• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:04
CEST 04:04
KST 11:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5205 users

Aperture Mafia 2: Portal Edition - Page 17

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 95 Next
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 01 2012 20:36 GMT
#321
On October 02 2012 05:33 Drazerk wrote:
and pushing non lynch targets is a pretty good thing to do as scum IMO


Well, speaking of not assuming what scum would or wouldn't do... since we're in the realm of pure, unadulterated WIFOM from the purest sense of the word, it's also good for scum to push lynch targets. Since people assume that's not scum behavior, since it can be harder to keep things straight, it lets you hide in plain sight.

Everything and nothing is scummy in Mafia.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
October 01 2012 20:36 GMT
#322
Safe non controversial day 1 target - iamperf flips town - JH gains huge town momentum - JH wins game.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
October 01 2012 20:36 GMT
#323
Dude, austin is a Nigerian prince. I had no idea. My apologies, your highness.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 01 2012 20:38 GMT
#324
On October 02 2012 05:33 Drazerk wrote:
and pushing non lynch targets is a pretty good thing to do as scum IMO

Sure. That's why he can't be scum. He's not really pushing mattchew. Nobody is going to vote Mattchew based on that. He's working of a premise that feels incredibly false. He could push matt or anyone else, but instead it's this weird OMGUS where matt is pushing iamperfection because he secretly wants to push JH but doesn't want to take responsibility for it, all while seeming to take responsibility for another lynch.

If anyone disagrees with that, speak up, but I read that post as really misrepresenting Mattchew and so I write the entire thing off.
Fe fi fo fum.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
October 01 2012 20:38 GMT
#325
Pushing lynch candidates is easy as hell as scum. Just don't read your scum team and go for it.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 01 2012 20:39 GMT
#326
On October 02 2012 05:36 Drazerk wrote:
Safe non controversial day 1 target - iamperf flips town - JH gains huge town momentum - JH wins game.


Ah, but see, scum me could KNOW that you might think that, at which point scum me could easily break a deadlock, and point to how no scum would dive into such dangerous waters, scum Jingle gains huge momentum, scum Jingle wins game! Except Drazerk might know that I know and know my plan, so then he'd see that possibility! But I'm ready for that, so...

Fuck it. DUCK SEASON!
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 01 2012 20:39 GMT
#327
On October 02 2012 05:36 ghost_403 wrote:
Dude, austin is a Nigerian prince. I had no idea. My apologies, your highness.

This is what happens when you tell me I need sigs and profiles and crap for clue purposes.
Fe fi fo fum.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
October 01 2012 20:42 GMT
#328
On October 02 2012 05:39 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 05:36 Drazerk wrote:
Safe non controversial day 1 target - iamperf flips town - JH gains huge town momentum - JH wins game.


Ah, but see, scum me could KNOW that you might think that, at which point scum me could easily break a deadlock, and point to how no scum would dive into such dangerous waters, scum Jingle gains huge momentum, scum Jingle wins game! Except Drazerk might know that I know and know my plan, so then he'd see that possibility! But I'm ready for that, so...

Fuck it. DUCK SEASON!


Enter into the WIFOM door
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 01 2012 20:47 GMT
#329
On October 02 2012 05:42 Drazerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 05:39 JingleHell wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:36 Drazerk wrote:
Safe non controversial day 1 target - iamperf flips town - JH gains huge town momentum - JH wins game.


Ah, but see, scum me could KNOW that you might think that, at which point scum me could easily break a deadlock, and point to how no scum would dive into such dangerous waters, scum Jingle gains huge momentum, scum Jingle wins game! Except Drazerk might know that I know and know my plan, so then he'd see that possibility! But I'm ready for that, so...

Fuck it. DUCK SEASON!


Enter into the WIFOM door


Well, that was kind of my point. Literally any and every action can be both scummy and townie, depending on individual perceptions. There's no such thing as a "safe" scum action, since all it takes is one persuasive individual perceiving things correctly.

I do think it's silly how Austin is still hung up on my "False premise" regarding Mattchew, when we're basically discussing how there's no such thing as a false premise in Mafia.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 01 2012 20:50 GMT
#330
On October 02 2012 05:47 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 05:42 Drazerk wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:39 JingleHell wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:36 Drazerk wrote:
Safe non controversial day 1 target - iamperf flips town - JH gains huge town momentum - JH wins game.


Ah, but see, scum me could KNOW that you might think that, at which point scum me could easily break a deadlock, and point to how no scum would dive into such dangerous waters, scum Jingle gains huge momentum, scum Jingle wins game! Except Drazerk might know that I know and know my plan, so then he'd see that possibility! But I'm ready for that, so...

Fuck it. DUCK SEASON!


Enter into the WIFOM door


Well, that was kind of my point. Literally any and every action can be both scummy and townie, depending on individual perceptions. There's no such thing as a "safe" scum action, since all it takes is one persuasive individual perceiving things correctly.

I do think it's silly how Austin is still hung up on my "False premise" regarding Mattchew, when we're basically discussing how there's no such thing as a false premise in Mafia.

Unless you're gonna flip red here and prove me wrong, there are some posts that just don't come from townies.

Not that every townie every game posts something that shows he/she's town, but sometimes they pop up. Haven't been wrong about one yet.
Fe fi fo fum.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
October 01 2012 20:55 GMT
#331
On October 02 2012 05:50 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 05:47 JingleHell wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:42 Drazerk wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:39 JingleHell wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:36 Drazerk wrote:
Safe non controversial day 1 target - iamperf flips town - JH gains huge town momentum - JH wins game.


Ah, but see, scum me could KNOW that you might think that, at which point scum me could easily break a deadlock, and point to how no scum would dive into such dangerous waters, scum Jingle gains huge momentum, scum Jingle wins game! Except Drazerk might know that I know and know my plan, so then he'd see that possibility! But I'm ready for that, so...

Fuck it. DUCK SEASON!


Enter into the WIFOM door


Well, that was kind of my point. Literally any and every action can be both scummy and townie, depending on individual perceptions. There's no such thing as a "safe" scum action, since all it takes is one persuasive individual perceiving things correctly.

I do think it's silly how Austin is still hung up on my "False premise" regarding Mattchew, when we're basically discussing how there's no such thing as a false premise in Mafia.

Unless you're gonna flip red here and prove me wrong, there are some posts that just don't come from townies.

Not that every townie every game posts something that shows he/she's town, but sometimes they pop up. Haven't been wrong about one yet.


I wish you look trying to find a post that makes me look town.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 01 2012 20:59 GMT
#332
On October 02 2012 05:55 Drazerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 05:50 austinmcc wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:47 JingleHell wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:42 Drazerk wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:39 JingleHell wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:36 Drazerk wrote:
Safe non controversial day 1 target - iamperf flips town - JH gains huge town momentum - JH wins game.


Ah, but see, scum me could KNOW that you might think that, at which point scum me could easily break a deadlock, and point to how no scum would dive into such dangerous waters, scum Jingle gains huge momentum, scum Jingle wins game! Except Drazerk might know that I know and know my plan, so then he'd see that possibility! But I'm ready for that, so...

Fuck it. DUCK SEASON!


Enter into the WIFOM door


Well, that was kind of my point. Literally any and every action can be both scummy and townie, depending on individual perceptions. There's no such thing as a "safe" scum action, since all it takes is one persuasive individual perceiving things correctly.

I do think it's silly how Austin is still hung up on my "False premise" regarding Mattchew, when we're basically discussing how there's no such thing as a false premise in Mafia.

Unless you're gonna flip red here and prove me wrong, there are some posts that just don't come from townies.

Not that every townie every game posts something that shows he/she's town, but sometimes they pop up. Haven't been wrong about one yet.


I wish you look trying to find a post that makes me look town.

I feel like you'd be disappointed if I did.

I don't like your instant vote on me, though, especially since I think PTP3 was one of the games where I found someone absolutely townie.
Fe fi fo fum.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 01 2012 21:00 GMT
#333
On October 02 2012 05:50 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 05:47 JingleHell wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:42 Drazerk wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:39 JingleHell wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:36 Drazerk wrote:
Safe non controversial day 1 target - iamperf flips town - JH gains huge town momentum - JH wins game.


Ah, but see, scum me could KNOW that you might think that, at which point scum me could easily break a deadlock, and point to how no scum would dive into such dangerous waters, scum Jingle gains huge momentum, scum Jingle wins game! Except Drazerk might know that I know and know my plan, so then he'd see that possibility! But I'm ready for that, so...

Fuck it. DUCK SEASON!


Enter into the WIFOM door


Well, that was kind of my point. Literally any and every action can be both scummy and townie, depending on individual perceptions. There's no such thing as a "safe" scum action, since all it takes is one persuasive individual perceiving things correctly.

I do think it's silly how Austin is still hung up on my "False premise" regarding Mattchew, when we're basically discussing how there's no such thing as a false premise in Mafia.

Unless you're gonna flip red here and prove me wrong, there are some posts that just don't come from townies.

Not that every townie every game posts something that shows he/she's town, but sometimes they pop up. Haven't been wrong about one yet.


Well, I'm less worried about being flipped than I am about the possibility of flipping with people not seeing the attack on me in the correct light. Dying as a townie can be irksome, but it can say a lot about the people in the game.

In PTP3, for example, early-ish, I was after Mattchew pretty hard. I was a townie. My power had randomly redirected his vigi shot. His claim looked really awkward, but then I claimed my role, to keep him from getting lynched for the wrong reason.

If there's anything worse than townies being wrong, it's deliberately ignoring possible information.

That, however, is exactly what you're doing. Regardless of the reason, you consider my concept of someone wanting to push without seeming to lead a push as insane, impossible, or improbable. That's disregarding a conclusion that the facts can lead to, even when we've just recently discussed that due to WIFOM, every action can be scummy or not scummy.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
October 01 2012 21:00 GMT
#334
Eurgh I need to sleep

Luck* T_T
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
October 01 2012 21:00 GMT
#335
Why is everyone ignoring mementoss this game? Hrmmmm... Interesting. I'll add him to my list of people I'm going to have to look into.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 01 2012 21:03 GMT
#336
On October 02 2012 06:00 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 05:50 austinmcc wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:47 JingleHell wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:42 Drazerk wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:39 JingleHell wrote:
On October 02 2012 05:36 Drazerk wrote:
Safe non controversial day 1 target - iamperf flips town - JH gains huge town momentum - JH wins game.


Ah, but see, scum me could KNOW that you might think that, at which point scum me could easily break a deadlock, and point to how no scum would dive into such dangerous waters, scum Jingle gains huge momentum, scum Jingle wins game! Except Drazerk might know that I know and know my plan, so then he'd see that possibility! But I'm ready for that, so...

Fuck it. DUCK SEASON!


Enter into the WIFOM door


Well, that was kind of my point. Literally any and every action can be both scummy and townie, depending on individual perceptions. There's no such thing as a "safe" scum action, since all it takes is one persuasive individual perceiving things correctly.

I do think it's silly how Austin is still hung up on my "False premise" regarding Mattchew, when we're basically discussing how there's no such thing as a false premise in Mafia.

Unless you're gonna flip red here and prove me wrong, there are some posts that just don't come from townies.

Not that every townie every game posts something that shows he/she's town, but sometimes they pop up. Haven't been wrong about one yet.


Well, I'm less worried about being flipped than I am about the possibility of flipping with people not seeing the attack on me in the correct light. Dying as a townie can be irksome, but it can say a lot about the people in the game.

In PTP3, for example, early-ish, I was after Mattchew pretty hard. I was a townie. My power had randomly redirected his vigi shot. His claim looked really awkward, but then I claimed my role, to keep him from getting lynched for the wrong reason.

If there's anything worse than townies being wrong, it's deliberately ignoring possible information.

That, however, is exactly what you're doing. Regardless of the reason, you consider my concept of someone wanting to push without seeming to lead a push as insane, impossible, or improbable. That's disregarding a conclusion that the facts can lead to, even when we've just recently discussed that due to WIFOM, every action can be scummy or not scummy.

I think you're entirely misrepresenting what's going on, THAT is why I'm dismissing it. I don't disagree that scum could want to push x but try and avoid being the prime mover on x. I DO disagree than scum can want to push x, avoid being the primer on x, and cover it up by being the prime mover on y.

The WIFOM bit just isn't convincing to me until I get disproven.
Fe fi fo fum.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
October 01 2012 21:05 GMT
#337
JH, why are you spending so much time defending yourself instead of just hunting for scum? And austin, why are you taking part of this conversation? I'm trying to figure out what the two of you are actually talking about, and I can't figure it out.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 01 2012 21:06 GMT
#338
On October 02 2012 06:05 ghost_403 wrote:
JH, why are you spending so much time defending yourself instead of just hunting for scum? And austin, why are you taking part of this conversation? I'm trying to figure out what the two of you are actually talking about, and I can't figure it out.

Need something to do while I'm trying to figure out a non-JH vote.

I'm intrigued by the mementoss suggestion and rereading him.
Fe fi fo fum.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 01 2012 21:06 GMT
#339
On October 02 2012 05:36 ghost_403 wrote:
I'm still happy trying to lynch Keirathi today. After his initial case on Mattchew, he's done more or less no analysis this game. If looking through austin's previous games doesn't yield anything interesting, I might spend a bit more time staring at Keirathi's filter and write up my thoughts on it.

Please do. And little to no analysis? I've given full reads on you, Nisani, drazerk, and JH. Not sure what else you want from me.

"He's putting in too much effort to be town" is bullshit and there is literally no way I can even argue that, though.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 01 2012 21:08 GMT
#340
Mementoss, what's your read on Keirathi?
Fe fi fo fum.
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 198
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2562
NotJumperer 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever799
NeuroSwarm188
Other Games
summit1g8165
Coldzera 765
Day[9].tv746
JimRising 580
C9.Mang0380
PiGStarcraft202
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick867
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream344
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 124
• davetesta20
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv746
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
7h 56m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
21h 56m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.