• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:01
CEST 02:01
KST 09:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8554 users

Death Note Mini Mafia - Page 22

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 52 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:25 GMT
#421
On September 01 2012 09:24 BlackMamba24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:16 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:13 Hapahauli wrote:
I'm going to keep my vote on Palmar for a bit. As it stands, there are a couple of people I want to hear more from before I decide what to do with my vote - namely those that haven't voted yet. I'll give em an hour.

Relooking at some filters, I'm growing a bit wary of HiroPro, and his actions seem to follow a scum thought-process.

  • He enters the thread and builds a "case" on MMtoss. This "case" is a re-hash of most of what I pointed out earlier in the post.
  • What seems scummy to me is how quickly he dropped his case. You'd think that a townie would have a bit more confirmation bias? But he drops it the second MMtoss posts his defense to HiroPro for his MrZentor/Hapa scumteam. That seems like a really weak reason to drop your main scumread.
  • He spends the next few hours making one-liners and trying to contribute, when really not. Take a look at his filter.


Thoughts?


That's a bit misleading. He was not convinced at all by MMtoss' first defense and only unvoted after MMtoss cleared it up further. If he was looking for a reason to drop his case, he would have done it sooner than that. MMtoss later addresses HiroPro's main suspicion and the answer satisfied him.


That's the interesting part - he tunnels MMtoss until I explicitly point out his "first defense" (the longer post I take it?) to HiroPro. Then HiroPro posts that he's waiting for MMtoss to respond to him. Then he immediately drops his read after MMtoss responds.


That's not suspicious. He was saying MMtoss' defense wasn't adequate because he didn't address the point. Then when MMtoss addressed the point, he was satisfied. What's scummy about that? We can't have another bandwagon switch right now, the vote is close and there's not a lot of time left in the day.


Because it was too easy. After tunneling MMtoss the entire game, HP was satisfied with just that post? Seriously? I call BS.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 01 2012 00:25 GMT
#422
On September 01 2012 09:17 Mementoss wrote:
Alright I gotta go for the night

##Unvote: ShadySands
##Vote: Palmar


I know I'm town, and me not dieing gives a hell of a lot better chances of actually killing scum, rather than killing someone actually generating discussion towards finding scum.

@hapa, Apparently Hiro usually posts one-liners all the time, but your first 2 bullets are good.

If I die, kill ghost or blackmamba.


MM Vote Hiro, let's this wagon going.
Что?
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 01 2012 00:25 GMT
#423
ebwop let's get this wagon going.
Что?
BlackMamba24
Profile Joined August 2012
United States277 Posts
September 01 2012 00:26 GMT
#424
On September 01 2012 09:25 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:24 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:16 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:13 Hapahauli wrote:
I'm going to keep my vote on Palmar for a bit. As it stands, there are a couple of people I want to hear more from before I decide what to do with my vote - namely those that haven't voted yet. I'll give em an hour.

Relooking at some filters, I'm growing a bit wary of HiroPro, and his actions seem to follow a scum thought-process.

  • He enters the thread and builds a "case" on MMtoss. This "case" is a re-hash of most of what I pointed out earlier in the post.
  • What seems scummy to me is how quickly he dropped his case. You'd think that a townie would have a bit more confirmation bias? But he drops it the second MMtoss posts his defense to HiroPro for his MrZentor/Hapa scumteam. That seems like a really weak reason to drop your main scumread.
  • He spends the next few hours making one-liners and trying to contribute, when really not. Take a look at his filter.


Thoughts?


That's a bit misleading. He was not convinced at all by MMtoss' first defense and only unvoted after MMtoss cleared it up further. If he was looking for a reason to drop his case, he would have done it sooner than that. MMtoss later addresses HiroPro's main suspicion and the answer satisfied him.


That's the interesting part - he tunnels MMtoss until I explicitly point out his "first defense" (the longer post I take it?) to HiroPro. Then HiroPro posts that he's waiting for MMtoss to respond to him. Then he immediately drops his read after MMtoss responds.


That's not suspicious. He was saying MMtoss' defense wasn't adequate because he didn't address the point. Then when MMtoss addressed the point, he was satisfied. What's scummy about that? We can't have another bandwagon switch right now, the vote is close and there's not a lot of time left in the day.


Because it was too easy. After tunneling MMtoss the entire game, HP was satisfied with just that post? Seriously? I call BS.

Why not? tunneling the entire game was like all of a few hours and it seemed to satisfy you so why is it "too easy" when HiroPro likes his answer and not when you like his answer?
BlackMamba24
Profile Joined August 2012
United States277 Posts
September 01 2012 00:29 GMT
#425
Your whole "case" literally boils down to the fact that he changed his vote after the person he pressured defended himself, which is basically what you did, putting suspicion on MMToss then retracting it when he defended himself, except you were satisfied even quicker than he was so i really don't understand why people are changing votes at all

since when is it scummy anyway to change your mind

"too easy" is meaningless what does that even mean

it's not like MMtoss defense was so stellar he couldn't have continued pushing him if it was really his scum agenda
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:30 GMT
#426
On September 01 2012 09:26 BlackMamba24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:25 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:24 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:16 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:13 Hapahauli wrote:
I'm going to keep my vote on Palmar for a bit. As it stands, there are a couple of people I want to hear more from before I decide what to do with my vote - namely those that haven't voted yet. I'll give em an hour.

Relooking at some filters, I'm growing a bit wary of HiroPro, and his actions seem to follow a scum thought-process.

  • He enters the thread and builds a "case" on MMtoss. This "case" is a re-hash of most of what I pointed out earlier in the post.
  • What seems scummy to me is how quickly he dropped his case. You'd think that a townie would have a bit more confirmation bias? But he drops it the second MMtoss posts his defense to HiroPro for his MrZentor/Hapa scumteam. That seems like a really weak reason to drop your main scumread.
  • He spends the next few hours making one-liners and trying to contribute, when really not. Take a look at his filter.


Thoughts?


That's a bit misleading. He was not convinced at all by MMtoss' first defense and only unvoted after MMtoss cleared it up further. If he was looking for a reason to drop his case, he would have done it sooner than that. MMtoss later addresses HiroPro's main suspicion and the answer satisfied him.


That's the interesting part - he tunnels MMtoss until I explicitly point out his "first defense" (the longer post I take it?) to HiroPro. Then HiroPro posts that he's waiting for MMtoss to respond to him. Then he immediately drops his read after MMtoss responds.


That's not suspicious. He was saying MMtoss' defense wasn't adequate because he didn't address the point. Then when MMtoss addressed the point, he was satisfied. What's scummy about that? We can't have another bandwagon switch right now, the vote is close and there's not a lot of time left in the day.


Because it was too easy. After tunneling MMtoss the entire game, HP was satisfied with just that post? Seriously? I call BS.

Why not? tunneling the entire game was like all of a few hours and it seemed to satisfy you so why is it "too easy" when HiroPro likes his answer and not when you like his answer?


The thing is that it's a very unlikely "thought process" for a townie. Think about it. You make a major case against MMtoss, get 3 people to vote with you, mention nothing about it until someone calls you out for it, then all of a sudden, one magical answer solves all your suspicions? Keep in mind that HiroPro was convinced that MMtoss was scum:

Mementoss is attempting to seem useful when his posts actually say very little. His reaction to Hapahauli's questions are to throw doubt and accusations in a nonsensical manner. He's scum.


There's no way a townie would drop a read that quickly. Maybe a question or two, THEN dropping the read, but not right away.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 01 2012 00:32 GMT
#427
On September 01 2012 09:26 BlackMamba24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:25 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:24 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:16 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:13 Hapahauli wrote:
I'm going to keep my vote on Palmar for a bit. As it stands, there are a couple of people I want to hear more from before I decide what to do with my vote - namely those that haven't voted yet. I'll give em an hour.

Relooking at some filters, I'm growing a bit wary of HiroPro, and his actions seem to follow a scum thought-process.

  • He enters the thread and builds a "case" on MMtoss. This "case" is a re-hash of most of what I pointed out earlier in the post.
  • What seems scummy to me is how quickly he dropped his case. You'd think that a townie would have a bit more confirmation bias? But he drops it the second MMtoss posts his defense to HiroPro for his MrZentor/Hapa scumteam. That seems like a really weak reason to drop your main scumread.
  • He spends the next few hours making one-liners and trying to contribute, when really not. Take a look at his filter.


Thoughts?


That's a bit misleading. He was not convinced at all by MMtoss' first defense and only unvoted after MMtoss cleared it up further. If he was looking for a reason to drop his case, he would have done it sooner than that. MMtoss later addresses HiroPro's main suspicion and the answer satisfied him.


That's the interesting part - he tunnels MMtoss until I explicitly point out his "first defense" (the longer post I take it?) to HiroPro. Then HiroPro posts that he's waiting for MMtoss to respond to him. Then he immediately drops his read after MMtoss responds.


That's not suspicious. He was saying MMtoss' defense wasn't adequate because he didn't address the point. Then when MMtoss addressed the point, he was satisfied. What's scummy about that? We can't have another bandwagon switch right now, the vote is close and there's not a lot of time left in the day.


Because it was too easy. After tunneling MMtoss the entire game, HP was satisfied with just that post? Seriously? I call BS.

Why not? tunneling the entire game was like all of a few hours and it seemed to satisfy you so why is it "too easy" when HiroPro likes his answer and not when you like his answer?

What?
Что?
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 01 2012 00:35 GMT
#428
On September 01 2012 09:29 BlackMamba24 wrote:
Your whole "case" literally boils down to the fact that he changed his vote after the person he pressured defended himself, which is basically what you did, putting suspicion on MMToss then retracting it when he defended himself, except you were satisfied even quicker than he was so i really don't understand why people are changing votes at all

since when is it scummy anyway to change your mind

"too easy" is meaningless what does that even mean

it's not like MMtoss defense was so stellar he couldn't have continued pushing him if it was really his scum agenda


Except Hapa never formalized his PoV on mementoss into a case or laid a vote on him. He just agreed with someone's read on Mementoss, and that's it. That's a heck of a lot weaker than making a 400 word post on him and voting.
Что?
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 01 2012 00:36 GMT
#429
Town, if you haven't done so yet:
Vote Hiropro


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=16075232

Hapa's case on him.
Что?
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
September 01 2012 00:37 GMT
#430
On September 01 2012 09:25 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:24 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:16 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:13 Hapahauli wrote:
I'm going to keep my vote on Palmar for a bit. As it stands, there are a couple of people I want to hear more from before I decide what to do with my vote - namely those that haven't voted yet. I'll give em an hour.

Relooking at some filters, I'm growing a bit wary of HiroPro, and his actions seem to follow a scum thought-process.

  • He enters the thread and builds a "case" on MMtoss. This "case" is a re-hash of most of what I pointed out earlier in the post.
  • What seems scummy to me is how quickly he dropped his case. You'd think that a townie would have a bit more confirmation bias? But he drops it the second MMtoss posts his defense to HiroPro for his MrZentor/Hapa scumteam. That seems like a really weak reason to drop your main scumread.
  • He spends the next few hours making one-liners and trying to contribute, when really not. Take a look at his filter.


Thoughts?


That's a bit misleading. He was not convinced at all by MMtoss' first defense and only unvoted after MMtoss cleared it up further. If he was looking for a reason to drop his case, he would have done it sooner than that. MMtoss later addresses HiroPro's main suspicion and the answer satisfied him.


That's the interesting part - he tunnels MMtoss until I explicitly point out his "first defense" (the longer post I take it?) to HiroPro. Then HiroPro posts that he's waiting for MMtoss to respond to him. Then he immediately drops his read after MMtoss responds.


That's not suspicious. He was saying MMtoss' defense wasn't adequate because he didn't address the point. Then when MMtoss addressed the point, he was satisfied. What's scummy about that? We can't have another bandwagon switch right now, the vote is close and there's not a lot of time left in the day.


Because it was too easy. After tunneling MMtoss the entire game, HP was satisfied with just that post? Seriously? I call BS.


Hi, I changed my mind. That doesn't make me scum. That just means I actually rethink my cases and consider what other people write when they make responses. Mementoss addressed my point because he provided a valid example of what he considered to be soft defenses (""Then... you vote Mr.Zentor for lurking? What? and "What does voting MrZentor even do, when you find other people suspicious?") and he provided a valid reasoning for why he would call Hapa+Zentor scumbuddies like that ("I occasionally say aggressive statements like this for people I'm null for to get some sort of reaction out of them and can make another opinion on them based on how they react.").
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:39 GMT
#431
I mean christ look at HiroPro's play up until now:



Before his "Case" against MMToss, he has 8 one-liner posts. He talks about abstaining voters, soft-defends me against SnB, and posts that Hopless1der is "nervous" without ever following up on it.

He then posts his "Case", and sounds confident in his read. He only has two posts before I confront him about his read: a soft defense of SnB and a little poke on MMToss, mentioning that he'll take a look at Shady's filter.

I confront him about his case and MMToss's post.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=363625&currentpage=15#291
Read from this point on. Look how quickly he gives up his read.

He then posts a bunch of one-liners without making reads


a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:43 GMT
#432
Keep in mind that HiroPro has not made a read or even casted a suspicion since his case against MMToss.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:46 GMT
#433
@BM24 - still disagree? I mean think about it, a bunch of people still think MMToss is scummy despite his other posts... and HiroPro changed his mind so easily? Really?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
September 01 2012 00:47 GMT
#434
Sorry I'm a little late here. I think mementoss is town based on his responses to the case against him. I'm null on Palmar overall, and he's next likeliest to be lynched, so I'll lynch him over MMtoss.

##Vote: Palmar

I don't buy into what Hapa is selling right now. Hapa tried to sway Hiro AWAY from his read on MMtoss:

On September 01 2012 07:04 HiroPro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 06:55 Hapahauli wrote:
Howbout this stuff?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=363625&currentpage=13#258

Solid post, good logic, and I agree with most of what he says (still believe BM24 to be more scummy than Shady). Shouldn't that absolve him a bit?


It's ok. The problem I have is that he ignored the brunt of the case (which is how he says he's unclear about Zentor but then later in the same post says that Hapa is soft-defending Zentor and they're scum buddies together) and focused on small things to reply to instead.


Hapa is really off the wall today. Can't or won't sit still and he seems to see scum at every other post. I can't take him very seriously right now, but I think he's town.

HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
September 01 2012 00:47 GMT
#435
On September 01 2012 09:46 Hapahauli wrote:
@BM24 - still disagree? I mean think about it, a bunch of people still think MMToss is scummy despite his other posts... and HiroPro changed his mind so easily? Really?


Because they thought Mementoss was scum for reasons other than mine... Mementoss addressed my major concern with his play fine.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:48 GMT
#436
@ Hopeless - what about this do you disagree with?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=363625&currentpage=22#431

I couldn't have lined it out any better.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
September 01 2012 00:49 GMT
#437
On September 01 2012 09:23 Hapahauli wrote:
@ Node - Don't vote BM24, no one's going to vote for him but you and an afk Marv. Your vote is useless where it is. What do you think about my suspicions about HiroPro?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=363625&currentpage=21#401


I think it's incredibly silly to say that nobody will vote for BM24 when 5 or so people have already swung on to Hiro very suddenly (and with reasoning as minimal as "yeah, sure, why not?"). But as for your case:

I don't think Hiro's done anything explicitly scummy. Yeah, he dropped the case against MM, but seeing as the prevailing opinion now is that MM is safe (otherwise there would be more votes on him), there's nothing wrong with that. His contributions hve been less since then, but I haven't seen anything outright anti-town in his filter (contrast with BM). I've got much stronger scum reads. I'll leave my vote where it is for now.
whole lies with a half smile
BlackMamba24
Profile Joined August 2012
United States277 Posts
September 01 2012 00:49 GMT
#438
On September 01 2012 09:35 Shady Sands wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:29 BlackMamba24 wrote:
Your whole "case" literally boils down to the fact that he changed his vote after the person he pressured defended himself, which is basically what you did, putting suspicion on MMToss then retracting it when he defended himself, except you were satisfied even quicker than he was so i really don't understand why people are changing votes at all

since when is it scummy anyway to change your mind

"too easy" is meaningless what does that even mean

it's not like MMtoss defense was so stellar he couldn't have continued pushing him if it was really his scum agenda


Except Hapa never formalized his PoV on mementoss into a case or laid a vote on him. He just agreed with someone's read on Mementoss, and that's it. That's a heck of a lot weaker than making a 400 word post on him and voting.


BUt I thought the main criticism of HiroPro other than that was that his case was a summation of Hapahauli's suspicions of mementoss? Hapahauli told me himself that after reading his defense he thought MMtoss was town for that. But if HiroPro comes to the same conclusion that makes him scum? don't be stupid.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:52 GMT
#439
On September 01 2012 09:49 Node wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:23 Hapahauli wrote:
@ Node - Don't vote BM24, no one's going to vote for him but you and an afk Marv. Your vote is useless where it is. What do you think about my suspicions about HiroPro?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=363625&currentpage=21#401


I think it's incredibly silly to say that nobody will vote for BM24 when 5 or so people have already swung on to Hiro very suddenly (and with reasoning as minimal as "yeah, sure, why not?"). But as for your case:

I don't think Hiro's done anything explicitly scummy. Yeah, he dropped the case against MM, but seeing as the prevailing opinion now is that MM is safe (otherwise there would be more votes on him), there's nothing wrong with that. His contributions hve been less since then, but I haven't seen anything outright anti-town in his filter (contrast with BM). I've got much stronger scum reads. I'll leave my vote where it is for now.


There are 2 votes on HiroPro. Don't pull this shit about "5 person voteswing" or whatever - you're being misleading.

And MM is not safe. He has 3 votes on him. Are you even reading the thread?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
BlackMamba24
Profile Joined August 2012
United States277 Posts
September 01 2012 00:53 GMT
#440
On September 01 2012 09:32 Shady Sands wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:26 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:25 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:24 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:16 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:13 Hapahauli wrote:
I'm going to keep my vote on Palmar for a bit. As it stands, there are a couple of people I want to hear more from before I decide what to do with my vote - namely those that haven't voted yet. I'll give em an hour.

Relooking at some filters, I'm growing a bit wary of HiroPro, and his actions seem to follow a scum thought-process.

  • He enters the thread and builds a "case" on MMtoss. This "case" is a re-hash of most of what I pointed out earlier in the post.
  • What seems scummy to me is how quickly he dropped his case. You'd think that a townie would have a bit more confirmation bias? But he drops it the second MMtoss posts his defense to HiroPro for his MrZentor/Hapa scumteam. That seems like a really weak reason to drop your main scumread.
  • He spends the next few hours making one-liners and trying to contribute, when really not. Take a look at his filter.


Thoughts?


That's a bit misleading. He was not convinced at all by MMtoss' first defense and only unvoted after MMtoss cleared it up further. If he was looking for a reason to drop his case, he would have done it sooner than that. MMtoss later addresses HiroPro's main suspicion and the answer satisfied him.


That's the interesting part - he tunnels MMtoss until I explicitly point out his "first defense" (the longer post I take it?) to HiroPro. Then HiroPro posts that he's waiting for MMtoss to respond to him. Then he immediately drops his read after MMtoss responds.


That's not suspicious. He was saying MMtoss' defense wasn't adequate because he didn't address the point. Then when MMtoss addressed the point, he was satisfied. What's scummy about that? We can't have another bandwagon switch right now, the vote is close and there's not a lot of time left in the day.


Because it was too easy. After tunneling MMtoss the entire game, HP was satisfied with just that post? Seriously? I call BS.

Why not? tunneling the entire game was like all of a few hours and it seemed to satisfy you so why is it "too easy" when HiroPro likes his answer and not when you like his answer?

What?


It's misleading to say he tunneled anyone the entire game because he made his case, asked for a proper response, got it soon after. You can't say he changed his mind instantly AND tunneled this person all game. Those two statements contradict each other in principle. What you should be saying is the case he made on Mementoss was too strong to be dropped so easily, but then that's also admitting that it was a valid case in the first place.

It's weird to be the basis of someones case against someone which more or less puts you on their side and then accuse them of being scum for coming to the same conclusion as you and in fact HiroPro came to that conclusion LATER than Haupa did. Haupa pointed out his first defense to me as the thing that made him think MMtoss was town (which seems to be a change of heart from the beginning of the game) whereas HiroPro rejected that and waited for a more direct response. That's what real pressure is. This is ridiculous.
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 52 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 468
Dota 2
monkeys_forever532
League of Legends
Doublelift4551
Other Games
summit1g11442
JimRising 552
ViBE224
Livibee202
KnowMe189
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick834
BasetradeTV185
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 129
• Adnapsc2 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1693
• imaqtpie1020
• Shiphtur547
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 59m
Patches Events
14h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 59m
OSC
22h 59m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.