesn't mean we don't need to consolidate. Having votes out on 2/3 of the players in the game just gives scum a place to hide. IMO, we need a polarized vote so that scum are forced to pick a side and justify it.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 01 2012 21:30 GMT
#351
On October 02 2012 06:29 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 06:26 JingleHell wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:23 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:19 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:15 ghost_403 wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:11 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:09 ghost_403 wrote:
@Keir: I'll give you something to argue about as soon as I'm done writing it. Still convinced Nisani is scum?

I wouldn't say that I'm convinced that he is scum. But yes, he is the person I feel strongest about. His posts regarding me reek of someone with extra information.


You're one of one person currently on that vote, best of my knowledge. If you're so convinced he's scum, why aren't you pushing for it in the thread?

What else can I say? I voted for him, and tried to get people to read why and comment on it, but I was just ignored. Everyone is just giving him a null read (or maybe slightly scummy, but not enough to vote). So I settled for talking about the other ongoing cases and deciding if I find someone scummier than Nisani. I haven't yet.

EBWOP: What I mean is, the case isn't gaining traction, and I don't think I have enough to convince anyone off of their null reads to vote for him. He has very little in the way of content for people to analyze. Its getting down to crunch time and we're going to have to consolidate onto someone at some point. Last I looked, there were literally votes on 8 out of the 13 players. Continuing to push someone that isn't going to get lynched is useless.


We don't have to consolidate at all. Greymist is just being confusing.

This game is a simple majority lynch. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched.


From the OP. The description includes the word majority, but it's a simple majority, with the description not matching what we think of as "Majority lynch".

Yes, I realize that. Its basically plurality.

That doesn't mean we don't need to consolidate. Having votes out on 2/3 of the players in the game just gives scum a place to hide. IMO, we need a polarized vote so that scum are forced to pick a side and justify it.


So that we can argue WIFOM with each other regarding what votes mean, when the scum team will actually be divided anyways most likely?

No, the main reason I could imagine seeing that as critical would be if we were at MYLO, to make it a little harder for scum to swing last minute.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
October 01 2012 21:32 GMT
#352
I don't think that Keirathi is town this game, and right now, it boils down to two reasons. One, he's not scumhunting properly. Two, he doesn't care if his scum read gets lynched.

On October 02 2012 00:53 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2012 06:54 Nisani201 wrote:
On October 01 2012 06:25 Keirathi wrote:
As a bonus answer, Nisani is the other person (besides ghost) that I am particularly interested in right now. I feel like him jumping in to defend me against Drazerk because I was a "newbie" was taking advantage of an easy situation.

I recently played a game on another forum where I was pushed hard throughout the entire game because I made a small "newbie mistake" at the beginning. This game seems very similar and I don't want us to make the same mistake.

Not sure what to think of ghost, I think it's pretty stupid for anyone to vote Kei. I'm also not sure why drazerk took his vote off kei, since it doesn't look like anything really changed his mind.

I also think that Mementoss's "analysis" post was really stupid. It was a bad case on austin and the other half was him calling people town. He's on my radar but I'm still more confident in Drazerk.

Can we talk more about this guy?

1) Jumps in to white-knight the "newbie". Such an easy thing for scum to do, especially on day 1 in a relatively inactive game. Admittedly, a townie could do that too, but I find it hard to believe that a townie would have that strong of a conviction that I was town making a "newbie mistake" rather than a scum making a dumb one.

2) "I think its pretty stupid for anyone to vote Keir, but why did drazerk unvote Keir?"

Can anyone explain that logic? If its dumb for someone to vote me, why is it also dumb for someone with their vote on me to unvote me?

On October 02 2012 01:35 Keirathi wrote:
Anyways, I still want to lynch either Nisani or ghost.

I am loathe to give ghost a free pass for such atrocious reasoning, and then complete inactivity. He hasn't even attempted to explain himself, and I have trouble trying to conjecture a townie reasoning for it. My gut still says he is a VI-type role though, and it would make his play perfectly understandable.

Nisani on the otherhand, I can definitely believe is scum. His posts just reek of knowing my alignment beforehand.

##vote: Nisani201


I just talked to Keir about this, and he says he's pretty confident that Nisani is scum. Kind of weird considering that he's given so little reasoning for his vote. Let's take a moment to compare and contrast this to his initial vote on Mattchew:

On September 30 2012 11:21 Keirathi wrote:
So lets get this game really started:

Mattchew

I'm sure he has some town games somewhere in his filter, but every game I've seen him play in recent memory he's been scum (I Can't Believe Its Not Themed, DBZ, LVII). So what has he done this game?

Show nested quote +
On September 30 2012 08:35 Mattchew wrote:
Alright lets do this leeerrroooyy...

anyway i am town and actually intend to put a lot of effort and thought into this game.

I feel that the only person I havent played with(?) or atleast recognize them is crossfire99.

I will be reading up on him(her?) game history now

Claimed town.

Show nested quote +
On September 30 2012 09:30 Mattchew wrote:
I finished reading crossfire and eating dinner

someone that has played in the past aperture game, what was crucial to town winning?


Made sure we knew that he was town again.

Show nested quote +
On September 30 2012 09:33 Mattchew wrote:
also i will be away from my computer for around 45 minutes. lets get discussion started?

any thoughts to possible scum/town breakdowns? 10/3 9/4 9/2/2?

Started some pointless setup talk that hasn't actually generated useful discussion. I don't see any way that speculating on scum team/third party numbers is working towards finding scum. It's just bullshit to fill up the thread, and everyone regardless of alignment can reasonably comment on it.

So yea, I'm thinking Mattchew rolled scum yet again.

##Vote: Mattchew


This is his post in Mattchew. Here, he's taken the time to go back through Mattchew's previous games, and looked at what he had to say Day 1, accused him of setup discussion, and applied some pressure on him. At least that's what I'm assuming he was trying to do. He's put some time and effort into this case, which is funny, because he immediately throws it out the window.

Why on earth would Keirathi put time and effort into a case against mattchew, then immediately abandon it for another lackluster case? Why wouldn't a town Keirathi, at the very least, spend a minute or two looking through Nisani's previous games if he's so convinced he's scum? There's a clear disparity between the amount of effort he's put in on the first and on the second, and I can't see Keirathi doing that as town.

I'm also really upset with dialogs like this:
On October 02 2012 06:09 ghost_403 wrote:
@Keir: I'll give you something to argue about as soon as I'm done writing it. Still convinced Nisani is scum?

On October 02 2012 06:11 Keirathi wrote:
I wouldn't say that I'm convinced that he is scum. But yes, he is the person I feel strongest about. His posts regarding me reek of someone with extra information.

On October 02 2012 06:15 ghost_403 wrote:
You're one of one person currently on that vote, best of my knowledge. If you're so convinced he's scum, why aren't you pushing for it in the thread?

On October 02 2012 06:19 Keirathi wrote:
What else can I say? I voted for him, and tried to get people to read why and comment on it, but I was just ignored. Everyone is just giving him a null read (or maybe slightly scummy, but not enough to vote). So I settled for talking about the other ongoing cases and deciding if I find someone scummier than Nisani. I haven't yet.

On October 02 2012 06:23 Keirathi wrote:
EBWOP: What I mean is, the case isn't gaining traction, and I don't think I have enough to convince anyone off of their null reads to vote for him. He has very little in the way of content for people to analyze. Its getting down to crunch time and we're going to have to consolidate onto someone at some point. Last I looked, there were literally votes on 8 out of the 13 players. Continuing to push someone that isn't going to get lynched is useless.


I really don't like the logic that he presents here in this conversation. Two things in particular: one he's given himself a free pass to not scumhunt because he's given a few reads, and second, he's all but abandoned the one scum read he does have. If Keirathi is town, why isn't he fighting for his lynch? Why isn't he upset that no one is listening to him? Why isn't he being aggressive and pushing his reads?

The answer that I come up with to explain this is that Keirathi is not town. It explains why he put in effort into analyzing before the game really began (to avoid lying about it later), why he's voting a weak read at the moment, and why he doesn't care that his scum read isn't getting lynched.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
October 01 2012 21:33 GMT
#353
Alright I've finally caught up on the thread.

First of all, I understand what jingle is saying about being discouraged to be aggressive because of playing a lot of shitty games. I've played plenty of bad games as town and they don't push me to play better. See learned helplessness.

I also think it's unfair to call out Jingle for not scumhunting because he's been under fire this entire game. I don't think he's scum.

I'm null on perfection-- I don't like how he's only talking about ghost but other than that he doesn't have anything else scummy about him. I'd like to hear about his reads on other people.

I still don't understand why we're letting Drazerk get away with playing an incredibly shitty game. He has *way* too many null reads and is barely contributing. I'm going to keep my vote on him. I mean just look through his filter and you'll see how little he's contributed.

Gonzaw is someone I'm going to spend some more time looking into. Something feels off about him.
Enjoy your day.
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
October 01 2012 21:35 GMT
#354
Also I still think keirathi is town.
Enjoy your day.
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
October 01 2012 21:41 GMT
#355
Ghost, Kei's case on mattchew wasn't supposed to be a genuine case-- he abandoned it quickly because it wasn't real >_>
Enjoy your day.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
October 01 2012 21:49 GMT
#356
@nisani: Then why did he put more time in it than the case against you, which is something that he said on this page is real?
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 01 2012 21:50 GMT
#357
On October 02 2012 06:30 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 06:29 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:26 JingleHell wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:23 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:19 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:15 ghost_403 wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:11 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 06:09 ghost_403 wrote:
@Keir: I'll give you something to argue about as soon as I'm done writing it. Still convinced Nisani is scum?

I wouldn't say that I'm convinced that he is scum. But yes, he is the person I feel strongest about. His posts regarding me reek of someone with extra information.


You're one of one person currently on that vote, best of my knowledge. If you're so convinced he's scum, why aren't you pushing for it in the thread?

What else can I say? I voted for him, and tried to get people to read why and comment on it, but I was just ignored. Everyone is just giving him a null read (or maybe slightly scummy, but not enough to vote). So I settled for talking about the other ongoing cases and deciding if I find someone scummier than Nisani. I haven't yet.

EBWOP: What I mean is, the case isn't gaining traction, and I don't think I have enough to convince anyone off of their null reads to vote for him. He has very little in the way of content for people to analyze. Its getting down to crunch time and we're going to have to consolidate onto someone at some point. Last I looked, there were literally votes on 8 out of the 13 players. Continuing to push someone that isn't going to get lynched is useless.


We don't have to consolidate at all. Greymist is just being confusing.

This game is a simple majority lynch. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched.


From the OP. The description includes the word majority, but it's a simple majority, with the description not matching what we think of as "Majority lynch".

Yes, I realize that. Its basically plurality.

That doesn't mean we don't need to consolidate. Having votes out on 2/3 of the players in the game just gives scum a place to hide. IMO, we need a polarized vote so that scum are forced to pick a side and justify it.


So that we can argue WIFOM with each other regarding what votes mean, when the scum team will actually be divided anyways most likely?

No, the main reason I could imagine seeing that as critical would be if we were at MYLO, to make it a little harder for scum to swing last minute.

Gimme a minute to find some quotes from discussion I've seen talking about plurality vs majority.

1) From BlazingHand in a coaching QT for a player in a newbie game:

plurality lynch is a funny one. Basically, it favors scum because town feels less pressure to consolidate-- people will push competing wagons of similar size. It's more dangerous for scum, though, because the smaller and more numerous wagons increase chances for them to get caught and analyzed. At MYLO it's pretty easy to just say "we all need to vote together", but today it would have been nice if there was a single clear counterwagon for Thrawn for people to focus onto. Personally, if I think the main wagon guy is town, I try to gather up votes from the other counterwagons, also. I say "look guys, you also think thrawn is town, why don't we band together and lynch this guy?" in addition to trying to convince people on the main wagon.

The easiest thing to do is just pretend it needs a majority to lynch and work hard to build that majority-- if there are like 3 small wagons, scum can EASILY tip the scales to mislynch, but if there are just 2 wagons, it's harder.


2) From marv's host notes of the same game:
goodkarma starts to get it:

"Regarding the Plurality Vote System, a little after the fact:
The plurality vote system was quite deceptive, and I feel I am in part to blame for the indecision we’ve had in establishing clear lynch candidates. Instead of having 3+ candidates we really needed to consolidate into two and treat it like a majority vote system. We’ve allowed scum to hide by more or less giving them a pass to vote whoever they want as long as they can give some wishy-washy reason why. For this reason, don’t expect to spot them from vote history."


I tried going through my irc logs with marv where we were discussing that game and the plurality thing, but it was interspersed with conversation about Dwarf Fortress too.

Anyways, that's basically how I feel. Scum can too easily swing the vote onto the candidate they want if everyone just has 1 vote on them at the end of the day.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 01 2012 21:54 GMT
#358
On October 02 2012 06:49 ghost_403 wrote:
@nisani: Then why did he put more time in it than the case against you, which is something that he said on this page is real?

I spent a whopping 5 minutes finding Matt's first posts in each of his games. So yes, I did spent 5 minutes more effort deciding if there was an actual pattern or if he just randomly says whatever he feels like in his first post.

Going through Nisani's meta, what exactly would I be looking for to confirm my feeling that he has too much information in this game? Even if I spent hours carefully reading all of his games, anything I find would just be colored with confirmation bias.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
October 01 2012 21:56 GMT
#359
When is the lynch deadline?
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 01 2012 21:56 GMT
#360
Those are both discussing specific situations, where consolidation might have benefited the town directly, from what I can tell.

It's a nice theory, but it still comes down to "Do you believe X's reason to vote for Y is legitimate?" "Do you believe X is scum?"

As a counterpoint, "Consolidation" provides the perfect excuse to hop wagons without a valid reason. "Everyone wanted to consolidate, and I felt like X was slightly scummier than Y. Blame Q for suggesting we consolidate, not me!"

There's never guarantees, and anything can be turned to an advantage by anyone, if the circumstances and argument are right.

I don't think one option or the other is inherently any better. At least if you don't push for consolidation, then people who choose to consolidate might still face serious pressure to explain a mislynch vote.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1417
910 86
NotJumperer 67
Bale 42
Hyun 19
Noble 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
febbydoto8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
summit1g7794
Coldzera 740
JimRising 636
hungrybox528
WinterStarcraft366
C9.Mang0331
PiGStarcraft273
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick777
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 29
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota288
League of Legends
• Lourlo1070
• Rush961
• Stunt253
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 16m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 16m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 16m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.