• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:04
CEST 11:04
KST 18:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5825 users

TL Mafia LI - Page 126

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 131 Next
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
April 13 2012 15:42 GMT
#2501
o my bad. well good scum RB/shot regardless

thx sloosh ^^ the only problem with your play is that you look so townie, scum will continually want to shoot you xp

ghost why didn't u claim ur vig shot? genuinely curious. I think town might've been fcked just b/c we lost all additional 4KP in one night. This has taught me a lot about not wasting blue power if it could potentially become anti-town.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
zelblade
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia901 Posts
April 13 2012 15:44 GMT
#2502
Actually sloosh was supposed to be a bluesnipe
jaj22
Profile Joined September 2009
United Kingdom1376 Posts
April 13 2012 15:44 GMT
#2503
@Marvellosity: I had you as a strong town read. You played a hell of a lot better than in your mini game.

The game desperately needed a spam vig. Preferably two of them. This spam + bus tactic is OP, at least with VE and Toad as the participants. They were bad enough in L.

My scum list was pretty good except that BH was on it.

GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 13 2012 15:45 GMT
#2504
On April 14 2012 00:44 jaj22 wrote:
@Marvellosity: I had you as a strong town read. You played a hell of a lot better than in your mini game.

The game desperately needed a spam vig. Preferably two of them. This spam + bus tactic is OP, at least with VE and Toad as the participants. They were bad enough in L.

My scum list was pretty good except that BH was on it.


I gave you guys four vigis so you could take out lurkers and spammers as needed, somehow they were all out of the running by day 2 -__-
Moderator
jaj22
Profile Joined September 2009
United Kingdom1376 Posts
April 13 2012 15:46 GMT
#2505
@zelblade: Was Midnight a blue snipe too? He always plays like that so I guessed it was a defensive shot.

zelblade
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia901 Posts
April 13 2012 15:48 GMT
#2506
Yea he was a bluesnipe too.

We were also intending to bluesnipe grack but changed to Jackal.
zelblade
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia901 Posts
April 13 2012 15:49 GMT
#2507
Talk about fail bluesnipes
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
April 13 2012 15:53 GMT
#2508
On April 14 2012 00:44 zelblade wrote:
Actually sloosh was supposed to be a bluesnipe

I always play like VT when I roll blue.

From my perspective, blue roles aren't that strong in the games I've played, so they were like little mini games (medic = guess who mafia will shoot, DT = check someone just for kicks), but never enough to think 'oh I have a super important role time to lurk so mafia won't shoot me'. Because that is exactly what happens.
zelblade
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia901 Posts
April 13 2012 15:56 GMT
#2509
On April 14 2012 00:53 slOosh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 00:44 zelblade wrote:
Actually sloosh was supposed to be a bluesnipe

I always play like VT when I roll blue.

From my perspective, blue roles aren't that strong in the games I've played, so they were like little mini games (medic = guess who mafia will shoot, DT = check someone just for kicks), but never enough to think 'oh I have a super important role time to lurk so mafia won't shoot me'. Because that is exactly what happens.


Yea alot of newb blues post as if they are scared or something =/

You were posting lesser than usual so we decided you might be a blue and sent a bullet your way anyway :D
jaj22
Profile Joined September 2009
United Kingdom1376 Posts
April 13 2012 15:57 GMT
#2510
On April 14 2012 00:45 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 00:44 jaj22 wrote:
@Marvellosity: I had you as a strong town read. You played a hell of a lot better than in your mini game.

The game desperately needed a spam vig. Preferably two of them. This spam + bus tactic is OP, at least with VE and Toad as the participants. They were bad enough in L.

My scum list was pretty good except that BH was on it.


I gave you guys four vigis so you could take out lurkers and spammers as needed, somehow they were all out of the running by day 2 -__-

I was thinking dayvig. Day 2 was clearly heading for disaster within a few hours of the night post

The vig situation was pretty bad luck. I can understand ET worrying about being a nightkill target, although I don't like shooting a guy with no town meta. Sputnik was practically begging for a vig, thereby wasting two of them.

marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 13 2012 16:06 GMT
#2511
On April 14 2012 00:33 zelblade wrote:
Dude Jackal didnt shoot, the thing says "gets shot by VE" not "shot VE but failed".

And yea marvels play was quite ok except a couple of wrong reads. But d2 was such a clusterfuck that -.-


Yeah. I'll tell you what went wrong and what I learnt from the VE issue from my PoV. My thought process went like this:

1. What do I think of the DT claim? It's fucking stupid. Right.
2. Knowing VE as a player, do I think the claim makes any sense from EITHER a town or mafia point of view? Answer: no.
3. Neither make sense, so I lean town because I believe VE would be more calculating as mafia.

#3 is where it went wrong. The 2nd bolded bit is the answer to the first although I didn't understand at the time. If neither play makes sense, then there must be something else The answer is that there is a hidden motivation that I do not know or understand -> clear scumread.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 13 2012 16:10 GMT
#2512
@Gonzaw I tried compiling your code on my linux machine and it gave me an error -.-

I think that what you're trying to do would be better to be written in Haskell rather than C++ or C. I'll try to do that instead.
Enjoy your day.
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
April 13 2012 16:11 GMT
#2513
On April 14 2012 00:56 zelblade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 00:53 slOosh wrote:
On April 14 2012 00:44 zelblade wrote:
Actually sloosh was supposed to be a bluesnipe

I always play like VT when I roll blue.

From my perspective, blue roles aren't that strong in the games I've played, so they were like little mini games (medic = guess who mafia will shoot, DT = check someone just for kicks), but never enough to think 'oh I have a super important role time to lurk so mafia won't shoot me'. Because that is exactly what happens.


Yea alot of newb blues post as if they are scared or something =/

You were posting lesser than usual so we decided you might be a blue and sent a bullet your way anyway :D

Ah, that was just because it was my first normal size game and people were already driving discussion. I only posted so people wouldn't think I was scummy as I prefered to take a backseat objective view into things.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 13 2012 16:13 GMT
#2514
Yeah, I basically claimed scum with the claim. Bugs will tell you. The idea was to claim, then spend the remainder of the day talking about nothing but VE/Toad until the penultimate bus that ensured our victory.

When a whole day's discussion and votes revolve around two players of the same alignment, the day is wasted. It's good that you had a good read on me marvel and I'm flattered that you caught me by recognizing the bone-headedness of my claim (u2 bugs) but if you didn't take from this that you need to be more mindful of the reasoning - why did I claim like that if I AM scum - then I suggest you think again bro. I still attest that scum would have won this, specifically because people weren't thinking about 'why' I did it.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 13 2012 16:15 GMT
#2515
On April 14 2012 01:13 VisceraEyes wrote:
Yeah, I basically claimed scum with the claim. Bugs will tell you. The idea was to claim, then spend the remainder of the day talking about nothing but VE/Toad until the penultimate bus that ensured our victory.

When a whole day's discussion and votes revolve around two players of the same alignment, the day is wasted. It's good that you had a good read on me marvel and I'm flattered that you caught me by recognizing the bone-headedness of my claim (u2 bugs) but if you didn't take from this that you need to be more mindful of the reasoning - why did I claim like that if I AM scum - then I suggest you think again bro. I still attest that scum would have won this, specifically because people weren't thinking about 'why' I did it.


Absolutely. I got pwned this time but this goes in my thought process bank.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
April 13 2012 16:21 GMT
#2516
Where I think I did good:
I think my play was pretty decent. If I had a vig shot I was shooting in this order day 1, VE michael Artanis. Only one to make a case and pressure Zealos.

I was going to make a case on Adam that night, and also say Toad isn't anywhere confirmed town his actions were still scummy. If I got hit I would claim my veteran and hopefully that would make Toad's claim seem more scummy, espeically if Jitsu breadcrumbed early and claimed with me.

Where I think I did bad:
My opinions on WBG (although after VE flipped I was hold back on WBG and admit I was probably wrong) and BH.
I never ever suspected Zelblade.
My bad play as veteran. I was never talked about being hit in ScumQT that means I failed as a veteran.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 13 2012 16:22 GMT
#2517
On April 14 2012 01:21 Mementoss wrote:
Where I think I did good:
I think my play was pretty decent. If I had a vig shot I was shooting in this order day 1, VE michael Artanis. Only one to make a case and pressure Zealos.

I was going to make a case on Adam that night, and also say Toad isn't anywhere confirmed town his actions were still scummy. If I got hit I would claim my veteran and hopefully that would make Toad's claim seem more scummy, espeically if Jitsu breadcrumbed early and claimed with me.

Where I think I did bad:
My opinions on WBG (although after VE flipped I was hold back on WBG and admit I was probably wrong) and BH.
I never ever suspected Zelblade.
My bad play as veteran. I was never talked about being hit in ScumQT that means I failed as a veteran.


My opinion probably doesn't mean much but I think you played well.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
April 13 2012 16:24 GMT
#2518
How exactly does bluesniping work? What are things that make you think a player is blue?
Trust in Bayes.
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
April 13 2012 16:35 GMT
#2519
On April 14 2012 01:24 MidnightGladius wrote:
How exactly does bluesniping work? What are things that make you think a player is blue?


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=147475

Scroll down to the section labelled Night 1, it goes through how to blue hunt.

If you haven't read the whole thing yet, I highly recommend it.
Zealos
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom3576 Posts
April 13 2012 16:36 GMT
#2520
I think both Mementoss and Marvel played well.
On the internet if you disagree with or dislike something you're angry and taking it too seriously. == Join TLMafia !
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 131 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 145
EnDerr 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 4278
Hyuk 323
Stork 164
Soma 136
Mong 74
NotJumperer 66
EffOrt 61
Killer 60
Shinee 57
ToSsGirL 44
[ Show more ]
Sharp 31
Bale 30
Noble 27
ajuk12(nOOB) 25
Hm[arnc] 24
Shine 16
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc81
League of Legends
JimRising 457
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1228
shoxiejesuss700
ceh9524
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King147
Other Games
summit1g7728
gofns1581
singsing980
crisheroes109
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
BasetradeTV157
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 15
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2177
• WagamamaTV103
League of Legends
• Stunt415
Other Games
• Shiphtur791
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
56m
INu's Battles
1h 56m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
3h 56m
OSC
13h 11m
Replay Cast
13h 56m
OSC
1d 13h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.