• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:19
CEST 16:19
KST 23:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8610 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXVII - Page 13

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 78 Next
Atreides-
Profile Joined June 2009
United States103 Posts
September 19 2012 02:55 GMT
#241
In defense of Sharrant -

He's in a similar position to debears - bad decisions do not necessarily mean scum. Think about it - what could a mafia hope to gain by this? Getting a lynch is far too ambitious, and a role claim isn't worth getting so much attention to yourself.

Mafia wouldn't want to aggressively pursue targets, they want to passively follow the crowd. Sharrant rode hard on debears, and has shown that he's willing to use his vote freely. I think that trying to get a role claim is a bad idea (debears will claim vanilla town no matter what role he is, this tells us nothing) but I don't see what's scummy about that. He's actively scumhunting, and both of his ideas (kush being SK, pressuring on debears) are original.

Someone mentioned the possibility of debears+thrawn being masons, which is something I didn't think of. The bromance between the two is pretty apparent since the beginning. Both have said that they believe the other is town, and they've used FOS (against sonic) and vote (against Sharrant) in unison. Thoughts?

I don't see a strong case for both debears and Sharrant right now. I'd be more inclined to vote for KillingTime if anything.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 19 2012 02:56 GMT
#242
@thrawn it seems like everything debears has posted has been some form of interaction with you, so it's impossible to have anything outside of that. Also understand I don't think that argument hinges on you being mafia as well.

On September 19 2012 11:44 RemedySC wrote:
Being active shouldn't exclude someone from a possible lynch candidate, so I still have my suspicions, but i'll leave those for later.


Day 1, in a game with lurkers, I think being active should exclude someone from being lynched. Lynching an active poster day 1 usually results in lynching a townie, this is common mafia knowledge.
Our reads of active players will get better. Our reads on lurkers will remain the same.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Atreides-
Profile Joined June 2009
United States103 Posts
September 19 2012 02:58 GMT
#243
Also I don't see how drazak is connected at all with debears/thrawn. The only thing he's posted on the topic isn't even significant:

+ Show Spoiler +
On September 19 2012 03:23 drazak wrote:
As far as looking at Debears goes, I think it's a dead end, I'd definitely like to see his response, but I don't think your reasoning was very good kush, you yourself have show how saying something would look from each perspecting, which is exactly what Debears was doing. IN addition, it's an examination of motives, which is important, everyone has a motive.


kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 19 2012 03:00 GMT
#244
##vote debears
I would be open to changing my vote to cubu.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 19 2012 03:07 GMT
#245
vote count pls?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 19 2012 03:07 GMT
#246
The mason possibility for thrawn and debears actually makes sense considering how they are acting. However I think it is a overreach. We know there are mafia but we do not know if there are masons. (i think)

Going to bed now.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 19 2012 03:09 GMT
#247
One more thing: debears and sharrant both exhibit bad play. However I think debear's bad play (buddying) is indicative of scum whereas sharrant's bad play is just null read badness.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 19 2012 03:10 GMT
#248
kush what do you think about killing? he's been pretty lurky and has displayed some scummy behavior.

On September 19 2012 08:29 thrawn2112 wrote:
hey killing where's that post you promised us?

First you come in with the wildy off topic FOS post, then you make a vote for debears because you "liked sdm's post" which was pretty much the extent of your 2 sentence justification for your vote, then your next post is more about the FOS stuff and you give excuses for why you aren't posting and promise us a post which never came. ##FOS Killing

"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 19 2012 03:13 GMT
#249
On September 19 2012 12:10 thrawn2112 wrote:
kush what do you think about killing? he's been pretty lurky and has displayed some scummy behavior.

Show nested quote +
On September 19 2012 08:29 thrawn2112 wrote:
hey killing where's that post you promised us?

First you come in with the wildy off topic FOS post, then you make a vote for debears because you "liked sdm's post" which was pretty much the extent of your 2 sentence justification for your vote, then your next post is more about the FOS stuff and you give excuses for why you aren't posting and promise us a post which never came. ##FOS Killing



I think he is very scummy and honestly the only reason I let up on him was because he accused debears who I thought was more scummy.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Sharrant
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada543 Posts
September 19 2012 03:15 GMT
#250
@Atreides
That was me that mentioned the possibility of them both being masons.

@Kush I agree with you about lurkers at this time. I'm ready to bury the hatchet on both debears and thrawn in order to get rid of one of our hard lurkers.

The way I'm looking at it right now, is everyone has done things that are varying degrees of scummy. But we're all actively posting. I don't like the Thrawn/debears dynamic, it really strikes me as scum, but I'm starting to lean more towards the lurkers.

In particular, I think there's one candidate that would clear up most of this. Most of the reason for me voting for debears in the first place was because of KillingTime. He's promise some posts, but hasn't delivered. Unless he makes a large contribution tomorrow, I expect that is where my vote will end up. I ended up going with debears when I thought one of them was scum, but debears has at least been somewhat active.

So it goes on a few ifs, but the lurker that I'm most comfortable going after in this situation is KillingTime. If we lynch him, and if he flips mafia, that's the end of any case of mine against debears and Thrawn.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
September 19 2012 04:16 GMT
#251
Hmm masons... that might make sense but it's a rather big jump. (although I can't exactly argue with making big jumps) If we do go for the inactive people that would be killing time and cubu. Only problem with that is we literally don't have enough information to get a lynch.

However I would disagree with this

On September 19 2012 12:00 kushm4sta wrote:
##vote debears
I would be open to changing my vote to cubu.


Personaly I would lynch killing over cubu as while cubu is lurking more he hasn’t said anything suspicious. (Mainly because he has said nothing at all) Whereas killing said he was writing a post, then went in lurk mode. And voted debears based purely on Sonics post without saying what he agrees with or disagrees with.

That said where on earth is stutters? His only post is in regards to kush not wanting to be night killed. Something everyone jumped on. I have to admit that does make him look suspicious considering he said he would be super active pregame.

On September 15 2012 13:58 Stutters695 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2012 13:36 JacobStrangelove wrote:
/in Urg fine.... i'm in... but I will have a serious drop in the amount I will be posting at random times....

Don't worry. I'll have more time this game so we can switch places from xxvi and I'll be super active and you can lurk then confirm yourself with a vig shot :p. Just don't be like me and shoot the medic. XD


Considering an active lynch is risky (unless someone comes up with a rock solid argument) I want to put the pressure on Stutters in particularly and killing. If both of these suddenly become active in a good way then I will probably either stay on sharrant (although this is getting a little less likely) or cubu (although I really don’t want to considering last game)
RemedySC
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada176 Posts
September 19 2012 04:42 GMT
#252
Damn, I'm way too tired to concentrate.

I will be back early in the morning.

Good night.
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
September 19 2012 04:49 GMT
#253
A lot of good info to go through. I'm going through filters now to try and get some concrete reads but at a glance my biggest reads with activity would be Kush and Sharrant. Killing needs to show up to have something on him but if he doesn't I wouldn't be opposed to a policy lynch.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
September 19 2012 04:54 GMT
#254
Oh cool stutters is here *waits* Funny how you show up right after I make a statement about you but it could be coincidence.
KillingTime
Profile Joined August 2012
France101 Posts
September 19 2012 04:58 GMT
#255
I just woke up - yeah I meant to post more last night but couldn't for irl reasons. Sorry I know that looked bad.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
September 19 2012 05:03 GMT
#256
On September 19 2012 13:58 KillingTime wrote:
I just woke up - yeah I meant to post more last night but couldn't for irl reasons. Sorry I know that looked bad.


Yeah it looks really bad, that said assuming you are mafia you would probably do everything you could to get a post out to avoid this... (as in last night although you would probably also do a post like this anyway)
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 19 2012 05:05 GMT
#257
Sharrant Canada. September 19 2012 12:15. Posts 15 PM Profile Quote #
filter
@Atreides
That was me that mentioned the possibility of them both being masons.

@Kush I agree with you about lurkers at this time. I'm ready to bury the hatchet on both debears and thrawn in order to get rid of one of our hard lurkers.


I will be able to post an argument on you and Kush tomorrow, most likely in the morning.

In the lurkers, there is one that still has my attention, Rethos.

On September 19 2012 06:33 rethos wrote:
@thrawn2112 since the whole debears affair, your conflict with SDM seemed to have been left in the air. What is your current read about SDM? Do you have any other reads that the town might want to know about?


This was his last post. Although he is posting, his posts are not beneficial. Most of the latest ones contain questions. He hasn't directed accusations at anyone.

Why, if he is town, is he trying to convince people he is right? What does that do? How does that help? Is it just bad town play?


This is just a sample of what he does. Three questions in a row that he did not post an answer for himself.

Most of his other posts follow a similar format. He just directs the question at someone. I understand the difference in time zones affecting the amount of posts. However, the quality is poor. He isn't taking a stand on anything.

Looks like he is trying to look active without provoking anyone.
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 19 2012 05:15 GMT
#258
oh and heads up. Besides classes through 5, I have practice at 6 PM CST. I won't be here for the 2 hours up to and for a while after the lynch , unless my coach changes his mind. I will post what I can in the morning and lunch.
KillingTime
Profile Joined August 2012
France101 Posts
September 19 2012 06:07 GMT
#259
Ok - well I think the best thing for me to do Is go through the questions drazak asked me last night:

Players I want to see more from - There are lots of players in this category:
1. RemedySC - Not much interesting in his posts, nothing scummy but nothing strong
2. Drazak - Again, he made fair points about me and I am answering his questions - he has said he will also try to post more today. If there is one thing that I learnt from XXVI it is that associational cases are bad though. So leave off this how is he connected to X&Y on D1.
3. Stutters
4.Cubu!!! - I am quite happy to policy lynch cubu every game I play with him if he is not posting more. Cubu post more or I will vote for you.

Two strongest town reads: (though town reads are kind of dubious atm, because strong mafia probably look like town now -d1 we are more trying to catch a weaker mafia I think)
1. Thrawn - I don't put much stock in the idea that him & Debears are necessarily linked in some way - but his posting has been strong all day
2. Sonic - Solid town posts, less high up for me though, just because I have the experience of playing with him in XXVI and know he is a strong player who fooled me for large parts of that game.

When I went to bed, I thought Sharrant was towny - he was following the same train of logic that I did and he was . Now I just don't know - others have totally fought with him on asking debears to roleclaim and that was a bad idea, I don't think he is a good d1 lynch, there is too much chance he flips bad town, but he is definitely a player I want to look at more closely as the game progresses

And the most important part - scum:
1.Debears - my scum read on him from yesterday has not changed that much, his hugely defensive posting since then is a bad, and I agree with Kush's attack on his last post. I sort of like that he is attacking rethos - but rethos is an easy target, a lurker who has only posted questions so far. I await to see what he has to say about Sharrant.
2.Atreidies - 3 posts, all bad , random setup speculation. You can pretty much sum up everything he has said so far as "I'm not convinced" - That is not at all scummy per se - but you need to combine that attitude with efforts to scumhunt yourself and contribute actively. Because he hasn't, it looks scummy to me.

rethos
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania103 Posts
September 19 2012 06:44 GMT
#260
On September 19 2012 14:05 debears wrote:
Show nested quote +
Sharrant Canada. September 19 2012 12:15. Posts 15 PM Profile Quote #
filter
@Atreides
That was me that mentioned the possibility of them both being masons.

@Kush I agree with you about lurkers at this time. I'm ready to bury the hatchet on both debears and thrawn in order to get rid of one of our hard lurkers.


I will be able to post an argument on you and Kush tomorrow, most likely in the morning.

In the lurkers, there is one that still has my attention, Rethos.

Show nested quote +
On September 19 2012 06:33 rethos wrote:
@thrawn2112 since the whole debears affair, your conflict with SDM seemed to have been left in the air. What is your current read about SDM? Do you have any other reads that the town might want to know about?


This was his last post. Although he is posting, his posts are not beneficial. Most of the latest ones contain questions. He hasn't directed accusations at anyone.

Show nested quote +
Why, if he is town, is he trying to convince people he is right? What does that do? How does that help? Is it just bad town play?


This is just a sample of what he does. Three questions in a row that he did not post an answer for himself.

Most of his other posts follow a similar format. He just directs the question at someone. I understand the difference in time zones affecting the amount of posts. However, the quality is poor. He isn't taking a stand on anything.

Looks like he is trying to look active without provoking anyone.


I actually like that you are attacking me belive it or not. That gives you some town points. But my suspicions on you still stand. I am asking A LOT of questions yes. But i do belive those are all beneficial.

Let's go over them on a post by post or even better group by group.

First of all i asked questions when SDM and thrawn2112 where the only ones that were getting a discussion going. After all the questioning I posted my opinion on it. The deal has fallen flat since you arrived but I still did not forget it so I asked for a conclusion in my last post because it seems bad to leave loose ends like that.

On to the second group of questions. Those are all directed at thrawn2112, your main defender. It's actually in my opinion an interogatory of both you and thrawn2112 and I like first making all things clear before I drop my 2c. Also all these questions are obviously (in my opinion) accusations directed towards you. Every single one can be understood to be "I find [object of said question] suspicious behaviour". The reason they are questions is because I am having a dialoge and not just writing down my thoughts.

TL,DR: The reason I pose un-answered questions is because they are all directed questions. Questions that I for one think should be answered by the person I ask. Please keep this discussion going if you are not satisfied with my answer.
Flash is a beast... And we love it this way
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5536
Bisu 3045
Soulkey 1209
Jaedong 1023
Horang2 616
EffOrt 571
Mini 403
actioN 362
Larva 326
ZerO 247
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 236
Mind 95
Pusan 85
Sea.KH 78
Shinee 76
Sharp 76
hero 72
Dewaltoss 67
Snow 62
Hyun 56
sorry 52
Barracks 44
Bale 44
ToSsGirL 35
Sacsri 22
scan(afreeca) 18
Trap 18
NaDa 15
Rock 14
Terrorterran 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
zelot 8
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4835
qojqva2970
Dendi1081
Counter-Strike
Fnx 572
fl0m0
Other Games
olofmeister1222
hiko938
B2W.Neo753
Lowko349
crisheroes270
DeMusliM265
Pyrionflax216
XBOCT198
Hui .192
Livibee165
Liquid`VortiX152
QueenE86
Mew2King46
Liquid`RaSZi35
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1083
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV649
League of Legends
• Nemesis2507
• Jankos1995
Other Games
• Shiphtur151
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 41m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.