• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:57
CEST 07:57
KST 14:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9387 users

Death Note Mini Mafia - Page 21

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 52 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:13 GMT
#401
I'm going to keep my vote on Palmar for a bit. As it stands, there are a couple of people I want to hear more from before I decide what to do with my vote - namely those that haven't voted yet. I'll give em an hour.

Relooking at some filters, I'm growing a bit wary of HiroPro, and his actions seem to follow a scum thought-process.

  • He enters the thread and builds a "case" on MMtoss. This "case" is a re-hash of most of what I pointed out earlier in the post.
  • What seems scummy to me is how quickly he dropped his case. You'd think that a townie would have a bit more confirmation bias? But he drops it the second MMtoss posts his defense to HiroPro for his MrZentor/Hapa scumteam. That seems like a really weak reason to drop your main scumread.
  • He spends the next few hours making one-liners and trying to contribute, when really not. Take a look at his filter.


Thoughts?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:14 GMT
#402
Oh, in case you were wondering, I still think MMToss is town. Admittedly partly due to my new suspicions against HiroPro
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
BlackMamba24
Profile Joined August 2012
United States277 Posts
September 01 2012 00:16 GMT
#403
On September 01 2012 09:13 Hapahauli wrote:
I'm going to keep my vote on Palmar for a bit. As it stands, there are a couple of people I want to hear more from before I decide what to do with my vote - namely those that haven't voted yet. I'll give em an hour.

Relooking at some filters, I'm growing a bit wary of HiroPro, and his actions seem to follow a scum thought-process.

  • He enters the thread and builds a "case" on MMtoss. This "case" is a re-hash of most of what I pointed out earlier in the post.
  • What seems scummy to me is how quickly he dropped his case. You'd think that a townie would have a bit more confirmation bias? But he drops it the second MMtoss posts his defense to HiroPro for his MrZentor/Hapa scumteam. That seems like a really weak reason to drop your main scumread.
  • He spends the next few hours making one-liners and trying to contribute, when really not. Take a look at his filter.


Thoughts?


That's a bit misleading. He was not convinced at all by MMtoss' first defense and only unvoted after MMtoss cleared it up further. If he was looking for a reason to drop his case, he would have done it sooner than that. MMtoss later addresses HiroPro's main suspicion and the answer satisfied him.
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 01 2012 00:16 GMT
#404
On September 01 2012 09:13 Hapahauli wrote:
I'm going to keep my vote on Palmar for a bit. As it stands, there are a couple of people I want to hear more from before I decide what to do with my vote - namely those that haven't voted yet. I'll give em an hour.

Relooking at some filters, I'm growing a bit wary of HiroPro, and his actions seem to follow a scum thought-process.

  • He enters the thread and builds a "case" on MMtoss. This "case" is a re-hash of most of what I pointed out earlier in the post.
  • What seems scummy to me is how quickly he dropped his case. You'd think that a townie would have a bit more confirmation bias? But he drops it the second MMtoss posts his defense to HiroPro for his MrZentor/Hapa scumteam. That seems like a really weak reason to drop your main scumread.
  • He spends the next few hours making one-liners and trying to contribute, when really not. Take a look at his filter.


Thoughts?


I'm actually in substantial agreement here. After rereading the voting rules (first-to-plurality) I had a strong scumread on the three wagoners of MMToss--Mkfuba, Ghost, and Hiro, and I dug through their three filters and found the scummiest one to post on.

This has been reconfirmed by the fact that Hiro and Mkfuba have all rescinded their reads.
Что?
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
September 01 2012 00:17 GMT
#405
Alright I gotta go for the night

##Unvote: ShadySands
##Vote: Palmar


I know I'm town, and me not dieing gives a hell of a lot better chances of actually killing scum, rather than killing someone actually generating discussion towards finding scum.

@hapa, Apparently Hiro usually posts one-liners all the time, but your first 2 bullets are good.

If I die, kill ghost or blackmamba.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:17 GMT
#406
On September 01 2012 09:16 BlackMamba24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:13 Hapahauli wrote:
I'm going to keep my vote on Palmar for a bit. As it stands, there are a couple of people I want to hear more from before I decide what to do with my vote - namely those that haven't voted yet. I'll give em an hour.

Relooking at some filters, I'm growing a bit wary of HiroPro, and his actions seem to follow a scum thought-process.

  • He enters the thread and builds a "case" on MMtoss. This "case" is a re-hash of most of what I pointed out earlier in the post.
  • What seems scummy to me is how quickly he dropped his case. You'd think that a townie would have a bit more confirmation bias? But he drops it the second MMtoss posts his defense to HiroPro for his MrZentor/Hapa scumteam. That seems like a really weak reason to drop your main scumread.
  • He spends the next few hours making one-liners and trying to contribute, when really not. Take a look at his filter.


Thoughts?


That's a bit misleading. He was not convinced at all by MMtoss' first defense and only unvoted after MMtoss cleared it up further. If he was looking for a reason to drop his case, he would have done it sooner than that. MMtoss later addresses HiroPro's main suspicion and the answer satisfied him.


That's the interesting part - he tunnels MMtoss until I explicitly point out his "first defense" (the longer post I take it?) to HiroPro. Then HiroPro posts that he's waiting for MMtoss to respond to him. Then he immediately drops his read after MMtoss responds.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
September 01 2012 00:19 GMT
#407
I'm going to vote for BlackMamba. Here's why:

One scum almost always takes it upon themselves to make large posts early on and establish themselves as very very "pro-town". They love buzzwords like "anti-town" and other stupid things like that. I just can't see any reason for a townie to spend that much time, early in the game, establishing their townieness unless there is a mayoral election or something like that.


This is such an incredibly wrong and scummy statement that it's unbelievable. Think about what it means for just a second. Mamba is saying that going out of your way to establish your townieness is unnecessary -- even scummy. It's even one of the first rules in Ver's guide: establish your own innocence in order to create a good atmospere and make it easier to find scum. (forgive me for not citing it directly at this moment; my resources are limited)

Now, why would he want to enforce this? Only scum could possibly want to establish an atmosphere where showing your innocence is a bad thing.

There's also the insinuation that claiming self-aware miller is a poor choice, the questionable case against Hapa (dismissed with an "I wasn't-really-trying" excuse), and the statement that voting for someone doing as little as Palmar would actually be a bad idea. All of this comes together to show somebody that isn't trying to establish a pro-town atmosphere, is pushing the wrong targets, and is definitely scum.

##vote BlackMamba24
whole lies with a half smile
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:20 GMT
#408
Interesting... I post suspicions against Hiro, then two posters throw down two votes against two different players. Coincidence?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 01 2012 00:20 GMT
#409
On September 01 2012 09:19 Node wrote:
I'm going to vote for BlackMamba. Here's why:

Show nested quote +
One scum almost always takes it upon themselves to make large posts early on and establish themselves as very very "pro-town". They love buzzwords like "anti-town" and other stupid things like that. I just can't see any reason for a townie to spend that much time, early in the game, establishing their townieness unless there is a mayoral election or something like that.


This is such an incredibly wrong and scummy statement that it's unbelievable. Think about what it means for just a second. Mamba is saying that going out of your way to establish your townieness is unnecessary -- even scummy. It's even one of the first rules in Ver's guide: establish your own innocence in order to create a good atmospere and make it easier to find scum. (forgive me for not citing it directly at this moment; my resources are limited)

Now, why would he want to enforce this? Only scum could possibly want to establish an atmosphere where showing your innocence is a bad thing.

There's also the insinuation that claiming self-aware miller is a poor choice, the questionable case against Hapa (dismissed with an "I wasn't-really-trying" excuse), and the statement that voting for someone doing as little as Palmar would actually be a bad idea. All of this comes together to show somebody that isn't trying to establish a pro-town atmosphere, is pushing the wrong targets, and is definitely scum.

##vote BlackMamba24


Where the fuck where you today?
Что?
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 01 2012 00:20 GMT
#410
On September 01 2012 09:20 Hapahauli wrote:
Interesting... I post suspicions against Hiro, then two posters throw down two votes against two different players. Coincidence?

It's getting close to deadline, everything's going to be cramped.
Что?
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 01 2012 00:21 GMT
#411
So at this point I'm think Ghost is trying to push MMToss as a long-term mislynch. MMToss has been forced to vote Palmar, Palmar flips town, then Ghost jumps all over MMToss for the second mislynch.
Что?
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
September 01 2012 00:21 GMT
#412
Out. What does it matter? I wasn't here before; I'm here now. If you're going to hold it against me, do so.
whole lies with a half smile
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 01 2012 00:22 GMT
#413
Seriously, Ghost, Hiropro, and Mkfuba are probably the scumteam. You heard it here first.
Что?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:22 GMT
#414
Up for swinging a vote against HP Shady?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
BlackMamba24
Profile Joined August 2012
United States277 Posts
September 01 2012 00:22 GMT
#415
On September 01 2012 09:19 Node wrote:
I'm going to vote for BlackMamba. Here's why:

Show nested quote +
One scum almost always takes it upon themselves to make large posts early on and establish themselves as very very "pro-town". They love buzzwords like "anti-town" and other stupid things like that. I just can't see any reason for a townie to spend that much time, early in the game, establishing their townieness unless there is a mayoral election or something like that.


This is such an incredibly wrong and scummy statement that it's unbelievable. Think about what it means for just a second. Mamba is saying that going out of your way to establish your townieness is unnecessary -- even scummy. It's even one of the first rules in Ver's guide: establish your own innocence in order to create a good atmospere and make it easier to find scum. (forgive me for not citing it directly at this moment; my resources are limited)

Now, why would he want to enforce this? Only scum could possibly want to establish an atmosphere where showing your innocence is a bad thing.

There's also the insinuation that claiming self-aware miller is a poor choice, the questionable case against Hapa (dismissed with an "I wasn't-really-trying" excuse), and the statement that voting for someone doing as little as Palmar would actually be a bad idea. All of this comes together to show somebody that isn't trying to establish a pro-town atmosphere, is pushing the wrong targets, and is definitely scum.

##vote BlackMamba24


I've played in a million games with you saying the same thing every time and this is the first time you've said anything about it. It's been something I looked for ever since RoL nailed the fuck out of Annul in my mini mafia game for it and after I missed axing GMarshal for the same thing.

Other good scumhunters have looked for this. Inherent guilt leads to scum trying to establish innocence when not necessary. Concerning themselves with making themselves looking town instead of finding scum. I never dismissed my case against HApa, I'm just not voting for him now because I feel better about something else. Is till think his first two posts were stupid and set off little scum alarms in my head. But they're little. It was 5 hours into the game.

It's nice to see you come back into the game after a day with a case that sounds like it was written by someone else at the last minute to push the vote to get rid of me
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:23 GMT
#416
@ Node - Don't vote BM24, no one's going to vote for him but you and an afk Marv. Your vote is useless where it is. What do you think about my suspicions about HiroPro?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=363625&currentpage=21#401
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 01 2012 00:23 GMT
#417
On September 01 2012 09:22 Hapahauli wrote:
Up for swinging a vote against HP Shady?

Sure.

## Unvote
## Vote Hiropro
Что?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:24 GMT
#418
##Vote HiroPro
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
BlackMamba24
Profile Joined August 2012
United States277 Posts
September 01 2012 00:24 GMT
#419
On September 01 2012 09:17 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2012 09:16 BlackMamba24 wrote:
On September 01 2012 09:13 Hapahauli wrote:
I'm going to keep my vote on Palmar for a bit. As it stands, there are a couple of people I want to hear more from before I decide what to do with my vote - namely those that haven't voted yet. I'll give em an hour.

Relooking at some filters, I'm growing a bit wary of HiroPro, and his actions seem to follow a scum thought-process.

  • He enters the thread and builds a "case" on MMtoss. This "case" is a re-hash of most of what I pointed out earlier in the post.
  • What seems scummy to me is how quickly he dropped his case. You'd think that a townie would have a bit more confirmation bias? But he drops it the second MMtoss posts his defense to HiroPro for his MrZentor/Hapa scumteam. That seems like a really weak reason to drop your main scumread.
  • He spends the next few hours making one-liners and trying to contribute, when really not. Take a look at his filter.


Thoughts?


That's a bit misleading. He was not convinced at all by MMtoss' first defense and only unvoted after MMtoss cleared it up further. If he was looking for a reason to drop his case, he would have done it sooner than that. MMtoss later addresses HiroPro's main suspicion and the answer satisfied him.


That's the interesting part - he tunnels MMtoss until I explicitly point out his "first defense" (the longer post I take it?) to HiroPro. Then HiroPro posts that he's waiting for MMtoss to respond to him. Then he immediately drops his read after MMtoss responds.


That's not suspicious. He was saying MMtoss' defense wasn't adequate because he didn't address the point. Then when MMtoss addressed the point, he was satisfied. What's scummy about that? We can't have another bandwagon switch right now, the vote is close and there's not a lot of time left in the day.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 01 2012 00:24 GMT
#420
Err shit.

##Unvote Palmar
##Vote HiroPro
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 52 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 299
Mind 67
sorry 40
Bale 32
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
JimRising 693
Other Games
summit1g7496
Coldzera 717
WinterStarcraft659
C9.Mang0303
Sick126
febbydoto11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
BasetradeTV198
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2150
League of Legends
• Rush1319
Other Games
• Shiphtur639
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 3m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 3m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 3m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.