• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:44
CEST 02:44
KST 09:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9600 users

Death Note Mini Mafia - Page 23

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 52 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:54 GMT
#441
On September 01 2012 09:49 BlackMamba24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:35 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:29 BlackMamba24 wrote:
Your whole "case" literally boils down to the fact that he changed his vote after the person he pressured defended himself, which is basically what you did, putting suspicion on MMToss then retracting it when he defended himself, except you were satisfied even quicker than he was so i really don't understand why people are changing votes at all

since when is it scummy anyway to change your mind

"too easy" is meaningless what does that even mean

it's not like MMtoss defense was so stellar he couldn't have continued pushing him if it was really his scum agenda


Except Hapa never formalized his PoV on mementoss into a case or laid a vote on him. He just agreed with someone's read on Mementoss, and that's it. That's a heck of a lot weaker than making a 400 word post on him and voting.


BUt I thought the main criticism of HiroPro other than that was that his case was a summation of Hapahauli's suspicions of mementoss? Hapahauli told me himself that after reading his defense he thought MMtoss was town for that. But if HiroPro comes to the same conclusion that makes him scum? don't be stupid.


Grawww you're not reading again!!!! I thought MMtoss was town for this post:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=363625&currentpage=13#258

HiroPro still thought MMtoss was scummy after that post. He magically dropped his read after this post:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=363625&currentpage=15#293
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
September 01 2012 00:55 GMT
#442
Are you willfully not reading what I post?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:55 GMT
#443
He showed NO intention of dropping his read against MMToss until I confronted him about it, then insta-dropped his read!
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:57 GMT
#444
But if that's not going to convince you BM24, what about the other stuff? The one liners, the soft defenses, the soft-pressure against Hopeless w/out ever following it up, the lack of content, and the lack of an active scumread at this stage in the day!
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
BlackMamba24
Profile Joined August 2012
United States277 Posts
September 01 2012 00:59 GMT
#445
On September 01 2012 09:55 Hapahauli wrote:
He showed NO intention of dropping his read against MMToss until I confronted him about it, then insta-dropped his read!

That was the post I was referring to. It didn't satisfy HiroPro but it satisfied you so how can you say he dropped his suspicions too quick when you dropped them even quicker?

He didn't drop it because you pressured it, he didn't drop it until MMtoss directly answered his question and main point of his case. I don't see what is so hard to understand about that...
BlackMamba24
Profile Joined August 2012
United States277 Posts
September 01 2012 00:59 GMT
#446
none of that other stuff you said is scummy
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
September 01 2012 01:02 GMT
#447
Okay well BMB has already gone through why Hapa's case doesn't demonstrate Hiro to be scummy.
Hapa still has a point regarding who does Hiro think is scum.
Hiro? If your around, we'd be much obliged.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 01:04 GMT
#448
On September 01 2012 09:59 BlackMamba24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:55 Hapahauli wrote:
He showed NO intention of dropping his read against MMToss until I confronted him about it, then insta-dropped his read!

That was the post I was referring to. It didn't satisfy HiroPro but it satisfied you so how can you say he dropped his suspicions too quick when you dropped them even quicker?

He didn't drop it because you pressured it, he didn't drop it until MMtoss directly answered his question and main point of his case. I don't see what is so hard to understand about that...


You actually buy that?

Do you think like that as a townie? Clearly not, or you would've accepted the first defense that SnB posted against you insteantly. You don't see it as strange that Hiro doesn't pressure him any more than that after posting his case? Like he insta-dropped his suspicions man.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 01:05 GMT
#449
On September 01 2012 10:02 Hopeless1der wrote:
Okay well BMB has already gone through why Hapa's case doesn't demonstrate Hiro to be scummy.
Hapa still has a point regarding who does Hiro think is scum.
Hiro? If your around, we'd be much obliged.


Goddamnit townies don't think like that! Townies don't insta-drop cases like that!
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
September 01 2012 01:06 GMT
#450
On September 01 2012 10:04 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:59 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:55 Hapahauli wrote:
He showed NO intention of dropping his read against MMToss until I confronted him about it, then insta-dropped his read!

That was the post I was referring to. It didn't satisfy HiroPro but it satisfied you so how can you say he dropped his suspicions too quick when you dropped them even quicker?

He didn't drop it because you pressured it, he didn't drop it until MMtoss directly answered his question and main point of his case. I don't see what is so hard to understand about that...


You actually buy that?

Do you think like that as a townie? Clearly not, or you would've accepted the first defense that SnB posted against you insteantly. You don't see it as strange that Hiro doesn't pressure him any more than that after posting his case? Like he insta-dropped his suspicions man.


No he wouldn't. Or rather, I wouldn't. Read the argument presented and THEN make a decision. Your reasoning here is terrible and its things like that that make me want to ignore your cases in general.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 01:13 GMT
#451
The argument presented was that HiroPro accepted MMToss's "defense" to his case (defense posted below).
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=363625&currentpage=15#293

As far as I know, that's it. HiroPro accepted it, and for some reason, you and BM24 accept it at face value. However, let me tell you why this is very unlikely:

1) HiroPro went from extreme suspicion (note the wording, "MMtoss is scum"), to a dropped suspicion in one post.
2) HiroPro still should have reason to suspect MMtoss, even after MMtoss defends himself. People still fnd MMtoss suspicious, yet for some reason, HiroPro accepted the magical answer?
3) HiroPro is happy to poke and prod random townies, but barely makes an attempt to question MMtoss, who is Hiro's main scumread.

I could go on, but what more do you need here? I hope you don't actually buy Hiro's excuse.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
September 01 2012 01:15 GMT
#452
ARE YOU FUCKING READING ANYTHING I POST

On September 01 2012 09:37 HiroPro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:25 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:24 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:16 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:13 Hapahauli wrote:
I'm going to keep my vote on Palmar for a bit. As it stands, there are a couple of people I want to hear more from before I decide what to do with my vote - namely those that haven't voted yet. I'll give em an hour.

Relooking at some filters, I'm growing a bit wary of HiroPro, and his actions seem to follow a scum thought-process.

  • He enters the thread and builds a "case" on MMtoss. This "case" is a re-hash of most of what I pointed out earlier in the post.
  • What seems scummy to me is how quickly he dropped his case. You'd think that a townie would have a bit more confirmation bias? But he drops it the second MMtoss posts his defense to HiroPro for his MrZentor/Hapa scumteam. That seems like a really weak reason to drop your main scumread.
  • He spends the next few hours making one-liners and trying to contribute, when really not. Take a look at his filter.


Thoughts?


That's a bit misleading. He was not convinced at all by MMtoss' first defense and only unvoted after MMtoss cleared it up further. If he was looking for a reason to drop his case, he would have done it sooner than that. MMtoss later addresses HiroPro's main suspicion and the answer satisfied him.


That's the interesting part - he tunnels MMtoss until I explicitly point out his "first defense" (the longer post I take it?) to HiroPro. Then HiroPro posts that he's waiting for MMtoss to respond to him. Then he immediately drops his read after MMtoss responds.


That's not suspicious. He was saying MMtoss' defense wasn't adequate because he didn't address the point. Then when MMtoss addressed the point, he was satisfied. What's scummy about that? We can't have another bandwagon switch right now, the vote is close and there's not a lot of time left in the day.


Because it was too easy. After tunneling MMtoss the entire game, HP was satisfied with just that post? Seriously? I call BS.


Hi, I changed my mind. That doesn't make me scum. That just means I actually rethink my cases and consider what other people write when they make responses. Mementoss addressed my point because he provided a valid example of what he considered to be soft defenses (""Then... you vote Mr.Zentor for lurking? What? and "What does voting MrZentor even do, when you find other people suspicious?") and he provided a valid reasoning for why he would call Hapa+Zentor scumbuddies like that ("I occasionally say aggressive statements like this for people I'm null for to get some sort of reaction out of them and can make another opinion on them based on how they react.").


On September 01 2012 09:47 HiroPro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:46 Hapahauli wrote:
@BM24 - still disagree? I mean think about it, a bunch of people still think MMToss is scummy despite his other posts... and HiroPro changed his mind so easily? Really?


Because they thought Mementoss was scum for reasons other than mine... Mementoss addressed my major concern with his play fine.

Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 01:15 GMT
#453
Like shit, Hiro STILL isn't making an effort to scumhunt with 1 hour to the deadline. You could lynch him JUST on that!
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 01:15 GMT
#454
On September 01 2012 10:15 HiroPro wrote:
ARE YOU FUCKING READING ANYTHING I POST

Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:37 HiroPro wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:25 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:24 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:16 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:13 Hapahauli wrote:
I'm going to keep my vote on Palmar for a bit. As it stands, there are a couple of people I want to hear more from before I decide what to do with my vote - namely those that haven't voted yet. I'll give em an hour.

Relooking at some filters, I'm growing a bit wary of HiroPro, and his actions seem to follow a scum thought-process.

  • He enters the thread and builds a "case" on MMtoss. This "case" is a re-hash of most of what I pointed out earlier in the post.
  • What seems scummy to me is how quickly he dropped his case. You'd think that a townie would have a bit more confirmation bias? But he drops it the second MMtoss posts his defense to HiroPro for his MrZentor/Hapa scumteam. That seems like a really weak reason to drop your main scumread.
  • He spends the next few hours making one-liners and trying to contribute, when really not. Take a look at his filter.


Thoughts?


That's a bit misleading. He was not convinced at all by MMtoss' first defense and only unvoted after MMtoss cleared it up further. If he was looking for a reason to drop his case, he would have done it sooner than that. MMtoss later addresses HiroPro's main suspicion and the answer satisfied him.


That's the interesting part - he tunnels MMtoss until I explicitly point out his "first defense" (the longer post I take it?) to HiroPro. Then HiroPro posts that he's waiting for MMtoss to respond to him. Then he immediately drops his read after MMtoss responds.


That's not suspicious. He was saying MMtoss' defense wasn't adequate because he didn't address the point. Then when MMtoss addressed the point, he was satisfied. What's scummy about that? We can't have another bandwagon switch right now, the vote is close and there's not a lot of time left in the day.


Because it was too easy. After tunneling MMtoss the entire game, HP was satisfied with just that post? Seriously? I call BS.


Hi, I changed my mind. That doesn't make me scum. That just means I actually rethink my cases and consider what other people write when they make responses. Mementoss addressed my point because he provided a valid example of what he considered to be soft defenses (""Then... you vote Mr.Zentor for lurking? What? and "What does voting MrZentor even do, when you find other people suspicious?") and he provided a valid reasoning for why he would call Hapa+Zentor scumbuddies like that ("I occasionally say aggressive statements like this for people I'm null for to get some sort of reaction out of them and can make another opinion on them based on how they react.").


Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:47 HiroPro wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:46 Hapahauli wrote:
@BM24 - still disagree? I mean think about it, a bunch of people still think MMToss is scummy despite his other posts... and HiroPro changed his mind so easily? Really?


Because they thought Mementoss was scum for reasons other than mine... Mementoss addressed my major concern with his play fine.



I am, and I'm posting why I think you're full of shit.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
September 01 2012 01:16 GMT
#455
On September 01 2012 10:02 Hopeless1der wrote:
Okay well BMB has already gone through why Hapa's case doesn't demonstrate Hiro to be scummy.
Hapa still has a point regarding who does Hiro think is scum.
Hiro? If your around, we'd be much obliged.


No, I don't have any strong scum reads at this point. Risen looks weird to me because he made a case on Shady and then proceeded to go lynch Palmar because he's a troll. But it's not something I'd vote him for.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 01:17 GMT
#456
On September 01 2012 10:16 HiroPro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 10:02 Hopeless1der wrote:
Okay well BMB has already gone through why Hapa's case doesn't demonstrate Hiro to be scummy.
Hapa still has a point regarding who does Hiro think is scum.
Hiro? If your around, we'd be much obliged.


No, I don't have any strong scum reads at this point. Risen looks weird to me because he made a case on Shady and then proceeded to go lynch Palmar because he's a troll. But it's not something I'd vote him for.


LOOK AT THIS!!

He's not scumhunting! *********************************
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
September 01 2012 01:18 GMT
#457
To be honest, I don't think you are either.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 01:20 GMT
#458
I could not lay it out for you any clearer.

Here's a guy who has no active scumreads... hey remember who also had no active scumreads as mafia @ lynch deadline? That's right, you did in Newbie XX.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
September 01 2012 01:21 GMT
#459
The vote spread is identical to NMM XXIV, where the top two votes were both townies. After that game it was pointed out that if one of the top votes had been scum, it's likely that there would have been a stronger defense of that candidate. The difference between the two games is that in this case, there was a stronger defense of one candidate. I think that there may have been scum support behind the switch off of Mementoss. The entire situation just feels... wrong to me. I feel manipulated and that always makes me suspicious. I said that he had convinced me of his innocence, but he still sticks out as my top scumread (Yes, I've been caught in a "lie"). I know what effects this can have on my already crappy reputation in this game, but I'm going to...

##Vote Mementoss
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 01:22 GMT
#460
/facepalm
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 52 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings97
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE169
SpeCial 130
StarCraft: Brood War
NaDa 25
Bale 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever530
canceldota164
NeuroSwarm162
League of Legends
Doublelift4301
Counter-Strike
taco 203
Other Games
summit1g7006
JimRising 469
C9.Mang0354
ToD73
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP72
• poizon28 39
• davetesta24
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra917
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h 16m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.